Author Topic: "VERY URGENT" PRAYER REQUESTS  (Read 106745 times)

WendyForsyth

• http://
"VERY URGENT" PRAYER REQUESTS
« Reply #420 on: May 09, 2005, 05:24:00 PM »
You know how close to home this hits Curt. Even with survival, the head trauma guarantees that they will never have their son back. 90%or more of head trauma victims suffer personality change that is severe.

They are in my prayers. I will pray for God's will alone, because sometimes when we pray our will...we pray for the wrong thing. And we get it.

Lord you know what's best. They are your children and in your hands.

Amen.

I have no doubt that God considers you to be one of His friends; otherwise He would not trust you with so many crosses, sufferings and humiliations. Crosses are God's means of drawing souls closer to Himself.

Fenelon

M.A. Crawford

« Reply #421 on: May 10, 2005, 09:13:00 AM »
Lord, I pray that you will have mercy, according to your Holy and Righteous Will, upon all who have made prayer requests. You know what they need better than we; even better than they. My prayer is that you will give each individual and family what they stand in need of according to your Lovingkindness, in Christ's Name I pray. Amen.
M.A.

Eleanore Holmes

• Member at Rest
« Reply #422 on: May 10, 2005, 09:42:00 AM »
Dearest Heavenly Father, Please send your  Great Physician, to the side of Terry. We ask your special healing on this son of one of your faithful missionaries, Curt. Lord, we know Jesus is coming soon, but, let it be your will, Father, let Terry live just a bit longer. Release from him all his pain, and so he may continue his walk with Jesus.  I pray this in Jesus holy name. have
God Bless You
Ele

Curt

« Reply #423 on: May 10, 2005, 12:44:00 PM »
Terry - Update.

Pastor Homer Trecartin sent this update today on his son's condition.
Thanks for all the prayers the feedback is VERY encouraging. He is still critical so keep up the prayers, please.

"Homer Trecartin" <homer@adventistmeu.org>  View Contact Details View Contact Details
Subject:   Update on Terry - 9 May 2005
Thank you all for your prayers and emails. This morning I logged on and had 174 emails - most of them about Terry. I haven't had a chance to read them yet, but I feel comforted just knowing you wrote. I hope to get to them soon, but for now I am writing this  instead.

This morning the doctors were quite encouraged by changes Terry made last night. One even said he was excited. His blood pressure had stabilized and they had been able to stop all bp medication and had stopped pumping large amounts of plasma in to replace what his blood vessels were losing. Terry had also started to come to enough that the tubes were bothering him. He was struggling against them. They had to sedate him to keep him from accidentally pulling one out or something. Those are all good signs, but Terry is still in very critical condition.

During the day they decided they had to get his leg stabilized so they could move him for further tests without causing blood clots at the point of the break and increased shock to his system. The orthopedic team brought their surgery equipment up to his room and screwed a stabilizing rod on the outside of his leg. That procedure aggravated a condition they had been telling us about in the morning - his lungs. Apparently his lungs are one mass of bruises right now. They are not punctured, but were providing less and less ability to get sufficient oxygen into his blood. They have done several procedures on his lungs and inserted a tube into each side of his chest to relieve some of the pressure from fluid build up around them. They said they expected this because the huge impact that broke his back would also have badly bruised the lungs. They told us things will be up and down today and tonight and they will probably have to suction his lungs several times. By tomorrow they are hoping this situation will be stabilized so they can take him out for an MRI on his back.

When we went in this afternoon they were just finishing up all those procedures. The room was quite a mess and he looked bad. It seemed to be a big setback from the morning and we all had a hard time with that visit. Afterward we went out to the park and enjoyed the sun and fresh air. We ate a little and all felt quite a bit better after a couple of hours out there. We went back to the hospital and found Terry looking much better tonight. His oxygen levels, heart rate, etc. were good. We feel some better again tonight, but are getting ready for bed knowing a call could come at any time saying his body was shutting down from the shock and trauma.

It is midnight now, and I must get ready for bed, but I wanted to send you this update. We still cry. We still worry about the future. But we are also at peace knowing that God has used Terry for these 27 years, and used him again today - even though Terry probably doesn't realize it right now. If God has a work for him to do tomorrow I know He will keep Him through the night to do it - and that is really the same situation we all are in. If God has a work for us to do, He will wake us up in the morning and give us the strength to do it. We want to do it faithfully so that He can come soon. We are tired of the suffering and death we see all around us.

We really appreciate all your prayers so much. Thank you for supporting us during this difficult time.

FAITH - As God's blessed sons & daughters we are to attempt the impossible to the extent that we will fail unless God steps in.   Keep the faith

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #424 on: May 10, 2005, 09:24:00 PM »
Heavenly Father, we come to you asking for your help. We do not know what is best, but you do. Our dear Brother Homer and family are suffering. We ask that you comfort them. Brother Homer understands the unseen world and lives for it. He wants to hasten the soon coming of Jesus. We pray with him for this and for his son, Terry. May all be your witnesses in this great trial. May the opportunities extended be the means of bringing some to Christ. If it would be your will to keep Terry alive and to heal him, we pray for this that your name may be glorified. We pray in the precious name of Jesus, amen.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Curt

« Reply #425 on: May 11, 2005, 08:17:00 PM »
Terry Update -

Yesterday was the Anniversary of Pastor Homer and his wife. His prayer to God was a sign of improvement from Terry as their Anniversary present and he got it.

Terry is breathing much better.The Paramedic on the Life Force Air Ambulance that brought in Terry said that Terry was breathing on his own when they worked on him. Yesterday the ICU doctor said he did not see a need to do an EEG on Terry so that is REALLY GOOD NEWS. He MAY not have the brain complications and seemed not to suffer brain trauma.

Terry's story has impacted many and there are Pentecol churches in the area praying as well as friends attending to the needs of Pastor Homer and his wife and daughter in law while they stay close to the hospital. This is what reall family is about. However, by prayer we are just as close to them at this time.

Praise GOD .........

Thank you and keep praying

I will also post the written updates in the Evangelism Forum (Middle East News Updates).

FAITH - As God's blessed sons & daughters we are to attempt the impossible to the extent that we will fail unless God steps in.   Keep the faith

Curt

« Reply #426 on: May 19, 2005, 09:58:00 PM »
Hi, just wanted to provide an Update on Terry.
His father provides almost a daily update of his condition on email.

Terry has progressed to the point where they are preping him for corrective surgery to his leg and spine. He is still groggy from medication and not fully conscious but responding to people around him with small signs of increased heart rate or a twitch of his eyelid, finger or neck (once). This is extremely promising and rules out major brain damage. Within a couple of days the Doctors will place a metal rod into his leg with a new procedure only tried 37 times. They will video tape the procedure for an upcoming conference and received permission from his parents. They know the doctors will be extra careful if they are on camera   :). Folowing this they will next begin working on his broken spine.

It is very encouraging to see the overwhelming support of the church members to support them daily with prayers, meals (schedule), toiletries, transport etc. Right after getting into the hospital (after the accident) the Pastor and Elders had prayed and annointed Terry even before his family got there. What a family (church) to belong to.
Terry's wife was depressed by the mountain of bills and an insufficient salary since she was off work (at the hospital) and Terry was not working now. She said a prayer, wrote her tithe cheque and next began to write cheques to pay what bills she could. Just then they received some more donations and found an envelope from a church member. It had 10 crisp $100 bills inside, more than enough to clear her bills with what she had.
While we are yet calling God hears. This is precious.

PCT - Prayer changes Things
GAP - God Answers Prayer

Thank you on behalf of Pastor Trecartin, His wife and daughter in law for praying for Terry. He is coming through.

[This message has been edited by Curt (edited 05-19-2005).]

Sister Marie

• May God's Light Shine On Us All
« Reply #427 on: May 20, 2005, 04:01:00 AM »
Thank you Lord for answered pray here. Both for health and funds needed. You are so good. Thank you for so many prayers on his behalf. Praise your name Lord. Amen!
With Christian Love,
Marie

Liane H

« Reply #428 on: May 21, 2005, 07:34:00 PM »
Please add to your list dear friends of the Lord two people who need very urgent prayer for the next few weeks.

My friend Carolyn's granddaughter Lora has been fighting a very rare infection and the last news from the doctor was discouraging.

They see the doctor again next Thursday for the next step in treatment and surgery.

Lora may have to have her jaw removed, nasal area and right shoulder due to this infection. She has to go see miles away a surgeon for this in San Francsico.

My friend Jane is having neck surgery from injuries she received in the past. The doctor told her if she does not do something now she will be a quad in a few years.

She is to have surgery in LA, CA which will be 8 hours with two surgeons at the same time with 7 to 14 days of hosptial stay and follow up care thereafter.

Liane, the Zoo Mama

Liane, the Zoo Mama
Romans 8:19   For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

Richard Sherwin

• Keeper of Bees
« Reply #429 on: May 21, 2005, 08:24:00 PM »
Liane that is so awful about that infection. Sounds like the same thing my wifes aunt had recently. We will keep her in our prayers.

RichardS

Laughter is an instant vacation

Liane H

« Reply #430 on: June 13, 2005, 04:41:00 PM »
Hi:

If you pass this way, please keep my friend Jane in your prayers. She is having major surgery tomorrow on her neck spine.

This surgery could give her many more years of benefit or a slip of the knife could make her a quad.

Liane, the Zoo Mama  

Liane, the Zoo Mama
Romans 8:19   For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

Sister Marie

« Reply #431 on: June 14, 2005, 08:56:00 AM »
Dear Father in Heaven, Please be with Jane today as she is going into surgery. Please guide the hands of the surgeon that he be steady and sure. But most of all we pray for Your Will to be done in Jane's life and in all of our lives. I pray in Jesus name and for His Sake. Amen.
With Christian Love,
Marie

SA

« Reply #432 on: August 21, 2005, 08:11:00 AM »
Dear Loving Heavenly Father,

Please free my father of his health problems and help him cope until that time. Also, please help Nick recover from his accident.  Thank you for answering my previous prayers.  And through faith in Jesus, I know will answer this one.

In Jesus' name,

Amen

[This message has been edited by SA (edited 09-01-2005).]

WendyForsyth

« Reply #433 on: August 21, 2005, 01:12:00 PM »
Dear Heavenly Father, please be with SA's father. Address his needs in the way you know best. Comfort him and his family and give them peace.

Also, please be with those who have unmentioned prayers and heartache. Answer their needs as you see fit, as you know what is best for all of us.

In the name of Jesus Christ,
Amen

I have no doubt that God considers you to be one of His friends; otherwise He would not trust you with so many crosses, sufferings and humiliations. Crosses are God's means of drawing souls closer to Himself.

Fenelon

WendyForsyth

« Reply #434 on: September 14, 2005, 09:32:00 PM »
Please heal Howard mind, spirit, and body. Only you can do what it takes to heal a person so broken they could strike out in the way Howard did. Help him to know that he can reach out to you and that he is not hopeless and lost just because of what he did. Help him to know that God is always waiting to lead him through this life, and that all he has to do is look up at the Cross and be saved. There is more of course...but let him do this initial step please Lord. Hold him close to you, and don't let him go. He is precious to us, we forgive much, asking nothing in return. We just want Howard in eternity with us and His Brother Christ.

Please be especially with the children also Lord. Help them to heal from this latest wound. Especially draw close to Ashley as she rebels in her attempt to understand what has happened to her. Help all three kids to understand why they can't be with their father now, but that we want him in heaven with us. Mend their broken hearts. Be their Father when their earthly father cannot. Help them never to feel alone Lord.
Help me to be a better example to them. Heal my heart as well Lord and take away the pain and betrayal so that I may be missionary first to my own family without resentment or anger.

Thank you Lord,
Wendy

Fenelon

SA

« Reply #435 on: September 22, 2005, 03:30:00 AM »
Dear Loving Heavenly Father,

Please heal my father of the cancer he has been recently diagnosed with.

You have sustained him and improved his condition until now, so please continue to be with him as he begins his treatment soon.

You have answered previous prayers so faith tells me you will answer this one.

Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.

Amen

Eleanore Holmes

• Member at Rest
« Reply #436 on: September 22, 2005, 08:55:00 AM »
Dear SA, Welcome to our forum.....I pray it will bring you more inspiration, as it has done for me.

Dear Heavenly Father,  SA is asking our Great Physician to heal her Father.  Lord, if it is your will hear our prayers.  Heal  him, and bring him closer to you. Lord, it hurts to see our family suffer.  Give peace to SA and bring her into your arms of love and I pray you will hear her prayers.

Also Lord, I pray for Howard, Wendy's husband.  Send the Holy  Spirit to bring him to repentance, and give him the grace needed to  change his life.  I pray this in the name of your loving  Son, Jesus.

God Bless You
Ele

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #437 on: September 24, 2005, 09:21:00 AM »
Thank you for the opportunity to pray. We can see that the end is near. All of the signs are fast fulfilling that tell us Jesus is coming soon. You allow trials to come that we might be prepared for heaven. Hear our prayers for ourselves and our families and those whom you have given us the privilege to minister to. Thank you for SA's and Sister Wendy's prayers. We ask you to answer them in the best way possible at the very best time. We pray in the precious name of Jesus, amen.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Karenbygrace

« Reply #438 on: October 02, 2005, 01:00:00 PM »
This is an urgent request-please, all who will, join with me and my friend in this, and share with others who will pray too...
 I ask for prayer about a dear aquaintance of mine-she was raised in a satanic cult, and I believe now suffers from demonic harrassment and perhaps possession. just recently she commented about how at night she heard the doorknob move at night yet no one was there. Please, pray for her freedom from these things. I believe this is a very real thing, a very real battle. Thank you dear brothers and sisters.

Sister Marie

« Reply #439 on: October 02, 2005, 07:49:00 PM »
Dear Heavenly Father,
Please send your help to this poor women who satan has had his way with. Please bring healing to her mind and body. I ask in your holy name, Amen

please pray for my daughter as well. She told me that she was tired of the devils lies and wanted to die. She has never told me that before. It makes me wonder if she has the same problem. As far as I have ever thought it was a mental problem, but now I wonder if satan has used it to torment her.  :(  :( Please pray for Carol. Thank you.

------------------
With Christian Love,
Sister Marie

With Christian Love,
Marie