Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--47--Ministry  (Read 16676 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Re: The Desire of Ages--47--Ministry
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2018, 02:24:50 PM »
Amen, dear Sister, what a privilege is ours! But, as you say, we must behold the glory of our Savior before we attempt to do combat with Satan. This chapter is about saving faith. The disciples often did not possess this kind of faith. From time to time as they beheld the Savior, their hearts were fully given to Him. But, not so when Jesus comes down from the mountain. They much to overcome, not the least of which is the false teaching which has been so long in the nation. Like many today, they did not understand their true nature, and their continual need of Jesus. The father of the possessed child understand his "unbelief" and its danger. Do we understand that we must have divine power to overcome our fallen nature?

The words of Christ pointing to His death had brought sadness and doubt. And the selection of the three disciples to accompany Jesus to the mountain had excited the jealousy of the nine. Instead of strengthening their faith by prayer and meditation on the words of Christ, they had been dwelling on their discouragements and personal grievances. In this state of darkness they had undertaken the conflict with Satan.
     In order to succeed in such a conflict they must come to the work in a different spirit. Their faith must be strengthened by fervent prayer and fasting, and humiliation of heart. They must be emptied of self, and be filled with the Spirit and power of God.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2019, 03:02:24 AM »
Unbelief. It can be such a struggle to really believe that Jesus can pardon ME and change MY character, heal MY life, and make me like Him, or do anything that He has promised in His word. But in the powerful story of the father whose son is demon-possessed and maniac, we are seen what is needed--complete honesty and utter dependence upon Christ. The father needed to believe Christ could give Him saving faith in Christ's complete power to heal his son, and look away from the weakness of himself to the infinite loveliness of Jesus and His power through the Holy Spirit to restore his son to wholeness. In a sense, I feel like I have been both that father and that son. I have wrestled with really believing that Jesus can really forgive MY great sins and make me a new creature, and, having passed through years of turmoil of depression and mania (bipolar), I am eternally grateful to God that He not only helped me to come to a saving faith in His power to forgive my sins, but also lifted the horrible terror of bipolar upon my life, so that I have been well from that illness by God's healing principles and the power of His word for 8 years! God loves to have us come to Him in our most desperate and "impossible" situations. Come to Him today and see Him do His work by His word in you as you cooperate with His grace!!

"'If Thou canst do anything, have compassion on us, and help us.' How many a sin-burdened soul has echoed that prayer. And to all, the pitying Saviour's answer is, 'If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.' It is faith that connects us with heaven, and brings us strength for coping with the powers of darkness. In Christ, God has provided means for subduing every sinful trait, and resisting every temptation, however strong. But many feel that they lack faith, and therefore they remain away from Christ. Let these souls, in their helpless unworthiness, cast themselves upon the mercy of their compassionate Saviour. Look not to self, but to Christ. He who healed the sick and cast out demons when He walked among men is the same mighty Redeemer today. Faith comes by the word of God. Then grasp His promise, 'Him that cometh to Me I will in no wise cast out.' John 6:37. Cast yourself at His feet with the cry, 'Lord, I believe; help Thou mine unbelief.' You can never perish while you do this--never." {The Desire of Ages, page 429, paragraph 1}
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2019, 10:35:18 AM »
Amen Pastor Sean! Unbelief is not trusting in Jesus with the whole heart. What is belief, the devil's believe and tremble. We can believe many things, it doesn't mean that we have no unbelief. The evil's don't trust in Jesus, they just believe He is who He is. What is belief? It is faith, but faith does not save us. It is Grace that saves. When we allow grace to come into the heart, we then trust with saving faith. We must have a faith that does not waver, if we want salvation. Lord I believe, take away my wicked unbelief. We must believe with the whole heart not just part of it. If we do not trust Jesus with all that we have and all that we are, we don't have saving faith. We must love the Lord thy God with all of the heart, all of the soul, and all of thy strength.

"If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth." It is faith that connects us with heaven, and brings us strength for coping with the powers of darkness. In Christ, God has provided means for subduing every sinful trait, and resisting every temptation, however strong. But many feel that they lack faith, and therefore they remain away from Christ. Let these souls, in their helpless unworthiness, cast themselves upon the mercy of their compassionate Saviour. Look not to self, but to Christ. He who healed the sick and cast out demons when He walked among men is the same mighty Redeemer today. Faith comes by the word of God.

And how is it that saving faith comes by the Word of God? Because faith, trust in Jesus comes when we know Him. And the Word of God is a revelation of Christ. We cannot trust someone we do not know. We need to study the Word to know Jesus. This is why the Bible says faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the Word of God. And, Jesus says that if we want spiritual life, we must feed upon Him. He is the Manna which came down from heaven. He is the Bread of Life. Man does not live by bread alone, but by every Word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. Amen!!  It, the Word, points us to the true character of our God. By beholding His glory, character, we are transformed (converted) into His image, character, by the Spirit who reveals these spiritual truths when we study the Bible that we might know God and follow Him.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Beacon

« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2019, 01:33:22 PM »
A young man possessed by an evil spirit had been brought for healing to the 9 disciples who had not been invvited to go with Jesus, Peter, Jame and John up into the mountain and when they attempted to bring deliverance for the boy they failed. The reason for the failure is shown in the following paragraphs.

The words of Christ pointing to His death had brought sadness and doubt. And the selection of the three disciples to accompany Jesus to the mountain had excited the jealousy of the nine. Instead of strengthening their faith by prayer and meditation on the words of Christ, they had been dwelling on their discouragements and personal grievances. In this state of darkness they had undertaken the conflict with Satan. 

In order to succeed in such a conflict they must come to the work in a different spirit. Their faith must be strengthened by fervent prayer and fasting, and humiliation of heart. They must be emptied of self, and be filled with the Spirit and power of God. Earnest, persevering supplication to God in faith--faith that leads to entire dependence upon God, and unreserved consecration to His work--can alone avail to bring men the Holy Spirit's aid in the battle against principalities and powers, the rulers of the darkness of this world, and wicked spirits in high places.
[/b]

So, if we want to be used of God today, to be a blessing to others, we need to follow the guidelines provided by these great examples in the Bible. We must be willing to empty ourselves of self, coming to Jesus and acknowledging our great need and we will be filled Holy Spirit Power to be used as He sees fit. May God help us to become true laboring laborer's in His vineyard because " The Harvest Truly is Great" and time is short! 

Look up and listen for the shout.

Dorine

« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2019, 01:55:05 PM »
"Faith comes by the word of God. Then grasp His promise, "Him that cometh to Me I will in no wise cast out." John 6:37. Cast yourself at His feet with the cry, "Lord, I believe; help Thou mine unbelief." You can never perish while you do this --never."

Getting to know God is spending time with Him each day. Studying His word, Praying for the Holy Spirit to mold me into His image. Sharing the wonderful truths that God has revealed. This strengthens my faith. What ever it may be that is tempting us into unbelief then in humility we must come to Him; "Casting yourself at His feet with the cry, "Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief."

Thank you Pastor Sean and Richard for your thoughts on this subject. You express this truth much clearer than I am able to do. Speaking for myself, I have been uplifted, inspired, reproved, counselled, and encouraged by the fellowship of like believers here at TRO. Thank you for your kind spiritual influence.

But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Beacon

« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2019, 08:56:05 PM »
"The words of Christ pointing to His death had brought sadness and doubt, and the selection of the three disciples to accompany Jesus to the mountain had excited the jealousy of the nine. Instead of strengthening their faith by prayer and meditation on the words of Christ, they had been dwelling on their discouragements and personal grievances. In this state of darkness they had undertaken the conflict with Satan."[/u]

Remember Jesus said...."Without Me - Ye can do "NOTHING".  Have you ever found yourself trying to fight spiritual battles only to find yourself in DEFEAT? Read carefully the paragraph below.  It contains the answer and the key to Spiritual Victory.

"IN ORDER TO SUCCEED in such a conflict....They must come to the work in a different spirit. Their faith must be strengthened by fervent prayer and fasting, and humiliation of heart. They must be emptied of self, and be filled with the Spirit and power of God. Earnest, persevering supplication to God in faith--faith that leads to entire dependence upon God, and unreserved consecration to His work--can alone avail to bring men the Holy Spirit's aid in the battle against principalities and powers, the rulers of the darkness of this world, and wicked spirits in high places[/b]. "

Dorine

« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2019, 06:11:42 AM »
"In Christ, God has provided means for subduing every sinful trait, and resisting every temptation, however strong. But many feel that they lack faith, and therefore they remain away from Christ. Let these souls, in their helpless unworthiness, cast themselves upon the mercy of their compassionate Saviour. Look not to self, but to Christ. He who healed the sick and cast out demons when He walked among men is the same mighty Redeemer today. Faith comes by the word of God. Then grasp His promise, "Him that cometh to Me I will in no wise cast out." John 6:37. Cast yourself at His feet with the cry, "Lord, I believe; help Thou mine unbelief." You can never perish while you do this--never."

How I love this quote. It brings such calm and assurance to my heart. The enemy loves to cause doubt and fear in our relationship with Christ. But look at what Christ is waiting and wanting to do for each of us.Let's claim this beautiful promise so that our lives will radiate the love of Jesus to others and we will be living witnesses that His promises are true.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2019, 09:05:47 AM »
Amen, Beacon and Dorine!

When we follow Jesus, we will enjoy the wonderful times with Him "in the mountain," but in order to remain in constant union and communion with Him, and because His love constrains us, we will also gladly and willingly go "to the valley" to reach souls trapped in Satan's snares. Some speak of having "mountaintop experiences" with God, and it is great to have really focused times of connection with God, but as we see in the life of Jesus, this was simply preparing the disciples for the next step of ministry. God leads us step by step to grow in character--but without a constant surrender of the will to Christ so He keeps the heart and mind renewed by the divine nature, our efforts will be unavailing. We need Jesus constantly to do any good thing!

"The entire night had been passed in the mountain; and as the sun arose, Jesus and His disciples descended to the plain. Absorbed in thought, the disciples were awed and silent. Even Peter had not a word to say. Gladly would they have lingered in that holy place which had been touched with the light of heaven, and where the Son of God had manifested His glory; but there was work to be done for the people, who were already searching far and near for Jesus." {The Desire of Ages, page 426, paragraph 1}

The work Jesus has for us is suited to our strength and capacity, and He will prepare us for the next step of our lives if we look unto Him as the author and finisher of our faith!     
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Beacon

« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2019, 01:31:03 PM »
"In Christ, God has provided means for subduing every sinful trait, and resisting every temptation, however strong. But many feel that they lack faith, and therefore they remain away from Christ. Let these souls, in their helpless unworthiness, cast themselves upon the mercy of their compassionate Saviour. Look not to self, but to Christ. He who healed the sick and cast out demons when He walked among men is the same mighty Redeemer today. Faith comes by the word of God. Then grasp His promise, 'Him that cometh to Me I will in no wise cast out.' John 6:37. Cast yourself at His feet with the cry, 'Lord, I believe; help Thou mine unbelief.' You can never perish while you do this--never.""

We must not listen to Satan. From the book "Steps to Christ" we find these encouraging words....

Keep your wants, your joys, your sorrows, your cares, and your fears before God. You cannot burden Him; you cannot weary Him. He who numbers the hairs of your head is not indifferent to the wants of His children. “The Lord is very pitiful, and of tender mercy.” James 5:11. His heart of love is touched by our sorrows and even by our utterances of them. Take to Him everything that perplexes the mind. Nothing is too great for Him to bear, for He holds up worlds, He rules over all the affairs of the universe. Nothing that in any way concerns our peace is too small for Him to notice. There is no chapter in our experience too dark for Him to read; there is no perplexity too difficult for Him to unravel. No calamity can befall the least of His children, no anxiety harass the soul, no joy cheer, no sincere prayer escape the lips, of which our heavenly Father is unobservant, or in which He takes no immediate interest. “He healeth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds.” Psalm 147:3. The relations between God and each soul are as distinct and full as though there were not another soul upon the earth to share His watchcare, not another soul for whom He gave His beloved Son. {SC100.1}
[/size]

Dorine

« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2019, 06:00:30 AM »
"The words of Christ pointing to His death had brought sadness and doubt. And the selection of the three disciples to accompany Jesus to the mountain had excited the jealousy of the nine. Instead of strengthening their faith by prayer and meditation on the words of Christ, they had been dwelling on their discouragements and personal grievances. In this state of darkness they had undertaken the conflict with Satan.       In order to succeed in such a conflict they must come to the work in a different spirit. Their faith must be strengthened by fervent prayer and fasting, and humiliation of heart. They must be emptied of self, and be filled with the Spirit and power of God."

Much food for thought in these words. There is no room for self in the life of a professed Christian. Here is a vivid description of the results of harboring negative and evil thoughts. Jesus was constantly opening to the minds of individuals His divine power and His compassionate love and revealing to them that faith in Jesus brings healing and victory. If gloomy, doubtful thoughts crowd our minds we must come to Jesus in faith believing that He will do what He says He will do.

How do I find faith?

Faith comes by the word of God. Then grasp His promise, "Him that cometh to Me I will in no wise cast out." John 6:37. Cast yourself at His feet with the cry. "Lord, I believe: help Thou mine unbelief." You can never perish while you do this - never.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2019, 06:59:30 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon and Sister Dorine!!

Seeds--you just have to love them! They can be so small, but with all the things God provides, that mysterious germinating principle can be activated and that little seed can grow into a mighty tree, or whatever God designed it to be! And so it is with us! God designed us to be a seed--a seed that serve Christ and reflect His character. A good farmer knows that you harvest things when they are ripe. So Jesus is ripening His character in us--all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing--to the point that He sees His reflection in us as His seed. Then Jesus comes to harvest us with the holy angels and we will be able to spend eternity sharing this amazing story of what God has done for us, for we are part of the lesson book of the universe! Rejoice evermore!! This is incredible!!!

"'If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed,' said Jesus, 'ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove.' Though the grain of mustard seed is so small, it contains that same mysterious life principle which produces growth in the loftiest tree. When the mustard seed is cast into the ground, the tiny germ lays hold of every element that God has provided for its nutriment, and it speedily develops a sturdy growth. If you have faith like this, you will lay hold upon God's word, and upon all the helpful agencies He has appointed. Thus your faith will strengthen, and will bring to your aid the power of heaven. The obstacles that are piled by Satan across your path, though apparently as insurmountable as the eternal hills, shall disappear before the demand of faith. 'Nothing shall be impossible unto you.'" {The Desire of Ages, page 431, paragraph 3} 

I am "off the charts" elated at what Jesus has done, is doing, and will do for all of us who simply take Him at His word based on the evidence of His love towards us (grace)! Hallelujah!!!

Beacon

« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2019, 07:17:12 PM »
"Through Christ, God has provided means for subduing every sinful trait, and resisting every temptation, however strong. But many feel that they lack faith, and therefore they remain away from Christ. Let these souls, in their helpless unworthiness, cast themselves upon the mercy of their compassionate Saviour. Look not to self, but to Christ. He who healed the sick and cast out demons when He walked among men is the same mighty Redeemer today. Faith comes by the word of God. Then grasp His promise, 'Him that cometh to Me I will in no wise cast out.' John 6:37. Cast yourself at His feet with the cry, 'Lord, I believe; help Thou mine unbelief.' You can never perish while you do this--never."

My wife and I were discussing these thoughts today - recognizing our own needs and that we need to " come up higher " We have a strong desire and need to live a more consistent life which demonstrates the power of the gospel. There is an old adage that says..." I'd rather see a sermon than hear one any day." We humbly ask our Remnant On Line family to pray for us and we will pray for you, We want our witness to be consistent and encouraging so as to bring glory and honor to our precious Lord and Saviour - Jesus Christ. Thank You, and may God bless and keep each one of you as together we press towards the final moments of this worlds history.  

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #52 on: October 03, 2019, 07:02:32 AM »
Praise the Lord, Brother Beacon, for the power of prayer as we lift one another up! A consistent life in Christ is a great miracle! I will be praying for you and your wife, that God will bless you with that consistent witness!

As we learn of Christ and exercise faith, we have a new beginning each day to overcome all the pulls of the world, the flesh and the devil to unbelief.

"'If Thou canst do anything, have compassion on us, and help us.' How many a sin-burdened soul has echoed that prayer. And to all, the pitying Saviour's answer is, 'If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.' It is faith that connects us with heaven, and brings us strength for coping with the powers of darkness. In Christ, God has provided means for subduing every sinful trait, and resisting every temptation, however strong. But many feel that they lack faith, and therefore they remain away from Christ. Let these souls, in their helpless unworthiness, cast themselves upon the mercy of their compassionate Saviour. Look not to self, but to Christ. He who healed the sick and cast out demons when He walked among men is the same mighty Redeemer today. Faith comes by the word of God. Then grasp His promise, 'Him that cometh to Me I will in no wise cast out.' John 6:37. Cast yourself at His feet with the cry, 'Lord, I believe; help Thou mine unbelief.' You can never perish while you do this--never." {The Desire of Ages, page 429, paragraph 1}

Only as we acknowledge our continual need of Jesus to abide in us by living-faith surrender are we able to experience the walk God has intended for us--a walk of faith in which all of the fruits of the Spirit will be manifest in our lives without one missing.   

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #53 on: October 03, 2019, 09:06:41 AM »
Amen. Every day my prayer is that God will take away my "unbelief" and that He will take my heart for I cannot give it. And, my prayer is also that my Christian life will be more consistent. And, God hears our prayers. I am finding myself praying more during the day before I spend needless time trying to solve problems. And often God answers those prayers rather quickly!   :)

We are so very slow of comprehension as were the disciples. How easy it is to forget that we need God moment by moment in order to be consistent in our witness.

At the foot of the mountain a large company had gathered, led hither by the disciples who had remained behind, but who knew whither Jesus had resorted. As the Saviour drew near, He charged His three companions to keep silence concerning what they had witnessed, saying, "Tell the vision to no man, until the Son of man be risen again from the dead." The revelation made to the disciples was to be pondered in their own hearts, not to be published abroad. To relate it to the multitudes would excite only ridicule or idle wonder. And even the nine apostles would not understand the scene until after Christ had risen from the dead. How slow of comprehension even the three favored disciples were, is seen in the fact that notwithstanding all that Christ had said of what was before Him, they queried among themselves what the rising from the dead should mean. Yet they asked no explanation from Jesus. His words in regard to the future had filled them with sorrow; they sought no further revelation concerning that which they were fain to believe might never come to pass. 

The disciples would not believe that Jesus was going to die. Jesus understood this, but it did not change the fact that the disciples were filled with "unbelief."  The word fain is not feign. It is an archaic word that I had never really understood its meaning until I looked it up today.

Imagine that! After seeing God in the flesh glorified, after seeing Moses and Elijah, the three favored disciples happy to believe His death would never happen. Yet, God chose these three men to see Him glorified. What a God we serve! We loves us and chose us even though we are who we are!

Beacon

« Reply #54 on: December 27, 2019, 06:38:30 PM »
"Many feel that they lack faith, and therefore they remain away from Christ. Let these souls, in their helpless unworthiness, cast themselves upon the mercy of their compassionate Saviour. Look not to self, but to Christ. He who healed the sick and cast out demons when He walked among men is the same mighty Redeemer today. Faith comes by the word of God. Then grasp His promise, 'Him that cometh to Me I will in no wise cast out.' John 6:37. Cast yourself at His feet with the cry, 'Lord, I believe; help Thou mine unbelief.' You can never perish while you do this--never."

"It is faith that connects us with heaven, and brings us strength for coping with the powers of darkness. In Christ, God has provided means for subduing every sinful trait, and resisting every temptation, however strong. But many feel that they lack faith, and therefore they remain away from Christ. Let these souls, in their helpless unworthiness, cast themselves upon the mercy of their compassionate Saviour. Look not to self, but to Christ. He who healed the sick and cast out demons when He walked among men is the same mighty Redeemer today. Faith comes by the word of God."

The Apostle Paul wrote these words of encouragement....

Philippians 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ.

But we must recognize our great need and be willing to seek strength and guidance from the source of our power - Jesus Christ

Mathew 7, 8," Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
[color]

HAPPY SABBATH TO ALL MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS AROUND WORLD
[/font][/size][/color]

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #55 on: December 28, 2019, 03:57:46 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!!

Happy Sabbath to all!!

I am so thankful that God gives us the faith that makes all things possible—the faith of Jesus that works by love and leads us in affectionate obedience to God, as the soul is simultaneously filled with all of the fruits of the Spirit so not one is missing!!

“‘If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed,’ said Jesus, ‘ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove.’ Though the grain of mustard seed is so small, it contains that same mysterious life principle which produces growth in the loftiest tree. When the mustard seed is cast into the ground, the tiny germ lays hold of every element that God has provided for its nutriment, and it speedily develops a sturdy growth. If you have faith like this, you will lay hold upon God’s word, and upon all the helpful agencies He has appointed. Thus your faith will strengthen, and will bring to your aid the power of heaven. The obstacles that are piled by Satan across your path, though apparently as insurmountable as the eternal hills, shall disappear before the demand of faith. ‘Nothing shall be impossible unto you.’” {The Desire of Ages, page 431, paragraph 3}

Let us manifest this faith this Sabbath in all Jesus gives us!!

Dorine

« Reply #56 on: December 28, 2019, 06:46:16 AM »
"If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed," said Jesus, "ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove." Though the grain of mustard seed is so small, it contains that same mysterious life principle which produces growth in the loftiest tree. When the mustard seed is cast into the ground, the tiny germ lays hold of every element that God has provided for its nutriment, and it speedily develops a sturdy growth. If you have faith like this, you will lay hold upon God's word, and upon all the helpful agencies He has appointed. Thus your faith will strengthen, and will bring to your aid the power of heaven.

The illustrations of nature help us understand how God works in us spiritually. I love the simplicity of the gospel. Even a child will understand. I love to garden and I can relate to what is being said about the mustard seed. God has given each of us a measure of faith. If we do not exercise that faith we will become spiritually weak and ineffective for Him. If we do not trust him we will not believe Him. If we do not believe Him evil thoughts will grow and multiply making us tools of the devil instead of instruments of God's power and love. We must embrace God's word and all the means He provides for our help that through the power of heaven our faith will not be shaken but will continue to grow. Then we can know that; " The obstacles that are piled by Satan across your path, though apparently as insurmountable as the eternal hills, shall disappear before the demand of faith. "Nothing shall be impossible unto you." Praise God.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #57 on: March 24, 2020, 05:13:24 AM »
Jesus is always available. As people are asked to stay home for safety reasons, may we never forget that Jesus is always by our side, and as we invite Him into the heart by a complete surrender of our will, we may experience the blessing of being saved by grace through faith. The demoniac boy had a father who struggled to believe, but he cried out to Jesus for help and Jesus gave the father just the faith and strength needed by taking away his unbelief and giving Him true faith. Whatever your struggles today, yield fully to Christ and find in Him the power to overcome! Such victory in Jesus means that all of the fruits of the Spirit will be manifest in our lives, and not one will be missing!

"'If Thou canst do anything, have compassion on us, and help us.' How many a sin-burdened soul has echoed that prayer. And to all, the pitying Saviour's answer is, "If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth." It is faith that connects us with heaven, and brings us strength for coping with the powers of darkness. In Christ, God has provided means for subduing every sinful trait, and resisting every temptation, however strong. But many feel that they lack faith, and therefore they remain away from Christ. Let these souls, in their helpless unworthiness, cast themselves upon the mercy of their compassionate Saviour. Look not to self, but to Christ. He who healed the sick and cast out demons when He walked among men is the same mighty Redeemer today. Faith comes by the word of God. Then grasp His promise, 'Him that cometh to Me I will in no wise cast out.' John 6:37. Cast yourself at His feet with the cry, 'Lord, I believe; help Thou mine unbelief.' You can never perish while you do this--never." {The Desire of Ages, page 429, paragraph 1}

Christ simply needs our honest confession of our need of His help, because He will not overstep our will. You may not feel you have enough faith to be saved--but good news--Jesus offers you His faith, even "the faith of Jesus" (Revelation 14:12), and invites you to receive from Him just what you need. The weaker and more helpless you know yourself to be, the stronger you have the privilege of becoming by His strength made perfect in your weakness! So rejoice in trials because Jesus has a purpose that through the experience you may feel your need of and come to experience unbroken union and communion with Him!

Dorine

« Reply #58 on: March 24, 2020, 05:54:25 AM »
  "The words of Christ pointing to His death had brought sadness and doubt. And the selection of the three disciples to accompany Jesus to the mountain had excited the jealousy of the nine. Instead of strengthening their faith by prayer and meditation on the words of Christ, they had been dwelling on their discouragements and personal grievances. In this state of darkness they had undertaken the conflict with Satan."

If we focus on the negativity that surrounds us each day instead of giving our thoughts, prayers and time to spending with God we too will have the same results as these disciples. We are to seek God first and when we do He will do battle with Satan for our redemption. Walking with Jesus each day through the scriptures and D.A. we are strengthened in faith as we share with one another.

Beacon

« Reply #59 on: March 24, 2020, 08:27:55 AM »
"In Christ, God has provided means for subduing every sinful trait, and resisting every temptation, however strong. But many feel that they lack faith, and therefore they remain away from Christ. Let these souls, in their helpless unworthiness, cast themselves upon the mercy of their compassionate Saviour. Look not to self, but to Christ. He who healed the sick and cast out demons when He walked among men is the same mighty Redeemer today."

"Faith comes by the word of God. Then grasp His promise, 'Him that cometh to Me I will in no wise cast out.' John 6:37. Cast yourself at His feet with the cry, 'Lord, I believe; help Thou mine unbelief.' You can never perish while you do this--never."

We must not listen to Satan. From the book "Steps to Christ" we find these encouraging words....

"Keep your wants, your joys, your sorrows, your cares, and your fears before God. You cannot burden Him; you cannot weary Him. He who numbers the hairs of your head is not indifferent to the wants of His children. “The Lord is very pitiful, and of tender mercy.” James 5:11. His heart of love is touched by our sorrows and even by our utterances of them. Take to Him everything that perplexes the mind. Nothing is too great for Him to bear, for He holds up worlds, He rules over all the affairs of the universe. Nothing that in any way concerns our peace is too small for Him to notice. There is no chapter in our experience too dark for Him to read; there is no perplexity too difficult for Him to unravel. No calamity can befall the least of His children, no anxiety harass the soul, no joy cheer, no sincere prayer escape the lips, of which our heavenly Father is unobservant, or in which He takes no immediate interest. “He healeth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds.” Psalm 147:3. The relations between God and each soul are as distinct and full as though there were not another soul upon the earth to share His watchcare, not another soul for whom He gave His beloved Son." {SC100.1}