Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--10--The Voice in the Wilderness  (Read 24690 times)

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
Re: The Desire of Ages--10--The Voice in the Wilderness
« Reply #80 on: November 03, 2020, 08:08:48 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon and Sister Dorine!

Let us learn to walk with Jesus like John the Baptist did:

"He looked upon the King in His beauty, and self was forgotten. He beheld the majesty of holiness, and felt himself to be inefficient and unworthy. He was ready to go forth as Heaven's messenger, unawed by the human, because he had looked upon the Divine. He could stand erect and fearless in the presence of earthly monarchs, because he had bowed low before the King of kings." {The Desire of Ages, page 103, paragraph 3}

We have no power to do good of ourselves, but Jesus will give us a new heart and a new mind as we surrender fully to Him. Then all of the fruits of the Spirit will spontaneously come forth in the life as we abide in Jesus in living faith surrender. The obedience of Christ will be our delight, for He kept His Father's commandments (John 15:10), and we will grow more like Jesus as we walk the path His providence assigns for us as we help others prepare for the return of Jesus!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #81 on: January 29, 2021, 02:18:55 AM »
With God all things are possible. Let us look above the weakness of humanity and trust God's promises to us in a whole-heart surrender to Him! Then as we behold the loveliness of Jesus and trust Him implicitly, He can fill us with all of the fruits of the Sprit without one missing so our lives are in harmony with His law of love!

"The birth of a son to Zacharias, like the birth of the child of Abraham, and that of Mary, was to teach a great spiritual truth, a truth that we are slow to learn and ready to forget. In ourselves we are incapable of doing any good thing; but that which we cannot do will be wrought by the power of God in every submissive and believing soul. It was through faith that the child of promise was given. It is through faith that spiritual life is begotten, and we are enabled to do the works of righteousness." {The Desire of Ages, page 98, paragraph 3} 

God can work in us to will and to do of His good pleasure! Let us rejoice in the Lord always and persevere in His plan for our lives, that we share the gospel with the whole world in the spirit and power of Elijah! Jesus is coming again and He is preparing a people to walk before Him in true holiness! He can make us holy by dwelling in us by the Holy Spirit!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Beacon

« Reply #82 on: January 29, 2021, 06:21:16 AM »
As a prophet, John was "to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord..

..In preparing the way for Christ's first advent, he was a representative of those who are to prepare a people for our Lord's second coming...The world is given to self-indulgence. Errors and fables abound. Satan's snares for destroying souls are multiplied.

..All who would perfect holiness in the fear of God must learn the lessons of temperance and self-control..,

The appetites and passions must be held in subjection to the higher powers of the mind. This self-discipline is essential to that mental strength and spiritual insight which will enable us to understand and to practice the sacred truths of God's word.

For this reason temperance finds its place in the work of preparation for Christ's second coming.

Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ  - Are we willing to surrender our appetites and passions so that the Holy Spirit can transform us into active laboring labours for our Jesus - The one who gave "ALL" for us?? As we see the events that are taking place around us we know that "Time is running out and the final movements will be rapid ones". I beg you - do not delay!!
Look up and listen for the shout.

Philip T

« Reply #83 on: January 29, 2021, 08:27:54 AM »
He looked upon the King in His beauty, and self was forgotten. He beheld the majesty of holiness, and felt himself to be inefficient and unworthy. He was ready to go forth as Heaven's messenger, unawed by the human, because he had looked upon the Divine. He could stand erect and fearless in the presence of earthly monarchs, because he had bowed low before the King of kings.

Do we truly look upon Christ, willing to submit our lives to him to the point that self is forgotten, submitted totally to God? Do we behold his majesty of holiness and feel ourselves to be inefficient and unworthy? We need to keep our eyes always on Jesus looking to him with humble and contrite hearts that we may be transformed into his character, that He may complete the good work He has begun in us, and we in turn like John the Baptist can go forward boldly in teaching others the scriptures, and through a life of humbleness be a witness to those around us.

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • A glorious sunset teaches of trust and faith.....
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #84 on: January 29, 2021, 11:27:56 AM »
What a chapter!!  What is the message for us today? We are to be as John the Baptist to prepare a people to receive Jesus at His second coming as John was at His first coming. In order to do this we must be holy. What does this mean? We must understand that we are not holy neither can be in and of ourselves. We are evil by nature and can do no good thing. But, if we will learn of God and love Him with the whole heart, then He will empower us to do all He asks of us. He will make us holy as was John. He will give us His perfect righteousness that we might fulfill His mission.

The birth of a son to Zacharias, like the birth of the child of Abraham, and that of Mary, was to teach a great spiritual truth, a truth that we are slow to learn and ready to forget. In ourselves we are incapable of doing any good thing; but that which we cannot do will be wrought by the power of God in every submissive and believing soul. It was through faith that the child of promise was given. It is through faith that spiritual life is begotten, and we are enabled to do the works of righteousness. 

There is no excuse for sin. Jesus has provided a remedy. Let us learn to trust God with all we are and all we have. As Brother Philip has shared, if we will spend a thoughtful hour a day contemplating the King in His beauty, self will be forgotten. As Brother Beacon has shared:

As a prophet, John was "to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord." In preparing the way for Christ's first advent, he was a representative of those who are to prepare a people for our Lord's second coming. The world is given to self-indulgence. Errors and fables abound. Satan's snares for destroying souls are multiplied. All who would perfect holiness in the fear of God must learn the lessons of temperance and self-control. The appetites and passions must be held in subjection to the higher powers of the mind. This self-discipline is essential to that mental strength and spiritual insight which will enable us to understand and to practice the sacred truths of God's word. For this reason temperance finds its place in the work of preparation for Christ's second coming. 

And then as Pastor Sean has shared if we give the whole heart to Jesus, He will in turn give us all of the fruits of the Spirit, not one  will be missing! Then we shall be prepared to help prepare a people to receive Jesus.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Dorine

« Reply #85 on: April 26, 2021, 06:29:33 AM »
To a people in whose hearts His law is written, the favor of God is assured. They are one with Him. But the Jews had separated themselves from God. Because of their sins they were suffering under His judgments. This was the cause of their bondage to a heathen nation. Their minds were darkened by transgression, and because in times past the Lord had shown them so great favor, they excused their sins. They flattered themselves that they were better than other men, and entitled to His blessings.

The same danger exists today. God has poured out abundant blessings that are taken for granted and even expected. There is a crisis coming that even though they know hard times are ahead many calm their fears believing that it won't really be that bad for those that profess to love Jesus; even if their lives are not in harmony with the law of God. After awhile sin does not appear as sin anymore but as a normal part of the Christian experience. My our hearts be faithful and true to God and His word, believing all that He says even if the outcome looks impossible at the time.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Beacon

« Reply #86 on: April 26, 2021, 06:38:19 AM »
To a people in whose hearts His law is written, the favor of God is assured. They are one with Him. But the Jews had separated themselves from God. Because of their sins they were suffering under His judgments."

This was the cause of their bondage to a heathen nation.

Their minds were darkened by transgression, and because in times past the Lord had shown them so great favor, they excused their sins. They flattered themselves that they were better than other men, and entitled to His blessings.

These things "are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come." 1 Corinthians 10:11.

How often we misinterpret God's blessings, and flatter ourselves that we are favored on account of some goodness in us! God cannot do for us that which He longs to do. His gifts are used to increase our self-satisfaction, and to harden our hearts in unbelief and sin.

God does not compel anyone to serve Him. But He does everything He can do to make sure we have heard His invitation. He says to all of us today...

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28 Are We Willing to Accept His Invitation?

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #87 on: April 26, 2021, 07:37:21 AM »
Amen, Sister Dorine and Brother Beacon!

How does God wake up a sleeping people? Think of the prospect before John the Baptist:

"He saw his people deceived, self-satisfied, and asleep in their sins. He longed to rouse them to a holier life. The message that God had given him to bear was designed to startle them from their lethargy, and cause them to tremble because of their great wickedness. Before the seed of the gospel could find lodgment, the soil of the heart must be broken up. Before they would seek healing from Jesus, they must be awakened to their danger from the wounds of sin." {The Desire of Ages, page 103, paragraph 6}

If we do not feel the need, how can God heal? When Jesus is lifted up at Calvary in our lives and characters, we point others to the only One who can cause us to see that we have caused Him such pain, and need to turn to Him wholeheartedly! Oh, that the clear realization of our sinfulness may cause us to feel our deep, continual need of Jesus so that He can live out His life in us! Then, in true conversion that is the result of an entire surrender to Christ, all of the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives without one missing as we are wide awake to abide in Christ and bless others who need to see their need and then flee to Christ for the healing that He alone can give! John the Baptist is a type of God's people alive on earth today to point people to "behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world" (John 1:29).

Philip T

« Reply #88 on: April 26, 2021, 08:57:39 AM »
 "And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, and was in the deserts till the day of his showing unto Israel." Before the birth of John, the angel had said, "He shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost." God had called the son of Zacharias to a great work, the greatest ever committed to men. In order to accomplish this work, he must have the Lord to work with him. And the Spirit of God would be with him if he heeded the instruction of the angel.

As I read these words and the next few pages and thought back to earlier reading, It came to me these same words are written in scripture about Jesus and his growth through childhood, when scripture is repeated it is important. What is to be learned here. How to grow in scripture and teach children as the grow in scripture and the way of God. Both John and Jesus were trained by their parents, not leaving it to the learned teachers of the day, they studied nature, scripture, prayed and fasted. So we should follow this example to learning God's ways, God's law, God's character, to humble ourselves before a Holy God, and allow the Holy Spirit to guide us That we may be transformed into the character or likeness of Jesus. That all of the gifts of the Spirit are present is us, the whole cluster. That at Jesus 2nd advent we will be ready and the Glory of God will preserve us and not destroy us.

Beacon

« Reply #89 on: July 22, 2021, 07:44:37 AM »
"To sin, wherever found, “our God is a consuming fire.” Hebrews 12:29. In all who submit to His power the Spirit of God will consume sin. But if men cling to sin, they become identified with it. Then the glory of God, which destroys sin, must destroy them. Jacob, after his night of wrestling with the Angel, exclaimed, “I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.” Genesis 32:30.

Jacob had been guilty of a great sin in his conduct toward Esau; but he had repented. His transgression had been forgiven, and his sin purged; therefore he could endure the revelation of God’s presence.

"But wherever men came before God while willfully cherishing evil, they were destroyed. "

At the second advent of Christ the wicked shall be consumed “with the Spirit of His mouth,” and destroyed “with the brightness of His coming.” 2 Thessalonians 2:8. The light of the glory of God, which imparts life to the righteous, will slay the wicked."

As I read this chapter once again I felt a strong impression by the Holy Spirit asking me... " You love to sing that song " All to Jesus I Surrender...All to Him I freely give..., but then as I listened to that still small voice, I started to realize that there was a need for a deeper, much deeper surrender, more purging was needed! A huge wave filled with the tender love of Jesus flowed through my mind as more things came to my attention and I looked deeper and deeper into my personal life. Then my prayer became more honest and I thanked Jesus for being so patient with me. My prayer became...Take my life and let it be fully consecrated Lord to Thee "

"In the time of John the Baptist, Christ was about to appear as the reveler of the character of God. His very presence would make manifest to men their sin. Only as they were willing to be purged from sin could they enter into fellowship with Him. Only the pure in heart could abide in His presence."[/b][/u]

I want to encourage you to join with me and pray this prayer...." Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities. Create in me a clean heart, O God;and renew a right spirit within me.Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me. Ps. 51:9-11

Only then when we fully surrender to Jesus and be forgiven and be covered with His Righteousness will we be ready to witness for Him and be ready to meet Him.

Dorine

« Reply #90 on: July 22, 2021, 08:17:05 AM »
Another inspiring, chapter. I was especially impressed with this thought provoking quote.

"As a prophet, John was "to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord." In preparing the way for Christ's first advent, he was a representative of those who are to prepare a people for our Lord's second coming. The world is given to self-indulgence. Errors and fables abound. Satan's snares for destroying souls are multiplied. All who would perfect holiness in the fear of God must learn the lessons of temperance and self-control. The appetites and passions must be held in subjection to the higher powers of the mind. This self-discipline is essential to that mental strength and spiritual insight which will enable us to understand and to practice the sacred truths of God's word. For this reason temperance finds its place in the work of preparation for Christ's second coming."

The only power we have is in the choices we make to either obey God or not. When we choose to obey God He immediately gives us the power to do as He requires. If we are to give this message to the church and the world we must first live it through the grace and strength of the Holy Spirit. This takes constant diligence and discipline to stay focused and surrendered to Jesus so that our choice will always be to willingly serve and obey Him.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #91 on: July 22, 2021, 08:40:08 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon and Sister Dorine!

As we learn our continual need of Jesus to do any good thing as we see our natural inefficiency and unworthiness, we will be able to be fearless amid changing surroundings because we have allowed the love of God to fill our hearts and minds as we behold the King in His beauty as did John who was called to prepare for Jesus' first advent, like how God has His people to give the present truth message to prepare for the second coming of Jesus!

"He looked upon the King in His beauty, and self was forgotten. He beheld the majesty of holiness, and felt himself to be inefficient and unworthy. He was ready to go forth as Heaven's messenger, unawed by the human, because he had looked upon the Divine. He could stand erect and fearless in the presence of earthly monarchs, because he had bowed low before the King of kings." {The Desire of Ages, page 103, paragraph 3}

Let self be lost in Jesus today. Behold Him and become changed into His image and character, a character that is manifest in all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing in wholehearted affectionate obedience to God!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #92 on: July 22, 2021, 01:58:32 PM »
Amen Pastor Sean! By beholding such love our hearts are broken and fully surrendered to Him who gave all that we might live. Over and over again we read of the requirements for entrance heaven. You would think that all would understand. Why do they not? Because spiritual things are spiritually discerned. The Laodicean does not know he is blind and cannot understand. How many times do we hear that we are sinners who cannot keep the law of God. Our defects of character will be removed when probation closes for all. In other words we cannot be holy and undefiled because of our fallen nature.

"And now also," said the prophet, "the ax is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire." Not by its name, but by its fruit, is the value of a tree determined. If the fruit is worthless, the name cannot save the tree from destruction. John declared to the Jews that their standing before God was to be decided by their character and life. Profession was worthless. If their life and character were not in harmony with God's law, they were not His people. 

Our lives and character must be in harmony with the laws of God.

John proclaimed the coming of the Messiah, and called the people to repentance. As a symbol of cleansing from sin, he baptized them in the waters of the Jordan. Thus by a significant object lesson he declared that those who claimed to be the chosen people of God were defiled by sin, and that without purification of heart and life they could have no part in the Messiah's kingdom.

Yes, we must be cleansed from sin and the heart must be purified (which happens at true conversion). Don't listen to the arm of flesh without comparing the teaching to the Bible. Know that it means to be converted by reading  inspired writings, not the utterances of man.

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Beacon

« Reply #93 on: October 17, 2021, 01:39:28 AM »
"Because he had looked upon the Divine. He, John the Baptist, could stand erect and fearless in the presence of earthly monarchs, because he had bowed low before the King of kings."

What an important principle is brought out in the above brief sentence. There is a very important lesson taught in this brief but absolutely necessary sentence if we claim to be the " Children of God " and that is this....

"YOU CANNOT GIVE WHAT YOU HAVE NOT GOT"

We claim to be followers of Jesus and we say and believe that without Jesus in our lives, WE AN CANNOT DO ANY GOOD THING. We also know that a terrible time of persecution is about to unleash upon God's End Time Church. We must "now" take seriously what is says in the opening sentence of this quote if we will be a strong solid unbending witness for our Lord and Savior.

"Because he had looked upon the Divine. He could stand erect and fearless in the presence of earthly monarchs. Because he had bowed low before the King of kings."

May God grant that through the power of the Holy Spirit,  that our hearts and lives will also be empowered to be a strong witness for Jesus as was His messenger, John the Baptist.

Dorine

« Reply #94 on: October 17, 2021, 05:30:15 AM »
"All who became the subjects of Christ's kingdom, he said, would give evidence of faith and repentance. Kindness, honesty, and fidelity would be seen in their lives. They would minister to the needy, and bring their offerings to God. They would shield the defenseless, and give an example of virtue and compassion. So the followers of Christ will give evidence of the transforming power of the Holy Spirit. In the daily life, justice, mercy, and the love of God will be seen. Otherwise they are like the chaff that is given to the fire."

His message is the same for us today. He puts forth a very high standard that man of himself cannot attain. We need Jesus in the heart so that our words and deeds will show what it means to be a child of God and a member of His kingdom. As we keep our eyes on Jesus He will transform our characters and Jesus will live His life in us through the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. Only then will we possess all the fruit of the Spirit without any one of them missing.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #95 on: October 17, 2021, 08:00:38 AM »
Amen Sister Dorine and Brother Beacon!! If this chapter does not reveal to the reader that God will cleanse sinners of their sin, then nothing will until they are truly converted. Those who believe and teach that God puts His righteousness over unconfessed and unforsaken sins need to study this chapter. They are those who teach that we cannot keep God's commandments.

The prophet Isaiah had declared that the Lord would cleanse His people from their iniquities "by the spirit of judgment, and by the spirit of burning." The word of the Lord to Israel was, "I will turn My hand upon thee, and purely purge away thy dross, and take away all thy tin." Isaiah 4:4; 1:25. To sin, wherever found, "our God is a consuming fire." Hebrews 12:29. In all who submit to His power the Spirit of God will consume sin. But if men cling to sin, they become identified with it. Then the glory of God, which destroys sin, must destroy them. Jacob, after his night of wrestling with the Angel, exclaimed, "I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved." Genesis 32:30. Jacob had been guilty of a great sin in his conduct toward Esau; but he had repented. His transgression had been forgiven, and his sin purged; therefore he could endure the revelation of God's presence. But wherever men came before God while willfully cherishing evil, they were destroyed. At the second advent of Christ the wicked shall be consumed "with the Spirit of His mouth," and destroyed "with the brightness of His coming." 2 Thessalonians 2:8. The light of the glory of God, which imparts life to the righteous, will slay the wicked.
     In the time of John the Baptist, Christ was about to appear as the revealer of the character of God. His very presence would make manifest to men their sin. Only as they were willing to be purged from sin could they enter into fellowship with Him. Only the pure in heart could abide in His presence.

Amen. In order to have a pure heart we must surrender the whole heart. Then the heart will be filled with the Holy Spirit, thus the truly converted are partakers of God's divine nature and will keep all of the law to the degree they know it. Those who sin a known sin do not have the Holy Spirit, neither do they have eternal life. But, today we still have a Mediator who will forgive sin for all who are truly repentant. Repentance comes from seeing the goodness of God.

A tree is known by its fruit. Bad fruit (sin) does not come from a good tree. Good fruit can only come from a good tree.  Many, so very many do not read Desire of Ages to know God. If they did, they would understand that grace received into the heart transforms sinners into saints. Saints reflect the holiness of Christ, the character of Christ as we read in 2 Cor. 3:18. We then can help prepare a people to receive Jesus. We are to be like John the Baptist.

John was to go forth as Jehovah's messenger, to bring to men the light of God. He must give a new direction to their thoughts. He must impress them with the holiness of God's requirements, and their need of His perfect righteousness. Such a messenger must be holy. He must be a temple for the indwelling Spirit of God. In order to fulfill his mission, he must have a sound physical constitution, and mental and spiritual strength. Therefore it would be necessary for him to control the appetites and passions. He must be able so to control all his powers that he could stand among men as unmoved by surrounding circumstances as the rocks and mountains of the wilderness.
     In the time of John the Baptist, greed for riches, and the love of luxury and display had become widespread. Sensuous pleasures, feasting and drinking, were causing physical disease and degeneracy, benumbing the spiritual perceptions, and lessening the sensibility to sin. John was to stand as a reformer. By his abstemious life and plain dress he was to rebuke the excesses of his time. Hence the directions given to the parents of John,--a lesson of temperance by an angel from the throne of heaven......

As a prophet, John was "to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord." In preparing the way for Christ's first advent, he was a representative of those who are to prepare a people for our Lord's second coming. The world is given to self-indulgence. Errors and fables abound. Satan's snares for destroying souls are multiplied. All who would perfect holiness in the fear of God must learn the lessons of temperance and self-control. The appetites and passions must be held in subjection to the higher powers of the mind. This self-discipline is essential to that mental strength and spiritual insight which will enable us to understand and to practice the sacred truths of God's word. For this reason temperance finds its place in the work of preparation for Christ's second coming. 

Yes, there are some things worthy of being repeated. And, this must be repeated over and over until we understand that Jesus cannot come until He has a people who have ceased to sin.

Beacon

« Reply #96 on: January 11, 2022, 08:07:39 PM »
"In all who submit to His power the Spirit of God will consume their sin."

"But if men cling to sin, they become identified with it. Then the glory of God, which destroys sin, must destroy them."

"Jacob, after his night of wrestling with the Angel, exclaimed, "I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved." Genesis 32:30.

"Jacob had been guilty of a great sin in his conduct toward Esau; but he had repented. His transgression had been forgiven, and his sin purged; therefore he could endure the revelation of God's presence."

" But wherever men came before God while willfully cherishing evil, they were destroyed."

" At the second advent of Christ the wicked shall be consumed "with the Spirit of His mouth," and destroyed "with the brightness of His coming." 2 Thessalonians 2:8. The light of the glory of God, which imparts life to the righteous, will slay the wicked."

" In the time of John the Baptist, Christ was about to appear as the revealer of the character of God."

"His very presence would make manifest to men their sin."

"Only as they were willing to be purged from sin could they enter into fellowship with Him."

"Only the pure in heart can abide in His presence." 

Dear Remnant Family, We are living in probationary time. Jesus is soon to come and when He completes the Investigative Judgement He will declare .....Revelation 22:11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still."

Lets make sure that we have made things right with our fellow man and with Him and then we will be able to hear Him say,.."Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world." Matthew 25:34

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #97 on: January 12, 2022, 07:52:03 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!!

John the Baptist is a good example of how to become selfless in character. By beholding Christ He forgot about self and went forward to point others to Jesus! As we look upon the sinless perfection of Christ, we also can be changed and transformed into His image with all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing! Then we can gladly obey God from a heart renewed by the Holy Spirit, following all the light of truth that is revealed upon our pathway!

We need not fear what man will say or do, but we are called to fear God and give glory to Him. As we do this, we become like our Savior and experience victory over sin through abiding union and communion with Christ! Let us praise God that we can have boldness in the day of judgment because we allow Christ to transform our characters!

Dorine

« Reply #98 on: January 14, 2022, 06:43:54 AM »
"To a people in whose hearts His law is written, the favor of God is assured. They are one with Him. But the Jews had separated themselves from God. Because of their sins they were suffering under His judgments. This was the cause of their bondage to a heathen nation. Their minds were darkened by transgression, and because in times past the Lord had shown them so great favor, they excused their sins. They flattered themselves that they were better than other men, and entitled to His blessings."

Why do so many prefer bondage over freedom when freedom is so accessible?  We have the lessons of the Jewish nation to realize the outcome of doing as we please. That's a slippery slope that takes you to the bottom of the vilest pit. Jesus offers us the most marvelous life if we but surrender out hearts to Him. Then He will abide in us through His Spirit and we become one with Him. No one can take that away from us except we ourselves choose another god. By God's grace I would not exchange the joy, peace and contentment I now possess for a world of honor, fame or fun.