Author Topic: "VERY URGENT" PRAYER REQUESTS  (Read 106739 times)

Deb

"VERY URGENT" PRAYER REQUESTS
« Reply #380 on: March 08, 2004, 10:09:00 AM »
This is an urgent prayer request. My son is 18 and I found some magazines hidden beneath his bed. I am just heartsick. This morning as he went off to college, I asked him for a few minutes after I get home from teaching this afternoon. He said this would be okay. PLEASE pray that I will have special wisdom to know how to reach my boy. The Lord woke me up to some wonderful ideas pertaining exactly to this problem and so I am formulating in my mind what to say. Pray he will accept it. Thank you.

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #381 on: March 08, 2004, 12:57:00 PM »
Heavenly Father, we share with our dear sister her pain and ask that you continue to draw close to her. We know that Jesus is coming soon and we are to be tried as gold in the fire. We know you love our children more than we do. Please send the Holy Spirit to bring conviction into the heart of this young man. Help him to understand the reality of the battle for his soul. His mother understands that she lacks wisdom and that you are ready to give it. Bless her humility and her dependency upon you, that her son may hear words than come from your heart, we pray in the precious name of Jesus, amen.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

M.A. Crawford

• http://
« Reply #382 on: March 08, 2004, 01:03:00 PM »
Deb, you did not mention the kind of magazines you discovered under your son's bed, but I was impressed to respond to your very urgent prayer request. I hope the magazines in question were not poronographic, for this type of material can poison the mind and can have very serious psychological consequences later on in life as to how a young man perceives of, and/or whether or not he has respect for, a female. If I were you (I have an 18 year old son who will be 19 in June), I would do the following:

1. I would tell him privately that I discovered the magazines, but I am not angry with him that he has them in his possession.

2. I WOULD NOT "preach" to him as to why I think what he is doing is wrong.

3. What I would do is CALMLY TALK TO HIM about the psychological dangers I mentioned above that can become a reality when one engages in poisoning the mind with graphic pictures of this kind.

4. Then I would mention to him that, AS CHRISTIANS, the Lord calls us to a higher standard than the world. As a result, we are to be very careful as to what we put into our minds. I would ask him to READ WITH ME what the Bible says in Romans 12:2 and Philippians 2:5. Then I would ask him if he believed this. If he says "yes," I would ask him to bow with me on our knees and would pray a simple prayer thanking the Lord for loving us and would ask God to help us to overcome the desires of the flesh that tend to overwhelm us.

5. If he says "no," I would ask the pastor of the church to speak to him privately. In the presence of my son, but not wanting to embarrass him, I would not necessarily go into the details of the spiritual problem (unless agreed to by my son), but would simply ask the pastor to speak to him and then pray with him about it, asking the Lord for Power to overcome.

M.A.      

M.A.

Ele Holmes

• Moderator at Rest
« Reply #383 on: March 09, 2004, 05:13:00 AM »
My Dearest Heavenly Father, I thank you so much for my family, I adore you, and praise you Lord.  I come now, humbly, in much sorrow for my 19 year old grandson. (Found out later he is really not my grand son, but I always have loved him) He is in so much trouble. I put him in your hands, His mother has disowned him, his real father won't have anything to do with him, And I Lord don't know whether I should help him in this situation.  Is he guilty of writing that check? If He is Lord, he will go to jail. If he was set-up, like he says, and is innocent, please help him. Only you know the truth. My heart is broken....He was my first grand-son, and I still treat him as my family. I love him so. When he was so young, Lord, you know how his mother treated him.... Forgive him for all his lies. He has left the church and now is on the verge of going to jail.... Please help him....He wants to kill someone with a gun....Lord, I don't know what to do.... I know you love him. What ever happens, he is in your hands. Straighten out his life somehow, some way.... I pray this in Jesus name.

[This message has been edited by Ele Holmes (edited 03-09-2004).]

I do not understand ICQ, cookies, UBB, HTML, homepage???

Liane H

« Reply #384 on: March 09, 2004, 05:26:00 AM »
Hi Sister Ele:

Your pain is read and my heart goes out to you in it. Children can be a curse or a blessing in one's life. They break the heart and pain the soul. Nothing is worse for a human being than the wrong paths that their children take.

Blessed Father:

There is pain in our sister's life. Be with her as she draws to you for comfort and wisdom for her grandson. Open up the young mind of this young man to listen to you and seek out the right thing to do. If he is guilty, show him that he must accept the consequences of his actions. If he is truely innocent help him find a way to show this.

We put this young man in your hands. Help can only come for him if he is willing to let you do it. May he have peace within and trust in You for his future.

No matter what happens be with our dear sister as she lays this burden down in your hands. Let her seek your wisdom for answers and not in her pain as they will lead to wrong actions.

Thank you Father for this time in prayer for a dear friend and fellow believer.

In Jesus Precious Name, Amen

Liane, the Zoo Mama
Romans 8:19   For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

Deb

« Reply #385 on: March 09, 2004, 06:36:00 PM »
Thanks so much for your prayers regarding my son. Issue has been resolved and things much better. God is so good.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #386 on: March 09, 2004, 06:58:00 PM »
Amen, Sister Deb. God will work for us as we trust in Him! We will continue to pray for your family.

Dear heavenly Father, we thank you for hearing our prayers for our dear sister's son. Bless his desire to follow you and continue to give his parents wisdom and your Spirit, we pray in the precious name of Jesus, amen.

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #387 on: March 09, 2004, 07:02:00 PM »
Dear heavenly Father, we ask you to intercede in the situation with the young man who our dear Sister Ele has loved as her grand-child. You know the circumstances. You know it took a long time for him to get where he is today and it may take some time for him to see where he needs to be. We know that you will hear our prayers and work for him in the very best way possible. We pray for his parents that you will give them wisdom to help their son. We pray in the precious name of Jesus, amen.

~maddy

« Reply #388 on: March 19, 2004, 05:44:00 PM »
Dear heavenly Father ... You are always so good to Your children ... You bring rich things out of Your storehouse for them the moment they call upon You.  Father, isn't there anything left in that bag of plenty for me?  What am I doing wrong?  Even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from the master's table ... aren't there any crumbs left behind -- after You have fed Your DESERVING children -- for the likes of me?

Sister Marie

• May God's Light Shine On Us All
« Reply #389 on: March 19, 2004, 06:30:00 PM »
Dear Father in Heaven,

Please help Maddy and give her peace. It is satan deceiving her when he tells her that she is not worthy, but others are. This simply is not true. Help her to see this. The bible says that ALL HAVE SINNED. Other than Christ THERE IS NONE that have not sinned. Our worthiness is AS FILTHY RAGS. Not just Maddy’s or mine, but ALL MANKINDS WORTHYNESS is as filthy rages.

Please help Maddy Lord, to know that when people are saved, they are not saved because they are worthy, they are saved because YOU ARE WORTHY. It is YOUR WORTHINESS is what is given to us. There is NOTHING we can do to gain Salvation. Jesus did not die for others, He died for ALL MANKIND that except You as their Saviour. We accept You as the true Son of God dear Lord. Help us to see, help Maddy to see, through the eyes of FAITH and BELIEF in the Word of God when it tells her these things.

Lord, we know that satan hits us over and over where we are the weakest, causing us to trust less and less what You tell us. Why? Because how satan makes us FEEL over powers the Truths of Your Word.

Please Father, shower Maddy this Sabbath evening with the Truth of how worthy she really is, BECAUSE JESUS IS WORTHY. How loved she is, BECAUSE JESUS IS DOING THE LOVING. How saved she is, BECAUSE JESUS IS DOING THE SAVING, not us.

I thank You Father, as I pray this in Jesus Name, and all to His Glory. Amen

------------------
With Christian Love,
Sister Marie

[This message has been edited by Sister Glass (edited 03-19-2004).]

With Christian Love,
Marie

Ele Holmes

• Moderator at Rest
« Reply #390 on: March 20, 2004, 02:36:00 PM »
Amen and amen Sister Maria.

Dearest Heavenly Father, I pray first for Maddy. Help her Lord. Give her the knowledge that she is your heir to heaven.  You have given her a part of heaven, help her to accept it.

Lord, I pray for our children.  As homosexual books are passed through the public schools for our children to read, I ask in Jesus name to please tell us how we can stop this.  Help us as parents and grand parents to be strong in the faith so we can be examples to our children.  Bad or Good, this movie and Richard's CD's are on the other side of the coin, whoa!  We sure do need you.... Help us to be strong in this little time of trouble, so we can live through the great time of trouble.

Lord give Maddy a job to do for you to keep her mind on you...Help her Lord in her battle against Satan.  I pray this in Jesus name, Amen.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #391 on: March 20, 2004, 07:36:00 PM »
Dear Sister Maddy, we love you and if we love you, how much more God! His blessings to you have been rich and He is working for you in ways that you cannot see. Stop and count what He has done for you already! He is drawing you to Himself. He is speaking to your heart. He loves you just as you are. You know He has blessings for you or else you would not ask Him for the crumbs. You know this about Him. You know that He will not withhold the crumbs from you. He is speaking to you right now.

The pruning in our lives is painful. He never promised us that it would not be. He promises us strength and wisdom. The pruning will produce the fruits of righteousness. Peace that passes understanding. Things that money cannot buy.

Jesus is working your life or you would not be here. We pray for you dear sister. Fast and pray and God will continue to work for you. He loves you. He died for you and would have even if you were the only one on this planet. Believe it! You are of great value to our God!

Heavenly Father, we ask for you to speak to our dear sister Maddy. Reveal your love to her in a way that she will know it is so. Only you know how that can be. We pray for our sister. Bless her mightily for your name's sake. That she may be a witness for you, we pray in the precious name of Jesus, amen.

Ele Holmes

• Moderator at Rest
« Reply #392 on: April 16, 2004, 06:07:00 AM »
Please, Brothers and Sisters, Pray for my 19 year old grand son, Jeremiah.  He is in serious trouble and needs prayers.

Dearest Heavenly Father, My heart is completely broken, please give Miah  repentance so He can come to you.  Help him to realize his mistakes, help him to realize he is totally at fault, and no one is to be blamed but him. Lord, show him all his lies and have him confess to you. I love him so much, and I want him in heaven.  All my love to you, I pray in Jesus name. Amen

[This message has been edited by Ele Holmes (edited 04-16-2004).]

Sister Marie

• May God's Light Shine On Us All
« Reply #393 on: April 16, 2004, 09:08:00 AM »
Dear Kind and Loving Heavenly Father, Saviour and Holy Spirit,

We bring before You this day Miah. He is a young man Lord that has been lead astray by the world. We have studied this week how You loved wicked King Ahaz so much that You offered to protect him when he was in trouble.... but he refused.
You love Miah so much, even more than his grandma does (and that is a lot). Won't You touch his wayward heart with a new way of looking at things. Touch him with the red hot coals of repentance. Whatever it takes dear Lord, please turn this young man around, for his sake, for his grandma's sake, but mostly Lord, for Your Sake. That it may bring Glory to Your name, bring him home Father. We ask this in Jesus Holy Name, Amen

With Christian Love,
Marie

Liane H

« Reply #394 on: April 17, 2004, 05:25:00 AM »
Blessed Father:

Miah needs to learn to open his heart and mind to Your love. May his mind be opened to hear Your voice and realize the things that are happening in his life are caused by his own actions.

We know that You love Miah, he is one of your children that has left the church and joined with the world. May his mind come to remember those things taught to him of You and that he will reach out, repent, confess and seek Your forgiveness.

And Father be with our Sister Ele as she is in great pain and loves her grandson so much. Please comfort her during this difficult time.

In Jesus Precious Name, Amen

Liane      

[This message has been edited by liane (edited 04-17-2004).]

Liane, the Zoo Mama
Romans 8:19   For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

Ele Holmes

• Moderator at Rest
« Reply #395 on: April 17, 2004, 09:29:00 AM »
Dearest Marie and liane,
   Thank you so much for prayer and your caring. It hurts to see this happening, but God heals....Today with much prayer, God gave me light on the subject.  This could be the best thing that could happen to him.  Maybe (And I pray) with the work of the Holy Spirit Miah will again find Jesus, and the love he had when he was a child.
Please continue to pray for a while for him. Thank you again, and God be with you.

Heavenly Father, you know my thoughts, I love you so much, and I know you love Jeremiah, please, please help him....go to him, talk to him, help him to realize all his faults. Bring him to repentance. I pray in Jesus name. Amen

WendyForsyth

« Reply #396 on: August 07, 2004, 09:49:00 AM »
Could you all pray for me. This weekend is the weekend I'm coming off all the medication that they've had me on for almost two years, and I'm going cold turkey after weaning for 6 months. I need prayer. I feel so weak and helpless and I need Jesus.

Thank you,
Wendy

I have no doubt that God considers you to be one of His friends; otherwise He would not trust you with so many crosses, sufferings and humiliations. Crosses are God's means of drawing souls closer to Himself.

Fenelon

Liane H

« Reply #397 on: August 07, 2004, 11:38:00 AM »
Dear Wendy:

Know that you are and will be in my prayers.

Please be careful and be with someone all days as this happens. Do NOT BE ALONE today.

Take care and may the Lord bless and keep you.

Liane  

Liane, the Zoo Mama

Ele Holmes

• Moderator at Rest
« Reply #398 on: August 07, 2004, 03:52:00 PM »
Dearest Wendy,
    Grace and peace be unto you this day from God our Father and from the Lord Jesus Christ.  Wendy,  GO, find someone that needs you and help them.  Pray for the dying, pray for those in much pain.

In otherwords, keep your mind off yourself. Remember Jesus in the desert for forty days and nights with no food, He suffered, but never gave in. Remember how He died for you!

Wendy, the Lord tells you: "Do not fear, for I have redeemed you, I have called you by name, YOU ARE MINE...Do not fear, for I am with you."

Wendy, Let us pray this prayer together:
"Jesus, tender Shepherd, hear me,
Bless Thy little lamb tonight;
Through the darkness be Thou with me
Watch my sleep till morning light.
All this day Thy hand has led me.
And I thank Thee for Thy care.
Thou hast clothed me, warmed and fed me;
Listen to my pleading prayer."

"He giveth power to the faint, and to them that have no might he increaseth strength."

Wendy, Don't let Him go for a moment, Hang on my child of God, for He is with you.  I will pray and we will do it together....All my love to you through Jesus, Ele

WendyForsyth

« Reply #399 on: August 08, 2004, 12:33:00 PM »
I'm doing much better than I thought I would. Which is not to say I am doing great. But much better. The doctors had me on 40mg of Oxycontin(like heroin), then after my surgery, 30mg of Dilaudid, 60mg of Oxycontin, and 30 of Percocet. Then I went off the oxycontin and weaned down to just 10 mg a day of Vicodin, which is the weakest of the bunch. It's been exausting and difficult when you know just one pill would make you feel better. Thank the Lord I can't get any. Thank you all for your prayers. The third day(today)is the hardest. Please be with me and my friends Jesus,Amen.
I have no doubt that God considers you to be one of His friends; otherwise He would not trust you with so many crosses, sufferings and humiliations. Crosses are God's means of drawing souls closer to Himself.

Fenelon