Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--7--As a Child  (Read 21863 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Re: The Desire of Ages--7--As a Child
« Reply #80 on: July 19, 2021, 11:19:06 AM »
Amen, amen, amen and amen!!  Such powerful truth!!  We are learning from the example of Jesus which is clearly being pointed out. In this chapter we see why it is that we are pick up our cross and follow Jesus. He chose Nazareth as His home. We too will be blessed if we understand why and choose the same. The highest honor and the most weighty trust God has offered us is to partake in the sufferings of His Son. This is what will produce the moral character that will be seen in His church when He returns to take us home.

The childhood and youth of Jesus were spent in a little mountain village. There was no place on earth that would not have been honored by His presence. The palaces of kings would have been privileged in receiving Him as a guest. But He passed by the homes of wealth, the courts of royalty, and the renowned seats of learning, to make His home in obscure and despised Nazareth. 

If we are in such a condition, or grew up facing these challenges, why would it be good?

Christ was the only sinless one who ever dwelt on earth; yet for nearly thirty years He lived among the wicked inhabitants of Nazareth. This fact is a rebuke to those who think themselves dependent upon place, fortune, or prosperity, in order to live a blameless life. Temptation, poverty, adversity, is the very discipline needed to develop purity and firmness.

Of course we need more than trials, we need God.

Every child may gain knowledge as Jesus did. As we try to become acquainted with our heavenly Father through His word, angels will draw near, our minds will be strengthened, our characters will be elevated and refined. We shall become more like our Saviour. And as we behold the beautiful and grand in nature, our affections go out after God. While the spirit is awed, the soul is invigorated by coming in contact with the Infinite through His works. Communion with God through prayer develops the mental and moral faculties, and the spiritual powers strengthen as we cultivate thoughts upon spiritual things. 

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Beacon

« Reply #81 on: October 14, 2021, 06:41:28 AM »
"Every child may gain knowledge as Jesus did."

"As we try to become acquainted with our heavenly Father through His word, angels will draw near, our minds will be strengthened, our characters will be elevated and refined. We shall become more like our Saviour. And as we behold the beautiful and grand in nature, our affections go out after God."

"While the spirit is awed, the soul is invigorated by coming in contact with the Infinite through His works."

"Communion with God through prayer develops the mental and moral faculties, and the spiritual powers strengthen as we cultivate thoughts upon spiritual things."

How wonderfully different it would be if every parent would follow the counsel of God in How, When and Where to raise their children!
Look up and listen for the shout.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #82 on: October 14, 2021, 09:12:53 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!

See the simplicity of the life of Jesus! Rest in the reality of who He is by surrendering your entire heart to Him! Then He reveals through you all of the fruit of the Spirit without one missing!

“The childhood and youth of Jesus were spent in a little mountain village. There was no place on earth that would not have been honored by His presence. The palaces of kings would have been privileged in receiving Him as a guest. But He passed by the homes of wealth, the courts of royalty, and the renowned seats of learning, to make His home in obscure and despised Nazareth.”  {The Desire of Ages, page 68, paragraph 1}

No matter how obscure your physical location, if you are connected to Jesus, He will make the path of life clear towards heaven! See Psalm 16:11!!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Dorine

« Reply #83 on: October 14, 2021, 03:39:35 PM »
"The parents of Jesus were poor, and dependent upon their daily toil. He was familiar with poverty, self-denial, and privation. This experience was a safeguard to Him. In His industrious life there were no idle moments to invite temptation. No aimless hours opened the way for corrupting associations. So far as possible, He closed the door to the tempter. Neither gain nor pleasure, applause nor censure, could induce Him to consent to a wrong act. He was wise to discern evil, and strong to resist it."

Here is the key to healthy, happy, godly children and youth who grow into adults that possess the character of God and bring glory to Him. Without that start in life the battles of temptation are much more intense but not impossible to overcome when we give all to Jesus.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #84 on: October 14, 2021, 07:17:49 PM »
Amen, amen, and amen!! Such wonderful truths!!

Again, some things ought to be repeated. As Brother Beacon shared, I must again share the same truth. There is so much involved:

Thus to Jesus the significance of the word and the works of God was unfolded, as He was trying to understand the reason of things. Heavenly beings were His attendants, and the culture of holy thoughts and communings was His. From the first dawning of intelligence He was constantly growing in spiritual grace and knowledge of truth.
     Every child may gain knowledge as Jesus did. As we try to become acquainted with our heavenly Father through His word, angels will draw near, our minds will be strengthened, our characters will be elevated and refined. We shall become more like our Saviour. And as we behold the beautiful and grand in nature, our affections go out after God. While the spirit is awed, the soul is invigorated by coming in contact with the Infinite through His works. Communion with God through prayer develops the mental and moral faculties, and the spiritual powers strengthen as we cultivate thoughts upon spiritual things. 

Lesson one: Jesus was the creator of heaven and Earth. He understood all. But, when He came to this dark spot in the universe, He knew nothing. He gained knowledge as we must. "He was trying to understand the reason of things." And so He did prior to dying on the cross. How do we know? Because He last Words were "It is finished." The angels knew not what that meant, but He did.

Lesson two: As we do as did the young Jesus, we may also have our minds strengthened and our characters will be elevated and refined. God is not going to wave a wand at the final atonement and perfect our characters. No, our characters are the result of habits formed by obedience through the power of an indwelling Saviour. The thief on the cross had little time to develop a character that measures with the character of Daniel or Moses. He did not develop habits over many many years.  Yet, his character was perfected in that his motives were pure and holy when he surrendered all to Christ. So it may be with all who love God supremely.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Beacon

« Reply #85 on: January 08, 2022, 08:18:25 PM »
"From the first dawning of intelligence He was constantly growing in spiritual grace and knowledge of truth."

"Every child may gain knowledge as Jesus did."

"As we try to become acquainted with our heavenly Father through His word, angels will draw near, our minds will be strengthened, our characters will be elevated and refined."

"We shall become more like our Saviour."

"As we behold the beautiful and grand in nature, our affections go out after God. While the spirit is awed, the soul is invigorated by coming in contact with the Infinite through His works."

"Communion with God through prayer develops the mental and moral faculties...,

"And the spiritual powers strengthen as we cultivate thoughts upon spiritual things."

Here we find wonderful example by Jesus on how to experience a dynamic walk with God. The question is...
  Are we willing to follow His example? Remember "He who fails to prepare - prepares to fail! "

As the days go by, and months turn to years,
So much time I’ve lost, a slave to my fears.
Jesus! Dear Lord, to You I would pray;
When the morning comes, let me not waste this day.
When I walk with You, my spirit is bright,
And I’m covered in Your radiant light.
Remind me Lord, just to look on Your face,
If I turn away, bring me back to Your grace.
While I’m waiting for the sun in my sky,
I will call on You, to be my supply.
Jesus! Dear Lord, though life takes its toll,
I just ask of You, be forever my goal.

Lyrics:N. W.
Music:N. W.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #86 on: January 09, 2022, 07:08:13 AM »
Amen Brother Beacon!! May we each day come back for more of God's grace!!

What important lessons we can learn from the growth of Jesus. He grew as we may do so, as Brother Beacon has pointed out.

The child Jesus did not receive instruction in the synagogue schools. His mother was His first human teacher. From her lips and from the scrolls of the prophets, He learned of heavenly things. The very words which He Himself had spoken to Moses for Israel He was now taught at His mother's knee. As He advanced from childhood to youth, He did not seek the schools of the rabbis. He needed not the education to be obtained from such sources; for God was His instructor.
     The question asked during the Saviour's ministry, "How knoweth this man letters, having never learned?" does not indicate that Jesus was unable to read, but merely that He had not received a rabbinical education. John 7:15. Since He gained knowledge as we may do, His intimate acquaintance with the Scriptures shows how diligently His early years were given to the study of God's word. And spread out before Him was the great library of God's created works. He who had made all things studied the lessons which His own hand had written in earth and sea and sky. Apart from the unholy ways of the world, He gathered stores of scientific knowledge from nature. He studied the life of plants and animals, and the life of man. From His earliest years He was possessed of one purpose; He lived to bless others. For this He found resources in nature; new ideas of ways and means flashed into His mind as He studied plant life and animal life. Continually He was seeking to draw from things seen illustrations by which to present the living oracles of God.

Philip T

« Reply #87 on: January 09, 2022, 07:34:54 AM »
   Throughout His life on earth, Jesus was an earnest and constant worker. He expected much; therefore He attempted much. After He had entered on His ministry, He said, "I must work the works of Him that sent Me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work." John 9:4. Jesus did not shirk care and responsibility, as do many who profess to be His followers. It is because they seek to evade this discipline that so many are weak and inefficient. They may possess precious and amiable traits, but they are nerveless and almost useless when difficulties are to be met or obstacles surmounted. The positiveness and energy, the solidity and strength of character, manifested in Christ are to be developed in us, through the same discipline that He endured. And the grace that He received is for us.

Startling statement, just as Jesus worked untiringly for His fellow mankind, we are to work for those around us to bring them to the Savior, it is only through this work that we develop strong characters and will be able to stand in times of trial and temptation.
Character is the only thing we take to heaven at the second advent that is not changed, so if it is not polished and ready, we will be destroyed at that wonderful event.

Dorine

« Reply #88 on: January 10, 2022, 04:13:36 AM »
"Jesus is our example. There are many who dwell with interest upon the period of His public ministry, while they pass unnoticed the teaching of His early years. But it is in His home life that He is the pattern for all children and youth. The Saviour condescended to poverty, that He might teach how closely we in a humble lot may walk with God. He lived to please, honor, and glorify His Father in the common things of life. His work began in consecrating the lowly trade of the craftsmen who toil for their daily bread. He was doing God's service just as much when laboring at the carpenter's bench as when working miracles for the multitude. And every youth who follows Christ's example of faithfulness and obedience in His lowly home may claim those words spoken of Him by the Father through the Holy Spirit, "Behold My Servant, whom I uphold; Mine Elect, in whom My soul delighteth." Isaiah 42:1.

From the cradle to the grave Jesus is showing us through His example the people we are to be through Him.  He has promised to be with us every step of the way if we will give our hearts to Him and call upon Him for help in our daily lives. There is no more exhausting yet rewarding experience than to be a parent. A tiny infant in it's mother's arms is affected and influenced by her moods and body language. Jesus offers to give her peace and wisdom in raising her child for Him when she has Jesus residing in her heart. It's a beautiful relationship that brings stability and happiness to the family and is an example for other families.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Beacon

« Reply #89 on: April 05, 2022, 08:05:45 PM »
"Jesus did not shirk care and responsibility, as do many who profess to be His followers."

"It is because they seek to evade this discipline that so many are weak and inefficient."

"They may possess precious and amiable traits, but they are nerveless and almost useless when difficulties are to be met or obstacles surmounted."

"The positiveness and energy, the solidity and strength of character, manifested in Christ are to be developed in us, through the same discipline that He endured."

"And the grace that He received is for us."

The Bible says---In John 9:4 "
" I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work."

Are "You" - "Am I "  WILLING TO WORK WHILE IT IS DAY???

=======================

Work, for the night is coming,
Work through the morning hours;
Work while the dew is sparkling,
Work ’mid springing flowers;
Work when the day grows brighter,
Work in the glowing sun;
When man’s work is done.
Work through the sunny noon;
Fill brightest hours with labor,
Rest comes sure and soon.
Give every flying minute,
Something to keep in store;
When man works no more.
Under the sunset skies;
While their bright tints are glowing,
Work, for daylight flies.
Work till the last beam fadeth,
Fadeth to shine no more;
Work, while the night is darkening,
When man’s work is o’er.

Lyrics:Anna Louisa Walker Coghill (1836-1907) bio
Music:Lowell Mason (1792-1872)

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #90 on: April 06, 2022, 04:37:22 AM »
It is not your circumstances, but rather your character, that really makes the difference in life!

"Christ was the only sinless one who ever dwelt on earth; yet for nearly thirty years He lived among the wicked inhabitants of Nazareth. This fact is a rebuke to those who think themselves dependent upon place, fortune, or prosperity, in order to live a blameless life. Temptation, poverty, adversity, is the very discipline needed to develop purity and firmness." {The Desire of Ages, page 72, paragraph 2}

When God allows us to go through trial and tribulation, let us praise Him who so loves us in allowing us to grow in character by having habitual thoughts and feelings upon God in love and affection who so loved us as to come to this earth to live, suffer and die to redeem us and rise from the dead so we also may have victory and eternal life in Him, too! At true conversion, all of the fruits of the Spirit come into the character without one missing, and will keep growing as we walk with Jesus in complete surrender of all we have and are, gladly obeying His law from a new heart!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Dorine

« Reply #91 on: April 06, 2022, 04:53:20 AM »
"Christ was the only sinless one who ever dwelt on earth; yet for nearly thirty years He lived among the wicked inhabitants of Nazareth. This fact is a rebuke to those who think themselves dependent upon place, fortune, or prosperity, in order to live a blameless life. Temptation, poverty, adversity, is the very discipline needed to develop purity and firmness."

What a beautiful chapter on the child Jesus. I kept changing my mind about what stood out to me the most. It just kept getting better. I chose the one I did because it states an important principal for young and old. ...."Temptation, poverty, adversity, is the very discipline needed to develop purity and firmness." We read how Satan was relentless in his effort to bring Jesus down but because of the constant connection Jesus had with His Father He was protected. We too may have that same protection. Our problem is that we so often take our eyes off of Jesus and we fall. Praise God He never forsakes us but pities us and invites us to return. The closer we are to Christ the easier it is to hear the voice of the Holy Spirit and recognize our failure and quickly repent and return to the protection of God's care.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #92 on: April 06, 2022, 10:30:07 PM »
The Holy Spirit is drawing us closer and closer as we become united in doctrine as well as Spirit.

Christ was the only sinless one who ever dwelt on earth; yet for nearly thirty years He lived among the wicked inhabitants of Nazareth. This fact is a rebuke to those who think themselves dependent upon place, fortune, or prosperity, in order to live a blameless life. Temptation, poverty, adversity, is the very discipline needed to develop purity and firmness. 

Three out of four and four says this:   "The positiveness and energy, the solidity and strength of character, manifested in Christ are to be developed in us, through the same discipline that He endured."

Such a blessing!! And we receive it every day!!

Beacon

« Reply #93 on: July 01, 2022, 08:52:40 PM »
"Jesus is our example."

"There are many who dwell with interest upon the period of His public ministry, while they pass unnoticed the teaching of His early years."

"But it is in His home life that He is the pattern for all children and youth."

"The Saviour condescended to poverty, that He might teach how closely we in a humble lot may walk with God."

"He lived to please, honor, and glorify His Father in the common things of life."

"His work began in consecrating the lowly trade of the craftsmen who toil for their daily bread."

"He was doing God's service just as much when laboring at the carpenter's bench as when working miracles for the multitude."

What a " GREAT EXAMPLE " Jesus has given for all of us to follow. We, in our humanity have a tendency to give more Social and Religious status to a minister who has a Doctor of Divinity degree from some Prestigious Institution of "Higher Learning", than the Local Elder who's life  also demonstrates that he has a close walk with Jesus and is "FILLED" by the power of the Holy Spirit. It would do all of us well to review the backgrounds of the men whom Jesus Called to Church Leadership before He returned to His Heavenly Father and by Anointing them with Holy Spirit Power which He offers to "ALL" who are willing.

We "ALL" need to be consecrated, Holy Spirit filled members of the Family of God because, God has a work for "ALL" of us to do for Him and He makes it possible "if" we are willing to be filled with the gifts of the Holy Spirit and be a living testimony of His Love and Grace to all Mankind. Are "WE" willing to Be " Active "Laboring Laborers in the vineyard of the Lord? 

========================
Sowing in the morning, sowing seeds of kindness,
Sowing in the noontide and the dewy eve;
Waiting for the harvest, and the time of reaping,
We shall come rejoicing, bringing in the sheaves.
    Bringing in the sheaves, bringing in the sheaves,
We shall come rejoicing, bringing in the sheaves;
Bringing in the sheaves, bringing in the sheaves,
Sowing in the sunshine, sowing in the shadows,
Fearing neither clouds nor winter’s chilling breeze;
By and by, the harvest and the labor ended,
Going forth with weeping, sowing for the Master,
Tho’, the loss sustained, our spirit often grieves;
When our weeping’s over, He will bid us welcome,

Lyrics:Knowles Shaw (1834-1878)
Music:George A. Minor (1845 -1904 )

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #94 on: July 02, 2022, 03:40:01 AM »
Happy Sabbath to all! Let us behold Jesus and become like Him in mind and character, growing in grace and knowledge of the truth for this time! As we share the Three Angels' Messages (Revelation 14:6-12) with the world, let us do it reflecting the character of Christ (Revelation 14:1-5)!

"As a child, Jesus manifested a peculiar loveliness of disposition. His willing hands were ever ready to serve others. He manifested a patience that nothing could disturb, and a truthfulness that would never sacrifice integrity. In principle firm as a rock, His life revealed the grace of unselfish courtesy." {The Desire of Ages, page 68, paragraph 3}

Jesus will abide in the heart that is fully yielded to Him, and all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing will flow through the life to bless others as we let our Savior lead us this day in His ideal will! May you be blessed in His happy presence today! Jesus' presence is the only source of true, lasting happiness!

Dorine

« Reply #95 on: July 02, 2022, 06:03:02 AM »
"Jesus carried into His labor cheerfulness and tact. It requires much patience and spirituality to bring Bible religion into the home life and into the workshop, to bear the strain of worldly business, and yet keep the eye single to the glory of God. This is where Christ was a helper. He was never so full of worldly care as to have no time or thought for heavenly things. Often He expressed the gladness of His heart by singing psalms and heavenly songs. Often the dwellers in Nazareth heard His voice raised in praise and thanksgiving to God. He held communion with heaven in song; and as His companions complained of weariness from labor, they were cheered by the sweet melody from His lips. His praise seemed to banish the evil angels, and, like incense, fill the place with fragrance. The minds of His hearers were carried away from their earthly exile, to the heavenly home."   

Such a sweet example we see in Jesus as a child. As we abide in Him we too will be the same. He wants all to know that no matter what circumstances we may find ourselves in we have a friend that will give us the spirit of love, and concern always ready to help those in need. He puts a longing in my heart to be just like Him.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #96 on: July 02, 2022, 08:10:45 AM »
A short reading today, but of great importance.  Jesus is our subsitute in that all have sinned and cannot pay the price for those sins. Jesus perfected a righteousness that stands in place of our life of sin. But, in today's reading we do not read of this. What then are we to learn? The same thing found in every chapter and throughout the Bible. Jesus came to pay the price for our sins and give us and example of what we are to  become if we will surrender the whole heart.

In today's reading we find that the mother's work in the childhood of her child is an opportunity for the child to grow in grace as did Jesus. A foundation of moral character is formed by age six. What a privilege for mothers!

With deep earnestness the mother of Jesus watched the unfolding of His powers, and beheld the impress of perfection upon His character....
Fathers and mothers were to instruct their children that the law of God is an expression of His character, and that as they received the principles of the law into the heart, the image of God was traced on mind and soul.....
Every child may gain knowledge as Jesus did. As we try to become acquainted with our heavenly Father through His word, angels will draw near, our minds will be strengthened, our characters will be elevated and refined. We shall become more like our Saviour....
 Jesus was placed where His character would be tested. It was necessary for Him to be constantly on guard in order to preserve His purity. He was subject to all the conflicts which we have to meet, that He might be an example to us in childhood, youth, and manhood....
He lived among the wicked inhabitants of Nazareth. This fact is a rebuke to those who think themselves dependent upon place, fortune, or prosperity, in order to live a blameless life. Temptation, poverty, adversity, is the very discipline needed to develop purity and firmness.....
The positiveness and energy, the solidity and strength of character, manifested in Christ are to be developed in us, through the same discipline that He endured. And the grace that He received is for us....
 Jesus is our example.

Beacon

« Reply #97 on: September 25, 2022, 08:03:04 PM »
"Jesus was placed where His character would be tested."

"It was necessary for Him to be constantly on guard in order to preserve His purity."

"He was subject to all the conflicts which we have to meet, that He might be an example to us in childhood, youth, and manhood.
"

"He lived among the wicked inhabitants of Nazareth."

"This fact is a rebuke to those who think themselves dependent upon place, fortune, or prosperity, in order to live a blameless life."

"Temptation, poverty, adversity, is the very discipline needed to develop purity and firmness."

"The positiveness and energy, the solidity and strength of character, manifested in Christ are to be developed in us, through the same discipline that He endured."

"And the grace that He received is for us."

What a wonderful precious promise is in the last sentence above. Let us look to Jesus the Author and Finisher of our faith. Jesus is our example. Are "WE" willing to follow His example???

==============================

O soul, are you weary and troubled?
No light in the darkness you see?
There’s light for a look at the Savior,
And life more abundant and free.
    Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
  In the light of His glory and grace.
Through death into life everlasting
He passed, and we follow Him there;
O’er us sin no more hath dominion
For more than conqu’rors we are!
His Word shall not fail you, He promised;
Believe Him and all will be well;
Then go to a world that is dying,
His perfect salvation to tell!

Lyrics & Music:Helen Howarth Lemmel (1863-1961)

Philip T

« Reply #98 on: September 26, 2022, 08:38:37 AM »
    The child Jesus did not receive instruction in the synagogue schools. His mother was His first human teacher. From her lips and from the scrolls of the prophets, He learned of heavenly things. The very words which He Himself had spoken to Moses for Israel He was now taught at His mother's knee. As He advanced from childhood to youth, He did not seek the schools of the rabbis. He needed not the education to be obtained from such sources; for God was His instructor.

As I read this morning, I was struck by the tremendous responsibility and influence mothers/parents have on their children, and we see the importance and influence they have by how and what they teach their children. We see this throughout scripture:
1) Hanana with Samuel.
2) Jochebed with Moses.
3) Elezabeth with John the Baptist.
4) Bernice and Eunice with Timothy.
Under the unction of the Holy Spirit how to teach children by parents and others within God's family, will prepare children for their adult lives. The books of nature and scripture are to be their textbooks.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #99 on: September 27, 2022, 03:30:36 AM »
What a blessing, Brother Beacon and Brother Philip, to focus on Jesus!! His grace is sufficient for us!!

Praise the Lord for Jesus who is offering us His experience! We can rejoice in Him always and walk by grace through faith in His word! As we surrender the whole heart to Him, all of the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives without one missing as we are empowered to obey God from the new heart He gives us!

"Jesus carried into His labor cheerfulness and tact. It requires much patience and spirituality to bring Bible religion into the home life and into the workshop, to bear the strain of worldly business, and yet keep the eye single to the glory of God. This is where Christ was a helper. He was never so full of worldly care as to have no time or thought for heavenly things. Often He expressed the gladness of His heart by singing psalms and heavenly songs. Often the dwellers in Nazareth heard His voice raised in praise and thanksgiving to God. He held communion with heaven in song; and as His companions complained of weariness from labor, they were cheered by the sweet melody from His lips. His praise seemed to banish the evil angels, and, like incense, fill the place with fragrance. The minds of His hearers were carried away from their earthly exile, to the heavenly home." {The Desire of Ages, page 73, paragraph 3}

We are traveling through this life on the way to heaven as we let Jesus lead us day by day! Choose to follow His pattern of life to be wrought into your character building experience, and trust Him to direct your steps in the way of blessedness! Jesus is coming again, and oh how He loves to see us forming characters by His grace that reflect His image, for by beholding we become changed!