Author Topic: Ron Wyatt's Noah's Ark  (Read 46632 times)

Sister Marie

• May God's Light Shine On Us All
Re: Ron Wyatt's Noah's Ark
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2006, 10:58:00 PM »
As I read all this, and think of all I have read in the information from Ron W. I am not at all sure who is right. But one thing I will bring out about this part of brother Richard's Quote:

"You need to go to the "experts" not the ones who have no expertise in science"

I have to ask this:

How many lived in Noah's day when they must have went to the men who "should have known the answers"? The Science Men of that day.

How many leaders will draw the correct path in the last days, or will this be laid on willing lay people?

Again, I am not saying I know which side is right, but this comment: "You need to go to the "experts" not the ones who have no expertise in science" as I see it, is a comment that needs to be re-thought.

------------------
With Christian Love,
Sister Marie

With Christian Love,
Marie

JimB

• Servant
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2006, 06:04:00 AM »
Sister Marie, I understand what you are trying to say. Normally I would agree with your sentiment. However, the difference is that Noah was under direct guidence from the the Lord. The Lord guided Noah in every step.
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Gisle Pedersen

• http://www.gislepedersen.com
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2006, 01:21:00 PM »
Based on evidence from local turkish people and maps, we know that the main road in the ark-area has been moved, and a new road leading to the ark has been built. This is a fact. I know a tour-guide who has led several tours to the site. She knows the circumstances very well. She and her husband were friends of Ron Wyatt, and according to them Ron Wyatt was a very caring and thoughtful man, a good christian. One bad decision doesn't disqualify a man's work. In that case we are all lost. In any case it wasn't particularly christian of the two people from 3ABN, to go against a sign from God either.

After the initial enthusiasm over the finding, a war broke out between the kurds and the turks, and the area was closed for a long time. There is a military camp right by the site, and the control is quite strict in this area, as kurdish seperatists crossed the border from Iran right by the ark. Maybe this has something to do with the fact that this finding isn't the widespread tourist attraction that it could be?

As I read about the finding, look at pictures and hear personal testimonies, to me it looks like this is the real deal. But then, the "experts" might not agree on that. And I wonder why.

[This message has been edited by Gisle Pedersen (edited 04-25-2006).]

Richard Sherwin

• Keeper of Bees
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2006, 03:20:00 PM »
If Ron Wyatt's finds were in fact true the world, especially the Christian world, would be beating a path to those sites. The media would be all over it. A few years ago someone unearthed what some were saying was a burial box for James, the brother of Jesus. This made world headlines, imagine how much more intrest the ark (either of them) would generate. And how it is that one person could find all these things that hundreds of people had been looking for for untold years?

Brother "skeptical" Sherwin

Laughter is an instant vacation

Gisle Pedersen

« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2006, 03:31:00 PM »
If the finding of Noahs ark did get the same media attention as did the finding of the burial box of James, then we would have a completely different situation.

Ron Wyatt did appear on CNN once though. I am not familiar with the angle the presentation took.

JimB

• Servant
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2006, 07:59:00 PM »
Brother Sherwin, you are correct that they thought they found the burial box to James. When this happened I happen to have a subscription to BAR (Biblical Archelogy). Just a few months later it was determined to be a fake. But it was a very good fake. So many claims and often times they are not what they thought at first.
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Sister Marie

« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2006, 10:25:00 PM »
Brother Jim, I am in the valley of decision concerning Ron W's discoveries. As were many in Noah's day. Some were not sure and others were sure due to asking others that were said to be wiser. Both were wrong. I am just saying that we too could be wrong, and the one that really is not getting the attention of the masses could be the one that is right. Sounds to me that we have "hear say" for and against. Is there any real proof for or against. If not, then one needs to at least realize it is possible that it could be true.

------------------
With Christian Love,
Sister Marie

With Christian Love,
Marie

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • A glorious sunset teaches of trust and faith.....
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2006, 10:44:00 PM »
Sister Marie, we are not discussing something that cannot be proved. You talk about "hear say" for and against. What I have said is not "hear say", but what I experienced first hand. I talked with the experts on both sides. I looked at the site, walked on it. Listened to Wyatt. Saw the highway being constructed into Russia. Saw the run down "visitor's center". From the most credible scientist who said he believes teh site is man made, I heard him say that there is no evidence to support his thoughts on this. He said that more work would have to be done in order to convince the scientific community. He was hoping that work would be done soon. This was 1991. At that time Ron Wyatt had already been making scientific claims.

I talked with the most respected scientist who believed it was man made and after he did his testing, repented of his involvement. He is a Christian. I talked with the sub surface radar man and he said he had been misrepresented in Wyatt's video. He did not believe it was a boat.

This is not "hear say". People want to beleive this, but they must do their homework before they let their reason go. I did not rule out what Wyatt had said even though it was hard to swallow. I did my homework and traveled to the site to interview the scientist who was most credible and he could not offer the evidence he knew was needed. That is the end of the matter. If what Wyatt was saying was true, he would have confirmed it, but he did not.

Too many people have believed what you call "hear say". Christians risk losing their influence with people when they pass on such information. Sadly, our church has suffered from this because Wyatt was seen to be a Seventh-day Adventist and many of our faith continue to "push" these legends. It is not good. It is time to put it all behind us and hopefully those not of our faith will forget what has been promoted by some of our people.

There is no hard evidence, period. All ought to ask for evidence before they get excited and pass on that excitement to others. There is only a hope and much "hear say" from the promoters of Wyatt's claims.

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

JimB

• Servant
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2006, 05:43:00 AM »
For those interested in this topic you might be interested in reading some of the material from Dr. David Merling. He is a professor at Andrews who has Ph.D. in archaeology and teaches Old Testament, ancient history and archaeological classes. I think it is worth the time to read.

http://www2.andrews.edu/~merling/

Sister Marie

« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2006, 09:12:00 AM »
I myself am not promoting this. Why? Because I am not convinced to the point of being sure. But I do hold out the possibility. I don't close the door to it completely. The comment: "If what Wyatt was saying was true, he would have confirmed it, but he did not." does not prove he was wrong, it shows they can't say he was right. There is a difference.

Just because we can't prove there are angels we know it is true. Not because there is proof by the worlds standards, but rather by faith. Faith in the Word of God. Why doesn’t God give us more than faith in this? Because faith is what we need to have.

Just because we can't prove this is true don't mean it is not. It means that man hasn't enough knowledge to go that far after so many years. It may not be true... I am open to that too. I have not closed the door either way. It seems some are so willing to say it is not true due to what people say. They don't seem to be proving to me anyway, that it is not true, only that they can't say it is true either. For me there is a difference.

Either way it is not a Salvation issue. And we all have the right to close the door on it, leave it open, or believe in it. We are all going to see it differently. It is this way with many things.

Like I said, I won't promote it to anyone, but I've not closed the door either.

------------------
With Christian Love,
Sister Marie

With Christian Love,
Marie

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2006, 10:02:00 AM »
You are right, Sister Marie, until you have some evidence to support this one way or another, it is just a story. After almost 20 years of actively promoting the site, you would think that would be some scientific evidence? I gave him the benefit of the doubt after a year and things had not proved to be true. But after this long, few ought to consider the claim credible since no one is rushing to the site to show it to the world.

There are many who would like to find the ark, but God has not thus led anyone to it, if it even exists any more.

The reason for beginning this topic is to shed light on the subject so that it can be put away. As I said, there are many who already know the truth and they do not think well of those who still persist in thinking this may be Noah's ark. The other unbelievable claims the man made gives us reason to doubt the man's honesty. Yes, God can do anything He wants, but in this case, He did not lead Ron Wyatt and the sooner our people know the truth, the better.

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Gisle Pedersen

« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2006, 01:08:00 PM »
Richard, regarding your last post.

You can only say this if you believe the critics. And that would mean that there is evidence after all. I would really like to see this evidence. A link to the answersingenesis-report is shared in this forum, but as far as I can say this report appear as merely a compilation of claims. Documentation is lacking to support their conclusions.

[This message has been edited by Gisle Pedersen (edited 04-26-2006).]

Richard Sherwin

• Keeper of Bees
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2006, 02:19:00 PM »

When a person makes a claim they usually will back up that claim with some sort of evidence other than their word. From what I've been able to see Ron was able to offer very little evidence to support his claims. We, along with the guidance of the Holy Spirit, have to look at the evidence and make the choice as to weather we are going to believe some thing or not. We can't let our desire to believe something cloud our decision making.

In this case you have to research Ron's claims and prayerfully chose who you will believe based on the evidence.

I've seen very little evidence to support his fantastic claims, in fact I've seen much evidence showing him to be wrong.

Brother Sherwin

Sister Marie

« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2006, 03:46:00 PM »
Have you read his books, especially the one that answers the questions of those who do not believe?

------------------
With Christian Love,
Sister Marie

With Christian Love,
Marie

Richard Sherwin

• Keeper of Bees
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2006, 04:00:00 PM »
Sister Glass are you asking me? Yes I did many years ago and I was not convinced by it. I wish I could believe that he discovered all those wonderful things. This would make him the greatest archaeologist of all time and prove to the world the Bible was right. I hope very much those things will be uncovered someday and the world will see the truth. And if Ron's claims are ever proven correct I'll praise God.

Brother Sherwin

Sister Marie

« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2006, 04:21:00 PM »
I was just wondering. They were very convincing to me. But I am "very" naive concerning many things. I missed so much learning in school due to illness and never did learn true ethics of study. Remembering I feel is a big key to one enjoying school and I did not have it even then. I wish I could read his books and see in them where he is wrong. I do feel as you do, if they are ever proven correct I will indeed praise God.  :)

------------------
With Christian Love,
Sister Marie

With Christian Love,
Marie

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2006, 08:47:00 PM »
Brother Gisle, the burden is upon Wyatt's promoters to prove their claim. They have not done so in the scientific community.

David Merling Phd has explained that Wyatt's claim of evidence is not evidence at all. And, as I said the most credible scientist working with Wyatt said that there was no evidence to convince scientists of the claim.

Here is what David Merline posted at his site in regards to one of Wyatt's claims: "It has been claimed by Wyatt that the chemical analysis he has had done prove that the Durupinar site is a decomposed wooden boat. His evidence is two lab reports which show that the carbon percentages are different within the formation (4.95%) and outside the formation (1.88%). He says these tests "positively prove it to be composed of very ancient wood and metal"(p. 12 no. 3, pp. 7-8, and his charts on pp. 27-28). What Wyatt does not tell his readers is that both of these carbon percentages fall within the normal bounds of soil. Such percentages do not show evidence of ancient wood.

According to Morris the rocks in this formation were once molten, cooling to become an 'ophiolite belt,' meaning the Durupinar site contains rocks and dirt that have been altered due to the molten process. It is this phenomenon that has elevated the carbon percentage of the Durupinar site's soil. This same chemical process is also responsible for deceiving Wyatt into believing he has found 'metal brackets and rust.' According to Morris the site has many manganese nodules which are high in iron, which could be mistaken for iron by someone ignorant of geology."

What shall we do with this? Shall we ignore it?

Brother W

• http://
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2006, 10:36:00 PM »
Hi all, I'm new to this forum.  Just posted a decent length post but it disappeared so I don't feel like retyping it all out.  But I feel Wyatt was bogus too.  One rumor had it that he claimed to have taken the blood that he found on the mercy seat to a lab and it came back different than any human blood ever recorded.  Anyone else hear that rumor?

God bless,

Brother W

Brother W

• http://
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2006, 10:40:00 PM »
Just curious why just now I was not able to get into any of the other forums, even AFTER I have registered?

Brother W

JimB

• Servant
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2006, 06:25:00 PM »
Brother W, it is good to have you join us. And we look forward to your fellowship.

However, you will not be fully registered until you send an email to the webmaster requesting access. You will find the instructions under the Membership Agreement which can be found here...

http://remnant-online.com/ubb/Forum42/HTML/000006.html