Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--10--The Voice in the Wilderness  (Read 30194 times)

Dorine

Re: The Desire of Ages--10--The Voice in the Wilderness
« Reply #100 on: April 09, 2022, 05:40:42 AM »
  "All who became the subjects of Christ's kingdom, he said, would give evidence of faith and repentance. Kindness, honesty, and fidelity would be seen in their lives. They would minister to the needy, and bring their offerings to God. They would shield the defenseless, and give an example of virtue and compassion. So the followers of Christ will give evidence of the transforming power of the Holy Spirit. In the daily life, justice, mercy, and the love of God will be seen. Otherwise they are like the chaff that is given to the fire."

Christ working in a surrendered life to Him develops a character that will show forth all the fruits of the spirit. The church is desperately lacking in these characteristics. But praise God there are some who are looking inward and realizing their great need of a changed heart and are coming into that abiding relationship with Jesus that brings about that change. May we be lights for Jesus to those around us that are still trying to find the happiness and peace they are looking for. We know where it is to be found. What a tragedy if we keep it to ourselves for if we do then we will not only negatively influence others but we will lose our own way.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #101 on: April 09, 2022, 07:47:01 AM »
Amen dear sister!  It is a new heart we need in order to please God.  Yet, few understand that this means, and even fewer understand how to obtain a new heart.

Amid discord and strife, a voice was heard from the wilderness, a voice startling and stern, yet full of hope: "Repent ye; for the kingdom of heaven is at hand." With a new, strange power it moved the people. Prophets had foretold the coming of Christ as an event far in the future; but here was an announcement that it was at hand. John's singular appearance carried the minds of his hearers back to the ancient seers. In his manner and dress he resembled the prophet Elijah. With the spirit and power of Elijah he denounced the national corruption, and rebuked the prevailing sins. His words were plain, pointed, and convincing. Many believed him to be one of the prophets risen from the dead. The whole nation was stirred. Multitudes flocked to the wilderness.
     John proclaimed the coming of the Messiah, and called the people to repentance. As a symbol of cleansing from sin, he baptized them in the waters of the Jordan. Thus by a significant object lesson he declared that those who claimed to be the chosen people of God were defiled by sin, and that without purification of heart and life they could have no part in the Messiah's kingdom.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Beacon

« Reply #102 on: July 04, 2022, 08:59:27 PM »
"In his manner and dress John resembled the prophet Elijah."

"With the spirit and power of Elijah, John denounced the national corruption, and rebuked the prevailing sins."

"His words were plain, pointed, and convincing."

"The whole nation was stirred. Multitudes flocked to the wilderness."

John proclaimed the coming of the Messiah, and called the people to repentance.

As a symbol of cleansing from sin, he baptized them in the waters of the Jordan.

"Thus by a significant object lesson he declared that those who claimed to be the chosen people of God were defiled by sin, and that without purification of heart and life they could have no part in the Messiah's kingdom."

I pray that God will empower me, and all of us who claim to be His messengers with the same type of Holy Spirit Power, as He did for His Forerunner, John The Baptist. Now I invite you to come sing with me.

==============================
 "Not I, but Christ be honored, loved, exalted,
Not I, but Christ be seen, be known and heard;
Not I, but Christ in every look and action,
Not I, but Christ in every thought and word.
    Oh, to be saved from myself, dear Lord,
  Oh, to be lost in Thee,
Oh, that it may be no more I,
    But Christ that lives in me.
Not I, but Christ to gently soothe in sorrow,
Not I, but Christ to wipe the falling tear;
Not I, but Christ to lift the weary burden,
Not I, but Christ to hush away all fear.
  Oh, to be lost in Thee,
Christ, only Christ, no idle word e’er falling,
Christ, only Christ, no needless bustling sound;
Christ, only Christ, no self-important bearing,
Christ, only Christ, no trace of I be found.
  Oh, to be lost in Thee,
Not I, but Christ my every need supplying,
Not I, but Christ my strength and health to be;
Christ, only Christ, for spirit, soul, and body,
Christ, only Christ, live then Thy life in me.
  Oh, to be lost in Thee,
Christ, only Christ, ere long will fill my vision,
Glory excelling soon, full soon I’ll see;
Christ, only Christ, my every wish fulfilling,
Christ, only Christ, my all in all to be.
  Oh, to be lost in Thee,
    But Christ that lives in me."

Lyrics:Mrs. Ada A. Whiddington (1891)
Music:Albert Benjamin Simpson (1843-1919)
Look up and listen for the shout.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #103 on: July 04, 2022, 09:42:02 PM »
Amen Brother Beacon! One of my favorite hymns!  By God's grace it will be "not I, but Christ."  So much truth in this chapter! Few in ministry understand that God would have some reprove and rebuke....in love. They repeat the truth that Jesus did not enter into controversy as evidence that we ought not point out sin. God will take care of it. After all, the tares and wheat shall grow together until the end.  How very sad that the work Ezekiel was given to do, as a watchman, is the very same work to be done today. Yet, how many repeat what Ezekiel was told to say in chapters 3, 18, and 33?  What are we to tell the righteous? And we do not tell them, then what happens to the watchman who has been told to tell the righteous if he does not tell them?  God forbid that we would remain quiet when false teachers are telling people that when the righteous sin, they retain salvation. God's people remain in the very same condition Israel was in most of their history which resulted in them putting to death their and our Savior. May we awake to our responsibilities to teach truth entrusted to the Seventh-day Adventist Church. If the watchmen have not been faithful, then those who have been given great light and are walking in it, are the true watchmen and when they see the sword coming, if they do not warn the people, then their blood will be in the watchman's head.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #104 on: July 05, 2022, 05:34:41 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon and Brother Richard!

We need HELP!! The Holy Spirit has the power to give us strength and grace to enables us to overcome--and our part is yielding to Him continually so all of the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives without one missing! Grace and strength proportionate to our need will be given to each soul that desires the help that God alone can give!

"John declared to the teachers of Israel that their pride, selfishness, and cruelty showed them to be a generation of vipers, a deadly curse to the people, rather than the children of just and obedient Abraham. In view of the light they had received from God, they were even worse than the heathen, to whom they felt so much superior. They had forgotten the rock whence they were hewn, and the hole of the pit from which they had been digged. God was not dependent upon them for the fulfilling of His purpose. As He had called Abraham out from a heathen people, so He could call others to His service. Their hearts might now appear as lifeless as the stones of the desert, but His Spirit could quicken them to do His will, and receive the fulfillment of His promise." {The Desire of Ages, page 106, paragraph 4}

May the Holy Spirit take us from where we are to where we need to be in character and experience. All that we have and are is a gift from God, and the worse we are, the more we need Jesus! Yield to Him and let Him empower you to do what is right from the right motives out of love!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Dorine

« Reply #105 on: July 05, 2022, 06:30:51 AM »
"All who would perfect holiness in the fear of God must learn the lessons of temperance and self-control. The appetites and passions must be held in subjection to the higher powers of the mind. This self-discipline is essential to that mental strength and spiritual insight which will enable us to understand and to practice the sacred truths of God's word. For this reason temperance finds its place in the work of preparation for Christ's second coming."

If we haven't been taught this in childhood it becomes a mountain to deal with in adulthood. But if we are sincere and dedicated in pleasing and obeying God He will supply our every need. (Php 4:19)  But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. What we once loved we hate and what we once hated we love. The Holy Spirit works in us a complete change of heart when we hold nothing back from Him.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #106 on: July 05, 2022, 08:00:16 AM »
Amen!!

In childhood and youth the character is most impressible. The power of self-control should then be acquired. By the fireside and at the family board influences are exerted whose results are as enduring as eternity. More than any natural endowment, the habits established in early years decide whether a man will be victorious or vanquished in the battle of life. Youth is the sowing time. It determines the character of the harvest, for this life and for the life to come.

When this has not happened, then yes, we can still be transformed from sinner to saint.  When we love the Lord our God with all of the heart, then we are given power to live the life of Christ.  How can we hurt (sin) the One we love! And when we hate sin because it hurts our Savior and those we love, then how can we sin? All we need to do is to lose our connection with Christ.  How? By neglect to remember and cling to Him.  How important is it that we not forget God? We are called to prepare a people to receive Jesus at His soon coming. To do this we must perfect holiness as did John. How few understand this. Why?

John was to go forth as Jehovah's messenger, to bring to men the light of God. He must give a new direction to their thoughts. He must impress them with the holiness of God's requirements, and their need of His perfect righteousness. Such a messenger must be holy. He must be a temple for the indwelling Spirit of God. In order to fulfill his mission, he must have a sound physical constitution, and mental and spiritual strength. Therefore it would be necessary for him to control the appetites and passions. He must be able so to control all his powers that he could stand among men as unmoved by surrounding circumstances as the rocks and mountains of the wilderness.
     In the time of John the Baptist, greed for riches, and the love of luxury and display had become widespread. Sensuous pleasures, feasting and drinking, were causing physical disease and degeneracy, benumbing the spiritual perceptions, and lessening the sensibility to sin. John was to stand as a reformer. By his abstemious life and plain dress he was to rebuke the excesses of his time. Hence the directions given to the parents of John,--a lesson of temperance by an angel from the throne of heaven.....

As a prophet, John was "to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord." In preparing the way for Christ's first advent, he was a representative of those who are to prepare a people for our Lord's second coming. The world is given to self-indulgence. Errors and fables abound. Satan's snares for destroying souls are multiplied. All who would perfect holiness in the fear of God must learn the lessons of temperance and self-control. The appetites and passions must be held in subjection to the higher powers of the mind. This self-discipline is essential to that mental strength and spiritual insight which will enable us to understand and to practice the sacred truths of God's word. For this reason temperance finds its place in the work of preparation for Christ's second coming. 

Beacon

« Reply #107 on: September 28, 2022, 08:07:20 PM »
"John was to go forth as Jehovah's messenger, to bring to men the light of God."

"He must give a new direction to their thoughts."

"He must impress them with the holiness of God's requirements, and their need of His perfect righteousness."

"Such a messenger must be holy."

"He must be a temple for the indwelling Spirit of God."

In order to fulfill his mission, he must have a sound physical constitution, and mental and spiritual strength.

Therefore it would be necessary for him to control the appetites and passions.

"He must be able so to control all his powers."

Are "WE" called to a lesser standard ? Jesus said " You are either for Me or Against Me" Which will it be for "US"?

===============================

Not I, but Christ be honored, loved, exalted,
Not I, but Christ be seen, be known and heard;
Not I, but Christ in every look and action,
Not I, but Christ in every thought and word.
  Oh, to be lost in Thee,
Not I, but Christ to gently soothe in sorrow,
Not I, but Christ to wipe the falling tear;
Not I, but Christ to lift the weary burden,
Not I, but Christ to hush away all fear.
Christ, only Christ, no idle word e’er falling,
Christ, only Christ, no needless bustling sound;
Christ, only Christ, no self-important bearing,
Christ, only Christ, no trace of I be found.
Not I, but Christ my every need supplying,
Not I, but Christ my strength and health to be;
Christ, only Christ, for spirit, soul, and body,
Christ, only Christ, live then Thy life in me.
Christ, only Christ, ere long will fill my vision,
Glory excelling soon, full soon I’ll see;
Christ, only Christ, my every wish fulfilling,
Christ, only Christ, my all in all to be.

Lyrics:Mrs. Ada A. Whiddington (1891)
Music:Albert Benjamin Simpson (1843-1919)

Philip T

« Reply #108 on: September 29, 2022, 08:38:04 AM »
The birth of a son to Zacharias, like the birth of the child of Abraham, and that of Mary, was to teach a great spiritual truth, a truth that we are slow to learn and ready to forget. In ourselves we are incapable of doing any good thing; but that which we cannot do will be wrought by the power of God in every submissive and believing soul. It was through faith that the child of promise was given. It is through faith that spiritual life is begotten, and we are enabled to do the works of righteousness.

We can do nothing of ourselves, it is only through surrender to and faith in God's power that we are able to perform the transformation of Character God wants us to do. We must humble ourselves before a mighty God. Surrendering all to Him, then He can finish the good work He has begun in us.

Beacon

« Reply #109 on: September 29, 2022, 08:27:11 PM »
"John was to go forth as Jehovah's messenger, to bring to men the light of God."

"He must give a new direction to their thoughts."

"He must impress them with the holiness of God's requirements, and their need of His perfect righteousness."

"Such a messenger must be holy. He must be a temple for the indwelling Spirit of God."

"In order to fulfill his mission, he must have a sound physical constitution, and mental and spiritual strength."

"Therefore it would be necessary for him to control the appetites and passions."

"He must be able so to control all his powers that he could stand among men as unmoved by surrounding circumstances as the rocks and mountains of the wilderness."

If "We" are willing to stand on the promises of God Our Savoir, we also by the indwelling Holy Spirit can be filled with the same powerful spirit like John which will enable us to reach our families, our neighbors, our fellow church members! "AM I -ARE YOU" Willing to stand on the Promises of God?

==============================
Standing on the promises of Christ my King,
Through eternal ages let His praises ring,
Glory in the highest, I will shout and sing,
  Standing on the promises of God.
    Standing, standing,
Standing on the promises of God my Savior;
Standing, standing,
  I’m standing on the promises of God.
Standing on the promises that cannot fail,
When the howling storms of doubt and fear assail,
By the living Word of God I shall prevail,
Standing on the promises I now can see
Perfect, present cleansing in the blood for me;
Standing in the liberty where Christ makes free,
Standing on the promises of Christ the Lord,
Bound to Him eternally by love’s strong cord,
Overcoming daily with the Spirit’s sword,
Standing on the promises I shall not fall,
List’ning every moment to the Spirit’s call.
Resting in my Savior as my All in all,

Lyrics:Russell Kelso Carter (1849-1928)
Music:Russell Kelso Carter (1849-1928)

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #110 on: September 30, 2022, 07:19:06 AM »
Amen Brother Beacon!!  "Such a messenger must be holy. He must be a temple for the indwelling Spirit of God." Only the pure in heart can have fellowship with Jesus.

In the time of John the Baptist, Christ was about to appear as the revealer of the character of God. His very presence would make manifest to men their sin. Only as they were willing to be purged from sin could they enter into fellowship with Him. Only the pure in heart could abide in His presence.

We need to die daily to self that Christ might have our whole heart.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #111 on: September 30, 2022, 08:05:29 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon and Brother Richard!!

Let us allow Christ to take our whole heart which really belongs to Him, so He can do what He LONGS to do in recreating us into His image of unselfish love! Only by consent and cooperation with the Holy Spirit can we overcome through Christ! Christ lives out His life in those who look away from self and choose to walk in His righteousness, like what John the Baptist chose!

"He looked upon the King in His beauty, and self was forgotten. He beheld the majesty of holiness, and felt himself to be inefficient and unworthy. He was ready to go forth as Heaven's messenger, unawed by the human, because he had looked upon the Divine. He could stand erect and fearless in the presence of earthly monarchs, because he had bowed low before the King of kings." {The Desire of Ages, page 103, paragraph 3}

When we see how glorious Jesus truly is, self will no longer clamor to be recognized. We shall be happy to be anything or nothing as His providence shall indicate for the fulfilling of the everlasting gospel proclamation to the world! Jesus is coming soon!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Beacon

« Reply #112 on: December 25, 2022, 08:35:33 PM »
"In and of ourselves we are incapable of doing any good thing."

"However, that which we cannot do will be wrought by the power of God in every submissive and believing soul."

"It was through faith that the child of promise was given."

"It is through faith that spiritual life is begotten, and we are enabled to do the works of righteousness."

Nothing in my hand I bring - Simply to the Cross I Cling --- Jesus invites you to come also.

==================
Day by day, and with each passing moment,
Strength I find to meet my trials here;
Trusting in my Father’s wise bestowment,
I’ve no cause for worry or for fear.
He, whose heart is kind beyond all measure,
Gives unto each day what He deems best,
Lovingly its part of pain and pleasure,
Mingling toil with peace and rest.
Every day the Lord Himself is near me,
With a special mercy for each hour;
All my cares He fain would bear and cheer me,
He whose name is Counsellor and Pow’r.
The protection of His child and treasure
Is a charge that on Himself He laid;
“As thy days, thy strength shall be in measure,”
This the pledge to me He made.
Help me then, in every tribulation,
So to trust Thy promises, O Lord,
That I lose not faith’s sweet consolation,
Offered me within Thy holy Word.
Help me, Lord, when toil and trouble meeting,
E’er to take, as from a father’s hand,
One by one, the days, the moments fleeting,
Till with Christ the Lord I stand.

Lyrics:Lina Sandell; Translated by A. L. Skoog
Music:Oscar Ahnfeldt

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #113 on: December 26, 2022, 05:10:11 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!

Praise the Lord that it is possible to be trained in a godly way. If we surrender the whole heart to Jesus, learn of Him, and exercise temperance in our habits of life, even from our early years, it can make a difference for eternity! I am so thankful for a praying, Christian mother who loved me and taught me to be healthy, abstaining from drugs, alcohol, caffeine and appreciating eating foods lots of fresh fruits and vegetables! As the Lord saves us by grace through faith, we can enjoy being temperate so our minds can be clear to hear the Holy Spirit's voice and do God's will!

"In childhood and youth the character is most impressible. The power of self-control should then be acquired. By the fireside and at the family board influences are exerted whose results are as enduring as eternity. More than any natural endowment, the habits established in early years decide whether a man will be victorious or vanquished in the battle of life. Youth is the sowing time. It determines the character of the harvest, for this life and for the life to come." {The Desire of Ages, page 101, paragraph 1}

As we sow to the Spirit, we will reap to the Spirit, growing in grace and godliness as we thrive in His love! All of the fruits of the Sprit without one missing will be manifest in the life fully surrendered to God, walking in affectionate obedience to all of His Ten Commandments!

Dorine

« Reply #114 on: December 26, 2022, 06:08:13 AM »
"All who became the subjects of Christ's kingdom, he said, would give evidence of faith and repentance. Kindness, honesty, and fidelity would be seen in their lives. They would minister to the needy, and bring their offerings to God. They would shield the defenseless, and give an example of virtue and compassion. So the followers of Christ will give evidence of the transforming power of the Holy Spirit. In the daily life, justice, mercy, and the love of God will be seen. Otherwise they are like the chaff that is given to the fire."

We have a high standard set before us. It is absolutely impossible for anyone of us to reach it except through the power of the Holy Spirit. All these attributes are gifts given in response to our total submission to the Him.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #115 on: December 26, 2022, 09:12:24 AM »
Amen my dear friends! Such unity of Spirit and thought!  No cause for worry or for fear.  It is a narrow and steep path to heaven,  but there is no excuse for any not making it. Our part  is so small we cannot measure it when compared to God's part which is so large we cannot measure it. All may obtain the Pearl of Great Price!

All who became the subjects of Christ's kingdom, he said, would give evidence of faith and repentance. Kindness, honesty, and fidelity would be seen in their lives. They would minister to the needy, and bring their offerings to God. They would shield the defenseless, and give an example of virtue and compassion. So the followers of Christ will give evidence of the transforming power of the Holy Spirit. In the daily life, justice, mercy, and the love of God will be seen. Otherwise they are like the chaff that is given to the fire.....In the time of John the Baptist, Christ was about to appear as the revealer of the character of God. His very presence would make manifest to men their sin. Only as they were willing to be purged from sin could they enter into fellowship with Him. Only the pure in heart could abide in His presence.

One cannot when searching for truth read this chapter and not understand what it means to be converted. The message given by John was startling. So it is with the message in this Book. Many go away saying "If this be so, who can be saved?"  All can be saved if they will spend a thoughtful hour a day read about the life of Christ. By beholding His great love that we see in the closing scenes of His life, we will be changed into His character. It is a promise!  "We all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord." 2 Cor. 3:18.

Beacon

« Reply #116 on: March 21, 2023, 08:01:21 PM »
"The habits established in early years decide whether a man/women will be Victorious or Vanquished in the battle of life."

"Youth is the sowing time. It determines the character of the harvest, for this life and for the life to come."

"It is through faith that spiritual life is begotten, and we are enabled to do the works of righteousness."

"The very presence of Jesus would make manifest to men their sin."

"Only as they were willing to be purged from sin could they enter into fellowship with Him."

"Only the pure in heart can abide in His presence."

"In order to fulfill his mission, he must have a sound physical constitution, and mental and spiritual strength."

"Therefore it would be necessary for him to control the appetites and passions."

The same principles are still necessary if " WE " would be true messengers for Jesus!

Are "YOU " --- Am " I " willing to surrender "ALL TO JESUS" Remember Jesus said. " I will Never Leave You Nor Forsake You!!

==========================
Deeper, deeper, in the cross of Jesus;
  Deeper let me go;
Death and life, they always go together;
  Deepen, Lord, the flow.
    Oh, deeper yet we pray,
    Do work in us each day;
    Go deeper, through and through,
    Till in Thee we’re wholly new.
Higher, higher, in the life of Jesus;
  Lord, we are so low.
By Thy life we all can go much higher—
  Higher let us go.
    Oh, higher yet we pray—
    Transform us every day—
    And richer in the flow;
    May Thy life be all we know.
Growing, growing, in us He is growing,
  More and more each day.
Into all our living He is flowing—
  This is now His way.
    For growth, O Lord, we pray;
    Increase in us each day.
    It’s not enough to know;
    Now Thy life in us must grow.
Living, living, Christ is all our living,
  He’s so practical:
Small things, big things, anything and all things—
  He’s involved in all.
    Live Christ in every way;
    Oh, live Him out today.
    His name you now must call,
    And give Him your all for all.
Person, Person, Jesus is our Person,
  Living now in us.
He’s our tastes, our attitudes and actions;
  Oh, how glorious!
    Our Person, Lord, Thou art
    Make home in all our heart.
    As life in every way
    Be our Person, Lord, each day.
Churches, churches, in the local churches
  We all find the flow:
Deeper, higher, Christ as all our living,
  For the church we grow.
    The churches are today
    Just Christ in every way.
    For this, from self we cease,
    For Thy Body, Thine increase.
Building, building, we will see the building
  Of the church this way:
Christ experienced will produce the building—
  He’s the only way.
    Oh, build us, Lord, we pray,
    By growth of life each day.
    Oh, make us now such men
    For the new Jerusalem.
Coming, coming, Jesus soon is coming
  For His chosen Bride.
In the churches we are all preparing
  To be glorified.
    Lord Jesus, come again
    This cry is deep within
    We’ll praise Thee to the end,
    Oh, come back! Come back! Amen!

Lyrics:Adapted by W. F.
Music:Charles P. Jones (1900)

Dorine

« Reply #117 on: March 22, 2023, 06:07:32 AM »
"God does not send messengers to flatter the sinner. He delivers no message of peace to lull the unsanctified into fatal security. He lays heavy burdens upon the conscience of the wrongdoer, and pierces the soul with arrows of conviction. The ministering angels present to him the fearful judgments of God to deepen the sense of need, and prompt the cry, "What must I do to be saved?" Then the hand that has humbled in the dust, lifts up the penitent. The voice that has rebuked sin, and put to shame pride and ambition, inquires with tenderest sympathy, "What wilt thou that I shall do unto thee?"" 

I've always been concerned when I hear people say after a convicting sermon; "I didn't come to hear about what is wrong with me. I need something to make me feel good."  In order to realize our true condition we need to daily sit at the feet of Jesus as He hangs on the cross suffering for you and me and contemplate His life of sorrow because of sin. Then sin is seen in it's true light and will fill the soul with longing for a changed life and to know more of Him. That's the prayer Jesus is eagerly waiting for and instantly comes to the sinners aid.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #118 on: March 22, 2023, 07:08:20 AM »
Amen my dear Brother Beacon!  I was praying about which message to share. You touched on both. It did not seem possible to not post what I always post. The Spirit impressed me to share it at the 1990 GC Session. So, it is so very important. But, this morning it was another. As I was getting ready to post, I see that you shared both. So, must I:

As a prophet, John was "to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord." In preparing the way for Christ's first advent, he was a representative of those who are to prepare a people for our Lord's second coming. The world is given to self-indulgence. Errors and fables abound. Satan's snares for destroying souls are multiplied. All who would perfect holiness in the fear of God must learn the lessons of temperance and self-control. The appetites and passions must be held in subjection to the higher powers of the mind. This self-discipline is essential to that mental strength and spiritual insight which will enable us to understand and to practice the sacred truths of God's word. For this reason temperance finds its place in the work of preparation for Christ's second coming.....

So the followers of Christ will give evidence of the transforming power of the Holy Spirit. In the daily life, justice, mercy, and the love of God will be seen. Otherwise they are like the chaff that is given to the fire.........The word of the Lord to Israel was, "I will turn My hand upon thee, and purely purge away thy dross, and take away all thy tin." Isaiah 4:4; 1:25. To sin, wherever found, "our God is a consuming fire." Hebrews 12:29. In all who submit to His power the Spirit of God will consume sin. But if men cling to sin, they become identified with it. Then the glory of God, which destroys sin, must destroy them. Jacob, after his night of wrestling with the Angel, exclaimed, "I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved." Genesis 32:30. Jacob had been guilty of a great sin in his conduct toward Esau; but he had repented. His transgression had been forgiven, and his sin purged; therefore he could endure the revelation of God's presence. But wherever men came before God while willfully cherishing evil, they were destroyed. At the second advent of Christ the wicked shall be consumed "with the Spirit of His mouth," and destroyed "with the brightness of His coming." 2 Thessalonians 2:8. The light of the glory of God, which imparts life to the righteous, will slay the wicked.

Amen dear sister. So many fear to help others see the law convicts of sin. Therefor they attempt to "correct" the true teaching that the wages of sin is death. Thus the shameful effect on so very many they think they are saved in their sins

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #119 on: March 22, 2023, 11:19:29 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon, Sister Dorine, and Brother Richard!!

Jesus offers us deliverance from sin--completely! If we are not cleansed from sin, we will be destroyed with it at the revelation of the glory of God! Thankfully, God offers us His converting grace so we can be motivated to yield the whole heart to Him so all of the fruits of the Spirit without missing will be in our lives as long as we abide in Christ!

"'I indeed baptize you in water unto repentance,' said John; 'but He that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: He shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire.' Matthew 3:11, R. V., margin. The prophet Isaiah had declared that the Lord would cleanse His people from their iniquities 'by the spirit of judgment, and by the spirit of burning.' The word of the Lord to Israel was, 'I will turn My hand upon thee, and purely purge away thy dross, and take away all thy tin.' Isaiah 4:4; 1:25. To sin, wherever found, 'our God is a consuming fire.' Hebrews 12:29. In all who submit to His power the Spirit of God will consume sin. But if men cling to sin, they become identified with it. Then the glory of God, which destroys sin, must destroy them. Jacob, after his night of wrestling with the Angel, exclaimed, 'I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.' Genesis 32:30. Jacob had been guilty of a great sin in his conduct toward Esau; but he had repented. His transgression had been forgiven, and his sin purged; therefore he could endure the revelation of God's presence. But wherever men came before God while willfully cherishing evil, they were destroyed. At the second advent of Christ the wicked shall be consumed 'with the Spirit of His mouth,' and destroyed 'with the brightness of His coming.' 2 Thessalonians 2:8. The light of the glory of God, which imparts life to the righteous, will slay the wicked." {The Desire of Ages, page 107, paragraph 4}

God destroys no one. We choose our own self-destruction if we cling to sin. Let sin go in true confession and repentance as you look to Christ in humble trust and love! He loves you and is doing everything He can to save you!