Author Topic: "Churches Played Vital Role in Reconciliation..."  (Read 2004 times)

Avalee Lohman

• http://www.geocities.com/avalee50/
"Churches Played Vital Role in Reconciliation..."
« on: November 13, 2000, 06:18:00 AM »
(Adventist Press Service - Nov. 1, 2000)

Dr. John Graz, who represented the Seventh-day Adventist Church at the meeting, said the president "spoke with courage and sincerity about reconciliation, the future of Africa, and the important role of the churches in the new society." Dr. Bert B. Beach, secretary of the Conference for the
past 30 years and inter-church relations director for the Adventist Church, presented a gift to the president on behalf of the Conference. Dr. Velile Wakaba, president of the Adventist Church in South Africa, also attended the meetings as a guest.

(Full story link: http://www.tagnet.org/adventistsinthenews/issue1113.htm  )

LindaRS

• Senior Moderator
"Churches Played Vital Role in Reconciliation..."
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2000, 07:03:00 PM »
Avalee, though you didn't put the entire article in here, it started out stating this was a meeting of the Christian World Communions, which is connected with the World Council of Churches.

This paragraph from an earlier document this year shows that the SDA church belongs to this organization.

quote:
APD Adventist Press Service

New York, N.Y., U.S.A.,20.08.2000/APD The world's major religions - including Christianity, Islam, Buddhism and Hinduism - will be represented at the first-ever UN-sponsored religious summit to be held at the United Nations on August 28 in New York. For the Seventh-day Adventist Church, a Christian World Communion, Jonathan Gallagher, Associate Director for Public Affairs and Religious Liberty will participate at this meeting.

Linda

O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. O Lord, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing. Jeremiah  10:23-24