Author Topic: Side Effects of Drugs  (Read 60192 times)

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
Re: Side Effects of Drugs
« Reply #100 on: November 06, 2013, 04:43:49 AM »
It is outrageous! $500M sends a strong message! Whew!
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #101 on: November 06, 2013, 07:38:07 AM »
Yes, it does, but it does not stop man from lying about things that will injure and kill people. There ought to have been criminal convictions that carried jail time. In the testing required to approve the medicine, there were lies made up to get the approval of the drugs. In other words the test results were lies. The consequences are too serious to just get off with paying a fine. At some point, people go to jail for criminal activity. White collar crime seems to get off with paying a fine. To see this more clearly, one has to see exactly what they lied about. And, the company was allowed to continue selling drugs in the US made at other plants.  They bought their way out of this.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #102 on: November 06, 2013, 07:46:52 AM »
So did Wall Street and big banks. Sadly, it is the trend.
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #103 on: November 06, 2013, 08:43:23 AM »
Yes, it is a sign that Jesus is coming very soon. As for drugs, it is a warning that all might know the cure may be worse than the disease.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #104 on: April 30, 2014, 05:12:29 AM »
Still using drugs and eating chicken? Having trouble with your weight? You might be surprised at what science has turned up. "Decades of agricultural research has shown that antibiotics seem to flip a switch in young animals’ bodies, helping them pack on pounds. Manufacturers brag about the miraculous effects of feeding antibiotics to chicks and nursing calves. Dusty agricultural journals attest to the ways in which the drugs can act like a kind of superfood to produce cheap meat."  source

colporteur

« Reply #105 on: November 29, 2016, 11:37:15 AM »
 Three to four months ago my mother began to rapidly deteriorate mentally and physically. Dementia set in and went from bad to worse. It got so bad that she could not stay alone. She was put in the hospital where she became violent at times, tearing out the IV and trying to hit the nurses. She thought she was under attack as in a prison did not know what was going on. Then she was admitted to a another faciltiy were all in wheel chairs and could be managed more easily. My mother could walk fairly well however and paced the floors day and night almost non stop to the point of exhaustion. The director said that the hospital messed up and my mother should not have been sent there. She was then admitted to an alzhiemer's  lock down facility where she paced the floor for three days with little sleep. She wandered in and out of the rooms of others just like the others did with her. She thought she was in her own house and was at time disgusted and even irate that all these people were in her home telling her what to do. She was afraid and every noise troubled her. Sometimes she knew who I was but most of the time she thought I was a classmate from school or a previous husband or boyfriend. She was back  50-60 years in time asking how her (deceased) parents and such.

My brother, myself, and my daughter thought this seemed peculiar that it came on so fast as my mother is normally very sharp mentally for her age and pretty good physically. She was the strongest girl in her highschool. We discovered that she had been confused when taking her medications at home and was taking Valium, probably double or triple doses at times because she was confused. She also was severely dehydrated and had a very bad case of Urinary tract infection which in an of itself can made the elderly very loopy mentally. One doctor had her on all kinds of meds. A new doctor pulled them all instantly and entirely which caused her blood pressure to go through the roof for many days. We told the doctor to take her off the valium. She was like a walking zombie and sometimes hard to deal with. They gave her a drug to knock her out  so she could sleep and it didn't even phase her. We told them to give her no more drugs. In a few days her UTI cleared up and she has been almost normal for a week. She is helping the staff with the other patients as though she were an employee. It would appear that she does not have Alzheimer's at all but the after effects of these drugs and UTI. She is getting ready to be released and sent home as we speak. I believe, had we allowed them to keep drugging her she would have been in the lock down for the rest of her days considered to be terminal alzhiemers. I shared this in church last Sabbath and lady approached me fuming. She said the same thing happened to her although the doctors gave her different drugs and then said she had MS. She could hardly walk and could not talk sensibly. She was almost admitted to mental facility but stopped taking the drugs and is almost back to normal now. How many people are tossed into these lock down units but who could be well if doctors were not such drug dealers ?
It's easier to slow a fast horse down than to get a dead one going.