Author Topic: Bush vows to bring God into politics,  (Read 3077 times)

James Tierney

• http://
Bush vows to bring God into politics,
« on: January 20, 2001, 08:37:00 AM »
 Can someone tell me how this country could not see the fullfillment of prophecy in the words of our new presedent? This seems so overwhelming to me how accurate the prophetic language of the bible is. When we see what is to come will our church be ready? I am new to the understanding, truly a branch plucked from the fire, and I don't see one person in my church getting prepaired. It's buisness as usual.

"Our position in the world is not what it should be. We are far from where we should have been had our Christian experience been in harmony with the light and the opportunities given us, had we from the beginning constantly pressed on ward and upward. Had we walked in the light that has been given us, had we followed on to know the Lord, our path would have grown brighter and brighter. But many of those who have had special light are so conformed to the world that they can scarcely be distinguished from worldlings. They do not stand forth as God's peculiar people, chosen and precious. It is difficult to discern between him that serveth God and him that serveth Him not."

"In the balances of the sanctuary the Seventh-day Adventist church is to be weighed. She will be judged by the privileges and advantages that she has had. If her spiritual experience does not correspond to the advantages that Christ, at infinite cost, has bestowed on her, if the blessings conferred have not qualified her to do the work entrusted to her, on her will be pronounced the sentence: "Found wanting." By the light bestowed, the opportunities given, will she be judged."

Ellen G. White, "Shall We Be Found Wanting?" Testimonies for the Church, Vol. 8, page 247, St. Helena, California, April 21, 1903. (emphasis supplied).

God, please wake us up! James Tierney.

Liane H

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2001, 12:50:00 PM »
Dear James:

This is what I see TRO doing. preparing people for the coming of the Lord. Where the church has fallen short, we have tried in the Spirit of Christ, to reach the world within and without the church for the all to see the good news, Jesus is coming.

You, me and everyone has an obligation to be going out, preaching, teaching and feeding the souls of this dying world. That is why this forum has an Evangelism thread, helping others get ideas and support for a ministry of telling the world of Jesus.

Please share with us what you have been doing and join me and others in the Evangelism forum with your experiences.

Liane

Liane, the Zoo Mama
Romans 8:19   For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2001, 01:10:00 PM »
Brother James, happy Sabbath!  :)

Yes, we need to be wide awake, Jesus is coming soon!

Brother James, please share with us some of the statements you have found that our new president will be working against the separation of church and state.

Richard

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

karen

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2001, 03:33:00 PM »
I thought it was interesting that he plans to work for "one nation"... and he didn't specify whether that is America - or the whole world  :(

I don't have a TV and won't have one... I just read the transcript on CNN.

Liane H

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2001, 04:48:00 PM »
The statement said from his speech today that perked my interest was the following:

"And some needs and hurts are so deep they will only respond to a mentor's touch or a pastor's prayer. Church and charity, synagogue and mosque lend our communities their humanity, and they will have an honored place in our plans AND IN OUR LAWS.

That is something for all of us to think about.

Liane

[This message has been edited by liane (edited 01-20-2001).]

Liane, the Zoo Mama
Romans 8:19   For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

Dugald T Lewis MD

• Moderator at Rest
    • http://www.drdugaldlewis.com
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2001, 04:50:00 PM »
Dear James,

Great points. We already have the script for what will take place. We simply need to now think of the fact that one day our intercessors work will cease.

Let us pray that more who are really serious about heaven will join with us on TRO.

Sincerely
Dugald

James Tierney

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2001, 06:30:00 PM »
 I must be thankful for this forum, and I do not wish to sound sour on our church, please forgive me if the way I presented this topic should come off with the tone of a seperatist. I firmly believe in the Seventh day Adventist message and church.
I was only dealing with the shock of the lethargical response in my own back yard. I know many have had a chicken little response to many issues in the past but no one is taking these events seriously any more because of the alarm having been sounded so many times before.

Liane H

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2001, 06:48:00 AM »
Dear James:

Many of us have seen, experienced and know of the negative within the church. But there is as many that are unaware of it. I appears they must be someplace else, because it is right under their nose, but perhaps maybe they don't see it because they don't need to see it.

Perhaps they are so right with Christ, and so positive in their relationship that these things are not important to them. Not all of us are warriors, but just good old workers. Treading the path to Christ.

For others, they need to know these things so that they can continue to build a wall of protection for the workers in Christ to fulfill their mission. To each has God given awareness of His Needs for the church.

Keep talking, keep writing, but above all we must a ll be sensitive to what others may need to know.

You are in the right place, this is what this forum, Signs of the Times, is about. Many will never even come in here to read. We hear and see what you are saying. It is good.

Liane

Liane, the Zoo Mama

J Hersom

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2001, 09:58:00 AM »
James,

Thank you for your post. I agree 100%. We are seeing everything being set-up under the Bush Presidency. In fact,the set up started under Former President Reagan and those who have followed. It will only take some national crisis for the plan of Satan to begin. He will use good men to accomplish his goal. Remember those who acted out their part in Christ's trial? They acted out their part because of how they lived their lives.

When we look back at the last eight under Former President Clinton we will see that God gave this country and our church 8 additional years of grace. When you look at how our church has gain victories in so many areas and how the church leadership has followed the Lord's leading in many ways. The last 8 years in our church has been wonderful. More souls wons then ever before and the church has in place, the communications to finish the work, with God help! He will do great things as He allows the greatest test that man and the church will ever face. We need to humble ourselves as a people so that we will be prepare for the coming crisis. I like this quote "We who knows the truth should be preparing for what is soon to break upon the world as an overwhelming surprise". 8t 28 & 7BC 911. Will it take the church by overwhelming surprise? My guess, it WILL.   Don't look immediately for a National Sunday Law because that will take time. The debate over Sabbath vs. Sunday will be the greatest debate ever held. It will not be done in secret and those who pass it will be mis-lead. I ask the Lord to give me strength now in this time of peace and wealth. We are rich in this world's goods and especially the richness of knowing the Bible as it should be know by all the world's ministers. God save us and may we be ready to stand in the last day of this earth's history!

I watched the prayer service from the Washington National Cathedral. What a service! Rev. Billy Graham's son did the preaching. Likened the election of George W. Bush to that of King David taking his throne under a great trial.

Finally, I would like to tell you what is going around the Religious Right circles. I attended a birthday party for some friends to whom we are giving Bible studies. It was held in a home of a retired penecostal minister. He was a Bush supporter and very active with the Right To Life movement. They said that George Bush has lead a soul to Christ. They are lifting him up as a president that is going to lead this nation back to God and the Founding Fathers. Have you ever listened to James D. Kennedy? He has whole programs saying that the separation of church and state is a myth! He takes quotes from our great forefathers and  makes it appear that they supported a union of church and state. What garbage! I recently saw a Ten Commandments list from the R.R. and the 4th one said, keep one day holy!

Well I could go on forever but shouldn't. Will our people wake up and love God's church and rally around our leadership and to help finish this work? Our church will be the church Victorious and I am staying inside the ship with it's Captain Jesus!!! What about you?

Peace and Love,

Brother John