Author Topic: Very Urgent Prayer Requests.... Part 2  (Read 188273 times)

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
Re: Very Urgent Prayer Requests.... Part 2
« Reply #420 on: August 01, 2012, 09:34:51 PM »
Grandson's 15 year-old friend was just today diagnosed with this.  :(

Dilated Cardiomyopathy

Infants and children with dilated cardiomyopathy most often present with signs of congestive heart failure. This is when the heart cannot pump enough blood to meet the body's needs and there is a buildup of fluid in the body tissues and lungs. The heart also becomes congested with blood. Common symptoms in infants are labored breathing that is faster and deeper than normal (tachypnea) when lying down or with exertion, poor appetite and slow weight gain. Older children may show signs of poor exercise tolerance and gastrointestinal distress. Upon examination, children may show swelling of the lungs, an enlarged liver and heart, and abnormal lung and heart sounds related to a rapid, galloping heartbeat and congestion in the lungs. In more severe cases, patients may experience fainting (syncope), irregular heartbeats (arrhythmias), or sudden cardiac death.

There were several instances of this young man fainting at school and it was passed off as something else. Last week he fainted again and went into convulsions and today they learned why. He is grandson's best friend and is constantly in and out of our house. As the son of a Christian mother, this young man knows the benefits of prayer, faith and trust. Sadly, the situation is not the same for his absent father. This child (and his mother) is in great need on many fronts. Please join us in prayer for him. 
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Sister Marie

• May God's Light Shine On Us All
« Reply #421 on: August 01, 2012, 09:49:22 PM »
We will be praying for his recovery.
With Christian Love,
Marie

Vicki

« Reply #422 on: August 02, 2012, 05:57:30 AM »
I am at a loss for words. I will be praying for them.

Sister Dee

« Reply #423 on: August 02, 2012, 06:16:00 AM »
How very sad!  I am praying for them.  Can this be treated? 

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #424 on: August 02, 2012, 07:16:20 AM »
The symptoms can be eased but of course, there is no cure outside of a heart transplant. Mother had this condition beginning in her 40s and she lived to be 80, however, pediatric CM is much different. I read late into the night and found the growth spurt associated with puberty is especially hard on a teen heart. Along with his mother, we are scouring the web to see what can be done and will do everything possible to help them. Today he is coming to our house for several days. Thank you for your prayers.

Dorine

« Reply #425 on: August 02, 2012, 12:29:17 PM »
Oh Sybil I'm so sorry to hear about your grandsons friend. We will certainly be praying for God to give the Dr.s the wisdom they will need to care for this young man and that his faith and trust will be strong in Jesus.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #426 on: August 02, 2012, 01:09:26 PM »
Amen, Dorine and thank you! He's here now enjoying the company of his good friend. As a matter of fact, I think a little pix of the two of them would be nice. He's such a sweet kid! Be right back.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #427 on: August 02, 2012, 01:27:06 PM »
Here they are! Grandson is on the right.  :) They are busy creating buildings and houses on the laptop. Grandson is 5'7" and his friend is 5'9". Amazing, isn't it? They still have "little kid" faces.

Dorine

« Reply #428 on: August 02, 2012, 04:50:32 PM »
My heart feels heavy thinking of the ordeal that may be ahead of him. Thanks for posting the picture. Two fine looking boys.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #429 on: August 02, 2012, 11:15:44 PM »
Heavenly Father, how very sad as we think of the pain and suffering of humanity. We come to you in prayer for this young man. We do not know the plans you have for him, but we know your plans are very good. We ask that you work in his life in a way you would not have if we had not prayed for him. Use this situation to bring his mother and father and him closer to you. Give Sybil wisdom and grace to minister to this family as she has been doing, we pray in the precious name of Jesus, amen.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Sister Dee

« Reply #430 on: August 03, 2012, 03:50:44 PM »
Do they have health insurance and are they looking into a transplant at this point? 

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #431 on: August 03, 2012, 04:01:48 PM »
The diagnosis is still very fresh. Until they have further meetings with the cardiologist, a clear path for treatment is unknown.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #432 on: August 14, 2012, 12:06:01 PM »
We received an update and corrected diagnosis on grandson's friend. He has Marfan Syndrome http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/marfan-syndrome/DS00540 instead of the initial diagnosis shown above. It has caused his aorta to greatly enlarge. For now the docs have him on a beta blocker. Today he entered his first day of high school. We continue to pray for this great kid!   

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #433 on: August 14, 2012, 01:38:03 PM »
We will pray for your young friend. It would seem the diagnosis is a better one that previously suspected.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Glen

• Rescue the perishing, care for the dying...
« Reply #434 on: October 13, 2012, 04:01:42 PM »
I met Angel (a middle-age German American) about two years ago while answering a call, for my handyman services, from a 90yr. old man who lives in a town about 10 miles away from us. Angel was doing house-cleaning for Matthew and his one month younger (90yr. old) wife, Lola (who has had Alzheimer's for about 10 years, now). Angel has known this couple since before Lola had her symptoms.

To make a long story shorter, Matthew attempted, recently, to change a yard-light on his own ladder and fell, hitting his head on a sharp rock, causing an hematoma to the brain, affecting a stroke which has left him paralyzed on his right side (temporarily?). -Both Matthew and Lola, subsequently, are now in a Nursing Facility.

Angel called me over this last Thursday to winterize the Swamp-cooler at Matthew's Place. While there, I could see Angel was struggling with the situation, and as I spoke with her a few moments, she opened up, admitting (in her thick German-English accent) that she was "at the end of her rope". She and her husband are having problems and now separated; she's staying right now at Matthew's Place. Matthew and Lola are in the Rest Home; her "x" died recently and she has to go to Germany to sell his house and she can't understand the German Attorney's letters to her; she cannot afford to go to Germany because her car has been having mechanical troubles so she's lost a number of her house-cleaning jobs, and doesn't have enough money to go.

Angel finally admitted that she's drinking too much (and smelled like it). I told her kindly that God loves her and has a plan for her life, if she would only listen to the quiet prompting of His Spirit. She had told me she had been going to a nearby non-denominational church group not far away, but had stopped. She told me she was raised catholic and hates that religion, doesn't go any more to that little church nearby, saying, "There's something missing".

I told Angel to please save her liquor-money for gasoline and for getting her car fixed. She apologized for her condition and for "speaking French", -"could I forgive her?" I assured her I did. -She wanted to cry on my shoulder, but I told her that I had to leave, that she could go right back into Matthew's house and tell God all her troubles, just like everything she was telling me; to yell and scream and cry, if she felt like it, and that He would hear and understand. I told her that He holds all the worlds in their orbits and is rather more able than me to give her the guidance and help she needs so desperately.

Will each of you please include Angel in your prayers that God will draw near, revealing Himself to her in a way that she will recognize, and depend wholly and completely on Him?
...Jesus...will live through (YOU), giving (YOU) the inspiration of His sanctifying Spirit, imparting to (YOUR) soul a vital transfusion of Himself. Sabbath-School Worker 02-01-96.03  ...as the blood

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #435 on: October 13, 2012, 04:41:21 PM »
Amen! We will, Glen.

Heavenly Father, we do not know Angel, only what Brother Glen has shared, but you know her. We join with Glen in asking for your intervention in her life. Send angels to encourage her that she can have a life of peace and great joy. Help her to know you as you really are, from her Bible. She has not had the great light that have given to the world. Help her to pick up her Bible and to read it for herself, we pray in the precious name of Jesus, amen.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #436 on: October 13, 2012, 05:25:36 PM »
Amen!

Ed Sutton

• Ed Sutton Blogger Profile
« Reply #437 on: October 19, 2012, 04:14:27 AM »
Several of young athletes dying of cardiac problems, strokes, burst blood vessels - a proportion of those cases were Marfan's Syndrome .  The blood vessels are too weak in connective tissue and bluge somewhere, then under elevated blood pressure......... burst.    If circle of willis bursts the prognosis is almost always very bad - from severe stroke >>>>>> up to  death, depending on location of bursting point.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circle_of_Willis

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/imagepages/18009.htm 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cerebral_aneurysm
Grateful for Psalms 32 and Titus 2:10 - The divinity of Christ is acknowledged in the unity of the children of God.  {11MR 266.2}

Ed Sutton

• Ed Sutton Blogger Profile
« Reply #438 on: October 19, 2012, 04:37:44 AM »
Lord please manifest Yourself to Angel in a way that leads her to trust and follow You

and to see that the faith and ideology that Glen represents has the help and healing that no other can offer her,

and please get Glenn the german language MH, SC, DA, PP, GC SOP books and german / english SDA Bible study Lessons that Angel will in due time need,

and put their paths together and open the way for Gelen to introduce the proper SDA lady to Angel that can speak German / English flawlessly and win her heart and give her Bible studies

and use Glen and his SDA brethern and sisters to minister to Angel and like the Apostle Andrew bring her to YOU.

You have plans to use Angel like you did the woman at the well to reach her compatriots,

also, please work to prepare Angel to fulfill YOUR highest and best plans and hopes for her, that she ....
......may Biblically fear You from love and teach others to do so,

......give You glory and teach others to do so, prepare to receive from You as much righteousness and your character as You can continually cause her to hold and put to use, and teach it

.........and worship you as Creator and Lord of the Sabbath in Spirit and in truth, and teach it. 

.......Please cause her to repent and become converted and be baptized and blot out all her sins and secure her life record according to Your best hopes for her

.......... Please rebuild Angel into a sucessful SDA missionary to english / german speakers around the world, and gether her converts before her face before Your great white throne that You and Glen and his brethern & sisters in the faith and Angel may behold the travail of sould for them ... sucessfully completed and be satisfied........ world without end
Thank You Lord Jesus
Amen.
Grateful for Psalms 32 and Titus 2:10 - The divinity of Christ is acknowledged in the unity of the children of God.  {11MR 266.2}

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #439 on: October 19, 2012, 05:59:45 AM »
Several of young athletes dying of cardiac problems, strokes, burst blood vessels - a proportion of those cases were Marfan's Syndrome.

Yes. Sadly, there is the huge problem of latent symptoms.

Thanks for the links, Ed.