Author Topic: A visit by an angel, Healed of cancer and a conversion  (Read 7284 times)

Villi

• http://
A visit by an angel, Healed of cancer and a conversion
« on: October 30, 2004, 09:37:00 AM »
Very interesting "revelation". I'm wonder is it fiction or truth??? Who may prove or disprove. Will be very thankful. May be somebody can verify??? I'm here in Estonia too far from real source.
--------------------------------------------

Subject: Fw: The Soo Story Verified
Subject: The "Soo" Story with Update of Aug. 18

A couple of nights ago I had the opportunity of talking with Ethel Price, the lady who wrote up this story, originally, after interviewing Soo. She very graciously offered to send me a document file copy of the whole story, including the August 18 update. I wanted you to have a copy of it in this form from the author, herself. Trust it may be a blessing to you and to others, through you.

Ross Hughes

Jesus is Coming Very, Very, Soon

On the morning of May 31, 2004, my husband, my cousin, and I were told the following story by the woman herself. We talked to her via telephone while she was still at Uchee Pines in Alabama. This article is the July cover I wrote for the Beaverton (Oregon)

"Will I Find Faith?"

This question from Jesus often echoes in my mind like background music-I've known this was the topic of July's cover for months. The details came the morning of May 31, 2004, in a phone conversation to Soo at Uchee Pines in Alabama. The week prior, I had received an intriguing e-mail from a friend I trust. Knowing the abundance of half-true and absolutely false stories that surf the net, I decided to verify this one. It's true! I talked to Soo myself. (So did my husband and cousin!)

In October of 2000 a 30-year-old native of Laos, now in Australia for just a few years, was asleep waiting for a 9 am flight to America. Buddhist all her life, Sirivongack-Soo for short-was seeking for truth...and anxious to see the America of her childhood dreams. Soo's mother had died while she was young; her father was killed in the war. Another Buddhist family had adopted her and this mother helped raise the $2500 necessary for this trip. You see, Soo had breast cancer that had spread to her liver. Her uncle, a doctor, had warned her not to let anyone operate because she would die. Perhaps this would be her last trip.

At 3 am Soo was awakened by her bedroom door opening and shutting. Terrified that one of the Buddhist spirits was visiting her, she watched as the room began to grow bright. Unable at first to open her eyes, she finally could see a shining being in a white robe standing by her bed. He had blazing eyes and beautiful skin. In a lovely voice this being, who said his name was Gabriel, told her about Jesus, the God of Heaven who created and loved her. For about one hour he talked with her in her native tongue, telling her to write down everything he said...even spelling the words and names she had never before heard. She was to contact the "Ellen G. White Conference" (as she told me) for which he gave her a name, address, and phone number. Soo was to contact a number of Seventh-day Adventist workers, including Mark Finley, Doug Batchelor, Ken Cox, Ron Halvorson, Lonnie Melashenko, and John Carter. John Carter was to teach her about Revelation, Matthew 24, and Leviticus 11. Then she was directed to find a school that would teach her the health message, to translate the Desire of Ages and The Great Controversy into her native tongue and "go back to your country and tell your people everything you have learned...Jesus is coming very, very soon."

During the time the angel Gabriel was with her, the cancer was healed. When she wanted to go tell her mother the good news, the angel said it would have to wait...she needed to move forward. He also said she would see her real mother in heaven. In all, the angel appeared to her three times (twice here in America.) He told her to obey, surrender, and trust God. Then he told her he had to go with Jesus to New York...that "after a big problem there had passed, the gospel would spread to all the world."

The third time Soo was visited, the angel told her to be baptized, and gave her the song "Love Lifted Me" for her baptism. Then he told her "not to rely on him, but to rely on Jesus." His work for her was done...he was going back to Jesus. The first SDA church Soo attended, she heard the song "What a Friend We Have in Jesus" which the angel had told her about in his first visit. The second song he told her to listen for, was "Rock of Ages" which she heard at a Laotian Bible conference in San Diego to which she was also directed. The angel said these songs were sung in heaven! (Remember Enoch, Moses, and Elijah, as well as a number of people raised at Jesus' resurrection are alive in heaven for this particular choir!)

The last week of May-2004-Soo's father, a Buddhist monk, joined her at Uchee Pines for a visit! Soo was thrilled to share all this with us and took my name and phone number. She asks for the prayers of her "family" of faith here to support her in her mission. She has completed translation of the book "Steps to Christ" and is working on the other two. So yes, I believe Jesus will find faith when He returns. He will find it in Soo, who is now following a God she never knew...and who will soon be doing the work the angel Gabriel directed her to do in Laos-"feed those with no legs or hands, look out for the orphans...and tell them of the true God."

"Jesus is coming very, very soon," the angel Gabriel told Soo. Now that's Good News! He's real, He's coming soon, and He's given us the opportunity to work with Him.

I pray He will find faith in me, also. Will He find faith in you?

-Ethel Price

BREAKING NEWS, AUGUST 18, 2004.

This week I've been talking with Soo and with the lady in Sacramento (Lottana) where she has been staying while translating. Soo is half way through the Great Controversy and when finished will be joining Lottana and her husband, Sly, in the work they are going back to Thailand to do. They have sold nearly everything, Lottana tells me, to begin this mission on the border of Thailand and Laos. These people are on fire!

Soo also revealed another part of the angel's talk to her in 2000. I verified several times the details of this revelation. The angel told her something else was going to happen in America in 2005 and after that the Sunday law would come in. When Soo asked him when that would be, he said he couldn't tell her that, but "not to be afraid."

Friends, should God choose to hold the winds of strife a little longer, I still know that Jesus is coming very, very soon. I don't even need the angel Gabriel to tell me that! If you would like to copy this letter and article and spread them to fellow believers, feel free to do so. E-mail, snail mail, and word of mouth can be effective to help wake up the church of God to finish taking the Gospel to the whole world.and then Jesus will come!

THE OMEGA PROJECT MINISTRIES, P.O. BOX 2169, CLACKAMAS, OR 97015

WendyForsyth

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2004, 03:54:00 PM »
I honestly don't know what to say. It seems to me that no matter what the source, God or Satan, this is a definite sign of the end. We are told that Angels will appear to us to help us, and we are told that Satan can appear as an angel of light and will do so at the time of the end. All of the information the angel gave may be true and it certainly seems that a good work is coming of it, by your fruits ye shall know them. However, even Satan can give us fortellings of the future and be correct. He can't know everything however. The people that were in Oregon a few years back that were visited by angels who told them to commit murder. That was obvious to me at least that it was satanic because of their fruits. I don't however know that Satan can't work good to mislead the people of God and deceive if possible the very elect. I have the book "Angels" by Mrs.White, I believe, and I will have to pull it out. I'm sure Brother Richard will have more light than I on this subject and perhaps have a more definitive answer.

Happy Sabbath and thank you for sharing. I hope you and those you love are well.
God bless

I have no doubt that God considers you to be one of His friends; otherwise He would not trust you with so many crosses, sufferings and humiliations. Crosses are God's means of drawing souls closer to Himself.

Fenelon

WendyForsyth

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2004, 04:06:00 PM »
This is what I found out about Omega Ministries read here
I have no doubt that God considers you to be one of His friends; otherwise He would not trust you with so many crosses, sufferings and humiliations. Crosses are God's means of drawing souls closer to Himself.

Fenelon

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2004, 05:29:00 PM »
Sister Wendy, I don't think the link you gave is for the same organization. The link is for a non-Seventh-day Adventist ministry in Atlanta. I think the one supporting this story is SDA and in Oregon. You may want to confirm my suspicions. You may be right. I did not continue my research after reading for about ten minutes from the site you linked for us.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Brad

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2004, 05:34:00 PM »
I did a google search and found the story here at SDA Global. I've never seen the site before and didn't do much browsing much past the story in question.

One area that raises a red flag for me is when the angel said: "..he had to go with Jesus to New York..". We know from scripture that right now Jesus is in the heavenly santuary.

[This message has been edited by Brad (edited 10-30-2004).]

WendyForsyth

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2004, 05:42:00 PM »
That is a good point Brother Brad. This appearance happened in 2000, just before the twin towers were attacked.

Brother Richard, That is what I thought as well except that the leader of this organization is Gary Price, and the lady that original wrote up the article is by the name of Ethel Price. I'm just assuming they are either husband and wife, or related in some other way.

Fenelon

WendyForsyth

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2004, 05:45:00 PM »
The link Brother Brad found is by the man that is promoting Nihar Justin as a prophetess on this forum and other SDA forums. Kinda like a new EG White. I'd say this whole story should be viewed with caution.

[This message has been edited by WendyForsyth (edited 10-30-2004).]

Fenelon

WendyForsyth

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2004, 05:50:00 PM »
Of course this adds a little more confusion as this is a verification from Brother Calvin Thrash III. I assume this is the son of the passed away Brother Calvin Thrash?

Fenelon

Liane H

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2004, 06:01:00 PM »
My friends lived a Uchee Pines for the last three years and never even mentioned such a person.

I have written to them by e-mail to see if they know of any of this.

Liane

Liane, the Zoo Mama
Romans 8:19   For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2004, 10:13:00 PM »
I noticed that also, Sister Wendy.

Cal Thrash is the son of the late Dr. Calvin Thrash. I am not sure that his confirming that this lady was at Uchee Pines says very much. He does not confirm much of what has been reported here at TRO. I would think that if she spent much time at Uchee Pines they would be familiar with her testimony.

Someone needs to run down the story and find out what has happened.

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2004, 10:26:00 PM »
Here is what Brother Cal has posted at the Uchee Pines site:

About Soopophone Sirivonsack

We have received many inquiries regarding a young woman named Soo.
There is an e-mail that is circulating that tells an incredible story, including that
she is (or was) at Uchee Pines. Let me verify what I can, as follows:

Soo Sirivonsack was at Uchee Pines for almost two years
I believe her story, that she saw, and communicated with, an angel
The “man” told her that she needed to “get ready” for Jesus to come; also that
she needed to find and prepare certain books for her people
Among these books was, Great Controversy and Steps to Christ
The Seventh-day Adventist Church, along with certain individuals were identified
to her, even though she could not speak English
She found the Church and after studies, was baptized
She studied and audited our Lifestyle Educator course in preparation to serve
the Church in her home country
Books are currently being translated in cooperation with Church efforts
She is working with a group that ministers to several Indo-Chinese nations

What I cannot verify, since she never mentioned it:
Any reference to a miraculous healing of cancer
The angel’s name
References to catastrophic events, either past or future
Any specific times or dates

What Soo said over and over—“Jesus is coming soon, we must be ready!”

Blessings,
Calvin Thrash, III
President
Uchee Pines Institute

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2004, 10:30:00 PM »
That she went to Uchee Pines is a positive indication to me that God is leading in her life. If I wanted an individual to be a missionary in the world today, I would send them to Uchee Pines to prepare in the manner in which Christ has appointed. Medical missionary work is to be at the center of our work. And Uchee Pines is the where the Lord has been blessing.

Just a thought that adds credibility to the story. It also confirms what I believe. Jesus is returning very soon!

Villi

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2004, 01:56:00 AM »
Thank you for investigation of this story.
Is that a truth, that John Carter taught her about Revelation, Matthew 24 and Leviticus???
May be somebody can confirm?

Liane H

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2004, 03:04:00 AM »
Thus far this is what my friend Nani has said about Ethel Price:

"Liane, I know who Ethel Price is and I believe this must be a true and wonderful story.  Praise the Lord for His mercy in reaching those we cannot (or will not) reach. Love, Nani"

Asking her more about Ethel Price.

My thoughts are with Brad as it struck me as well about Gabriel going to New York with Jesus, as we know that Jesus is now restricted by body form so cannot be in two places at the same time. That was the very reason the Holy Spirit was sent to us.

another thought though could be that because of Soo's broken english there could be one word that change that part of her statement if Gabriel had said that he was going to New York "for" Jesus instead of with Jesus.

Also I find it strange that Gabriel was very clear in who she was to meet, but said "find a school," would not have Gabriel been more specific in which school?

Liane

Liane, the Zoo Mama
Romans 8:19   For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

WendyForsyth

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2004, 07:51:00 AM »
Those things are all very good points that struck me as well. I can't imagine a better place to send someone than Uchee Pines. And the time she has spent translating is impressive. I tend to feel that this is a positive experience, and like I said, no matter what, a sign of Christ's soon coming!

I've been reading Nihar's dreams and there seems to be some credibility there. It's just difficult to know. Lots of prayer and testing by the Spirit. Not going on gut instinct here is important.

Fenelon

Sister Marie

• May God's Light Shine On Us All
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2004, 10:28:00 AM »
At some point we should be able to know if she stands for all the Lord teaches or if she is teaching something amiss. Time will tell.
2=2 needs in each point to make 4.

------------------
With Christian Love,
Sister Marie

With Christian Love,
Marie

Brad

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2004, 02:07:00 PM »
Liane, after thinking about this story overnight I also agree that some words could have gotten lost during translation.

Liane H

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2004, 07:58:00 PM »
My friend wrote back and said that Ethel Price lives in Tennessee and has done much work in the missionary field in China. She has written a few books about the language and history of some of their beliefs that sound much like Christianity.

Also my former pastor of my current church, Pastor Walters has done missionary work in that area and asked him if he had heard anything about Soo and her visions.

In fact he has and corresponds with her by e-mail. I asked him what his thoughts were on this thus far.

His wife and him pointed out that they already now have a translator for the same books in that country that has gotten approval for them to be printed there with the government. They also said it would be foolish for her to do it here because the government will not permit the books to come into their country. Also, why would God ask two people to do the same work at the same time in the same place?

Also since she has not revealed what is suppose to happen in 2005 there is no way to test what the vision is to determine if it comes from God.

My pastor also said that in that part of the world people believe in visions and dreams a great deal and take great stock in them. It is hard to know if they come from God or they come from Satan and only time can reveal that answer.

We must always remember that all Satan needs is 1 percent error with 99 percent truth.

My Pastor said that he is continuing to have correspondance with her and is trying to help her as well.

Liane

[This message has been edited by liane (edited 11-04-2004).]

Liane, the Zoo Mama

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2004, 08:04:00 AM »
That information is interesting, Sister Liane. I did not dismiss the story out of hand. Neither have I accepted it as truth. One of the things that has bothered me is the list of names that she said she was given as Bible teachers. I do not understand the list. Some are good, but some are not. Why would God lead to the human when He has given provender without chaff? It is not according to His Word.

If the message is from God then some on the list must have changed their teaching.

Mike Vance

• trumpet7.org
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2004, 02:44:00 PM »
God does not go around sending out angels to say "such and such is going to happen year xxxx".  The lady saying this happened to her is either out of her mind or deceived by a demon.  Take your pick.  Here is the quote:

"The angel told her something else was going to happen in America in 2005 and after that the Sunday law would come in."

Yes, we need to be prepared.  But no, we do not need to go around repeating to people that an angel told so and so that in the year 2005 something is going to happen.  Only the devil would want us to go spouting off our fool mouths that way.  The result would probably be that nothing will happen in 2005, and the people hearing those utter foolish talk will determine in their hearts that all SDAs are deceived.

It's another trick of the devil.

"He who trusts in himself is a fool" (Proverbs 28:26)