Author Topic: Prayer Requests  (Read 187618 times)

colporteur

Re: Prayer Requests
« Reply #540 on: January 19, 2018, 04:52:11 PM »

Prayer request for my mother. I believe she is either demon possessed or at least heavily harassed daily. Her temper has become vicious and unreasonable and has only gotten worse as she has gotten up in age. It would take a miracle as character does not change over night. Her only hope is deliverance. Please pray for my mother, Liz. Thanks :'(
It's easier to slow a fast horse down than to get a dead one going.

Dorine

« Reply #541 on: January 20, 2018, 10:00:18 AM »
CP I have prayed for your Mother Liz and will continue to do so. This is a very sad and heartbreaking situation for you to face. But it is our privilege to lift her up to the Healer of every malady. It also gives you an opportunity to show her God's love by your patience and compassion. God will give you the grace you need.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

JimB

• Servant
  • Assistant Administrator
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
« Reply #542 on: January 20, 2018, 10:47:54 AM »
Cp, will be praying for your situation and mother.
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #543 on: January 21, 2018, 09:10:38 AM »
Yes, we will pray for your mother, cp. None have a character so bad that Jesus cannot transform it. We read in Scripture of demon possessed that were delivered from their demons. So, it is today, Jesus does not change. He can heal the sick today as well. We are living witnesses of the greatest miracle God can do, recreate us in His image.

While it takes time to produce an abundant harvest of fruit in the life, at conversion you mother can have all of the fruits of the Spirit right then and there! This radical transformation of character, Jesus can do in a moment. But, conversion is the end of a long protracted process of wooing by the Holy Spirit. As Sister Doreen has encouraged you, for many years your character has been testifying to the miracle of conversion to your mother.

You are the very best tool in God's hand to lead your mother to Jesus. As you demonstrate every one of the fruits of the Spirit when in great difficulties, you are witnessing to her the miracle of God that He wants to give her.

Heavenly Father, we come to you asking that you give our dear Brother colporteur, wisdom and grace to continue to minister to his mother. We pray for the angels and the Holy Spirit to work in ways they would not have worked if we had not prayed for this dear mother for whom you suffered and died. We thank you for answering this prayer in the very best way you can. We pray in the precious name of Jesus, amen.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

colporteur

« Reply #544 on: January 21, 2018, 03:47:21 PM »

Yes, the problem is that we do not get along. She is in a nursing home because she is nigh well impossible to be around and cannot always take of herself as she is on a lot of meds going from doctor to doctor to doctor to doctor. She holds a lot of grudges and is bitter to the bone. Last time we talked on the phone she was so mad about the people in the home she was talking about killing them and " somebody ought to hang her" type stuff. She does not mean it but it sounds terrible. I have told her before that I will not talk to her if she keeps talking that way plus that is not good stuff to have someone potentially record. She accused my daughter of something entirely untrue. When I told her to don't go there she cussed me out and hung up the phone. She has never really surrendered her heart to God so naturally she is not happy and she has always had a hot temper. Whenever we talk very early on she goes on a rant and just keeps it up. My brother lives close to her but she gets in between him and his wife. He is on his fourth wife and knows not the Lord either.
It's easier to slow a fast horse down than to get a dead one going.

ejclark

« Reply #545 on: January 21, 2018, 05:28:57 PM »
That is so sad. We will pray for you and her as well.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #546 on: January 22, 2018, 05:20:34 AM »
cp, that makes your love for her even more a witness of the grace of God. And, yes, you must protect your children from her until they are mature enough to love her and withstand the assaults.  We will continue to pray for your family.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Sister Marie

• May God's Light Shine On Us All
« Reply #547 on: April 15, 2018, 07:14:11 AM »
Please pray for my husband Bob. He is almost 91 this month and is on Hospis here at home now.
Blessings,
Sister Glass Wiese (Marie)
With Christian Love,
Marie

Dorine

« Reply #548 on: April 15, 2018, 07:57:09 AM »
Sister Glass I have just prayed for both you and Bob. It's not an easy time of life but God will sustain you. He has promised that His grace is sufficient.

Isaiah 46:4 says...."Even to your old age I am he; and even to hoar hairs will I carry you: I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and I will deliver you."

And one of my favorites is......Hebrews 13:5, I will NEVER leave thee, nor forsake thee."

May God's blessings of strength and courage be with you this day and in the days to come.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Sister Marie

« Reply #549 on: April 15, 2018, 08:33:20 AM »
Thank you Dorine, He will see us through everything this world and this life gives us.

Thank you for your prayers dear sister.
Blessings,
Marie
With Christian Love,
Marie

Sister Marie

« Reply #550 on: April 15, 2018, 08:38:01 AM »
So sorry to hear that CP. My mother was a lot like that. She too ended up in
a nursing home after her husband died. She could not care for herself either.
But in there they medicated her and she became much more manageable.
I hate to say it, but I did not have the chance to see her much. Lived across
the country. When I did finely move closer it was still 3-4 hours away.
By that time I was hurting too bad to travel very far. But hopefully we
will both be in the Kingdom and I can see her normal and happy. I pray
the same for you and your mom.
Blessings,
Marie
With Christian Love,
Marie

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #551 on: April 16, 2018, 10:01:02 AM »
Heavenly Father, we ask that you comfort Pastor Bob  as he soon will be at rest from the trials and tribulations of this world. Give our dear Sister Marie wisdom and grace to minister to her husband. Your Spirit and promises are of such comfort at such a time. Send angels and your Spirit to comfort this family in this time of both sorrow and joy. Sorrow in suffering and loss, but joy in peace and the knowledge of eternal life in Christ Jesus. We pray in the precious name of Jesus, amen.

Sister Marie

« Reply #552 on: April 16, 2018, 04:17:27 PM »
Amen! Bob is really doing better on oxygen and treatments. His lungs and heart liners are very very stiff. But to see him this comfortable is a real blessing. Thank you so much for your kind prayers. We need them always dear brother.
With Christian Love,
Marie

Dorine

« Reply #553 on: April 21, 2020, 06:01:28 AM »
Some of you may have heard of the terrible tragedy that took place here in Nova Scotia Saturday night into Sunday morning. A lone gunman starting in a small community started on a rampage of arson and murder as he traveled towards Halifax. The last count we have is 18 but they are expecting to find bodies in the 5 houses that were burned. Some of the people he knew but others were random targets. He killed his parents, then went to the neighbours next door and killed them.  It is the worst killing spree in the history of Canada. It came to a stop in East Hants with him being shot and killed by the RCMP. (We live in West Hants so it wasn't far away and we know the area well)

The sad thing is that he was known as a very nice, happy, kind, helpful guy. He owned a big log home on a lake. Apparently happily married with children. My daughter's neigbours son lives next door to the shooter. He had nothing but good to say about him. He was 51 years old. Of course the media has all kinds of assumptions and scenario's as to the why's and how's but we've been hearing from some who actually knew him. He was a professional man. A Denturist. 

Please remember in your prayers the families of these victims. It is plain to see that God is withdrawing His Holy Spirit from this earth. We are not safe anywhere except we abide in Christ.

Dorine

« Reply #554 on: April 21, 2020, 04:46:20 PM »
This is a short clip on the story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQdCa2pVhPA

I don't know if this is the right forum to post this in. Please move to the appropriate one. The current count is up to 22 and they are expecting to find more victims.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #555 on: April 21, 2020, 08:44:55 PM »
How very sad!  God is indeed withdrawing His Spirit from the Earth. We have been warned. Many hearts are trembling as we see disaster after disaster. God's grace is sufficient for all that comes to those who love Jesus supremely. Let us point others to Jesus, and pray for those suffering loss. Thank you for sharing, Sister Dorine.

Marelis

« Reply #556 on: April 23, 2020, 04:42:11 AM »
Words fail me, Dorine  :'(
"Thou wilt show me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore."  Ps 16:11

Cop

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #557 on: November 19, 2020, 09:02:10 AM »
Please remember my wife Cathy in your prayers. She had a stroke and is now blind in her left eye. God bless you all.
My religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me....That is the way all men should live, and then all would be equally brave."
— Stonewall Jackson

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #558 on: November 20, 2020, 09:24:24 PM »
We will Brother Cop.  Sorry I missed your post yesterday. We are all experiencing one trial after another as Jesus is preparing us for His soon return. The world is being turned upside down!  We are not surprised, for we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against our sinful flesh and the fallen one who seeks to destroy us all. But, he can do nothing that God does not allow! Praise God! Have a blessed Sabbath my dear brother and sister!

Dorine

« Reply #559 on: November 21, 2020, 05:33:19 AM »
You and your wife Cathy are certainly in my prayers. May God bring peace to your hearts as you trust fully in Him to do what is best for all. We do not understand why things happen the way they do but we know that we live in a sinful world that is about to end. There is heartache and suffering all around but soon it will all be over and a new and glorious eternity awaits us. Blessings to you both this Sabbath day.