Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--6--We Have Seen His Star  (Read 21852 times)

JimB

• Servant
  • Assistant Administrator
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
Re: The Desire of Ages--6--We Have Seen His Star
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2018, 04:52:46 AM »
"When they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary His mother, and fell down, and worshiped Him." Beneath the lowly guise of Jesus, they recognized the presence of Divinity. They gave their hearts to Him as their Saviour, and then poured out their gifts,--"gold, and frankincense, and myrrh." What a faith was theirs! It might have been said of the wise men from the East, as afterward of the Roman centurion, "I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel." Matthew 8:10.

I have a couple of thoughts on this. First, can you imagine foreign "heathens" giving their whole hearts to a baby?? What love they must have felt for Him!! Second, this makes me wonder sometimes (and I realize that my wording will make me sound like an evangelical) if we shouldn't be aiming our evangelistic efforts at the "un-churched". I only say this because if you read the gospels it seems that many of gentiles believed long before any of the jews did. I could be wrong.
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2018, 07:14:40 AM »
Amen, Jim! God is seeking to draw all to be saved, and many who have had little light gladly receive more, while those who have had great light and disregard it are often less receptive to more, because their characters are unprepared to receive it. We are to labor for all souls (as Jesus' life reveals), but it is beautiful that here at the beginning of His life God brought the wise men from the east, much in parallel to how the Greeks from the west accept Him as the Messiah right before His death (see John 12). I love the faith experience of the wise men--and it shows us that true wisdom is simply following the call of God wherever and however He leads!!

"As by faith Abraham went forth at the call of God, 'not knowing whither he went' (Hebrews 11:8 ); as by faith Israel followed the pillar of cloud to the Promised Land, so did these Gentiles go forth to find the promised Saviour. The Eastern country abounded in precious things, and the magi did not set out empty-handed. It was the custom to offer presents as an act of homage to princes or other personages of rank, and the richest gifts the land afforded were borne as an offering to Him in whom all the families of the earth were to be blessed. It was necessary to journey by night in order to keep the star in view; but the travelers beguiled the hours by repeating traditional sayings and prophetic utterances concerning the One they sought. At every pause for rest they searched the prophecies; and the conviction deepened that they were divinely guided. While they had the star before them as an outward sign, they had also the inward evidence of the Holy Spirit, which was impressing their hearts, and inspiring them with hope. The journey, though long, was a happy one to them." {The Desire of Ages, page 60, paragraph 2}

The journey of our experience may seem long at times as we seek to follow the call God has upon our lives, but God will not disappoint those who put their trust in Him. We can rest assured that if we are following the Scriptures, the indications of providence, and the leading of the Holy Spirit, that the journey--however long--may be happy and joyful!! Jesus is coming soon!! This will be the greatest fruition of our hopes!! 
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2018, 11:01:30 AM »
Your are absolutely correct, Jim. It is the lost that we are looking to save. While we are to call the honest of heart out of Babylon, we are to search everywhere for those who have not received the knowledge of God. While America has a Protestant heritage, we are now two or three generations removed from practicing Christianity. We have spend a lot of time and energy ministering to the church. Now that we have established the gospel truth in the church, we must spend more time working with those who have not been exposed to the truth. The "right arm" of the gospel will reach those who have no connection or interest in God. We are to plow the ground before we plant the Seed.

We need to spend more time now at lifeofjesus.review.

I saw something interesting this morning. Our love for Jesus and our heavenly Father will deepen as we realize the risk taken by God in allowing Jesus to come to this dark blot in the universe. Satan hated Christ in heaven when he was dethroned. He hated Him more when He pledged Himself to redeem a race of sinners. Yet it was into this world where Satan claimed dominion that Jesus came a helpless babe subject to the weakness of humanity to fight the battle of life as we must fight it.....at the risk of failure and eternal loss. Imagine the sorrow and pain that our Father endured as He considered this risk! Do we stop and consider what Jesus had to endure all of His time on this planet? From His time in the womb til His death, He and our heavenly Father suffered.

Such was the Saviour's reception when He came to the earth. There seemed to be no place of rest or safety for the infant Redeemer. God could not trust His beloved Son with men, even while carrying forward His work for their salvation. He commissioned angels to attend Jesus and protect Him till He should accomplish His mission on earth, and die by the hands of those whom He came to save.

How very sad!!  I was sharing with a fellow Christian from another denomination yesterday what it is that saves sinners, grace. I asked if Jesus could have sinned, in an effort to reveal the risk taken. But, I could not share that truth, for the answer came back, "no" Jesus could not have sinned.  :(    We do not half realized what God has entrusted to His church. It is the knowledge of God's character that we are to not only teach, but to reveal in our own lives daily.

Jesus is coming so very soon! Let us hasten that day!!

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Beacon

« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2019, 08:27:30 PM »
"The light of God is ever shining amid the darkness of heathenism. As these magi studied the starry heavens, and sought to fathom the mystery hidden in their bright paths, they beheld the glory of the Creator. Seeking clearer knowledge, they turned to the Hebrew Scriptures. In their own land were treasured prophetic writings that predicted the coming of a divine teacher. "

Isn't it soo amazing!! The God whom we serve who has the foreknowledge of all human history provided this knowledge aforementioned for such a time as this and the Magi realizing the value of this knowledge, researched it and took action to find the True Source of All Knowledge and Wisdom.

"Balaam belonged to the magicians, though at one time a prophet of God; by the Holy Spirit he had foretold the prosperity of Israel and the appearing of the Messiah; and his prophecies had been handed down by tradition from century to century. But in the Old Testament the Saviour's advent was more clearly revealed. The magi learned with joy that His coming was near, and that the whole world was to be filled with a knowledge of the glory of the Lord."

Dear Friends, God invites us ALL to come and with Joy find our Saviour " who will cleanse our hearts and save us from our sins " " Revelation 3:20 says..."Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me." Be of good courage we are almost home but Jesus needs us to be a faithful voice telling the story of His Amazing Grace and invite others to experience the joy that we found when we accepted Him is our Saviour, Redeemer & Friend. 
Look up and listen for the shout.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2019, 03:22:44 AM »
Divine efficiency is a true gift from God. When we surrender the whole heart to Jesus there is no limit to what He can do in our hearts and minds as we are abiding in Him by a living faith surrender so that all of the fruits of His Spirit are manifest in our lives! What a joy to abide in Jesus like the magi who came to worship Jesus! Let us offer Him our BEST!!!

"The offering from the heart that loves, God delights to honor, giving it highest efficiency in service for Him. If we have given our hearts to Jesus, we also shall bring our gifts to Him. Our gold and silver, our most precious earthly possessions, our highest mental and spiritual endowments, will be freely devoted to Him who loved us, and gave Himself for us." {The Desire of Ages, page 65, paragraph 2}

I am so happy in Jesus who came to this poor, dark speck of a world to give us eternal riches--to clothe us with His divinity and to enable us in our human weakness to do the deeds of omnipotence!!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2019, 09:00:19 AM »

Amen Pastor Sean!  God loves even the heathen!! He sends them prophets as well as His church. When His people do not appreciate the truth, He goes into the world and gives them light that is appreciated! So it was then, so it is today.

"The light of God is ever shining amid the darkness of heathenism. As these magi studied the starry heavens, and sought to fathom the mystery hidden in their bright paths, they beheld the glory of the Creator. Seeking clearer knowledge, they turned to the Hebrew Scriptures. In their own land were treasured prophetic writings that predicted the coming of a divine teacher. "

Isn't it soo amazing!! The God whom we serve who has the foreknowledge of all human history provided this knowledge aforementioned for such a time as this and the Magi realizing the value of this knowledge, researched it and took action to find the True Source of All Knowledge and Wisdom.

"Balaam belonged to the magicians, though at one time a prophet of God; by the Holy Spirit he had foretold the prosperity of Israel and the appearing of the Messiah; and his prophecies had been handed down by tradition from century to century. But in the Old Testament the Saviour's advent was more clearly revealed. The magi learned with joy that His coming was near, and that the whole world was to be filled with a knowledge of the glory of the Lord."

Even though the light was shining brightly in the world, it will always shine brightest in God's church. It is His method of leading the lost sheep into one fold. If the church does not appreciate the truth, then God will go into the world and bring new converts into His church. It is called evangelism, and God does not always wait for His church to do the work when they are sleeping or rejecting the truth.

Persecution is soon coming to the church. It will weed out the apostate leaders and new leaders will be chosen. The light is shining brightly upon God's church. His glory will penetrate the whole earth amid His church while the world is growing ever darker.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Beacon

« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2019, 04:44:45 PM »
"The light of God is ever shining amid the darkness of heathenism. As these magi studied the starry heavens, and sought to fathom the mystery hidden in their bright paths, they beheld the glory of the Creator. Seeking clearer knowledge, they turned to the Hebrew Scriptures. In their own land were treasured prophetic writings that predicted the coming of a divine teacher. Balaam belonged to the magicians, though at one time a prophet of God; by the Holy Spirit he had foretold the prosperity of Israel and the appearing of the Messiah; and his prophecies had been handed down by tradition from century to century. But in the Old Testament the Saviour's advent was more clearly revealed. The magi learned with joy that His coming was near, and that the whole world was to be filled with a knowledge of the glory of the Lord."

"Imagine That God's chosen people were asleep, but men from the East were seeking to know Him whom was drawing them!! And to them was granted the honor of seeing God in the flesh!!!"

"How is it with us today? Are we wanting to see Jesus? Are our thoughts of Him and our conversation about Him who gave all for us? Are we searching the Scriptures and setting aside things to prepare for His soon coming?"

I have chosen not to add any personal commentary today because I think the above paragraphs say it all. May the Holy Spirit Bless each of you today.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2019, 06:29:18 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!!

I am reminded of the hymn, "Give of Your Best to the Master" and I love how the wise men from the east gave their best! When we know God as it is our privilege to know Him, we will gladly yield the whole heart to Him to purify by the Holy Spirit, and then we will gladly put all we have and are in the worship of God and the blessing of souls to know Him!

"The magi had been among the first to welcome the Redeemer. Their gift was the first that was laid at His feet. And through that gift, what privilege of ministry was theirs! The offering from the heart that loves, God delights to honor, giving it highest efficiency in service for Him. If we have given our hearts to Jesus, we also shall bring our gifts to Him. Our gold and silver, our most precious earthly possessions, our highest mental and spiritual endowments, will be freely devoted to Him who loved us, and gave Himself for us."  {The Desire of Ages, page 65, paragraph 2}

Let us be "all in" for Jesus today to do His holy will. Let us be in the center of the perfect will of God by a continual surrender of the will to Christ!

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2019, 04:05:02 AM »
In communion with Christ in the early morning hours, I am refreshed by beholding Jesus' loveliness and how He drew hearts to Him--even in His infancy!

“'When they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary His mother, and fell down, and worshiped Him.' Beneath the lowly guise of Jesus, they recognized the presence of Divinity. They gave their hearts to Him as their Saviour, and then poured out their gifts,—'gold, and frankincense, and myrrh.' What a faith was theirs! It might have been said of the wise men from the East, as afterward of the Roman centurion, “I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.' Matthew 8:10.” {The Desire of Ages, page 63, paragraph 2}

Jesus' divinity ministered to the magi even in His early moments of His condescension as our Brother in humanity. I am so encouraged to think that at each stage in our Christian experience we may minister to others as long as the divine nature is flowing forth from our lives by a living faith surrender to Christ. "Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust" (2 Peter 1:4). Abiding in Christ who alone can make the heart and mind pure, all of the fruits of the Spirit will be manifest in our lives and not one will be missing. We will gladly obey all the light of God's law that has been revealed to us because we have been with Jesus, and we love Him who first loved us. What a great opportunity we have today to go forth to manifest a faith that will make Jesus marvel!

Beacon

« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2019, 12:21:26 PM »
"These learned teachers would not stoop to be instructed by those whom they termed heathen. It could not be, they said, that God had passed them by, to communicate with ignorant shepherds or uncircumcised Gentiles. They determined to show their contempt for the reports that were exciting King Herod and all Jerusalem. They would not even go to Bethlehem to see whether these things were so. And they led the people to regard the interest in Jesus as a fanatical excitement. Here began the rejection of Christ by the priests and rabbis. From this point their pride and stubbornness grew into a settled hatred of the Saviour. While God was opening the door to the Gentiles, the Jewish leaders were closing the door to themselves."

Might not the church of today be in the same danger.? God has given a special blessing to the Seventh-Day Adventis Church ( His Remnant People ) By the writings of His Messenger, Ellen G. White, to prepare our hearts and minds to be ready for His Second Coming. Many, Many times she used the words  " I was shown "....but today, sad to say, it seems evident to me that a very high number of members claiming to be members of the Remnant Seventh Day Adventist Church are not reading this counsel or even willing to listen to it being quoted from our pulpit. This ought not so to be!!

From the 1st paragraph above I repeat these words of WARNING!

"While God was opening the door to the Gentiles, the Jewish leaders were closing the door to themselves."

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #50 on: November 17, 2019, 05:17:11 AM »
What is faith? It is entire submission of the heart in wiling worship to the One who created us, motivated by His love and assured by His word. The magi who came to Jesus expressed such great faith--such simple, wholehearted joyful worship of Jesus, that their glad hearts are a beautiful example of what our faith experience may be as God reveals His will to us and we gladly follow His word and will!! Behold the loveliness of Jesus at each step in His life by faith and experience His transforming grace!!

"'When they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary His mother, and fell down, and worshiped Him.' Beneath the lowly guise of Jesus, they recognized the presence of Divinity. They gave their hearts to Him as their Saviour, and then poured out their gifts,--'gold, and frankincense, and myrrh.' What a faith was theirs! It might have been said of the wise men from the East, as afterward of the Roman centurion, 'I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.' Matthew 8:10." {The Desire of Ages, page 63, paragraph 2}

Go to Jesus and let Him have your whole heart! Choose to serve Him by putting your will on His side--the side of saving faith--and continue to appreciate all that Jesus is to you: a COMPLETE Savior!!! He restores His moral image in us and delivers us from sin that we may be delivered from death, and stand ready to meet Him in peace when He comes in power and great glory at His soon second coming!!!!

Dorine

« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2020, 07:10:01 AM »
The magi had been among the first to welcome the Redeemer. Their gift was the first that was laid at His feet. And through that gift, what privilege of ministry was theirs! The offering from the heart that loves, God delights to honor, giving it highest efficiency in service for Him. If we have given our hearts to Jesus, we also shall bring our gifts to Him. Our gold and silver, our most precious earthly possessions, our highest mental and spiritual endowments, will be freely devoted to Him who loved us, and gave Himself for us.

These magicians who had studied the heavens desiring to know more turned to the Hebrew scriptures. There they learned about the coming of the Messiah. They fell in love with the truth they were learning and determined to watch and wait for the soon appearance of this Messiah.

There are people outside our faith that have more love, respect and commitment to Christ then do many of our own. They may not understand the whole truth but they are living up to the truth they have and understand. God honors this devotion. Won't heaven be a wonderful place to meet and hear the stories of the saved. Love to our Saviour will cause us to give not only our whole hearts but will protect us from hoarding our earthly possessions. Everything we own belongs to Jesus to be used in His cause.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2020, 08:58:04 AM »
Amen, Sister Dorine!!

What a blessing to give our best to Jesus in EVERY area of life because He gave ALL He had for us, and continues to bless us beyond what we can ask or think!!

"The magi had been among the first to welcome the Redeemer. Their gift was the first that was laid at His feet. And through that gift, what privilege of ministry was theirs! The offering from the heart that loves, God delights to honor, giving it highest efficiency in service for Him. If we have given our hearts to Jesus, we also shall bring our gifts to Him. Our gold and silver, our most precious earthly possessions, our highest mental and spiritual endowments, will be freely devoted to Him who loved us, and gave Himself for us." {The Desire of Ages, page 65, paragraph 2}

I love how much joy Jesus floods our souls with as we do our best for Him through the strength and blessings He gave to us! "We love Him because He first loved us" (1 John 4:19). May we go forth to spread the love of Jesus in all the ways He leads us today!!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2020, 09:22:09 AM »

There are people outside our faith that have more love, respect and commitment to Christ then do many of our own. They may not understand the whole truth but they are living up to the truth they have and understand. God honors this devotion. Won't heaven be a wonderful place to meet and hear the stories of the saved. Love to our Saviour will cause us to give not only our whole hearts but will protect us from hoarding our earthly possessions. Everything we own belongs to Jesus to be used in His cause.

Amen!  I too was impressed with this truth.

The priests are rehearsing traditions. They extol their religion and their own piety, while they denounce the Greeks and Romans as heathen, and sinners above others. The wise men are not idolaters, and in the sight of God they stand far higher than do these, His professed worshipers; yet they are looked upon by the Jews as heathen. Even among the appointed guardians of the Holy Oracles their eager questionings touch no chord of sympathy. 

And this:

The wise men from the East were philosophers. They belonged to a large and influential class that included men of noble birth, and comprised much of the wealth and learning of their nation. Among these were many who imposed on the credulity of the people. Others were upright men who studied the indications of Providence in nature, and who were honored for their integrity and wisdom. Of this character were the wise men who came to Jesus. 

We need to be searching for all who are seeking truth no matter where they are.

Beacon

« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2020, 05:39:19 PM »
"The leaders of Israel would not even go to Bethlehem to see whether these things were so. And they led the people to regard the interest in Jesus as a fanatical excitement. Here began the rejection of Christ by the priests and rabbis. From this point their pride and stubbornness grew into a settled hatred of the Saviour. While God was opening the door to the Gentiles, the Jewish leaders were closing the door to themselves."

Might not the church of today be in the same danger.? God has given a special blessing to the Seventh-Day Adventis Church ( His Remnant People ) By the writings of His Messenger, Ellen G. White, to prepare our hearts and minds to be ready for His Second Coming. Many, Many times she used the words  " I was shown "....but today, sad to say, it seems evident to me that a very high number of members claiming to be members of the Remnant Seventh Day Adventist Church are not reading this counsel or even willing to listen to it being quoted from our pulpit. This ought not so to be!!

"While God was opening the door to the Gentiles, the Jewish leaders were closing the door to themselves."

Beacon

« Reply #55 on: May 08, 2020, 05:16:03 PM »
"The magi "learned with joy" that His coming was near, and that the whole world was to be filled with a knowledge of the glory of the Lord."

"..."God's chosen people were asleep", but men from the East were seeking to know Him whom was drawing them!! And to them was granted the honor of seeing God in the flesh!!!"

"How is it with us today? Are we wanting to see Jesus? Are our thoughts of Him and our conversation about Him who gave all for us? Are we searching the Scriptures and setting aside things to prepare for His soon coming?"

HAPPY SABBATH TO ALL GOD'S CHILDREN AROUND THE WORLD - MAY HIS BLESSINGS BE YOURS TODAY

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2020, 02:44:51 AM »
Praise the Lord, Brother Beacon, that we have the privilege of looking unto Jesus!!

Happy Sabbath to all, wherever you may be in this tiny planet we call home until Jesus takes us to heaven very soon!

I so appreciate the blessing of beholding Jesus. When I woke up this morning I was elated, happy in Jesus, and praising Him, looking forward to spending time with Him! When we get to know Jesus who loves us with a love that is infinite, our hearts will overflow with joyful adoration to Him! Oh, how I love Jesus!! May we sing our songs to Him from a heart that is bursting with the blessing of union and communion with Him! It is not hard when we spend hours with Jesus to have love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, meekness, goodness, faith and temperance flow through our lives by the Holy Spirit!! Not one of the fruits of the Spirit will be missing as we abide in Christ and yield the whole heart to Him, for Christ gives us such an experience with Him that we love to share what He is doing in our lives!! The magi who found Jesus (see Matthew 2) became witnesses for Him much like the centurion (see Matthew 8 and Luke 7) who simply trusted Christ's word! The magi offered their BEST because they believed He was GOD! Jesus is divine and we can come with our very best to God on this Sabbath, because He first loved us and gave Himself for us!! "We love Him because He first loved us" (1 John 4:19). Praise the Lord!!

"The magi had been among the first to welcome the Redeemer. Their gift was the first that was laid at His feet. And through that gift, what privilege of ministry was theirs! The offering from the heart that loves, God delights to honor, giving it highest efficiency in service for Him. If we have given our hearts to Jesus, we also shall bring our gifts to Him. Our gold and silver, our most precious earthly possessions, our highest mental and spiritual endowments, will be freely devoted to Him who loved us, and gave Himself for us." {The Desire of Ages, page 65, paragraph 2}

What better time in earth's history, right before Jesus returns, to put our ALL into His service! Let us give our best offerings, all of our opportunities, and allow every aspect of our lives to be in union and communion with Him--and the inevitable result is we will be His witnesses to a world that needs to see "Christ in you, the hope of glory" (Colossians 1:27), for this is the final mystery that must be "finished" (Revelation 10:7) before we see Christ return in the clouds of heaven!! We can be among those who, by putting our entire focus on the coming of Christ and being ever in His presence like Enoch, will be "looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat" (2 Peter 3:12). In other words, how you and I choose to use our time, talents and focus to be constantly with Jesus and to be His witnesses can actually help to hasten the time of His coming! Jesus is not waiting for another pandemic to hit the world or horrific disaster--no, He is longing, yearning and waiting for us to be among those who have appreciated what it means to be married to Him (see Jeremiah 3:14) and are described as how the Lamb's "wife hath made herself ready" (Revelation 19:7). Let us not waste even one moment--let us always be appreciating time as a treasure, and every talent and opportunity as of eternal significance for the revelation of Christ's character in and through our lives by the simple miracle that by beholding His loveliness, we become changed into His image from glory to glory (see 2 Corinthians 3:18).

Dorine

« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2020, 06:02:09 AM »
"Now pride and envy closed the door against the light. If the reports brought by the shepherds and the wise men were credited, they would place the priests and rabbis in a most unenviable position, disproving their claim to be the exponents of the truth of God. These learned teachers would not stoop to be instructed by those whom they termed heathen. It could not be, they said, that God had passed them by, to communicate with ignorant shepherds or uncircumcised Gentiles. They determined to show their contempt for the reports that were exciting King Herod and all Jerusalem. They would not even go to Bethlehem to see whether these things were so. And they led the people to regard the interest in Jesus as a fanatical excitement. Here began the rejection of Christ by the priests and rabbis........ While God was opening the door to the Gentiles, the Jewish leaders were closing the door to themselves."

Once we give allegiance to Satan it is almost impossible to turn around. Not because God is not willing to receive us but because we refuse to let go of pride through a full surrender to Him. Notice that it says..."From this point their pride and stubbornness grew into a settled hatred of the Saviour."
That should put terror in our hearts if we know we are hanging on to such attributes that led the priests and rabbi's to this end. May we each be continually settled into Jesus, walking by faith in His truth and love.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #58 on: August 04, 2020, 03:30:34 AM »
What is great faith? It is dependence upon the word of God to do what the word of God says it will do. "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God" (Romans 10:17). But what motivates the faith to become active in the life? Grace, or the infinite love of God extended to those who do not deserve it! "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them" (Ephesians 2:8-10). Though the magi did not deserve to be among the first to welcome the Savior to this world, they were open to what God had revealed to them, and they had an incredible experience in beholding the loveliness of Jesus in person! Oh, let us come Christ morning by morning, moment-by-moment, and in beholding His love let His faith lead us to give all we have to Him--yielding the whole heart so He may abide in us, cleansing us from all sin, and imbuing us with all of the fruits of the Spirit so not one is missing! Only as we abide in Christ by a continual surrender to Him is His saving grace through faith made active in our experience!!

"'When they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary His mother, and fell down, and worshiped Him.' Beneath the lowly guise of Jesus, they recognized the presence of Divinity. They gave their hearts to Him as their Saviour, and then poured out their gifts,--'gold, and frankincense, and myrrh.' What a faith was theirs! It might have been said of the wise men from the East, as afterward of the Roman centurion, 'I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.' Matthew 8:10." {The Desire of Ages, page 63, paragraph 2}

What joy it is to walk by faith. Let us trust the Holy Spirit to lead this day and each day in the path of faith made active by love. We herald now the soon coming of Jesus in power and great glory, and our experience may grow sweeter every day in Him!!

Beacon

« Reply #59 on: August 04, 2020, 07:42:05 AM »
"The leaders of Israel would not even go to Bethlehem to see whether these things were so. And they led the people to regard the interest in Jesus as a fanatical excitement. Here began the rejection of Christ by the priests and rabbis. From this point their pride and stubbornness grew into a settled hatred of the Saviour. While God was opening the door to the Gentiles, the Jewish leaders were closing the door to themselves."

Might not the church of today be in the same danger.?

God has given a special blessing to the Seventh-Day Adventist Church ( His Remnant People ) through the writings of Ellen G.White and yet today it seems that more and more of God's professed people are rejecting the counsel given to them through this special source.

This ought not so to be among God's messengers of the Last Days!!