Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--32--The Centurion  (Read 16160 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Re: The Desire of Ages--32--The Centurion
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2019, 07:53:37 AM »

"When Jesus heard these things, He marveled at him, and turned Him about, and said unto the people that followed Him, I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.""

Dear friends, do you recognize your Great Need for the healing power of Jesus.[/u]"[/b]

HAPPY SABBATH :-) To all my brothers and sisters in Christ on Planet Earth and through out the vast univese of our God.

Amen Beacon!   Could it be that Jesus would say the same today about His church? I don't think so, but it is awfully close to the truth today also.

Have a blessed Sabbath my dear brother.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2019, 08:01:52 AM »
What was it about the Centurion that made such a difference between him and the Jews? It was the fact that he appreciated truth, and the Jews did not. Most of the Jews believed there was a God, but like the devils they were filled with unbelief. They had been entrusted with the sacred oracles of God, but did not appreciate the truth. They did not walk in the light of God's light and love.

The Jews had been instructed from childhood concerning the work of the Messiah. The inspired utterances of patriarchs and prophets and the symbolic teaching of the sacrificial service had been theirs. But they had disregarded the light; and now they saw in Jesus nothing to be desired. But the centurion, born in heathenism, educated in the idolatry of imperial Rome, trained as a soldier, seemingly cut off from spiritual life by his education and surroundings, and still further shut out by the bigotry of the Jews, and by the contempt of his own countrymen for the people of Israel,--this man perceived the truth to which the children of Abraham were blinded. He did not wait to see whether the Jews themselves would receive the One who claimed to be their Messiah. As the "light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world" (John 1:9) had shone upon him, he had, though afar off, discerned the glory of the Son of God. 

Could it be the same today? Yes, it is. In 1888 the light of God's glory shone upon God's church. But, many in leadership positions rejected that light which was the glory of God. That message of the loveliness of Jesus is still being rejected by much of church leadership and thus the church is being misled. There are faithful teachers who point all to Christ and His Word. And, the glory of God will be seen shining from within these faithful few. But, revival and reformation is coming, and the shaking has begun.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Beacon

« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2019, 03:05:38 PM »
"The Jews had been instructed from childhood concerning the work of the Messiah. The inspired utterances of patriarchs and prophets and the symbolic teaching of the sacrificial service had been theirs. But they had disregarded the light; and now they saw in Jesus nothing to be desired. But the centurion, born in heathenism, educated in the idolatry of imperial Rome, trained as a soldier, seemingly cut off from spiritual life by his education and surroundings, and still further shut out by the bigotry of the Jews, and by the contempt of his own countrymen for the people of Israel,--this man perceived the truth to which the children of Abraham were blinded. He did not wait to see whether the Jews themselves would receive the One who claimed to be their Messiah. As the "light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world" (John 1:9) had shone upon him, he had, though afar off, discerned the glory of the Son of God."

"To Jesus this was an earnest of the work which the gospel was to accomplish among the Gentiles. With joy He looked forward to the gathering of souls from all nations to His kingdom. With deep sadness He pictured to the Jews the result of their rejection of His grace: "I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven. But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth."

Alas, how many are still preparing for the same fatal disappointment! While souls in heathen darkness accept His grace, how many there are in Christian lands upon whom the light shines only to be disregarded.
"[/size][/b][/u]

Might this also be true amoung the "Professed " members of God's Remnant Church Today??  God's message to His Remnant church comes in from the heart of a loving Heavenly Father who yearns for His children to wake up before the closing bell rings and probation ends.

Revelation 3:16-18 says...."16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. 17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked: 18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see."

By God's grace let us not find ourselves being fooled by our adversary...Let us turn our Eyes Upon Jesus - Look full in His wonderful face - and the things of earth Will Grow Strangely Dim in the Light of His Glory & Grace.

Look up and listen for the shout.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2019, 06:45:52 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon! We need a true faith experience like the centurion had--a faith that simply trusts God because of His goodness, love and mercy and takes Him at His word!

"Jesus immediately set out for the officer's home; but, pressed by the multitude, He advanced slowly. The news of His coming preceded Him, and the centurion, in his self-distrust, sent Him the message, 'Lord, trouble not Thyself: for I am not worthy that Thou shouldest enter under my roof.' But the Saviour kept on His way, and the centurion, venturing at last to approach Him, completed the message, saying, 'Neither thought I myself worthy to come unto Thee;' 'but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed. For I am a man under authority, having soldiers under me: and I say to this man, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it.' As I represent the power of Rome, and my soldiers recognize my authority as supreme, so dost Thou represent the power of the Infinite God, and all created things obey Thy word. Thou canst command the disease to depart, and it shall obey Thee. Thou canst summon Thy heavenly messengers, and they shall impart healing virtue. Speak but the word, and my servant shall be healed." {The Desire of Ages, page 316, paragraph 2}

As we behold the loveliness of Jesus and trust His matchless grace, love awakens in our hearts, and we are enabled to exercise faith in what He says. Taking His word as it reads, let us grow in grace and follow in the appointed path He has for us today. As we walk by faith all of the fruits of the Spirit will be manifest in our lives without one missing as long as we surrender the whole heart to Him so He abides in us!! We can exercise large faith because we have the evidence that God loves to do more than we can ask or think!

"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Beacon

« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2019, 02:21:54 PM »
"The centurion said of himself, "I am not worthy." His heart had been touched by the grace of Christ. He saw his own unworthiness; yet he feared not to ask help. He trusted not to his own goodness; his argument was his great need. His faith took hold upon Christ in His true character. He did not believe in Him merely as a worker of miracles, but as the friend and Saviour of mankind."

What Amazing - Penetrating - Clearness of thought and action came from the Roman Centurion!! This man was despised by the Jews and yet he saw and proclaimed what they did not! I'm sure some in the crowd must have said to one another..." Did you just hear what I heard?" They must have been in shock and chagrin. But it must have made the heart of Jesus rejoice with great gladness, that by His message and example, there were " so called heathen " who reached out in faith to receive Him.  How about us today? What does our relationship with Jesus tell those with whom we associate in the world? 

"It is thus that every sinner may come to Christ. "Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us." Titus 3:5. When Satan tells you that you are a sinner, and cannot hope to receive blessing from God, tell him that Christ came into the world to save sinners. We have nothing to recommend us to God; but the plea that we may urge now and ever is our utterly helpless condition that makes His redeeming power a necessity. Renouncing all self-dependence, we may look to the cross of Calvary."

Dorine

« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2019, 04:15:29 AM »
The Jewish elders who recommended the centurion to Christ had shown how far they were from possessing the spirit of the gospel. They did not recognize that our great need is our only claim on God's mercy. In their self-righteousness they commended the centurion because of the favor he had shown to "our nation." But the centurion said of himself, "I am not worthy." His heart had been touched by the grace of Christ. He saw his own unworthiness; yet he feared not to ask help. He trusted not to his own goodness; his argument was his great need. His faith took hold upon Christ in His true character. He did not believe in Him merely as a worker of miracles, but as the friend and Saviour of mankind.   

It is thus that every sinner may come to Christ. "Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us." Titus 3:5. When Satan tells you that you are a sinner, and cannot hope to receive blessing from God, tell him that Christ came into the world to save sinners. We have nothing to recommend us to God; but the plea that we may urge now and ever is our utterly helpless condition that makes His redeeming power a necessity. Renouncing all self-dependence, we may look to the cross of Calvary and say,-- "In my hand no price I bring; Simply to Thy cross I cling."

What precious words. I need this assurance continually of God's mercy and grace towards me a sinner. By faith I grasp hold of what He offers not just to me but each living soul on this planet. Without Christ I am nothing but with Him abiding in my heart I am a new creature.  The centurion recognized that he was not worthy of any favours but he had a faith that many professed Christians do not possess.  He believed. The reaction of Jesus makes me smile. I can only imagine the joy that filled His heart to have this centurion come to Him with such faith.

Thank you Father for these words that remind us of who we are and who You are and that we can come to you just as we are and You will faithfully change our filthy rags into Your robe of righteousness.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2019, 08:52:08 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon and Sister Dorine!

What is it that commends us to God? Not what we have done, but our need of Him! He is merciful and gracious, and when we meet Jesus and yield fully to Him, we find healing and strength to overcome by His grace!

"It is thus that every sinner may come to Christ. "Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us." Titus 3:5. When Satan tells you that you are a sinner, and cannot hope to receive blessing from God, tell him that Christ came into the world to save sinners. We have nothing to recommend us to God; but the plea that we may urge now and ever is our utterly helpless condition that makes His redeeming power a necessity. Renouncing all self-dependence, we may look to the cross of Calvary and say,--

"In my hand no price I bring;
               Simply to Thy cross I cling."  {The Desire of Ages, page 317, paragraphs 1 and 2}

Beholding Christ motivates us to keep looking unto Him who died for us and makes a way for us to be transformed into His image! Love awakens love!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Beacon

« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2019, 04:21:23 PM »
"With joy Jesus looked forward to the gathering of souls from all nations to His kingdom. With deep sadness He pictured to the Jews the result of their rejection of His grace: "I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven. But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth." Alas, how many are still preparing for the same fatal disappointment! While souls in heathen darkness accept His grace, how many there are in Christian lands upon whom the light shines only to be disregarded."[/font]

Jesus is still pleading with us, His remnant people of today: To respond to His Life Saving Grace

Luke 13:34 "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, which killest the prophets, and stonest them that are sent unto thee; how often would I have gathered thy children together, as a hen doth gather her brood under her wings, and ye would not!"

How long will the door of Mercy, Long Suffering & Probation stay open before Christ ends His ministry in the Sanctuary above and then will come the final pronouncement.

"Revelation 22:11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

Are you willing to come and accept or perhaps re-commit to His Great Offer of Eternal Life??

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #48 on: December 13, 2019, 10:57:00 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!

When we truly understand the simplicity of the gospel, we learn of Christ and turn only to Him for His righteousness!

"The Jewish elders who recommended the centurion to Christ had shown how far they were from possessing the spirit of the gospel. They did not recognize that our great need is our only claim on God's mercy. In their self-righteousness they commended the centurion because of the favor he had shown to "our nation." But the centurion said of himself, 'I am not worthy.' His heart had been touched by the grace of Christ. He saw his own unworthiness; yet he feared not to ask help. He trusted not to his own goodness; his argument was his great need. His faith took hold upon Christ in His true character. He did not believe in Him merely as a worker of miracles, but as the friend and Saviour of mankind." {The Desire of Ages, page 316, paragraph 4}
     "It is thus that every sinner may come to Christ. 'Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us.' Titus 3:5. When Satan tells you that you are a sinner, and cannot hope to receive blessing from God, tell him that Christ came into the world to save sinners. We have nothing to recommend us to God; but the plea that we may urge now and ever is our utterly helpless condition that makes His redeeming power a necessity. Renouncing all self-dependence, we may look to the cross of Calvary and say,--" {The Desire of Ages, page 317, paragraph 1}

"In my hand no price I bring;
               Simply to Thy cross I cling."  {The Desire of Ages, page 317, paragraph 1}

Let us make Christ our only sufficiency today!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2019, 09:28:33 PM »
Amen Pastor Sean. I too was impressed with this: "He trusted not to his own goodness; his argument was his great need. His faith took hold upon Christ in His true character. He did not believe in Him merely as a worker of miracles, but as the friend and Saviour of mankind."

The Centurion was reared a heathen, but he understood the symbolism of the slain lamb. He knew Jesus was the Savior of mankind despite the teachings of an apostate religion. So it is today. There are faithful followers of Jesus in many churches where the gospel has been perverted, despite the bigotry and false teachings. Praise God!!

Are there some like the Centurion in God's church today, despite the false gospels and rebellion?

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2020, 05:00:37 AM »
What a blessing to have deliverance from the power of sin through Christ. No matter how much Satan tries to keep you from having the victory, if you will simply look upon Jesus in His infinite loveliness, believe His word of power, and surrender unreservedly to Him, you have the deliverance! Christ takes upon Himself the burden of your guilt and shame, imputes His righteousness to your life account, and more than this He comes to abide in your heart by His Holy Spirit, imbuing you with all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing! The joy of victory in self-sacrificing love is far sweeter than the dead-end temporary pleasure of selfishness and sin. Let us walk in the joy of victory today with Jesus!!

"Satan cannot hold the dead in his grasp when the Son of God bids them live. He cannot hold in spiritual death one soul who in faith receives Christ's word of power. God is saying to all who are dead in sin, 'Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead.' Ephesians 5:14. That word is eternal life. As the word of God which bade the first man live, still gives us life; as Christ's word, 'Young man, I say unto thee, Arise,' gave life to the youth of Nain, so that word, 'Arise from the dead,' is life to the soul that receives it. God 'hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of His dear Son.' Colossians 1:13. It is all offered us in His word. If we receive the word, we have the deliverance." {The Desire of Ages, page 320, paragraph 2}

What wondrous love is this! Jesus came to save us and bring eternal life to our souls! May we exude the blessing of being in an abiding relationship with Jesus today to all in our life path!! 

Dorine

« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2020, 06:47:35 AM »
What a blessing to have deliverance from the power of sin through Christ. No matter how much Satan tries to keep you from having the victory, if you will simply look upon Jesus in His infinite loveliness, believe His word of power, and surrender unreservedly to Him, you have the deliverance! Christ takes upon Himself the burden of your guilt and shame, imputes His righteousness to your life account, and more than this He comes to abide in your heart by His Holy Spirit, imbuing you with all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing! The joy of victory in self-sacrificing love is far sweeter than the dead-end temporary pleasure of selfishness and sin. Let us walk in the joy of victory today with Jesus!!

Thank you Pastor Sean for these words of encouragement that I needed to hear this morning. These are the same thoughts that came into my mind this morning as I talked to Him in prayer.

"It is thus that every sinner may come to Christ. "Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us." Titus 3:5. When Satan tells you that you are a sinner, and cannot hope to receive blessing from God, tell him that Christ came into the world to save sinners. We have nothing to recommend us to God; but the plea that we may urge now and ever is our utterly helpless condition that makes His redeeming power a necessity. Renouncing all self-dependence, we may look to the cross of Calvary and say,-- "In my hand no price I bring; Simply to Thy cross I cling."
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Beacon

« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2020, 07:25:35 AM »
"Every sinner may come to Christ. "Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us." Titus 3:5. When Satan tells you that you are a sinner, and cannot hope to receive blessing from God, tell him that Christ came into the world to save sinners. We have nothing to recommend us to God; but the plea that we may urge now and ever is our utterly helpless condition that makes His redeeming power a necessity. Renouncing all self-dependence, we may look to the cross of Calvary."

"The centurion said of himself, "I am not worthy." His heart had been touched by the grace of Christ. He saw his own unworthiness; yet he feared not to ask help. He trusted not to his own goodness; his argument was his great need. His faith took hold upon Christ in His true character. He did not believe in Him merely as a worker of miracles, but as the friend and Saviour of mankind."

Jesus says to all of us today. in...Revelation 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

And He invites us to come just as we are and receive His forgiveness and restoring power that leads to salvation like this song says....

Just as I am, without one plea,
But that Thy blood was shed for me,
And that Thou bid’st me come to Thee,
O Lamb of God, I come! I come!

Just as I am, and waiting not
To rid my soul of one dark blot;
To Thee whose blood can cleanse each spot,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come!

Just as I am, though tossed about
With many a conflict, many a doubt;
Fightings within, and fears without,

Just as I am, poor, wretched, blind;
Sight, riches, healing of the mind;
Yes, all I need, in Thee to find,

Just as I am, Thou wilt receive,
Wilt welcome, pardon, cleanse, relieve;
Because Thy promise I believe,
Just as I am, Thy love unknown
Has broken every barrier down;
Now, to be Thine, yea, Thine alone,
Won't you just pause now and tell Jesus that you want to surrender your life "completely" to HIm??

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2020, 08:31:41 AM »
Thank you for sharing the song, Brother Beacon. Whoever wrote it understood the gospel of grace, as did the centurion. Often we are pointed to Daniel's prayer as evidence that we cannot overcome sin. Even Daniel in his prayer revealed he was sinning by asking for forgiveness. Daniel points out in his prayer the sins of Israel and prays "we" have transgressed. But, these were not the sins of Daniel. Then why did he pray "we"? Because he understood this:

The Jewish elders who recommended the centurion to Christ had shown how far they were from possessing the spirit of the gospel. They did not recognize that our great need is our only claim on God's mercy. In their self-righteousness they commended the centurion because of the favor he had shown to "our nation." But the centurion said of himself, "I am not worthy." His heart had been touched by the grace of Christ. He saw his own unworthiness; yet he feared not to ask help. He trusted not to his own goodness; his argument was his great need. His faith took hold upon Christ in His true character. He did not believe in Him merely as a worker of miracles, but as the friend and Saviour of mankind.

Daniel had overcome sin because he knew he needed Jesus continually in order to keep his evil vile flesh under at all times. Do we understand we are evil by nature and that is not an excuse for sin since God has provided a remedy in His Son at an infinite cost?

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #54 on: June 04, 2020, 05:58:51 AM »
The word of God is so powerful that it can create a new reality in a life and a heart immediately! “The centurion answered and said, Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof: but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed” (Matthew 8:8).

“The Jewish elders who recommended the centurion to Christ had shown how far they were from possessing the spirit of the gospel. They did not recognize that our great need is our only claim on God’s mercy. In their self-righteousness they commended the centurion because of the favor he had shown to ‘our nation.’ But the centurion said of himself, ‘I am not worthy.’ His heart had been touched by the grace of Christ. He saw his own unworthiness; yet he feared not to ask help. He trusted not to his own goodness; his argument was his great need. His faith took hold upon Christ in His true character. He did not believe in Him merely as a worker of miracles, but as the friend and Saviour of mankind.” {The Desire of Ages, page 316, paragraph 4}

May we look to Christ in simple faith that works by love and invite Him to create in us a clean heart and a right spirit within us. As the Lord pardons us by His atoning blood and imparts to us of His Holy Spirit, all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing will be shed forth in the life renewed by divine grace! “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law” (Galatians 5:22-23). May this be your experience today!

Beacon

« Reply #55 on: June 04, 2020, 06:25:46 AM »
"In a clear, authoritative voice the words are spoken ( by Jesus ), 'Young man, I say unto thee, Arise.' That voice pierces the ears of the dead. The young man opens his eyes. Jesus takes him by the hand, and lifts him up. His gaze falls upon her who has been weeping beside him, and mother and son unite in a long, clinging, joyous embrace. The multitude look on in silence, as if spellbound. 'There came a fear on all.' Hushed and reverent they stood for a little time, as if in the very presence of God. Then they 'glorified God, saying, That a great prophet is risen up among us; and, That God hath visited His people.' The funeral train returned to Nain as a triumphal procession. 'And this rumor of Him went forth throughout all Judea, and throughout all the region round about.'"

This is but a foretaste of what will happen when Jesus comes the second time to take all of those who have lived by Him and for Him during their earthly journey will be raised to life eternal, a life without end and their will be no more sorrow, pain, or separation ever again.

1 Thessalonians 4:15-17 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

This promise is based on "His Power" but also on "Our willingness" to accept Him and live for Him as our Saviour today.

Dorine

« Reply #56 on: June 04, 2020, 06:33:29 AM »
I love the sweet presence of Jesus all through the day but especially in those private intimate moments alone with Him such as we do each morning. He woos, convicts, energizes, motivates, encourages, calms and brings peace and joy to the soul. These are things that we can not manufacture ourselves. He brings life to what was once just history stories of ages gone by. We can see ourselves in the lives of people and recognize the same weaknesses and shortcomings and how they were victorious we can be too. Today's reading is an example of how vital it is to believe with the whole heart recognizing that we are not worthy of any favors. But praise God that is our only claim on the mercy of God.

It is thus that every sinner may come to Christ. "Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us." Titus 3-5.

Dorine

« Reply #57 on: August 30, 2020, 05:33:40 AM »
"Satan cannot hold the dead in his grasp when the Son of God bids them live. He cannot hold in spiritual death one soul who in faith receives Christ's word of power. God is saying to all who are dead in sin, "Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead." Ephesians 5:14. That word is eternal life. As the word of God which bade the first man live, still gives us life; as Christ's word, "Young man, I say unto thee, Arise," gave life to the youth of Nain, so that word, "Arise from the dead," is life to the soul that receives it. God "hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of His dear Son." Colossians 1:13. It is all offered us in His word. If we receive the word, we have the deliverance."

I don't want to live one moment separated from God. The more I read of His love for each one and His readiness to cleanse every soul that comes to Him in faith and surrender the more I want to live for Him. He pulls on the heart strings as we allow our hearts to be touched with His grace. If you are struggling with unbelief in what the Lord can and will do for you, claim these words of promise..."It is all offered us in His word. If we receive the word, we have the deliverance."

Beacon

« Reply #58 on: August 30, 2020, 06:48:10 AM »
"With joy Jesus looked forward to the gathering of souls from all nations to His kingdom. With deep sadness He pictured to the Jews the result of their rejection of His grace: "I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven. But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth." Alas, how many are still preparing for the same fatal disappointment! While souls in heathen darkness accept His grace, how many there are in Christian lands upon whom the light shines only to be disregarded."

The Good News is----Jesus is still pleading with us, His remnant people of today: There is still time to respond to His Life Saving Grace!

Luke 13:34 says "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, which killest the prophets, and stonest them that are sent unto thee; how often would I have gathered thy children together, as a hen doth gather her brood under her wings, and ye would not!"

How long will the door of Mercy, Long Suffering & Probation stay open before Christ ends His ministry in the Sanctuary above and then will come the final pronouncement....

"Revelation 22:11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

Life on this planet holds many challenges and we never know when our life will end. So the questions is --Are you, am I, willing to come and accept the wonderful offer or perhaps re-commit to His Great Offer of Forgiveness & Eternal Life??

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #59 on: August 30, 2020, 09:08:22 AM »
Amen, Sister Dorine and Brother Beacon!

Speak but the word, and my servant shall be healed. 

God did speak the Word--Jesus--and by Him we are healed as we to Him our hearts fully yield. Then all of the fruits of the Spirit will flow in our lives without one missing!