News > 9/11

"Lord, Save Me"

(1/1)

Suzanne:
"Lord, save me!" screamed Bob as he actually saw the hijacked airplane heading for his office in the second tower of the World Trade Center. He was in his office on one of the higher floors making a telephone call. He had heard the commotion as the first tower was hit and had instructed his employees to take the stairs to safety, while he took care of some last minute business.Bob, in relating this on television during the September 11, 2002 anniversary week, noted that he actually saw certain numbers on the wings of the plane. In the split second it took to utter his impassioned cry to the Lord, he saw the plane shift position as the wing that was headed straight for his office veered downward. He was spared, but in total darkness. He cried out and someone heard him and pulled him out though a small opening; they then managed to scramble to safety down the stairs before the building collapsed.A survivor of the Pentagon disaster, had a similar story to tell. She related how she cried out to the Lord and was spared, while over a hundred of her co-workers perished.I'm at a loss to explain why some were spared while others lost their lives. Only the Lord knows. But I'm certainly reminded of the statement I have read many times in the Spirit of Prophecy: "Prayer moves the arm of Omnipotence." --Testimonies, Vol. 5:453.Brothers and sisters, in these troublous times, let us not forget our total dependence upon the Lord. He will save us when we call upon His name."In my distress I cried unto the Lord, and he heard me." Psalms 120:1.Thank you Jesus!
~Suzanne~[This message has been edited by Suzanne Sutton (edited 09-21-2002).]

Dugald T Lewis MD:
Dear Sister Suzanne,Often we underestimate the power of prayer.
Our continuous dependence on God is the only impetus for such a request when least expected. Thanks for sharing. Dugald

Wendy:
Great stories Suzanne  :).And very important for people to hear. If only more people had said those words, I think more people might be alive.Instead almost everyone I heard on the TV that day was taking God's name in vain. How very tragic they so many were using the name of the only one that could save them as a swear word.------------------
WendyL ~ Maranatha!:)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version