Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--29--The Sabbath  (Read 11492 times)

Dorine

Re: The Desire of Ages--29--The Sabbath
« Reply #80 on: January 31, 2022, 05:29:47 AM »
"Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of My righteousness." "Look unto Me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else." This is the message written in nature, which the Sabbath is appointed to keep in memory. When the Lord bade Israel hallow His Sabbaths, He said, "They shall be a sign between Me and you, that ye may know that I am Jehovah your God." Isaiah 40:18-29; 41:10; 45:22; Ezekiel 20:20, R. V.

Something wonderful happens as the Sabbath day approaches. No other day brings the kind of joy, peace and happiness that the Sabbath does. It is full of anticipation of the blessings that come with spending time with God and fellowship with others. We lay aside the demands of the week and focus our time and service on the study and worship of God, fellowship with brothers and sisters in the faith and providing encouragement and help where needed. It truly brings us closer to Christ and closer to each other in unity and love.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #81 on: January 31, 2022, 07:10:55 PM »
Amen!  What a blessing to be with those who share our faith.   A time to worship our Savior and our heavenly Father. And, a time to consider His love and creative power.

The Sabbath was not for Israel merely, but for the world. It had been made known to man in Eden, and, like the other precepts of the Decalogue, it is of imperishable obligation. Of that law of which the fourth commandment forms a part, Christ declares, "Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in nowise pass from the law." So long as the heavens and the earth endure, the Sabbath will continue as a sign of the Creator's power. And when Eden shall bloom on earth again, God's holy rest day will be honored by all beneath the sun. "From one Sabbath to another" the inhabitants of the glorified new earth shall go up "to worship before Me, saith the Lord." Matthew 5:18; Isaiah 66:23.

No other institution which was committed to the Jews tended so fully to distinguish them from surrounding nations as did the Sabbath. God designed that its observance should designate them as His worshipers. It was to be a token of their separation from idolatry, and their connection with the true God. But in order to keep the Sabbath holy, men must themselves be holy. Through faith they must become partakers of the righteousness of Christ. When the command was given to Israel, "Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy," the Lord said also to them, "Ye shall be holy men unto Me." Exodus 20:8;  22:31. Only thus could the Sabbath distinguish Israel as the worshipers of God.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Beacon

« Reply #82 on: April 27, 2022, 08:40:09 PM »
"To all who receive the Sabbath as a sign of Christ's creative and redeeming power, it will be a delight."

"Seeing Christ in it, they delight themselves in Him. "

"The Sabbath points them to the works of creation as an evidence of His mighty power in redemption."

"While it calls to mind the lost peace of Eden, it tells of peace restored through the Saviour. "

"And every object in nature repeats His invitation."

"Come unto Me, all ye that labor and are heavy-laden, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28."

"As a sign of His sanctifying power, the Sabbath is given to all who through Christ become a part of the Israel of God."

"To all who receive the Sabbath as a sign of Christ's creative and redeeming power, it will be a delight "

"The Sabbath points us to the works of creation as an evidence of His mighty power in redemption."

So it is with Thanksgiving & Praise that we that we should come with Joyful Hearts each Sabbath as it says in Exodus 20:

8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:

10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

11 For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it."

Which day of the week is the 7th day....Saturday - Not Sunday, the 1st day of the week.

Which day of the week will you choose to Worship on?? Saturday - God's designated day! Or Sunday - A day inspired by Satan to steal the Honor & Glory that belongs to God?

Look up and listen for the shout.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #83 on: April 28, 2022, 04:34:32 AM »
Jesus is offering us His rest--in relational intimacy with Him in the way He rested! He rested on the seventh day after the glorious six days of creation, and He invites us to rest in His love and abide in Him, the Lord of the Sabbath, by ceasing our own work for a livelihood and devoting the time on Sabbath from Friday at sunset to Saturday at sunset to healthful rest, holy convocation at church for worship, holy deeds, communion and fellowship with Him and others in nature, and godly conversation! There are so many ways to enjoy the Sabbath in His will!

"And the Lord says, 'If thou turn away thy foot from the Sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on My holy day; and call the Sabbath a delight, the holy of the Lord, honorable; . . . then shalt thou delight thyself in the Lord.' Isaiah 58:13, 14. To all who receive the Sabbath as a sign of Christ's creative and redeeming power, it will be a delight. Seeing Christ in it, they delight themselves in Him. The Sabbath points them to the works of creation as an evidence of His mighty power in redemption. While it calls to mind the lost peace of Eden, it tells of peace restored through the Saviour. And every object in nature repeats His invitation, 'Come unto Me, all ye that labor and are heavy-laden, and I will give you rest.' Matthew 11:28." {The Desire of Ages, page 289, paragraph 1}

May we enter into Christ's rest even now in fully surrendering our hearts to Him as He prepares us for another Sabbath closer to the final day of His return! When we have Christ abiding in our hearts in true, relational rest, all of the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives without one missing as we are empowered to obey God from hearts renewed by His grace, keeping the Ten Commandments out of love because of all that Jesus has done for us!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #84 on: April 28, 2022, 07:54:03 AM »
When we have Christ abiding in our hearts in true, relational rest, all of the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives without one missing as we are empowered to obey God from hearts renewed by His grace, keeping the Ten Commandments out of love because of all that Jesus has done for us!

Amen Pastor Sean! As impossible as it seems, God's grace can transform all into His image (character). The Sabbath reminds us of His creating and re-creating power!

"The Sabbath points them to the works of creation as an evidence of His mighty power in redemption."

Amen Brother Beacon!  The Sabbath was a blessing for Adam before he fell, but how much more important to us!  We need to know and be encouraged that God can transform sinners into saints. We can overcome our evil nature! It was easy for God to create Adam, but not so with re-creating sinners. While we see His creative power and are encouraged,  we need to heed His invitation to come unto Him that He can re-create us. We are told that it would be well for us to spend a thoughtful hour a day contemplating the life of Jesus that by beholding His grace we will be transformed into His image (character). In order to be re-created, we must eat His flesh and drink His blood.

Because He had rested upon the Sabbath, "God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it,"--set it apart to a holy use. He gave it to Adam as a day of rest. It was a memorial of the work of creation, and thus a sign of God's power and His love. The Scripture says, "He hath made His wonderful works to be remembered." "The things that are made," declare "the invisible things of Him since the creation of the world," "even His everlasting power and divinity." Genesis 2:3; Psalm 111:4; Romans 1:20, R. V.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Beacon

« Reply #85 on: July 23, 2022, 08:41:49 PM »
"To all who receive the Sabbath as a sign of Christ's creative and redeeming power, it will be a delight."

"Seeing Christ in it, they delight themselves in Him."

"The Sabbath points them to the works of creation as an evidence of His mighty power in redemption.

"While it calls to mind the lost peace of Eden, it tells of peace restored through the Saviour."

"And every object in nature repeats His invitation..."

"Come unto Me, all ye that labor and are heavy-laden, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28."

"God designed that its observance should designate them as His worshipers."

"in order to keep the Sabbath holy, men must themselves be holy."

"Through faith they must become partakers of the righteousness of Christ."

"Only thus could the Sabbath distinguish Israel as the worshipers of God."

"When the command was given to Israel, "Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy," the Lord said also to them, "Ye shall be holy men unto Me." Exodus 20:8;  22:31.

Today Jesus is still looking for Men,Women, and Youth who will be "Holy unto Him"  Are You "Willing?"

========================

All to Jesus I surrender,
All to Him I freely give;
I will ever love and trust Him,
In His presence daily live.
    I surrender all,
  I surrender all.
All to Thee, my blessed Savior,
    I surrender all.
Humbly at His feet I bow,
Worldly pleasures all forsaken;
Take me, Jesus, take me now.
Make me, Savior, wholly Thine;
Let me feel Thy Holy Spirit,
Truly know that Thou art mine.
Lord, I give myself to Thee;
Fill me with Thy love and power,
Let Thy blessing fall on me.
Now I feel the sacred flame.
Oh, the joy of full salvation!
Glory, glory to His name!

Lyrics:Judson W. Van de Venter (1855-1939)
Music:Winfield Scott Weeden (1847-1908)

Look up and listen for the shout.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #86 on: July 24, 2022, 05:01:43 AM »
Praise the Lord, Brother Beacon!!

Praise the Lord for God's plan to redeem us from sin! He gave us the Sabbath to continually bring our minds to this great purpose, and to deepen our relationship with Christ! Let us appreciate all that God has for us and walk even as Jesus walked--by the word through the Holy Spirit's grace and power! In such an experience, all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing will be in our lives as we are empowered to affectionately obey God's Ten Commandment law of love! Hallelujah!

"Christ would teach His disciples and His enemies that the service of God is first of all. The object of God's work in this world is the redemption of man; therefore that which is necessary to be done on the Sabbath in the accomplishment of this work is in accord with the Sabbath law. Jesus then crowned His argument by declaring Himself the 'Lord of the Sabbath,'--One above all question and above all law. This infinite Judge acquits the disciples of blame, appealing to the very statutes they are accused of violating." {The Desire of Ages, page 285, paragraph 3} 

Christ never broke the Sabbath of the seventh day of the week, for He created it for our benefit! He gave us a perfect example of following the word of God in the face of all the conflicting traditions that would only confuse the mind and life. He is the One we are to follow by His grace through His faith at work in our hearts by His infinite love!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #87 on: July 24, 2022, 08:40:49 PM »
Amen Pastor Sean! Jesus never broke the Sabbath, even in death, He rested on the Sabbath!

Brother Beacon shares a most powerful truth that reveals many who think they keep the Sabbath a holy day, but do not. Where are they wrong? They cannot keep the holy Sabbath Day unless they are holy. Most have been taught that they cannot be holy and that their righteousness is filthy rags. How very sad. Until God has a people who do otherwise and keep His commandments, Jesus will not come.

No other institution which was committed to the Jews tended so fully to distinguish them from surrounding nations as did the Sabbath. God designed that its observance should designate them as His worshipers. It was to be a token of their separation from idolatry, and their connection with the true God. But in order to keep the Sabbath holy, men must themselves be holy. Through faith they must become partakers of the righteousness of Christ. When the command was given to Israel, "Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy," the Lord said also to them, "Ye shall be holy men unto Me." Exodus 20:8;  22:31. Only thus could the Sabbath distinguish Israel as the worshipers of God.