Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--42--Tradition  (Read 13716 times)

Beacon

Re: The Desire of Ages--42--Tradition
« Reply #80 on: June 14, 2020, 10:09:08 AM »
"Every plant, which My heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up." The customs and traditions so highly valued by the rabbis were of this world, not from heaven. However great their authority with the people, they could not endure the testing of God. Every human invention that has been substituted for the commandments of God will be found worthless in that day when "God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil." Ecclesiastes 12:14.

Our only safe source of spiritual information and instruction should always be guided by the principle of "SOLA SCRIPTURA, Which mean we use the Bible and the Bible only as the basis of Divine instruction, then we will know, believe, and practice only what comes from the the True Source. Human interpretation and guidance should only be used as a secondary source and must be checked and verified with a " Thus Sayeth The Lord."

Psalm 119:105 says, "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path."
Look up and listen for the shout.

Dorine

« Reply #81 on: June 14, 2020, 03:13:02 PM »
Whenever the message of truth comes home to souls with special power, Satan stirs up his agents to start a dispute over some minor question. Thus he seeks to attract attention from the real issue. Whenever a good work is begun, there are cavilers ready to enter into dispute over forms or technicalities, to draw minds away from the living realities. When it appears that God is about to work in a special manner for His people, let them not be enticed into a controversy that will work only ruin of souls. The questions that most concern us are, Do I believe with saving faith on the Son of God? Is my life in harmony with the divine law? "He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life." "And hereby we do know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments." John 3:36; 1 John 2:3.

Oh how true are these words. Wonderful counsel to keep us from getting off track or being pulled into controversy over issues that have nothing to do with our salvation.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • A glorious sunset teaches of trust and faith.....
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #82 on: June 15, 2020, 07:46:03 AM »
Amen, amen, and amen!!  What powerful present truth.

But "every plant, which My heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up." In place of the authority of the so-called fathers of the church, God bids us accept the word of the eternal Father, the Lord of heaven and earth. Here alone is truth unmixed with error. David said, "I have more understanding than all my teachers: for Thy testimonies are my meditation. I understand more than the ancients, because I keep Thy precepts." Psalm 119:99, 100. Let all who accept human authority, the customs of the church, or the traditions of the fathers, take heed to the warning conveyed in the words of Christ, "In vain they do worship Me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men." 

If we as a people would follow this counsel, we would see Jesus coming quickly. God is not pleased with those who darken  His counsel by words without knowledge (Job 38:1-3).
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.