Author Topic: Suggestions for New Topics of Discussion  (Read 3736 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • A glorious sunset teaches of trust and faith.....
    • The Remnant Online
Suggestions for New Topics of Discussion
« on: March 06, 2000, 09:31:00 AM »
Please use this thread to suggest new topics you would like to see discussed. Thank you.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

gorazd

• http://
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2000, 10:52:00 AM »
Richard, I have one idea to propose. It is about science and satan's possible effect on scientific evidence.

As I chose to folow the Bible in all aspects of my life, that means also that the scientific investigation should be put into the right worldview - the one that Christ offers to us, and which is, as we know, that God created everything on this earth (and possibly more) some thousand years ago, around 6000 or 7000 I guess.

All of us that at least a bit follow scientific reports of different scientific "fronts" are faced with many claims about what many call evidence, for all kinds of different theories - I mean mostly biological and geological findings that are claimed to confirm evolutionary scenario for history of this planet. There are quite a challenges for a creationist to meet in scientific world, and I have of course many questions that many of them will probably remain unanswered till our Lord comes and enlighten us with better knowledge. But it is also very obvious that scientists see evidence through their asumptions and their whole thinking and reasoning is determined with what they believe in deeper level, about God, meaning of life and such questions; and the typical worldvoew of worldly scientist is nowdays materialistic.

To the point: It must be, that scientists who do not follow God and don't consider His revelations to humans in their life, can be led to all different errors and theories that satan leads them; and they are. Although of course many ungodly scientist discover many truths also.
What I have been wondering is this: Does God let satan to decieve people also with "material evidence"? I am not suggesting satan can create things, and I am also not suggesting that every evidence that is difficult to explain from the creationist perspective is from satan - this would be paranoid and unreasonable, for if we think deeper and harder we many times can expand our understanding of what could have happened in the history of our planet.

But there is plenty of reasons to believe that satan can form matter in shapes, that he can transport matter in miracolous ways from place to place (remember for example scientific reports from spiritistic seanses about levitations and so on, and about "materializations" that certain gurus perform - some of these seem very reliable). I wonder if satan was allowed to provide "evidence" in similar way also for scientists who are far from God and actualy seek the evidence against God?

I hope my proposal is not to long and specific - if it is, I don't mind of course if you will not post it as a thread.  

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2000, 06:15:00 PM »
Brother Gorazd, I understand your point and think it to be a good subject to study.  I am  not certain that this is the best forum to begin in. We established it for showing what we can learn from nature.  Why don't we start it in the Bread of Life forum. It is a question of Biblical support for what we can say and what we cannot say.

The Biblical principles involved are quite important. We have it somewhat easy because we know what to expect in this area and we have a firm foundation to stand upon, but others could use a little help until they accept the Spirit of Prophecy or become quite grounded in the truth.

If you think my reasoning good, then let me know and we can begin the discussion in the other forum.  :)  I look forward to the study and I know others would too.

------------------
In His love and grace,    Richard

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

gorazd

• http://
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2000, 10:26:00 PM »
 Brother Richard, I am going to begin it on the forum "bread of life".

Gorazd.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2000, 06:59:00 PM »
Sister Charlene, I was thinking about nature and I realized that the wisest man to live upon this earth (excluding Jesus), King Solomon, learned much from nature.  Could we look into what the Bible says he learned, or is there little there?  I have never studied it.

In His love and grace,   Richard