Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--29--The Sabbath  (Read 14716 times)

Dorine

Re: The Desire of Ages--29--The Sabbath
« Reply #60 on: November 22, 2020, 05:23:22 AM »
"And the Lord says, "If thou turn away thy foot from the Sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on My holy day; and call the Sabbath a delight, the holy of the Lord, honorable; . . . then shalt thou delight thyself in the Lord." Isaiah 58:13, 14. To all who receive the Sabbath as a sign of Christ's creative and redeeming power, it will be a delight. Seeing Christ in it, they delight themselves in Him. The Sabbath points them to the works of creation as an evidence of His mighty power in redemption. While it calls to mind the lost peace of Eden, it tells of peace restored through the Saviour. And every object in nature repeats His invitation, "Come unto Me, all ye that labor and are heavy-laden, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28.

Amen! What a blessing the Sabbath is. We are privileged to live in the country. We enjoy nature every day but there's something very special about nature on the Sabbath day. Probably because the mind is not focused on the work that needs to be done but on the One who gives you the strength to carry out the accomplishments of everyday tasks. To pray and ponder and listen in communion with Jesus brings courage and comfort to the heart. It truly has not only a rejuvenating effect spiritually but physically as well. As we praise Him with grateful hearts we come into His presence in a special way on the Sabbath and we are reminded of why the Sabbath was made for us and God's power to restore all who come to Him.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Beacon

« Reply #61 on: November 22, 2020, 09:27:44 AM »
The Sabbath points them to the works of creation as an evidence of His mighty power in redemption. While it calls to mind the lost peace of Eden, it tells of peace restored through the Saviour. And every object in nature repeats His invitation,..

"Come unto Me, all ye that labor and are heavy-laden, and I will give you rest.' Matthew 11:28."

"Wherefore the Son of man is Lord also of the Sabbath." These words are full of instruction and comfort. Because the Sabbath was made for man, it is the Lord's day. It belongs to Christ..

For "all things were made by Him; and without Him was not anything made that was made." John 1:3..

Since He made all things, He made the Sabbath. By Him it was set apart as a memorial of the work of creation. It points to Him as both the Creator and the Sanctifier."

"The Sabbath declares that He who created all things in heaven and in earth, and by whom all things hold together, is the "Head of the Church" By His power we are reconciled to God.

Let us determine in our hearts and minds to give Jesus the Honor and Glory that belongs to Him in our daily lives and in the true celebration of His Holy Sabbath Day on Saturday the Seventh-Day of the week.
Look up and listen for the shout.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #62 on: November 22, 2020, 11:03:54 AM »
Amen, Sister Dorine and Brother Beacon!

Each time the seventh day of the week comes at sunset on Friday, let us rejoice in those sacred 24 hours until the sunset on Saturday and find increased joy in experiencing true rest in Christ by receiving His righteousness by faith!

"'The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath,' Jesus said. The institutions that God has established are for the benefit of mankind. 'All things are for your sakes.' 'Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are yours; and ye are Christ's; and Christ is God's.' 2 Corinthians 4:15; 1 Corinthians 3:22, 23. The law of Ten Commandments, of which the Sabbath forms a part, God gave to His people as a blessing. 'The Lord commanded us,' said Moses, 'to do all these statutes, to fear the Lord our God, for our good always, that He might preserve us alive.' Deuteronomy 6:24. And through the psalmist the message was given to Israel, 'Serve the Lord with gladness: come before His presence with singing. Know ye that the Lord He is God: it is He that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are His people, and the sheep of His pasture. Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, and into His courts with praise.' Psalm 100:2-4. And of all who keep 'the Sabbath from polluting it,' the Lord declares, 'Even them will I bring to My holy mountain, and make them joyful in My house of prayer.' Isaiah 56:6, 7." {The Desire of Ages, page 288, paragraph 1}

Let us look to Christ continually who gives every good and perfect gift--including salvation as exemplified in the gift of the Sabbath, for we enter into the rest of Christ and cease from the works of sin (the flesh) by being truly converted in heart so that all of the fruits of the Holy Spirit are manifest in us, for we get to live by the Spirit!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #63 on: November 22, 2020, 07:44:32 PM »
Amen Pastor Sean, the Sabbath was indeed made for man (us)!  If it were not for the Sabbath, I would have probably worked into an early grave!  In today's reading we find help in sharing the Sabbath with others, especially those who think the Sabbath was given first to the Jews at Sinai. The Bible says otherwise. It was a law before Sinai. Israel kept the law in Egypt and paid a price for doing so.

The Sabbath was embodied in the law given from Sinai; but it was not then first made known as a day of rest. The people of Israel had a knowledge of it before they came to Sinai. On the way thither the Sabbath was kept. When some profaned it, the Lord reproved them, saying, "How long refuse ye to keep My commandments and My laws?" Exodus 16:28.
     The Sabbath was not for Israel merely, but for the world. It had been made known to man in Eden, and, like the other precepts of the Decalogue, it is of imperishable obligation. Of that law of which the fourth commandment forms a part, Christ declares, "Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in nowise pass from the law." So long as the heavens and the earth endure, the Sabbath will continue as a sign of the Creator's power. And when Eden shall bloom on earth again, God's holy rest day will be honored by all beneath the sun. "From one Sabbath to another" the inhabitants of the glorified new earth shall go up "to worship before Me, saith the Lord." Matthew 5:18; Isaiah 66:23. 
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Beacon

« Reply #64 on: February 17, 2021, 06:24:22 AM »
"All things were created by the Son of God. "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God. . . . All things were made by Him; and without Him was not anything made that was made." John 1:1-3. And since the Sabbath is a memorial of the work of creation, it is a token of the love and power of Christ..

The Sabbath calls our thoughts to nature, and brings us into communion with the Creator.

In the song of the bird, the sighing of the trees, and the music of the sea, we still may hear His voice who talked with Adam in Eden in the cool of the day. And as we behold His power in nature we find comfort, for the word that created all things is that which speaks life to the soul".

"He who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ." 2 Corinthians 4:6.

Some folks say that it doesn't matter which day is the Sabbath. But God has said...It is the 7th day of the week which we all know to be Saturday because Jesus died on Friday ( We call it Good Friday because our salvation was guaranteed by by His death ) (Then Jesus rested on the Sabbath the 7th day in the tomb according to His own commandment.) ( On the 1st day of the week ( Sunday ) He came forth from the tomb )

Right now there is a strong move being made by some to change the calendar so that Monday will be the 1st day of the week and that would make the 7th day to come on Sunday.  Don't be fooled by this !! There is not one verse in the Bible that indicates that Jesus because He came forth on the 1st Day of the week changed the Day of Rest from Saturday to Sunday. It is a plan of the master deceiver - the arch enemy of Jesus, Lucifer, who wants to take away the True Worship that belongs only to Jesus. Let us stand together firmly grounded on the Word of God.

Philip T

« Reply #65 on: February 17, 2021, 07:35:10 AM »
"Wherefore the Son of man is Lord also of the Sabbath." These words are full of instruction and comfort. Because the Sabbath was made for man, it is the Lord's day. It belongs to Christ. For "all things were made by Him; and without Him was not anything made that was made." John 1:3. Since He made all things, He made the Sabbath. By Him it was set apart as a memorial of the work of creation. It points to Him as both the Creator and the Sanctifier. It declares that He who created all things in heaven and in earth, and by whom all things hold together, is the head of the church, and that by His power we are reconciled to God. For, speaking of Israel, He said, "I gave them My Sabbaths, to be a sign between Me and them, that they might know that I am the Lord that sanctify them,"--make them holy. Ezekiel 20:12. Then the Sabbath is a sign of Christ's power to make us holy. And it is given to all whom Christ makes holy. As a sign of His sanctifying power, the Sabbath is given to all who through Christ become a part of the Israel of God.

Amen Brother Bacon.

The sabbath was created by God, it is a day to contemplate his creation, his love for us, his plan of redemption for us, it is to be a joyful and happy day, not one of just sitting at home and dozing or napping. It is to be a day of communing with God in nature, reading his word, sharing with those around us his marvelous love His creation, His life and death on the cross that we may have forgiveness for our sins.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #66 on: February 17, 2021, 07:48:49 AM »
Amen Brother Philip!  We need to be continually reminded that it is God's purpose to re-create us in His image. And, that He is the Creator and that He is omnipotent.

"....for the word that created all things is that which speaks life to the soul".

And, as Brother Beacon has pointed out, we see in God His love for us in what He created for us

What does God mean when He says ""I will make a man more precious than fine gold; even a man than the golden wedge of Ophir." Isaiah 13:12. 

Does He wave a wand to change man? And, how is this new man seen by the world?
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #67 on: February 17, 2021, 09:08:37 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon, Brother Philip, and Brother Richard!

What a wonderful Savior we have in Jesus who gave us the Sabbath of the seventh day of the week to rest from our own works and abide in Him! When we surrender the whole heart to Christ He will cleanse and purify us, making us one with Him in mind and character, so that all of the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives without one missing! Then we will gladly obey the law of God from an intelligent appreciation of His true character! His grace renews the life and such who become like fine gold in character are seen as witnesses of the character of Christ!

"And the Lord says, 'If thou turn away thy foot from the Sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on My holy day; and call the Sabbath a delight, the holy of the Lord, honorable; . . . then shalt thou delight thyself in the Lord.' Isaiah 58:13, 14. To all who receive the Sabbath as a sign of Christ's creative and redeeming power, it will be a delight. Seeing Christ in it, they delight themselves in Him. The Sabbath points them to the works of creation as an evidence of His mighty power in redemption. While it calls to mind the lost peace of Eden, it tells of peace restored through the Saviour. And every object in nature repeats His invitation, 'Come unto Me, all ye that labor and are heavy-laden, and I will give you rest.; Matthew 11:28." {The Desire of Ages, page 289, paragraph 1}

True rest can only be found in Christ! Jesus longs to make us like Him and He gives us an entire day to lay aside our secular work and to focus on His word, His providences, and the blessing of getting to be a blessing to others!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #68 on: May 15, 2021, 03:51:03 AM »
Happy Sabbath!!

The rest Christ offers us is relational. It is union and communion with Himself, and it cannot be found in self. We are to come to Christ just as we are--sinful, helpless, dependent, and fall at His feet in true repentance, confessing our sins, and accepting His atoning blood to make us new creatures in Christ Jesus! Then the Holy Spirit will fill the heart and mind renewed by divine grace and produce all of the fruits of the Spirit in the life that is kept moment-by-moment by Christ's grace through a living faith surrender to His will as revealed in the law of love, the Ten Commandments! Thankfully, Jesus gives us the Sabbath of the fourth commandment as a wonderful day to rest from our worldly business, thoughts and conversations so we can magnify Him and His power to restore us into His image!! What a gift Jesus gives us in Himself by giving us the Sabbath day to focus on Him, coming together for worship, and having opportunities to be a blessing to others!

"And the Lord says, 'If thou turn away thy foot from the Sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on My holy day; and call the Sabbath a delight, the holy of the Lord, honorable; . . . then shalt thou delight thyself in the Lord.' Isaiah 58:13, 14. To all who receive the Sabbath as a sign of Christ's creative and redeeming power, it will be a delight. Seeing Christ in it, they delight themselves in Him. The Sabbath points them to the works of creation as an evidence of His mighty power in redemption. While it calls to mind the lost peace of Eden, it tells of peace restored through the Saviour. And every object in nature repeats His invitation, 'Come unto Me, all ye that labor and are heavy-laden, and I will give you rest.' Matthew 11:28." {The Desire of Ages, page 289, paragraph 1}

May you experience this rest in Christ as offered us in the gift of the Sabbath today by surrendering all to Jesus!

Dorine

« Reply #69 on: May 15, 2021, 05:58:42 AM »

Happy Sabbath to all. How appropriate that our chapter today is on the Sabbath.

"Wherefore the Son of man is Lord also of the Sabbath." These words are full of instruction and comfort. Because the Sabbath was made for man, it is the Lord's day. It belongs to Christ. For "all things were made by Him; and without Him was not anything made that was made." John 1:3. Since He made all things, He made the Sabbath. By Him it was set apart as a memorial of the work of creation. It points to Him as both the Creator and the Sanctifier. It declares that He who created all things in heaven and in earth, and by whom all things hold together, is the head of the church, and that by His power we are reconciled to God. For, speaking of Israel, He said, "I gave them My Sabbaths, to be a sign between Me and them, that they might know that I am the Lord that sanctify them,"--make them holy. Ezekiel 20:12. Then the Sabbath is a sign of Christ's power to make us holy. And it is given to all whom Christ makes holy. As a sign of His sanctifying power, the Sabbath is given to all who through Christ become a part of the Israel of God.

[/size]Many believe that Sunday is the Lord's day but here we see from God's word that Jesus is Lord of the bible Sabbath and not the counterfeit. It is also a sign of Christ's sanctifying power to make us holy. No wonder the enemy has devised such a devilish plan to destroy this truth. I'm thankful that we are still free to worship God and speak of Him to others but that is soon going to be taken away. May our hearts be filled with joy and praise as we commune with God on this, God's Sabbath day.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Beacon

« Reply #70 on: May 15, 2021, 06:14:33 AM »
"Wherefore the Son of man is Lord also of the Sabbath." These words are full of instruction and comfort. Because the Sabbath was made for man, it is the Lord's day.

It belongs to Christ.

For "all things were made by Him; and without Him was not anything made that was made." John 1:3.

Since He made all things, He made the Sabbath. By Him it was set apart as a memorial of the work of creation. It points to Him as both the Creator and the Sanctifier."

"The Sabbath declares that He who created all things in heaven and in earth, and by whom all things hold together, is the "Head of the Church" By His power we are reconciled to God.

He said, "I gave them My Sabbaths, to be a sign between Me and them, that they might know that I am the Lord that sanctify's them,"--To make them holy. Ezekiel 20:12.

"Then the Sabbath is a sign of Christ's power to make us holy. And it is given to all whom Christ makes holy. As a sign of His sanctifying power, the Sabbath is given to all who through Christ become a part of the Israel of God."

Dear Friends, Let us consider seriously what the implications are if we choose to worship on Sunday which is a Man Made False Sabbath!! - No Where in the Bible is there any command to keep Sunday, the 1st. Day of the Week Holy, as a Sabbath Day! No where does it say that Jesus commanded us to honor Sunday as a memorial of His Resurrection!

The Bible says in John 14:15 "IF YE LOVE ME --- KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS."

DO YOU LOVE JESUS? OR ARE YOU JUST GOING TO FOLLOW THE CROWD?

SERIOUSLY THINK ABOUT YOUR ANSWER -- FOR IT  WILL DETERMINE YOUR ETERNAL DESTINATION!

HAPPY SABBATH TO ALL GOD'S CHILDREN IN EVERY CORNER OF OUR PLANET AND THROUGH ALL HIS UNIVERSE.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #71 on: May 15, 2021, 09:42:38 PM »
Amen, amen, and amen!!  And yes, it was the Sabbath!!   Started to edit and upload a WCAS video, but saw how late it is and will do it tomorrow.  :)   Better to post here before falling asleep!

What a blessing to know the Sabbath tells the world we are His people, all who love Him supremely.

No other institution which was committed to the Jews tended so fully to distinguish them from surrounding nations as did the Sabbath. God designed that its observance should designate them as His worshipers. It was to be a token of their separation from idolatry, and their connection with the true God. But in order to keep the Sabbath holy, men must themselves be holy. Through faith they must become partakers of the righteousness of Christ. When the command was given to Israel, "Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy," the Lord said also to them, "Ye shall be holy men unto Me." Exodus 20:8;  22:31. Only thus could the Sabbath distinguish Israel as the worshipers of God. 

Amen! We have a lot of church members who cannot keep the Sabbath properly because they are not holy and do not believe anyone except God can be holy. They believe all righteousness imparted by God is as filthy rags. There are none who obey God. Satan has been so very successful!  :(  But, God has a faithful church that does keep His commandments. By His grace this is only possible. The heart must be fully given to Jesus. We must love Him with the whole heart, not part of it.

Dorine

« Reply #72 on: August 10, 2021, 05:30:27 AM »
Jesus did not let the matter pass without administering a rebuke to His enemies. He declared that in their blindness they had mistaken the object of the Sabbath. He said, "If ye had known what this meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice, ye would not have condemned the guiltless." Matthew 12:7. Their many heartless rites could not supply the lack of that truthful integrity and tender love which will ever characterize the true worshiper of God.

The Sabbath teaches us about the character of God that we are to emulate.  God is much nicer, sweeter, more gracious and full of tender mercy than we know or think. When we see Jesus as we should we will not want to hurt Him in any way and we will abhor sin in all it's disguises. What a profound witness for the saving of lost souls.

Beacon

« Reply #73 on: August 10, 2021, 08:13:40 AM »
In the heart of God's Ten Commandments we find these words...

"Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it. Exodus 20:8-11"

How do we know which day is the Sabbath?

Jesus died on the 6th dayof the week, this is what we call "Good Friday" & according to the Bible He rested in the tomb on the Sabbath Day, The 7th Day of the week. He Rose from the Tomb on ( Sunday ) the 1st day of the week.

"To all who receive the Sabbath as a sign of Christ's creative and redeeming power, it will be a delight. Seeing Christ in it, they delight themselves in Him. The Sabbath points them to the works of creation as an evidence of His mighty power in redemption. While it calls to mind the lost peace of Eden, it tells of peace restored through the Saviour. And every object in nature repeats His invitation, 'Come unto Me, all ye that labor and are heavy-laden, and I will give you rest.; Matthew 11:28."

We should also remember that nowhere in the Bible does God command us to keep any other day Holy except Saturday the 7th day of the week which is Saturday NOT Sunday!! Today there is an effort being made to bring about a change in our calender's to make it look like Sunday is the 7th day of the week. Do Not be fouled by this man made change!!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #74 on: August 10, 2021, 09:03:03 PM »
Amen Brother Beacon. We ought to have this truth on the tip of our tongue that we might remember always share this truth.

When we understand that we must be holy in order to keep the Sabbath holy, we will wonder how it can be that such sinners could become holy saints. How many believe this truth? Not many.

But in order to keep the Sabbath holy, men must themselves be holy. Through faith they must become partakers of the righteousness of Christ. When the command was given to Israel, "Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy," the Lord said also to them, "Ye shall be holy men unto Me." Exodus 20:8;  22:31. Only thus could the Sabbath distinguish Israel as the worshipers of God. 

When we cease fighting against God and His truth, then we shall understand why God gave us the Sabbath. How important it is to our salvation. It was important for Adam before he fell, but much more important for those who live in fallen flesh. How can we be transformed to reflect the righteousness of Christ in our own lives? We must learn of Him who gave all for us. Do we understand His love and His power to re-create sinners into saints? Consider what is written:

Because He had rested upon the Sabbath, "God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it,"--set it apart to a holy use. He gave it to Adam as a day of rest. It was a memorial of the work of creation, and thus a sign of God's power and His love........ And since the Sabbath is a memorial of the work of creation, it is a token of the love and power of Christ...... So long as the heavens and the earth endure, the Sabbath will continue as a sign of the Creator's power.....Then the Sabbath is a sign of Christ's power to make us holy. And it is given to all whom Christ makes holy. As a sign of His sanctifying power, the Sabbath is given to all who through Christ become a part of the Israel of God......To all who receive the Sabbath as a sign of Christ's creative and redeeming power, it will be a delight.......The Sabbath points them to the works of creation as an evidence of His mighty power in redemption.

If sinners to not understand that God desires that we be converted that we might be holy, then what need have they are knowing of His power to re-create us into holy beings? Thus, a failure to understand God's purpose in allowing His Son to come to this dark spot in the universe, the Sabbath will not point to the power of Christ to transform sinners into saints.

Beacon

« Reply #75 on: November 04, 2021, 08:30:27 PM »
Since He made all things, He made the Sabbath. By Him it was set apart as a memorial of the work of creation.

It points to Him as both the Creator and the Sanctifier. It declares that it is He who created all things in heaven and in earth."

" For, speaking of Israel, He said, "I gave them My Sabbaths, to be a sign between Me and them, that they might know that I am the Lord that sanctify them,"--make them holy. Ezekiel 20:12."

"Then the Sabbath is a sign of Christ's power to make us holy. And it is given to all whom Christ makes holy. As a sign of His sanctifying power, the Sabbath is given to all who through Christ become a part of the Israel of God."

No wonder why therefore, that Satan hates the Sabbath, which according to the Holy Scriptures is the 7th day of the week commonly called Saturday. Throughout history Satan has fooled millions into thinking that Sunday, the 1st day of the week is the Sabbath of Creation and therefore takes away the Glory, Praise & Worship due to Jesus. I want to be with Jesus on the day that He says is His Holy SABBATH DAY. Saturday the 7th day of the week. Don't be fooled by those who are trying to change the calendar to show that Sunday is the 7th day of the week.   

Beacon

« Reply #76 on: November 04, 2021, 08:34:46 PM »
Since He made all things, He made the Sabbath. By Him it was set apart as a memorial of the work of creation.

"It points to Him as both the Creator and the Sanctifier. It declares that it is He who created all things in heaven and in earth."

" For, speaking of Israel, He said, "I gave them My Sabbaths, to be a sign between Me and them, that they might know that I am the Lord that sanctify them,"--make them holy. Ezekiel 20:12."

No wonder why therefore, that Satan hates the Sabbath, which according to the Holy Scriptures is the 7th day of the week commonly called Saturday. Throughout history Satan has fooled millions into thinking that Sunday, the 1st day of the week is the Sabbath of Creation and therefore takes away the Glory, Praise & Worship due to Jesus. I want to be with Jesus on the day that He says is His Holy SABBATH DAY. Saturday the 7th day of the week. Don't be fooled by those who are trying to change the calendar to show that Sunday is the 7th day of the week.   

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #77 on: November 05, 2021, 12:43:52 PM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!

The currency of relationships is time. God has graciously given us the seventh day Sabbath as a gift to build our relationship with Him.
As we surrender fully to Jesus, He converts our hearts and changes us from the inside out to have all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing as we affectionately obey God's law of love expressed in the Ten Commandments, including the holy Sabbath from Friday sunset to Saturday sunset! Happy Sabbath as it comes soon!!

"And the Lord says, 'If thou turn away thy foot from the Sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on My holy day; and call the Sabbath a delight, the holy of the Lord, honorable; . . . then shalt thou delight thyself in the Lord.' Isaiah 58:13, 14. To all who receive the Sabbath as a sign of Christ's creative and redeeming power, it will be a delight. Seeing Christ in it, they delight themselves in Him. The Sabbath points them to the works of creation as an evidence of His mighty power in redemption. While it calls to mind the lost peace of Eden, it tells of peace restored through the Saviour. And every object in nature repeats His invitation, 'Come unto Me, all ye that labor and are heavy-laden, and I will give you rest.' Matthew 11:28." {The Desire of Ages, page 289, paragraph 1}

As the sun sets this Friday evening, may you rest in Jesus knowing that His grace is strong and powerful to keep you from sin and shame as you accept Christ's new name by the power of the Holy Spirit!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #78 on: November 05, 2021, 09:04:28 PM »
Amen!!   What a blessing to have a day of worship wherein we do not have to do the daily work!

It reminds us of God's love and His creative power which helps us to understand His power to help us live a holy life.

Have a blessed Sabbath dear friends.

Beacon

« Reply #79 on: January 30, 2022, 08:04:18 PM »
"The Sabbath was not for Israel merely, but for the world."

HOW DO WE KNOW THIS?

It had been made known to man in Eden, and, like the other precepts of the Decalogue, it is of imperishable obligation. Of that law of which the fourth commandment forms a part,

"Christ declares, "Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in nowise pass from the law." So long as the heavens and the earth endure, the Sabbath will continue as a sign of the Creator's power. And when Eden shall bloom on earth again, God's holy rest day will be honored by all beneath the sun. "From one Sabbath to another" the inhabitants of the glorified new earth shall go up "to worship before Me, saith the Lord." Matthew 5:18; Isaiah 66:23."

Let us also remember that according to the Bible, God's Sabbath Day is on the 7th Day of the week commonly known as (Saturday) Not on (Sunday) commonly known as the First Day of the week.There is "NOWHERE" in Holy Scripture mentioned where we are commanded to keep Sunday Holy. I want to keep the Sabbath on Saturday as commanded by God, Don't You?