Author Topic: Ron Wyatt's Noah's Ark  (Read 56348 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Ron Wyatt's Noah's Ark
« on: March 11, 2006, 06:21:00 PM »
15 or so years ago a man by the name of Ron Wyatt began to promote a site in Turkey as "Noah's Ark". He also told that he had found the Red Sea Crossing, and the Ten Commandments.

The claims were all bogus, but many today still believe they were real. We shall use this topic to discuss the matter that all may have the opportunity to learn the truth.

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Richard Sherwin

• Keeper of Bees
Re: Ron Wyatt's Noah's Ark
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2006, 06:30:00 PM »
http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=49203

[This message has been edited by Richard Sherwin (edited 03-11-2006).]

Laughter is an instant vacation

camgears

• http://
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2006, 01:49:00 PM »
Ron Wyatt also claimed to have discover the ark of covenant. I'm not sure about that.

But the Noah's ark and redsea crossing look legit to me.

Actually where the supposed site of Noah's ark on Mt. Ararat, there is a Noah's ark National park. From some of the photos I've seen, it's quite convincing.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2006, 09:51:00 PM »
The creation of such false stories causes reproach to fall not only upon Seventh-day Adventists, but upon Christians in general. And, when those who believed such lies, find out they were misled, some will lose their faith in God.

In the interest of protecting the truth I went on the first trip when Ron Wyatt took a group to visit the "ark" site. I did not go out of curiosity, but went to see what he had really found and to interview the most credible individual who at that time believed the site was that of Noah's ark.

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Gisle Pedersen

• http://www.gislepedersen.com
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2006, 11:03:00 AM »
If it isn't the remains of Noah's ark that is found on the mountains of Ararat, then what is it?

The size of the object fits to the description given in the Bible and the location is right.
Anchorstones have been found, and on several of them 8 crosses are drawn.
The area of these findings is locally called "the valley of the eight".

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2006, 01:56:00 PM »
Before I went to the site which is not on Arrarat, but to the southeast of it, I contacted a number of scientists involved in the probject. One was Dr. John Baumgartner. He works at Los Alamos. He is a Christian and a very respectable scientist. When I asked him about his work, he said that he was mistaken about it being Noah's Ark. When they did drilling at the site, the cores taken revealed a large rock mass beneath the site that caused the mud to flow around it. This is what is being said is Noah's ark. It is a mud flow.

There is much more, but this answers your specific question, dear brother.

Gisle Pedersen

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2006, 03:42:00 PM »
You are right, of course the object is not on Ararat, but near by it. Sorry about that.

But back to the finding.
If it is a mud flow, than how come there is tar in the material found there? Genesis 6.14 says that Moses was told to pitch the ark within and without.

Another interesting finding is an ostrakon, or a potsherd, with inscriptions on it showing a man releasing two birds, and one bird returning with a leaf in the mouth.

[This message has been edited by Gisle Pedersen (edited 04-09-2006).]

Richard Sherwin

• Keeper of Bees
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2006, 05:39:00 PM »
AIG has several pieces on Ron Wyatts's claims. Here is just one.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/creation/v14/i4/report.asp

A search of AIG's site will reveal more.

Brother Sherwin

Sister Marie

• May God's Light Shine On Us All
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2006, 10:37:00 AM »
Brother Richards Comment:

"The creation of such false stories causes reproach to fall not only upon Seventh-day Adventists, but upon Christians in general. And, when those who believed such lies, find out they were misled, some will lose their faith in God".

I am not convinced that Ron W. was a SDA. He did seem to believe as we do. But when talking about who believed his sightings and who did not, he clamed that "the Seventh-Day Adventists" gave him more un-belief than any other faith. Brother Standish being the one he quoted from most of the time, as he fought it tooth and nail. Don't recall which brother Standish.

I myself am not taking a stand on this one way or the other because I simply don't know. But my eldest son bought his tapes and books. The first thing that hit me was that the tapes appeared to be very "home done" and not at all professional. But I was not going to make a call because of that.

I have done a lot of reading of his books, especially of the one where he answers the questions that people have brought up, including many by brother Standish. He is most convincing. One of the things I recall on the place of the ark and also about the mountain where Moses got the Ten Commandments and where also died is that he has found that the place "man" says these places were was not correct. I can believe that. He gives plenty of proof for this and it makes very good sense. Why, because the Bible really does give clues where the mountain where Moses died is, and it is not where they say it is. So I can believe that he could be correct about the Ark too.

As far as what Dr. John Baumgartner said. I would only take it with a grain of salt at this point.

He really did claim to find the Ark of the Covenant. His story was so believable and amazing that I almost fell for it. To this day there are SDA's that teach it is not true. But I am holding out on that one too because I don't know. His work was closed up on that do to the Jews not wanting it to go any farther and do to getting where they needed to in order to get it out was next to impossible. Getting a small person in there was hard enough. If it is true, it must not have been the right time.

The Turks have no problems with people believing where the ark is, as long as they are not right.

Ron W. almost lost his life going back to where he believes Moses died. And he even returned again after that with the right people so he did not get arrested that time. But they fenced it off after that.

Even reading all I did on it, I cannot say if it is true and not.  But I could never say he was wrong, but I don't know if he was right either. I do know that reading it was a powerfully interesting read. How one man could claim all of it with such convincing proof (and believe me he had it) is something I don't know how one man could make up all that. He also had the answer for the real place that Moses crossed over and all the E. army was killed. It made powerful sense.

But even feeling this way, I can't say it is true or even some of it is. I don't feel anyone knows except maybe those who may not want the world to know the true answer. I leave it in God's hands. In time, if it is His Will, man may know the answer to some of these things without doubt.

------------------
With Christian Love,
Sister Marie

With Christian Love,
Marie

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2006, 12:44:00 PM »
My first contact with Ron Wyatt was in Sacramento when he presented his information along with a video of the site and the work that Turkey was doing which he said included building a four lane highway out to the site.

At that time he said they were going to begin excavation shortly. The year was 1989. At the GC session in Indianapolis the next year he had a booth and they said they had not yet begun excavation, but it would be very soon.

As far as I know there has been no excavation. I went to the site in 1991 with the first group tour. My purpose was to interview the most credible real scientist associated with the Wyatt group. He was a professor at Attaturk University. When I asked him if there was enough evidence to persuade the scientific community that the object was manmade, he replied "no". He said that more work needed to be done. That samples needed to be gotten and tested.

Now, this was after Wyatt and company had been telling everyone that testing had been done and that there was "scientific" proof. What we are dealing with is a lot of things that are not truth. And, more than this, I believe that there is wisdom that exceeds that of Ron Wyatt and it does not come from God.

Did you know that 3ABN had taken a camera crew to the site that Wyatt claimed was where the ten commandments were buried? He would not let the camera crew in. Danny finally said he was going in anyway. Nothing was there.

How many know that he claims to have found the grave of Noah and his wife? And that the body of Noah was dug up and removed after he made this revelation? And that the way he found the grave was by supernatural leading.

When one gets into this subject, he very quickly finds that he will have to accept one of two facts. Ron Wyatt was either led by God or Satan.

And when leaving the site, we traveled down a winding two lane road to a "highway" that was indeed being worked on. It was not until I got home and was looking at the video that it came to me that this four lane super highway that Wyatt was telling everybody Turkey was constructing to the site was not for that purpose at all. The highway was not four lanes and it was not going to the site. It went by the site into the USSR. It was two lanes and was being constructed for the trucks that were hauling fuel into Turkey from the USSR. Yet, he took the pictures and included them in his video he showed in 1989 in an attempt to give validity to his project.

Sister Marie

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2006, 01:28:00 PM »
I am glad to know these things brother Richard. They are things I did not know before. You are right, all the information he gave had to be more than man could do alone and he had to have help from God or satan. One thing that is for sure, God does not use lies to prove a point.

------------------
With Christian Love,
Sister Marie

With Christian Love,
Marie

Gisle Pedersen

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2006, 08:02:00 AM »
- I’ve heard a different version regarding 3ABN. From what I heard they agreed to not put information on air
- From what sources can we confirm that Ron Wyatt claimed to have found Noahs grave and even his remains? A tombstone is found, I’ve seen pictures of it, but I’ve never heard anything about any bodies being found.
- Regarding the highway, maybe Ron Wyatt himself received misinformation?
- I have friends that have visited both Sodom and Gomorra, and the crossing site at the Red Sea, both of which were discovered by Ron Wyatt. These findings are documented and proven beyond any doubt. One friend told he literally ”waded” in ashes at Sodom, I have even smelled the sulphur from one of the loads of sulphur balls that is found at the site. Egyptian carriage wheels have been found at the site by The Red Sea. There are too many proofs to mention here. What I’m trying to say here is that these other findings support the fact that R. Wyatt was telling the truth. The findings of the Arc of the Covenant is a little bit too controversial for the time being, as very little has been proved. But is seems very trustworthy to me.

How do the "experts" explain these findings that speak for themselves?

[This message has been edited by Gisle Pedersen (edited 04-12-2006).]

Sister Marie

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2006, 09:12:00 AM »
What a fantastic subject. I forget so much now-days. But that was one of the things that amazed me was all that proof. But not being there I still could only say nay or yay. But like I said before, the read is totally amazing and very believable. I am glad to hear of a on-site account that is faviorable.

Brings to mind the 10 spys. Only two were faviorable, but they were right too. Something to at least think about.  :)

------------------
With Christian Love,
Sister Marie

[This message has been edited by Sister Glass (edited 04-12-2006).]

With Christian Love,
Marie

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2006, 01:47:00 PM »
What I am trying to say tactifully is that there is enough evidence to show that not only is the ark of the covenant not found, but neither is there evidence to believe in the Noah's ark story. Yet, this is not what has been passed around by many including Ron Wyatt himself.

I talked with Danny Shelton before I went to Turkey. There was no ark of the covenant. This is not second hand, but right from Danny who was there with his camera crew.

Before I left for Turkey I talked with Dr. Baumgartner. He told me of his sorrow for having contributed to the story. He is a real scientist and a Christian. It is a mud flow around a large rock formation.

I also talked with the sub-surface radar expert who Ron Wyatt was quoting. And, he said that Ron was misrepresenting what he had found. In other words, Ron was lying about the sub-surface radar scans.

And the last absolute fact that comes from the scientific community came right from the most credible member of the Wyatt group, the Attaturk professor who stated that there was not enough "evidence" to say the site was that of a man made object.

The rest of what I saw and heard is an amazing story that I find impossible for anyone to make up without help, including the statement of Ron that the ark was buried beneath the place of crucifixtion so that the blood of Christ ran onto the mercy seat.

Well....if the ark has been found, then I am sure that you will see it. But, you will not see it, because it has not been found. That story was made up 15 years ago.

And if you are interested in how much Ron Wyatt followed the light we have been given as a people, we were told to drink Pepsi while in Turkey because the water was not safe.

And, you may wonder about why the "million dollar" visitor center at the site appears as an abandoned building. Now, that was back in 1991. If you want to see what is being promoted as Noah's Ark, ask someone about the condition of this "visitor's center" today. My guess is that it may not even be standing. But, according to Ron, there were plans to turn the four lane highway into a jet landing strip to accomodate the throngs of people who would want to see "Noah's Ark".

One of the difficulties we face as a people is the lack of crediblity of many in leadership positions. This tends to breed trust in some who have gone off the deep end. Finding Noah's ark would be a great discovery, but it has not been found. There are many who are looking and they have rejected this site many times. Are they all blind?

Richard Sherwin

• Keeper of Bees
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2006, 05:56:00 PM »
Again if you want to read more of the claims of Ron Wyatt go to:

http://www.answersingenesis.org/

and do a search of his name. There is much info there.

Brother Sherwin

Sister Marie

« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2006, 10:49:00 PM »
This website talkes about "why" it is not true. And it also mentions findings by the Fellow that brother Richard mentioned. And to follow the Website by Brother RichardS will take us to many other places to check things out. It does not seem like it is believed. But most importent to me is being about to read why.

OOPS: I forgot to put in the website, I will also add where you can get other websites concerning Ron Wyatt and his claims.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/creation/v21/i2/ark.asp

For Other Websites:   http://www.answersingenesis.org/search/default.aspx?qt=Ron%20Wyatt

------------------
With Christian Love,
Sister Marie

[This message has been edited by Sister Glass (edited 04-13-2006).]

With Christian Love,
Marie

Gisle Pedersen

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2006, 12:36:00 PM »
Richard, you said that you talked with Danny Shelton before you went to Turkey, and that there was no ark of the covenant. I understood this as coming directly from him.

Is the fact that someone says ”its not there” a sufficient proof? Ron Wyatt said that it was there. Is this sufficient proof?

You also said that you talked with the sub-surface radar expert who Ron Wyatt was quoting, and that he said that Ron was misrepresenting what he had found. You came to the conclusion that Ron was lying about the sub-surface radar scans.

According to Joe Rosetta, the vice-president of Geophysical Survey Systems, the radar scan was legitimate. Can you tell more about the involvement of the "sub-surface radar expert"?

A comment to RichardS: I’m working on the ”Answeringenesis”-report. Due to a rather messy structure in the report I actually find it somewhat difficult to read.
They give the conclusion to the research first, or "The Main Claims at a Glance" as they call it, and then they leave it to the reader to find where the actual issues are addressed. That is not a good way of presenting a scientific research.

[This message has been edited by Gisle Pedersen (edited 04-13-2006).]

Gisle Pedersen

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2006, 01:36:00 PM »
From what I have been told by a friend who have had a lot to do with Ron Wyatt also on travels in the middle east, the issue with 3ABN is as follows:

Danny, his then wife Linda and his brother joined Ron Wyatt in going to Jerusalem in order to film the finding of the arc of the covenant. When in Jerusalem, Ron suggested that they would pray whether they should go down to the arc of the covenant or not. They asked for a sign, and the sign said "no". 2 of the 3ABN-team still wanted to go down. Apparantly Ron took them to a wrong place in order to avoid any confrontation at the hotel. The official story has since then been that they found nothing, which is true. The arc of the covenant weren't at the place that Ron showed them.

There allegedly also were some disagreements regarding exclusive rights to show the film on tv.

Another friend of mine has tried to get this story verified by Danny Shelton himself, but he appeared dismissive on the phone.

[This message has been edited by Gisle Pedersen (edited 04-20-2006).]

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2006, 09:22:00 PM »
Brother Gisle Ron said he "took him to the wrong place?" If God tells me to not reveal where something is, why would I lie about it and take a person to a place that is not where I told him I would go?  This does not appear to be a Christian way of acting, does it?

Ron tells a story that an Israeli reporter went to that site without him and was shot and killed. And it is interesting how he found "Noah's" grave. Supernatual power involved.

As for the sub-surface radar expert, you may contact him personally as I did. The man I am discussing is who Ron said, in his early video, did the radar scans that showed the boat. If you rely on what Ron Wyatt has said, you will be misled. You need to go to the "experts" not the ones who have no expertise in science. As I said, the only scientist that I know of who was still involved in the site in 1991 was the Turkish professor who said there was not enough scientific evidence to convince scientists that it was a man made object.

It is interesting to still find those who believe these things 15 years later when there still is no proof, no excavations, etc. In 1989 the excavations were soon to get under way. In that year the Turkish government was building a super highway. What has Turkey done with the site in the last 15 years? If it were the ark, as Ron said, the whole world would beat a path to it. Turkey would indeed have a national treasure worth billions of dollars. Think about it. Almost a billion Muslims. A billion Catholics, A billion Christians, and many Jews. If it was the ark, we would have seen excavations many years ago. Yes, we can listen to those who say that God does not want either of the arks revealed to the world and who can argue with that? But, I don't believe this is the reason we have not seen either of the arks.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2006, 03:32:00 PM »
The point was made that Turkey would benefit much financially if Noah's ark had indeed been found. Would Turkey make the necessary investment to benefit from such a discovery? Of course they would. Here is an article that has nothing to do with Noah, but it does reveal that Turkey is interested in tourism and is willing to invest money in sites that will return a profit. One then has to ask, "why not Ron Wyatt's Ark?"

smh