Author Topic: Prayer Requests  (Read 187694 times)

Esther 7

• http://
Re: Prayer Requests
« Reply #280 on: August 13, 2009, 11:50:09 AM »
I'm going on a trip overnight and possibly two and it's about a seven hour drive. I have one child at Scout camp, and my oldest is staying home alone while I take my daughter with me. First time for anything like this, and as a single mom this is difficult for me. Please pray for our safety on the trip, my son's at home, as well as my son as camp. This is not easy for me so please also pray for me to have faith beyond measure, trust, and peace that passes understanding.

Thank you all and God bless,
Sister Esther

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #281 on: August 13, 2009, 04:38:53 PM »
Our prayers are with you, dear Esther. I am convinced God gives single mothers/fathers extra help.

Brian, this is such exciting news! Oh that Mother's brothers and sisters would read the GC she had me send them a couple of years ago. I am fearful they didn't shelve them but tossed them.

I pray your wife's step father will keep up the questions and that the Holy Spirit will truly open his mind through that book.

**edited to include single fathers  :)
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #282 on: August 13, 2009, 06:56:56 PM »
He has now requested a copy of a biography so he can learn more about her and he'd like to visit Historic Adventist Village to see the house she lived in. Please pray for us and him.

Will pray for him!  Try giving him Early Writings. My son asked me for information on Ellen White. I gave him the book and he loves it. It really surprised me. He has read it a couple of times.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #283 on: August 13, 2009, 06:59:37 PM »
May God keep you safe, dear Sister Esther and your son in your absence!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Esther 7

• http://
« Reply #284 on: August 17, 2009, 01:06:24 PM »
Thank you all for your prayers! It was a safe and uneventful trip. Also, after sleeping in the car the first night and not getting any rest, we were approached by a young Seventh day Adventist man working at the store I traveled to for bulk foods. He knew that we were traveling a great distance and had called his wife to ask her if they could put us up on an air mattress in their living room! Wow! She came down to meet us and she was someone I knew from years back! Praise the Lord! So I felt very comfortable and we slept so well, had showers, and in the morning they made vegetarian breakfast for us and we shared a Sabbath morning worship! What a blessing!!! Also, my son will be attending this college and they gave themselves as a contact for him should he feel homesick, etc....

GOD IS GOOD!!!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #285 on: August 17, 2009, 02:07:21 PM »
Amen!!

LindaRS

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #286 on: September 11, 2009, 04:07:24 AM »
I'm requesting prayer for God to show us what to do as we are in some very uncertain circumstances at this time. There are time constraints and we need answers quickly.
O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. O Lord, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing. Jeremiah  10:23-24

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #287 on: September 11, 2009, 06:17:54 AM »
Tirza, you and your family are ever in my prayers.

LindaRS

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #288 on: September 11, 2009, 07:16:22 AM »
Thank you, Sybil
O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. O Lord, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing. Jeremiah  10:23-24

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #289 on: September 11, 2009, 07:20:36 AM »
Heavenly Father, we are blessed to be able to come to you and ask for your wisdom. Sister Tirza recognizes that in you is all power and wisdom and seeks your help that her decisions will bring honor and glory to you. We know that you have answered this prayer even before it was prayed. We thank you in the precious name of Jesus, amen.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #290 on: September 11, 2009, 07:26:20 AM »
Oh, Sister, what trying times we live in. It seems the 11th chapter in 1T was just for me this morning then I thought of you. God has a plan for each of us - what that plan is is not always so obvious. I am going to spend extra time this morning in prayer for you in this circumstance. In the meanwhile, I know you are inquiring: "Search me, O God, if there be anything between me and Thee. Hedge me up closely to Your bosom. Guide me to that perfect place Thou wouldst have me be, not of my own desire, but Thine."  

That you can “run and not be weary”; you can “walk and not faint,” for you can realize by faith that you have your hand in the hand of Christ. You will not sink under discouragement, for as you follow on to know the Lord, trusting in Him, you will have the assurance that the One who never forsakes those who fully trust Him is your constant Helper, is my prayer, my dear sister and friend.

Linda K

• Wordkeeping
« Reply #291 on: September 11, 2009, 03:41:33 PM »
Tirza, you are in my prayers.

Romans 8:35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
 36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
 37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
 38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
 39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Brian M

« Reply #292 on: September 11, 2009, 06:48:30 PM »
We will be praying for you as well!
Open thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of thy law. Psalm 119:18

Dora

• For the battle is not yours, but God's.
« Reply #293 on: September 11, 2009, 07:12:49 PM »
Last night our friend called, their baby is due near the last of October.  The mom has had to go back on bed rest because the baby is "trying to be born now."  The Dr said if she can go 9 more days, the baby has good hope for survival, but the first or mid October is what they are hoping for.  This is their first child, and they are asking for prayer that he get here alive and well.  Please pray with me for this precious family.
Dora

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #294 on: September 11, 2009, 08:36:46 PM »
We will pray for your friends, dear sister. It is very sad that there is so much suffering in this world. But, God uses it for our good and His glory as we submit to Him. The love that parents have for children is great. God puts it there. I have wondered how some people who are so far removed from God have healthy children and then some consecrated parents have so much suffering because of difficulties beyond their control with their children. We know that all will work together for good as we abide in Christ.

And as we pray for your friend, we are well aware that many will be laid to rest before probation closes. Jesus is coming soon, so we need to fortify our minds for this experience. From what I have seen, it appears to be happening now.  Come soon, Lord Jesus!

Kathleen

Husband Having Surgery Mon at 8:am
« Reply #295 on: September 13, 2009, 04:14:30 PM »
My husband Bruce, is having a Defibrillator/Pacemaker surgery tomorrow morning at 8AM.  His heart is only pumping 33%.  Please pray for him.  Thank you in advance.  Kathleen :-*

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #296 on: September 13, 2009, 04:21:04 PM »
We will, dear sister. I am sorry his heart is so sick. Heart disease is everywhere it seems. We will also pray for you.  :-*

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #297 on: September 13, 2009, 04:22:11 PM »
Last night our friend called, their baby is due near the last of October.  The mom has had to go back on bed rest because the baby is "trying to be born now."  The Dr said if she can go 9 more days, the baby has good hope for survival, but the first or mid October is what they are hoping for.  This is their first child, and they are asking for prayer that he get here alive and well.  Please pray with me for this precious family.

Dora, is she doing well?

Kathleen

Bruce's surgery
« Reply #298 on: September 14, 2009, 12:26:20 PM »
Bruce came through his surgery OK.  If it is working correctly, he will come home tomorrow.  YEAH!  Thank you so much for your prayers.  Kathleen  :-*

Sister Dee

Re: Bruce's surgery
« Reply #299 on: September 14, 2009, 12:39:11 PM »
Bruce came through his surgery OK.  If it is working correctly, he will come home tomorrow.  YEAH!  Thank you so much for your prayers.  Kathleen  :-*

Thank you for the update, Kathleen.  I am sure many of us will continue to pray for Bruce.