Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--23--The Kingdom of God is at Hand  (Read 14624 times)

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
Re: The Desire of Ages--23--The Kingdom of God is at Hand
« Reply #100 on: September 25, 2023, 05:06:10 AM »
There are definite parallels.

"As the message of Christ's first advent announced the kingdom of His grace, so the message of His second advent announces the kingdom of His glory. And the second message, like the first, is based on the prophecies. The words of the angel to Daniel relating to the last days were to be understood in the time of the end. At that time, 'many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.' 'The wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.' Daniel 12:4, 10. The Saviour Himself has given signs of His coming, and He says, 'When ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand.' 'And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares.' 'Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.' Luke 21:31, 34, 36." {The Desire of Ages, page 234, paragraph 4}

Let us live in readiness for Jesus' second coming! All of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing will be revealed in the life of one who fully surrenders to Christ in living faith and abides in His saving grace! Affectionately obedient to all of the light that God has revealed, God gives more light to those who walk in what they already have! "But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day" (Proverbs 4:18). Will you live in true readiness for Jesus' glorious second coming? He is coming VERY SOON!!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Dorine

« Reply #101 on: September 25, 2023, 05:36:09 AM »
"The Jews misinterpreted and misapplied the word of God, and they knew not the time of their visitation. The years of the ministry of Christ and His apostles,—the precious last years of grace to the chosen people,—they spent in plotting the destruction of the Lord’s messengers. Earthly ambitions absorbed them, and the offer of the spiritual kingdom came to them in vain. So today the kingdom of this world absorbs men’s thoughts, and they take no note of the rapidly fulfilling prophecies and the tokens of the swift-coming kingdom of God.
“But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.” While we are not to know the hour of our Lord’s return, we may know when it is near. “Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.” 1 Thessalonians 5:4-6

I praise God everyday for the wonderful privilege God has given me to be a member of His family. My prayer is that I will not take it lightly and will let my light so shine that others may see and believe. Christ comes as a thief only to those who are living for self.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #102 on: September 25, 2023, 07:05:56 AM »
Amen my dear brother and sister!! Jesus is even at the doors!

We have reached the period foretold in these scriptures. The time of the end is come, the visions of the prophets are unsealed, and their solemn warnings point us to our Lord’s coming in glory as near at hand. The Jews misinterpreted and misapplied the word of God, and they knew not the time of their visitation. The years of the ministry of Christ and His apostles,—the precious last years of grace to the chosen people,—they spent in plotting the destruction of the Lord’s messengers. Earthly ambitions absorbed them, and the offer of the spiritual kingdom came to them in vain. So today the kingdom of this world absorbs men’s thoughts, and they take no note of the rapidly fulfilling prophecies and the tokens of the swift-coming kingdom of God. “But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.” While we are not to know the hour of our Lord’s return, we may know when it is near. “Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.” 1 Thessalonians 5:4-6.

How do we know we are at the end? The world is falling apart just as it was in the days of Noah. Jesus tells us when He is coming.

The Saviour Himself has given signs of His coming, and He says, “When ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand.” “And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares.” “Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.” Luke 21:31, 34, 36.

He tells us just what He told His disciples on that fateful night when they forsook Him: "Watch and pray!"
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Beacon

« Reply #103 on: September 25, 2023, 07:13:59 AM »
"The burden of Christ's preaching was, 'The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent ye, and believe the gospel.'

"Thus the gospel message, as given by the Saviour Himself, was based on the prophecies."

"The 'time' which He declared to be fulfilled was the period made known by the angel Gabriel to Daniel."

'Seventy weeks,' said the angel, 'are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most holy.' Daniel 9:24"

"A day in prophecy stands for a year. See Numbers 14:34; Ezekiel 4:6".

"The seventy weeks, or four hundred and ninety days, represent four hundred and ninety years.

" A starting point for this period is given: 'Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks,' sixty-nine weeks, or four hundred and eighty-three years. Daniel 9:25."

The commandment to restore and build Jerusalem, as completed by the decree of Artaxerxes Longimanus (see Ezra 6:14; 7:1, 9, margin), went into effect in the autumn of B. C. 457.

From this time four hundred and eighty-three years extend to the autumn of A. D. 27. According to the prophecy, this period was to reach to the Messiah, the Anointed One.

In A. D. 27, Jesus at His baptism received the anointing of the Holy Spirit, and soon afterward began His ministry.

" Then the message was proclaimed." 'The time is fulfilled.'"

This amazing fulfillment of Bible Prophecy declares to us that we can believe with full confidence the Bible as we have it today. Are "YOU" willing to take your stand with Jesus as revealed in His Holy Word??
Look up and listen for the shout.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #104 on: December 21, 2023, 04:16:43 AM »
What is the best way to watch and pray for the second coming of Jesus? We daily need to behold Him, fully surrender to Him, repent and forsake sin, experience the baptism of the Holy Spirit, get active in mission service, and let the Holy Spirit lead continually in a life experience manifesting all of the fruit of the Spirit without trait of the divine nature missing! We can know what God wants us to do because we have a more sure word of prophecy to guide us heavenward!

"As the message of Christ's first advent announced the kingdom of His grace, so the message of His second advent announces the kingdom of His glory. And the second message, like the first, is based on the prophecies. The words of the angel to Daniel relating to the last days were to be understood in the time of the end. At that time, 'many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.' 'The wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.' Daniel 12:4, 10. The Saviour Himself has given signs of His coming, and He says, 'When ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand.' 'And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares.' 'Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.' Luke 21:31, 34, 36." {The Desire of Ages, page 234, paragraph 4}

Jesus is coming soon!! Does your life reflect this reality in how you use your time, resources and influence? Let us fall on our knees and ask the Lord to lead us to value what heaven values--the salvation of souls--and do all we can to help them be saved by cooperation with Christ in loving obedience to all of His commandments!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Dorine

« Reply #105 on: December 21, 2023, 06:04:51 AM »
“The Lord God will do nothing, but He revealeth His secret unto His servants and prophets.” While “the secret things belong unto the Lord our God,” “those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children forever.” Amos 3:7; Deuteronomy 29:29. God has given these things to us, and His blessing will attend the reverent, prayerful study of the prophetic scriptures."

Do we have a love of the truth? Do we study scripture with an open heart and mind not wanting to miss anything that God has revealed to us in His word? May we never allow the pleasures and cares of this world to come before Christ. When we seek Him first we find that all that this world offers fades into nothingness. Jesus is coming oh so very soon. We want to be ready.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Philip T

« Reply #106 on: December 21, 2023, 07:37:21 AM »
The Jews misinterpreted and misapplied the word of God, and they knew not the time of their visitation. The years of the ministry of Christ and His apostles,—the precious last years of grace to the chosen people,—they spent in plotting the destruction of the Lord’s messengers. Earthly ambitions absorbed them, and the offer of the spiritual kingdom came to them in vain. So today the kingdom of this world absorbs men’s thoughts, and they take no note of the rapidly fulfilling prophecies and the tokens of the swift-coming kingdom of God.
“But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.” While we are not to know the hour of our Lord’s return, we may know when it is near. “Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.” 1 Thessalonians 5:4-6

Thank you, Pastor Sean, and sister Dorine.

I was struck by these words and looking at the world today we can see these same things happening, false doctrine, leading to false belief by those looking for Christs 2nd Advent. We do need to spend time in the scriptures and prophecies, so we will be ready to meet Jesus in the clouds of glory.

Beacon

« Reply #107 on: December 21, 2023, 09:35:08 AM »
"The Jews misinterpreted and misapplied the word of God, and they knew not the time of their visitation."

"The years of the ministry of Christ and His apostles,—the precious last years of grace to the chosen people,—they spent in plotting the destruction of the Lord’s messengers."

"Earthly ambitions absorbed them, and the offer of the spiritual kingdom came to them in vain."

"So today the kingdom of this world absorbs men’s thoughts, and they take no note of the rapidly fulfilling prophecies and the tokens of the swift-coming kingdom of God."

“But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.

"Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.”

"While we are not to know the hour of our Lord’s return, we may know when it is near."

“Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.” 1 Thessalonians 5:4-6"
[/color]

Are "You" --"Am I  Willing to " Watch & be Sober"  Jesus says to each one of "US" Watch & Be Sober!! That's an Imperative Statement.!!   Are "WE" willing to obey our Lord & Saviour??

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #108 on: December 21, 2023, 04:10:56 PM »
Amen brother beacon. Jesus is coming so very soon.

The Sanhedrin had rejected Christ’s message and was bent upon His death; therefore Jesus departed from Jerusalem, from the priests, the temple, the religious leaders, the people who had been instructed in the law, and turned to another class to proclaim His message, and to gather out those who should carry the gospel to all nations.
As the light and life of men was rejected by the ecclesiastical authorities in the days of Christ, so it has been rejected in every succeeding generation. Again and again the history of Christ’s withdrawal from Judea has been repeated. When the Reformers preached the word of God, they had no thought of separating themselves from the established church; but the religious leaders would not tolerate the light, and those that bore it were forced to seek another class, who were longing for the truth. In our day few of the professed followers of the Reformers are actuated by their spirit. Few are listening for the voice of God, and ready to accept truth in whatever guise it may be presented. Often those who follow in the steps of the Reformers are forced to turn away from the churches they love, in order to declare the plain teaching of the word of God. And many times those who are seeking for light are by the same teaching obliged to leave the church of their fathers, that they may render obedience.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Beacon

« Reply #109 on: March 15, 2024, 08:20:54 PM »
"When the Reformers preached the word of God, they had no thought of separating themselves from the established church."

"However, the religious leaders would not tolerate the light."

"Those that bore it were forced to seek another class, who were longing for the truth."

"In our day few of the professed followers of the Reformers are actuated by their spirit."

"Few are listening for the voice of God."

"They are ready to accept truth in whatever guise it may be presented."

"Often those who follow in the steps of the Reformers are forced to turn away from the churches they love, in order to declare the plain teaching of the word of God."

"Many times those who are seeking for light are by the same teaching obliged to leave the church of their fathers, that they may render obedience."

How is it with "YOU" ??  Are "WE" willing to listen to the Voice of God regardless of the earthly cost??

========================
All to Jesus I surrender,
All to Him I freely give;
I will ever love and trust Him,
In His presence daily live.
  I surrender all,
  I surrender all.
All to Thee, my blessed Savior,
    I surrender all.
Humbly at His feet I bow,
Worldly pleasures all forsaken;
Take me, Jesus, take me now.
Make me, Savior, wholly Thine;
Let me feel Thy Holy Spirit,
Truly know that Thou art mine.
Lord, I give myself to Thee;
Fill me with Thy love and power,
Let Thy blessing fall on me.
Now I feel the sacred flame.
Oh, the joy of full salvation!
Glory, glory to His name!

Lyrics:Judson W. Van de Venter (1855-1939)
Music:Winfield Scott Weeden (1847-1908)

Happy Sabbath to all Gods family on earth and to those in the far corners of His Universe. Let us raise our voices in praise to Jesus

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #110 on: March 16, 2024, 03:31:51 AM »
Amen my dear Brother Beacon!   Do we love the Lord our God with all of the heart? If not, then we are not in a saved condition. But, we can be, if we will spend a thoughtful hour a day contemplating the life of Jesus. By beholding His glory we not only will be changed into His image, but we knowing Him intimately will love Him supremely.

Some want to push the soon coming of Jesus much further away. But, we are told that the second coming is soon. How do we know, by the signs of the times. If we have not studied the Bible to understand, then we shall not understand, but the wise who study will know the time is very soon.

As the message of Christ’s first advent announced the kingdom of His grace, so the message of His second advent announces the kingdom of His glory. And the second message, like the first, is based on the prophecies. The words of the angel to Daniel relating to the last days were to be understood in the time of the end. At that time, “many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.” “The wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.” Daniel 12:4, 10. The Saviour Himself has given signs of His coming, and He says, “When ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand.” “And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares.” “Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.” Luke 21:31, 34, 36.

We have reached the period foretold in these scriptures. The time of the end is come, the visions of the prophets are unsealed, and their solemn warnings point us to our Lord’s coming in glory as near at hand.

The King of the North says he is going into the glorious holy mountain. "And he shall plant the tabernacles of his palace between the seas in the glorious holy mountain; yet he shall come to his end, and none shall help him. And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book." Yes, probation for the world is soon to close. When Michael (Jesus) stands up, He will walk out of the heavenly Sanctuary never to return, never to forgive sins ever again. Are we ready?

And, we can hasten that day!!

Dorine

« Reply #111 on: March 16, 2024, 05:27:35 AM »
"We have reached the period foretold in these scriptures. The time of the end is come, the visions of the prophets are unsealed, and their solemn warnings point us to our Lord’s coming in glory as near at hand.The Jews misinterpreted and misapplied the word of God, and they knew not the time of their visitation. The years of the ministry of Christ and His apostles,—the precious last years of grace to the chosen people,—they spent in plotting the destruction of the Lord’s messengers. Earthly ambitions absorbed them, and the offer of the spiritual kingdom came to them in vain. So today the kingdom of this world absorbs men’s thoughts, and they take no note of the rapidly fulfilling prophecies and the tokens of the swift-coming kingdom of God."

We live in exciting and terrible times. Our Lord is about to return and gather us home. Are we learning lessons from scripture that show us the way to eternal life? The closer we come to Christ the more convincing is scripture. We become anchored in truth and by the grace of God will hold firm through any storm that comes no matter how intense.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #112 on: March 16, 2024, 07:43:32 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon, Brother Richard, and Sister Dorine!

Happy Sabbath!

Have you ever taken the time to reflect on the fact that God made us for His pleasure, He desires to bless and lavish His love on us, and yet we often struggle to abide in that blessedness? Satan is the one who seeks "to steal, and to kill and to destroy" (John 10:10), so we need to look to Jesus for "life [...] more abundantly" (John 10:10). When Jesus came the first time, He had a definite purpose to fulfill. As Jesus is about to come the SECOND time, He also has a definite purpose to fulfill by sending us forth as His missionaries filled with the Holy Spirit to proclaim His everlasting gospel (Revelation 14:6-12)! Let's choose to abide in God's word and profit from all His plans to bless us and work in and through us to bless others!

"The time of Christ’s coming, His anointing by the Holy Spirit, His death, and the giving of the gospel to the Gentiles, were definitely pointed out. It was the privilege of the Jewish people to understand these prophecies, and to recognize their fulfillment in the mission of Jesus. Christ urged upon His disciples the importance of prophetic study. Referring to the prophecy given to Daniel in regard to their time, He said, 'Whoso readeth, let him understand.' Matthew 24:15. After His resurrection He explained to the disciples in 'all the prophets' 'the things concerning Himself.' Luke 24:27. The Saviour had spoken through all the prophets. 'The Spirit of Christ which was in them' 'testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.' 1 Peter 1:11." {The Desire of Ages, page 234, paragraph 1}

We often suffer in this fallen world, but if we would keep our minds stayed on Jesus, we can experience His perfect peace that passes all understanding, knowing that the glory to follow at His second coming will swallow all our trials to be in comparison as nothingness. "For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us" (Romans 8:18).