Author Topic: "VERY URGENT" PRAYER REQUESTS  (Read 106746 times)

Laurie Mosher

• There is a place of quiet rest
"VERY URGENT" PRAYER REQUESTS
« on: July 15, 2000, 01:15:00 PM »
   I am aware that all prayer requests are urgent, I would like to address this  thread for " VERY OR EXTREMELY URGENT REQUESTS".

David Battler (davidincalgary), a fellow Canadian emailed me the following request this morning and I quote:

"URGENT PRAYER REQUEST
I have a friend whose wife just dumped him and the kids. The Grandmother took the kids today to a place in alberta (Canada) called Pine Lake to give the kids a break.  We are just receiving  news reports of a wild tornado that touched down in the area. There wee 6-700 trailers in this area; and as the news reports put it: 'Very few of them are standing.' Right now we can't get through to the Grandma. We know that there were deaths, but we don't know how many or who, and it is being reported that there are ' hundreds injured'.

I can't begin to imagine the grief that this guy is going through; but he and his children and Grandma needs our prayers....

I will keep you posted on developments.

Please share this request with your prayer church warriors.

"The joy of the Lord will be your strength." (Neh.8:10).

Your brother in Christ

David T. Battler. "

YES David, we most assuredly will keep all involved in this tragedy in our prayers..

Having driven through the middle of a Tornado when I lived in California, it IS a VERY TERRIFYING EXPERIENCE (from one who knows). Let us pray.

Dear Heavenly Father,
 We pause right now to ask Your special blessing upon this family consisting of father , children and Grandma. O God You know the heartache that the young father is going through, and You hold the keys to understanding the purpose for such tragedies. Father God, may they see that it is Satan who is causing the disasters. We know that Your Holy Spirit is being withdrawn, for in Your word it has been prophesied that such will happen just before Jesus comes again.

Father, I ask, that the family will have the peace of knowing that You are with them, and that "all things work together for good, to those who love You and are called according to Your purpose!

Father, I pray, that Your will be done, in Jesus' name and for His sake, AMEN and AMEN.

Keep "the" faith!
Bro. Laurie

Keep "the" Faith,  Brother Laurie

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2000, 09:47:00 PM »
Amen, Brother Laurie.  I was thinking of Brother David as I realized how close the Tornado was to Calgary. Itis a small world and we suffer with our brothers and sisters as they suffer. May God protect the young children and may this sad experience draw their mother and father close to our Saviour.  All things will work together for good to those who love the Lord.  Last report I heard there were nine killed and one was a two year old. May God comfort the parents and all of those who have lost members of their family.

In His love and grace,   Richard

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Gerry Buck

• http://
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2000, 05:52:00 AM »
It is sad when these things happen to people, but especially to young ones.

Father,
We thank you that you care for us, and that you allow us to serve as care givers here on this world, but, some times we don't know what to do or what needs to be done.

Thank you for the provision of prayer, for the ability to bring our petitions to you, and to receive the strength to do as is needed.

Father we lift up these children of yours, asking that you would be with them all, guiding them in this hour.
Protect them, and, according to your will, bring them together safely.

So much pain and destruction, but it is a sign of the nearness of your return.
Help us to be ready and to guide others to you thatthey may be ready also,
In Jesus precious name we ask it all,
Amen.

------------------
Abstain from ALL  appearence of evil. 1Thess.5:22
Gerry B.

Examine me, O LORD, and prove me: try my reins and my heart.Ps.26:2
Gerry B.

Filipe Reis

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2000, 04:24:00 PM »
Dear friends!
I believe I've told you about this project wich is taking place in my church, Canelas, of putting people in small groups during the week, in some members house's. This has been proving to be just great!
In my group, there were three non adventists. One of them is Mr. Martins, the father of Sofia Carvalho, the house's owner's wife. We were told about Mr. Martins' son, Jorge, who is a drug addicted. He is very bad, and no treatment is worthing for him. Then, we prayed a lot for him, 'cause there no doubt that at the point Jorge reached, there's no human who can help him no more. Only the Son of God can do something!
Please, join us! He is in a dead end! His only light is Jesus, but Jorge doesn't still know what He can do for him.
And, if you don't mind, pray for the other two visitors we had: Mr. Manuel and his son Cesar. They were very happy at these meetings, nad asked us to continue. They also ask to pray for Mr. Manuel's wife who never joined us.
Thank you very much. The attention you've been paying me, fills my heart with joy! Filipe Reis, Portugal.

Laurie Mosher

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2000, 02:56:00 AM »
  Dear Heavenly Father,
 We come to You through the Person of Your Son Jesus asking for intervention in the life of "Jorge", who is drug dependent. Father God, please, we ask that You will step into his life, and turn him around, that he can be freed from this bondage of Satan. Father God, You are the Great Physician, and You ONLY are able to deliver any/all of us from Satan's snares. O God, we ask that each and all of us might realize our true and great need of knowing You and Your plan in each of our lives. Thank You Father for hearing and answering prayer,and this we ask in the Name of Jesus Christ Your Son, and our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, AMEN and AMEN!
 Keep "the" faith!
Bro. Laurie

Laurie Mosher

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2000, 04:06:00 AM »
 I just received this email and will pass it along for you to intercede also. Thanks. Laurie

Dear Brother Laurie
Firstly thanks for filling in. We have an urgent prayer request from one of our church ladies, Heather. Her father is in hospital in intensive care. Had an operation that has apparently gone wrong with his bowel. it was leaking after the first one last week and was operated on again last Monday and has been in the ICU since. His name is Jim Clyde and is in his mid seventies. Please could you put it on the prayer requests. If you read in the testimonies section I have told about Heather and how she had not been to church for over 15 years and rang up on Sabbath morning and asked could she come along and has been for the last three years. Jim's wife Hazel would also like our prayers at this time.
Heather has a big task as she looks after her three young grand kids who at times are not the easiest kids to manage, with a young 12 year old of her own. Her husband is a truck driver so most of the time she does it by herself. She really does need our prayers.
Rudi another church member thanks everyone for their prayers as he is now able to drive.
God bless
Clive

Dear Heavenly Father!
 We approach Your throne of grace, asking that You- the Great Physician- will intervene in Heather's father, Jim Clyde. Father God, Heather has jsut started returning to worship with Your people, and we all ralize, that Satan is endeavoring to instill discouragment and distrust in You. Father, may You overrule and displace the evil one. O God our fortress, in You do we trust. Increase our faith, that we can stand stronger in Your power and might.

Thank You for helping Rudi and we give You all the praise.
May Your will be done, and may we be strengthened also, in Jesus Name and for His sake, AMEN and Amen!

------------------
Keep "the" faith!
 Bro. Laurie

Laurie Mosher

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2000, 03:05:00 AM »
   Sister Clara Crooks sent me the following email. Please remember this man and his family in your daily prayers:

> "Cam Mission (Bruce Bauers)" <sda@bigpond.com.kh>,
> >
> > Subject: Fw: Prayer needed for missionary David> > I received this email from a good friend of mine who is working as a
volunteer teacher for the church in the Ivory Coast, North Africa.
> She has been told about the following missionary in Thailand who is very ill
and needs our prayers.  Please take the time to read this and pray for David Allen.
Thanks,  Derrylea
Dear Brothers and Sisters,
  Please take some time to pray and email this to  other Christians. It's important to pray for our dear Brothers and Sisters around theworld. Ezekiel David Allen is a young missionary on the  Chiang Mai, Thailand
mission team. He is critically ill with an unknown parasite and apparently  WILL DIE WITHIN TWO MONTHS unless there is an intervention by the  Lord.Please help create a global blanket of prayer for David,
Michelle and  their 4 month old daughter, Brianna.
My condition is serious now. The body is beginning  to  break down because I have no more fat or nutrient reserves. My diet consists mostly of vegetable broth, Gatorade
and  saltine crackers. I tried homemade bread a few weeks ago and ended up in the
emergency room. I am in constant  pain  and have taken pain killers regularly. The severe diarrhoea has continued for 7 weeks and I have> been in the  emergency  room 5 times.
in the last 3 days there have been  sharp pains in my kidneys, so they are running tests to see if  my kidneys are infected.
So far, 8 doctors have not been able to diagnose the parasites.  One lab in Dallas thought they had a positive diagnosis (a rare  parasite  called cryptosporidium), but the Public  Health Centre of Disease Control in Houston said it was an  incorrect diagnosis. They have found 2 foreign agents, but no one has ever seen them before  or can identify
them. One is a parasite and  the other looks more like an amoeba. One of the effects of the parasites is  to prevent my GI tract from absorbing nutrition.  The CDC in Atlanta is 3-6 months behind, so they  cannot help in time.  My doctors are trying everyone else. They are in contact  with one of the top infectious disease doctors in Thailand,
and  several of the experts here in the states. I believe that the pictures of the parasites are to  be passed around  until someone can identity them. I am not doing well.  I feel like  I am in a very dark
valley right  now. I have been praying for so long for help with no response, that I  have become discouraged in prayer. This is a  first for me in my life. Michelle and my parents are  being a tremendous support for me,  but they are having a hard time seeing me suffer so  much. My prayers  now are very
elemental "Father, save  me!"  But  the pain continues each day and I continue to lose weight. Please pray  not only for my body, but for my spirit.
I have not known fear like  this before.  I don't want to be fearful, and I don't need to be fearful because  I am  confident in my salvation. I think my fear is related more to  the  thought of not being with my wife
and the new baby. This was  the  happiest time of my life before I> became sick.
 David Allen

We are encouraging everyone we know to lift up David  and his family before  the Lord of Lords. Please forward this message to  those you think  will join  us in this global chain of prayer.  Thanks,
 INTERNATIONAL MISSION BOARD, SBC
 Southern Africa Regional Office
PO Box A-614, Avondale
LIFE IS GOOD BECAUSE GOD IS.

"Thanks God for granting me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and,  the wisdom to know the difference."

Well folks, there it is.

Dear Father in Heaven,
 Father , we bring this young misionary and his family before Your throne of grace, asking that You will intervene and save this young man's life as he continues to minister for You. Father You are the Great Physician, and have All Power. Please Father, take away David's pain and give him the reassurance that You are able to save "even to the uttermost".
 All of us know that the devil is the one who causes these afflictions, but we also know that You have defeated the devil, and please  help David and His family. Most of all Father, may Your will be done./ In Jesus name and for His sake, Amen and Amen!
>

------------------
Keep "the" faith!
 Bro. Laurie

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2000, 10:00:00 AM »
My heart goes out to our brother and his family.  May God turn his great trial in a victory. Is he a Seventh-day Adventist? Can we get an email address for him?

Richard

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Laurie Mosher

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2000, 02:09:00 PM »
  Dear Brothers and Sisters. Here is ANOTHER request from Sr. Clara Crooks:

Edy Holm. Tomorrow at 2 PM California time he will be going to UCLA Hospital for a test with the Usher's Syndrom Doctors to find out
how much sight he has lost so far during this year. (He has RP: Retinitis Pigmentosa).It's always sad to see his mother finding out that he lost more sight every year. And she is already sick antecipating tomorrow's results.

Also, they will take a blood test to see if he could be elegible for an implant of a chip in his brain to  be able to see better - but the problem is that he has to see enough before considering such an operation.
Oh, I am so said  of seeing my dear dear nephew all his life suffering...He
is also completely deaf. You might be wondering if I could be exagerating, but with
Edy..I hardly ever found the common mistakes that I did and that his sister and many teens did during a life time...He is so special, so neat..I wish you could meet him some day.
Ok, I will go now, just wanted to present this request to you, and to ask you to please take it to the Lord in prayer.
Sorry to always ask you so many prayer requests..

Thank you so very much
Your sister in Christ
clara

Dear Heavenly Father,
we present to You this young man with so many problems. Father, we are so tired of hearing about all the problems that Satan causes. And again we ask that You would intervene and bid the devil and his demons depart from our loved ones, that they can be restored to health again.
 Father, we long for the day, when there will be no more sickness or death, a time when our loved ones will be restored to wholeness again. Father please be with Eddy Holm that he will be able to be eligible for further tests and improvements. May Your will be done, and may Jesus come soon!! In His Name and for His sake, Amen, and Amen!
------------------
Keep "the" faith!
 Bro. Laurie

[This message has been edited by Laurie Mosher (edited 08-11-2000).]

Clive Nevell

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2000, 04:35:00 AM »
Heather thanks you for your prayers, her father is out of ICU but still in hospital
Clive

JuJu

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2000, 07:16:00 PM »
I have a unspoken, urgent request for my family.  Please lift us up to the Father's throne.  Thank you so much.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2000, 08:23:00 PM »
Heavenly Father, JuJu has faith in the power of prayer. We ask you to hear our prayers for this family. We come in the name of Jesus and ask not because we are worthy, but because He is. We seek the salvation of this family and ask that you would order things that would reveal your care and concern for their family.  We pray in the precious name of Jesus. Amen.

Laurie Mosher

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2000, 07:14:00 AM »
   Amen Br. Richard and JuJu.

I have just received the following "Praise Report" in answer to prayer, and also another request from Sister Clara.

Dear brother Laurie,

Thank you for your kind words of hope and strength!  Edy has his sight checked and praise God that his sight didn;t get worst during this last year. He has done the blood tests and we are awaiting for the results.
I don't know about Mr. David's health condition yet. I do not know him, but I've asked a missionary couple who first had sent me the e-mail about Mr. David to tell me how he is doing. I will let you know.
Thank you once more
love
clara

Dear brother Laurie,
If I am not burden you with too many prayer requests, I would like to ask you to please pray for my parents as they are crossing the ocean today and tomorrow to come stay with us in US. Their health, special my mother's is in very poor condition. Her heart is very enlarged, she suffers from ashma and many other problems which makes it very hard for her to walk and to breath! She has been such an example of faith and all through the years we have seen God at work in her heart!
Thank you once more
With gratitude
clara

Dear heavenly Father!
 I thank You that You hear my prayers. Father, we bring before Your throne of Grace, Sister Clara's parents as they prepare for theis sea voyage. Father, I personally know what an affliction Asthma is , and I just ask that Clara's mother can be free from this lung condition. May they travel safely as Your angels go before them, and may they arrive soon with their loved ones waiting. Thank You father for hearing our prayers. In Jesus Name and for His sake, AMEN and Amen!

------------------
Keep "the" faith!
 Bro. Laurie

Clive Nevell

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2000, 01:50:00 PM »
I called into see Jim Clyde (Hearher's father) on the Adventist appeal. He came out of hospital last Tuesday, feeling much better but still needs our prayers as he was on a ventillator when I was there. He thanked me for all the prayers that were prayed on his behalf and is very happy to be home.
Clive

Laurie Mosher

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2000, 06:14:00 PM »
   Amen! Praise the Lord for hearing prayer!

------------------
Keep "the" faith!
 Bro. Laurie

Clive Nevell

« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2000, 12:38:00 PM »
I have a prayer request that has become urgent, we need rain. We are on tank water and our tank is down to about six inches of drinking water. It has never run dry. We have turned off the hot water service to conserve what we have left. Not only us but Heather is also very low. (all the town is low) She takes her washing into town and uses the local laundrymat to save on her small supply. Our dam is low but will hokld out for another six months. We use that for everthing bar drinking. The main dam that suplies the town is less than 40% full, it will become very critical for them in six months.

Father in heaven we now pray for the refreshing rains that are most needed in our area and as a result of the rain may the people here realize the all of these gifts are from you.
We ask this request through the precious blood of Jesus our Saviour.
Amen

Clive

Liane H

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2000, 01:00:00 PM »
I wish for all of you to pray for me in one thing.  I talk to God, I study His word, but I have always been a hard thing for me to just get right down and pray for others and myself.  

Part I think has been because at church I do not hear the prayers, so I get turned off or I just pray my own.  When I am in a group I have the same problem. So I just don't pray.  I do not have a problem with asking others to pray for me or others, I just have this problem.  

Please pray for me to have the courage to learn how to pray on a daily basis.  To participate in the prayer group on the forum. I find it hard to find the words sometimes.

Dear Lord:

Please help me to have the courage to learn how to speak to you in prayer.  To accept that I do not need to hear what others say and be content to talk to you.  I don't just want it to be anymore me talking away on the to work, for reading the Bible, I want to learn to speak to you with my own words for myself and others.

Thank you God for all the blessings I have received from knowing you. God I am ashamed that I have let this part of my relationship not grow. Take this humble effort of mine and accept these words from my heart.

Liane

Liane, the Zoo Mama
Romans 8:19   For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2000, 07:55:00 AM »
Brother Clive, having been to your part of the world, I can understand the seriousness of the situation.  Let me share with those that are not familiar, that many homes collect rain  water from off their roofs. When there is no rain, there is no water.

In my part of the world we get our rain in the winter which is coming soon. Do you not get your rain in the summer which is coming soon?

Dear heavenly Father, you are so good to us, the children of men. Thank you for providing all of our needs. We bring the situation in Queensland, Australia to your attention and ask you to bless them with the needed rainfall that they may have their crops and water to drink and clean. We understand there are some that will abuse your blessings, but we know that you continue to bless them as well as your faithful servants. Please cause the rain to fall upon this dry and thirsty land that your people may continue to be a light in this dark part of the world.

We also ask you pour out your Spirit upon our Brother and his family and his church that they may be your witnesses. We want to hasten the soon coming of Jesus. We pray in the precious name of Jesus, amen.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2000, 08:03:00 AM »
Sister Liane, your prayers are beautiful. I remember the difficulty that Ellen White spoke of when she first began to pray publicly. Jesus is the One who gives us the words to speak as we learn to look to Him. The more we see our need of Him and turn to Him for whatever we need, the more He will give.  

You are seeking Him and in turn He is leading you. Do not grow weary, do not trust in feelings, just keep moving forward seeking Christ. Ask for the Holy Spirit before you pray and you can claim the promise that He will be given.  

In His His love and grace,    Richard

ps....Brother Laurie is very busy and I am helping him out. He will adding his prayers also. Lord we add our prayer for Brother Laurie and ask you to encourage him today as he encourages us so often with his prayers, amen.

Clive Nevell

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2000, 10:08:00 AM »
Brother Richard our rain should come in the summer, it did last year. To date this year we have had 13 inches to the same time last year we had 32 inches. We have big dams to the NW of us that supply Brisbane and they have enough water there to last them 10 years without rain. We only have our own supply and are not able to tap into there water at all.
Clive