Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--42--Tradition  (Read 23271 times)

Philip T

Re: The Desire of Ages--42--Tradition
« Reply #100 on: August 23, 2021, 06:21:59 AM »
  The disciples noted the rage of the spies as their false teaching was exposed. They saw the angry looks, and heard the half-muttered words of dissatisfaction and revenge. Forgetting how often Christ had given evidence that He read the heart as an open book, they told Him of the effect of His words. Hoping that He might conciliate the enraged officials, they said to Jesus, "Knowest Thou that the Pharisees were offended, after they heard this saying?"
     He answered, "Every plant, which My heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up." The customs and traditions so highly valued by the rabbis were of this world, not from heaven. However great their authority with the people, they could not endure the testing of God. Every human invention that has been substituted for the commandments of God will be found worthless in that day when "God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil." Ecclesiastes 12:14.

We are not to compromise (mix) the word of God with tradition to make members in the church happy with tradition being swept away. God's word is the final authority. If tradition run contrary to God's word then it will only cause those who place it ahead of God's word destruction.

Dorine

« Reply #101 on: August 23, 2021, 06:58:12 AM »
"The substitution of the precepts of men for the commandments of God has not ceased. Even among Christians are found institutions and usages that have no better foundation than the traditions of the fathers. Such institutions, resting upon mere human authority, have supplanted those of divine appointment. Men cling to their traditions, and revere their customs, and cherish hatred against those who seek to show them their error. In this day, when we are bidden to call attention to the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus, we see the same enmity as was manifested in the days of Christ. Of the remnant people of God it is written, "The dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ." Revelation 12:17.

We have Sunday observance, infant baptism, perverted communion service, etc. that have found their way into the Christian church. We as Seventh-day Adventists may have rejected those institutions but Satan has not left us untouched. "God bids us accept the word of the eternal Father, the Lord of heaven and earth. Here alone is truth unmixed with error." And we are sadly but lovingly warned; "In vain they do worship Me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men."
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #102 on: August 23, 2021, 05:21:22 PM »
How does God feel about false doctrine? Did He ever express His feelings toward false teachers? If you were to follow His example, what would be the response in the church?

"Ye hypocrites," He said, addressing the wily spies, "well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying, This people draweth nigh unto Me with their mouth, and honoreth Me with their lips; but their heart is far from Me. But in vain they do worship Me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men." The words of Christ were an arraignment of the whole system of Pharisaism. He declared that by placing their requirements above the divine precepts the rabbis were setting themselves above God. 

And what will be the results if there is no repentance?

But "every plant, which My heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up." In place of the authority of the so-called fathers of the church, God bids us accept the word of the eternal Father, the Lord of heaven and earth. Here alone is truth unmixed with error. David said, "I have more understanding than all my teachers: for Thy testimonies are my meditation. I understand more than the ancients, because I keep Thy precepts." Psalm 119:99, 100. Let all who accept human authority, the customs of the church, or the traditions of the fathers, take heed to the warning conveyed in the words of Christ, "In vain they do worship Me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men."

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #103 on: November 18, 2021, 04:09:31 AM »
Let us keep the main thing the main thing. Where are we at with Jesus? Are we in a saving relationship with Him? Have I yielded the whole heart to Him for Him to purify so I may be a perfect overcomer and reveal all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing in the life? Am I affectionately obedient to all of God's commandments? As we behold Jesus and surrender completely to Him, He can do all of this in our characters as we enjoy constant union and communion with Him!

"Whenever the message of truth comes home to souls with special power, Satan stirs up his agents to start a dispute over some minor question. Thus he seeks to attract attention from the real issue. Whenever a good work is begun, there are cavilers ready to enter into dispute over forms or technicalities, to draw minds away from the living realities. When it appears that God is about to work in a special manner for His people, let them not be enticed into a controversy that will work only ruin of souls. The questions that most concern us are, Do I believe with saving faith on the Son of God? Is my life in harmony with the divine law? 'He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life.' 'And hereby we do know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments.' John 3:36; 1 John 2:3." {The Desire of Ages, page 396, paragraph 3} 

Let us not get into unnecessary controversy, but keep lifting up Jesus and planting the truth of His unchanging, unerring word!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Dorine

« Reply #104 on: November 18, 2021, 05:43:41 AM »
"The substitution of the precepts of men for the commandments of God has not ceased. Even among Christians are found institutions and usages that have no better foundation than the traditions of the fathers. Such institutions, resting upon mere human authority, have supplanted those of divine appointment. Men cling to their traditions, and revere their customs, and cherish hatred against those who seek to show them their error. In this day, when we are bidden to call attention to the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus, we see the same enmity as was manifested in the days of Christ. Of the remnant people of God it is written, "The dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ." Revelation 12:17.

We may think that this only refers to the fallen churches. Not so. Many traditions (man made rules)have evolved over the decades in our church.  I remember as a teenager my dad saying "we have drifted from the blueprint and are losing our way." If he were alive today I believe he would faint by what he would see and hear. Our chapter today reminds us of the importance of obedience to the commandments of God and to expect opposition to those that live by them.

I went back to the beginning of this thread and felt very sad to read the posts concerning the belief that God does not punish. We are surrounded today with the same theology. One thing I have noticed is that when someone believes this way they are not willing to go to the bible and SOP except to pick on statements out of context that seem to support their belief. They would rather take their chance on eternity than accept the fact they are wrong. God's mercy and justice is a mystery to our finite minds. God's love is shown through both.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Beacon

« Reply #105 on: November 18, 2021, 08:34:02 AM »
"Men cling to their traditions, and revere their customs, and cherish hatred against those who seek to show them their error. In this day, when we are bidden to call attention to the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus, we see the same enmity as was manifested in the days of Christ."

"Of the remnant people of God it is written, "The dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ." Revelation 12:17."

"But "every plant, which My heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up." In place of the authority of the so-called fathers of the church, God bids us accept the word of the eternal Father, the Lord of heaven and earth."

"Here alone is truth unmixed with error."

Brothers and Sisters in Christ, Let us cling to the Word which has been preserved for us at such great cost. 

I love the words of this song by Priscilla J. Owens

Give me the Bible, star of gladness gleaming,
To cheer the wand’rer lone and tempest tossed;
No storm can hide that radiance peaceful beaming,
Since Jesus came to seek and save the lost.
Refrain:
Give me the Bible, holy message shining;
Thy light shall guide me in the narrow way;
Precept and promise, law and love combining,
Till night shall vanish in eternal day.

Give me the Bible, when my heart is broken,
When sin and grief have filled my soul with fear;
Give me the precious words by Jesus spoken,
Hold up faith’s lamp to show my Savior near.

Give me the Bible, all my steps enlighten,
Teach me the danger of these realms below;
That lamp of safety o’er the gloom shall brighten,
That light alone the path of peace can show.

Give me the Bible, lamp of life immortal,
Hold up that splendor by the open grave;
Show me the light from Heaven’s shining portal,
Show me the glory gilding Jordan’s wave.

Look up and listen for the shout.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #106 on: November 18, 2021, 06:46:11 PM »
Amen. It is very clear as to the lesson given in today's reading. God is not pleased with those who speak things not true, pointedly regarding Bible truth. Yet, how many truly understand that we have a part to play. Many, so very many with good intentions, not only believe,  but teach that we are not to be involved in correcting serious error being taught by leaders in the church. "Let the tares grow with the wheat." "Don't condemn the false teacher." "Just share the truth." Of course there is much truth in these teachings. But, Christ is our example. So, learn the lesson in regards to our responsibility, for we have a responsibility to deal with false doctrines that ensnare so very many to the point when the Messiah comes, He is hung from a tree by those He came to save. How did John the Baptist and Peter not know the Son of God came to suffer and die, not to sit on an Earthly throne. So it is today. The Laodicean has been led astray and believe they are rich and increased with goods, not knowing they are wretched, miserable, poor and blind and naked. They were taught a false gospel. Listen to Jesus:

"Ye hypocrites," He said, addressing the wily spies, "well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying, This people draweth nigh unto Me with their mouth, and honoreth Me with their lips; but their heart is far from Me. But in vain they do worship Me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men." The words of Christ were an arraignment of the whole system of Pharisaism. He declared that by placing their requirements above the divine precepts the rabbis were setting themselves above God.
     The deputies from Jerusalem were filled with rage. They could not accuse Christ as a violator of the law given from Sinai, for He spoke as its defender against their traditions. The great precepts of the law, which He had presented, appeared in striking contrast to the petty rules that men had devised.
     To the multitude, and afterward more fully to His disciples, Jesus explained that defilement comes not from without, but from within. Purity and impurity pertain to the soul. It is the evil deed, the evil word, the evil thought, the transgression of the law of God, not the neglect of external, man-made ceremonies, that defiles a man.
     The disciples noted the rage of the spies as their false teaching was exposed. They saw the angry looks, and heard the half-muttered words of dissatisfaction and revenge. Forgetting how often Christ had given evidence that He read the heart as an open book, they told Him of the effect of His words. Hoping that He might conciliate the enraged officials, they said to Jesus, "Knowest Thou that the Pharisees were offended, after they heard this saying?"
     He answered, "Every plant, which My heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up." The customs and traditions so highly valued by the rabbis were of this world, not from heaven. However great their authority with the people, they could not endure the testing of God. Every human invention that has been substituted for the commandments of God will be found worthless in that day when "God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil." Ecclesiastes 12:14.

Jesus knew what He chose to say would cause the Pharisees to be greatly offended. Like many today, the disciples reproved Jesus for having caused their anger. They wanted Jesus to conciliate the false teachers who had supplanted the commandments of God. Take great care when tempted to do the same as the disciples did when the truth is presented in such a manner it exposes the false teachers. Just maybe the Spirit of God has inspired the reproof. I am not encouraging anyone to use the phrase "Ye hypocrites!"  Do you love the offender as did Jesus?
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Beacon

« Reply #107 on: February 12, 2022, 08:20:52 PM »
"Every human invention that has been substituted for the commandments of God will be found worthless in that day when "God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil." Ecclesiastes 12:14"

"Every plant, which My heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up." In place of the authority of the so-called fathers of the church, God bids us accept the Word of the Eternal Father, the Lord of heaven and earth."

"Men cling to their traditions, and revere their customs, and cherish hatred against those who seek to show them their error. In this day, when we are bidden to call attention to the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus, we see the same enmity as was manifested in the days of Christ."

My brothers & sisters in Jesus..Let us be faithful to our High Calling and be faithful to the WORD OF GOD.

Hebrews 13:5 says...
"Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee."

Dorine

« Reply #108 on: February 13, 2022, 04:49:31 AM »
"But "every plant, which My heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up." In place of the authority of the so-called fathers of the church, God bids us accept the word of the eternal Father, the Lord of heaven and earth. Here alone is truth unmixed with error. David said, "I have more understanding than all my teachers: for Thy testimonies are my meditation. I understand more than the ancients, because I keep Thy precepts." Psalm 119:99, 100. Let all who accept human authority, the customs of the church, or the traditions of the fathers, take heed to the warning conveyed in the words of Christ, "In vain they do worship Me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men."

God's love is so patient but not indulgent. If we are serious about our relationship with Jesus we will not be wasting our lives following man and influencing others to do the same instead of believing and obeying God's word. Today's reading makes it clear the outcome of disobedience.  I've been reading the book of Hosea. God hates the sin but in His love for the sinner we see His mercy and compassion continually working to save the wayward soul. I would not be where I am today if that were not true. We may fall many times but as long as we come back to Jesus confessing our sin and forsaking it He forgives us and makes us as if we had never sinned. If we have a love of the truth we will be free from the desire to catch hold of every new and different idea that comes our way. We will hold firm to the scriptures allowing the bible to interpret itself.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #109 on: February 13, 2022, 07:42:45 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon and Sister Dorine! I love the book of Hosea! So powerful!! God's love will do whatever it takes to reach us!!

Let's cut to the chase and deal with the REAL issues that are important to our souls!

"The questions that most concern us are, Do I believe with saving faith on the Son of God? Is my life in harmony with the divine law? 'He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life.' 'And hereby we do know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments.' John 3:36; 1 John 2:3." {The Desire of Ages, page 396, paragraph 3}

As we surrender FULLY to Christ and accept His grace to empower us to affectionately obey God's Ten Commandments (including the fourth, which enjoins the observance of the seventh day Sabbath), we are not only given all of the fruits of the Spirit, but we are kept from falling back into sin as long as we choose to abide in Him!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #110 on: February 13, 2022, 08:22:19 PM »
This chapter sticks in my mind year after year. We do not have to make things right in the world or in the church. God will do it.

But "every plant, which My heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up." In place of the authority of the so-called fathers of the church, God bids us accept the word of the eternal Father, the Lord of heaven and earth. Here alone is truth unmixed with error. David said, "I have more understanding than all my teachers: for Thy testimonies are my meditation. I understand more than the ancients, because I keep Thy precepts." Psalm 119:99, 100. Let all who accept human authority, the customs of the church, or the traditions of the fathers, take heed to the warning conveyed in the words of Christ, "In vain they do worship Me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men." 

But, He does give us examples that are far from what we have been taught.

So we see today and thousands upon thousands are led away from Jesus and the truth.

Beacon

« Reply #111 on: May 10, 2022, 08:11:00 PM »
"Let all who accept human authority, the customs of the church, or the traditions of the fathers, take heed to the warning conveyed in the words of Christ."

Matthew 15:8-10 King James Version...says,
8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men."

Jesus had made it very clear, has He not? Our faith and the practice of it, needs to be based on a solid " Thus Saith the Lord " This is why we are encouraged to spend at least One Hour of faithful Bible Study each day. We cannot do it on our own but with God ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE!

===========================

Standing on the promises of Christ my King,
Through eternal ages let His praises ring,
Glory in the highest, I will shout and sing,
  Standing on the promises of God.
    Standing, standing,
Standing on the promises of God my Savior;
Standing, standing,
  I’m standing on the promises of God.
Standing on the promises that cannot fail,
When the howling storms of doubt and fear assail,
By the living Word of God I shall prevail,
Standing on the promises I now can see
Perfect, present cleansing in the blood for me;
Standing in the liberty where Christ makes free,
Standing on the promises of Christ the Lord,
Bound to Him eternally by love’s strong cord,
Overcoming daily with the Spirit’s sword,
Standing on the promises I shall not fall,
List’ning every moment to the Spirit’s call.
Resting in my Savior as my All in all,

Lyrics & Music : Russell Kelso Carter (1849-1928)

Dorine

« Reply #112 on: May 11, 2022, 05:45:55 AM »
"Whenever the message of truth comes home to souls with special power, Satan stirs up his agents to start a dispute over some minor question. Thus he seeks to attract attention from the real issue. Whenever a good work is begun, there are cavilers ready to enter into dispute over forms or technicalities, to draw minds away from the living realities. When it appears that God is about to work in a special manner for His people, let them not be enticed into a controversy that will work only ruin of souls. The questions that most concern us are, Do I believe with saving faith on the Son of God? Is my life in harmony with the divine law? "He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life." "And hereby we do know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments." John 3:36; 1 John 2:3.

If our people would take this counsel from God seriously we would see such a difference in the unity of our families and His church. So many of our people have allowed Satan to pull them in all directions to suit their own preferences. Jesus has the answer for how we should live when surrounded by those who try to lead in a direction contrary to God's word. Our only safety is in spending time with Jesus everyday surrendering all of self to Him. What better way to keep our eyes focused on Jesus than in the daily reading of this precious book; Desire of Ages along with the gospels that tell of His life.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #113 on: May 11, 2022, 07:12:33 AM »
Amen Sister Dorine!   It is not "just believe."  We are to believe with all of the heart.  Each are given a measure of faith to believe, but we need "saving faith."

Amen Brother Beacon!  Jesus did not come to bring peace, but a sword that cuts both ways. We will face those who hate us because we believe and share the truth that they do not live. So it was with Jesus and so it will be with us.

The substitution of the precepts of men for the commandments of God has not ceased. Even among Christians are found institutions and usages that have no better foundation than the traditions of the fathers. Such institutions, resting upon mere human authority, have supplanted those of divine appointment. Men cling to their traditions, and revere their customs, and cherish hatred against those who seek to show them their error. In this day, when we are bidden to call attention to the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus, we see the same enmity as was manifested in the days of Christ. Of the remnant people of God it is written, "The dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ." Revelation 12:17.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #114 on: May 11, 2022, 09:55:16 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon, Sister Dorine, and Brother Richard!

What a blessing it is to keep our focus on the power of the true gospel message, and to remember that the saving faith questions we need to ask are at this time in earth's history when the three angels' messages of Revelation 14:6-12 show us the context of the times in which we are living and the great necessity of living in harmony with God so we are in readiness for Christ to come. Only a complete heart surrender and a yielding of all of self to Christ by having our thoughts, words and character transformed by union and communion with Christ will enable us to overcome as we partake of the divine nature and let all of the fruits of the Spirit be manifest through us without one missing as we gladly obey God's law of love!

"Whenever the message of truth comes home to souls with special power, Satan stirs up his agents to start a dispute over some minor question. Thus he seeks to attract attention from the real issue. Whenever a good work is begun, there are cavilers ready to enter into dispute over forms or technicalities, to draw minds away from the living realities. When it appears that God is about to work in a special manner for His people, let them not be enticed into a controversy that will work only ruin of souls. The questions that most concern us are, Do I believe with saving faith on the Son of God? Is my life in harmony with the divine law? 'He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life.' 'And hereby we do know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments.' John 3:36; 1 John 2:3." {The Desire of Ages, page 396, paragraph 3} 

True obedience is from the new heart given in true conversion, and Christ empowers us to do His will gladly and faithfully even if no one around us is choosing that path! Let us keep our eyes on Jesus and remember that He will never fail the weakest soul who trusts fully in Him!

Beacon

« Reply #115 on: August 05, 2022, 08:05:28 PM »
"When it appears that God is about to work in a special manner for His people, let them not be enticed into a controversy that will work only ruin of souls."

"The questions that most concern us are.."

"Do I believe with saving faith on the Son of God? "

"Is my life in harmony with the divine law?"

"He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life.' 'And hereby we do know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments.' John 3:36; 1 John 2:3."

If we truly believe in Jesus and His Word we will be filled with His Spirit and be able to give and to demonstrate the Straight Testimony Message in "OUR" daily lives. I pray that on this Sabbath Day we will all be found in the Throne Room of God seeking and praying for the outpouring of the Holy Spirit to guide and direct all of our comings and goings as we seek to Honor & Glorify Jesus, Our Savior and King.

==============================
To God be the glory, great things He hath done,
So loved He the world that He gave us His Son,
Who yielded His life our redemption to win,
And opened the life-gate that all may go in.
    Praise the Lord, praise the Lord,
  Let the earth hear His voice;
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord,
  Let the people rejoice;
Oh, come to the Father, through Jesus the Son,
  And give Him the glory; great things He hath done.
Oh, perfect redemption, the purchase of blood,
To every believer the promise of God;
The vilest offender who truly believes,
That moment from Jesus a pardon receives.
Great things He hath taught us, great things He hath done,
And great our rejoicing through Jesus the Son;
But purer, and higher, and greater will be
Our wonder, our transport when Jesus we see.

Lyrics:Fanny Jane Crosby (1820-1915)
Music:William Howard Doane (1832-1915)

Happy Sabbath to All God's Children Around the World and the Vast Universe Beyond.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #116 on: August 06, 2022, 04:04:34 AM »
Praise the Lord, Brother Beacon, that we can build on the eternal foundation of God's word!

Happy Sabbath!!

When Jesus was faced with traditions that were not based on God's word, He knew they would not endure. We are to build on Christ and His word, for His word is sure and establishes our character on what will last. When we have Christ the living word abiding in us in full surrender of the whole heart to Him, all of the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives without one missing as we gladly are empowered to obey Him from the heart renewed by His grace!

Let us turn our eyes on Jesus and build on Him as our foundation of character. To know God is to love Him, and abiding in Him we are made complete to do His will!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #117 on: August 06, 2022, 08:47:28 AM »
Amen by dear brothers!!  What is the most important concern that we are to address? "Do I believe with saving faith on the Son of God? "

"Is my life in harmony with the divine law?"
And what will God do with the lies brought into His church? "Every plant, which My heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up."

We shall not look unto man, but unto God. He has given us truth unmixed with error. Do we understand the issue involved in this reading today? God sends teachers, but they point all to Christ and His Word, not their own. When we study not the writings of man, but the Word what will be the results?

Beacon

« Reply #118 on: October 31, 2022, 08:05:58 PM »
"In place of the authority of the so-called fathers of the church, God bids us accept the word of the eternal Father, the Lord of heaven and earth."

"David said, "I have more understanding than all my teachers: for Thy testimonies are my meditation. I understand more than the ancients, because I keep Thy precepts." Psalm 119:99, 100. "

"Let all who accept human authority, the customs of the church, or the traditions of the fathers, take heed to the warning conveyed in the words of Christ."

"In vain they do worship Me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men." Matthew 515

====================
When we walk with the Lord
  In the light of His Word,
What a glory He sheds on our way;
  While we do His good will,
  He abides with us still,
And with all who will trust and obey.
    Trust and obey,
For there’s no other way
To be happy in Jesus,
  But to trust and obey.
Not a shadow can rise,
  Not a cloud in the skies,
But His smile quickly drives it away;
  Not a doubt or a fear,
  Not a sigh or a tear,
Can abide while we trust and obey.
Not a burden we bear,
  Not a sorrow we share,
But our toil He doth richly repay;
  Not a grief or a loss,
  Not a frown or a cross,
But is blest if we trust and obey.
But we never can prove
  The delights of His love,
Until all on the altar we lay;
  For the favor He shows,
  And the joy He bestows,
Are for them who will trust and obey.
Then in fellowship sweet
  We will sit at His feet,
Or we’ll walk by His side in the way;
  What He says we will do;
  Where He sends, we will go,
Never fear, only trust and obey.

Lyrics:John Henry Sammis (1846-1919)
Music:Daniel Brink Towner (1850-1919)

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #119 on: November 01, 2022, 05:43:59 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!!

When it comes to Satan's tactics, distraction and controversy are definitely used by the enemy a lot! How much emphasis, then, we should place on the important features of Bible faith so that the invitation to get embroiled in something unessential (from whatever source it apparently is coming from) will not pull us away from our mission of seeking the lost and pointing them to Jesus!

Praise the Lord that Jesus can be each of our personal Savior! He can lead us into all truth by the Holy Spirit, and when we have yielded the whole heart to Him, He makes evident His personal presence in the soul by manifesting all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing! Simultaneously, the converted soul is given the desire and capacity to obey God from the heart up to the light God has revealed from His holy commandments! Even now, Jesus intercedes as our High Priest in the heavenly sanctuary, for He is cleansing His people from committing sin, blotting out the record of their confessed sins, and empowering them to live victorious so when He returns as King, His people will be ready for heaven, for they have heaven in their hearts! Hallelujah!