Author Topic: Prayer Requests  (Read 189936 times)

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
Re: Prayer Requests
« Reply #340 on: February 17, 2010, 01:53:13 PM »
Amen! The trials of a mother are endless, although strength for today is assured as we submit to Him. God bless you, Diane!
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #341 on: February 18, 2010, 11:33:25 AM »
The young are indestructible!  Or so they think. God hears prayer. We will be praying for your son, dear sister.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Sister Dee

« Reply #342 on: February 18, 2010, 02:53:27 PM »
Thank you, all! 

Now, I have one more prayer request.  Today we took the children to a park to play.  We were there less than an hour and someone needed to go potty!   :D  So, we headed over to the local Walmart.  It was at that point that my husband realized his wallet was not on his person.  We immediately headed back to the park and looked all over.  Not there.  Maybe it got left at home?  We came back and searched around and couldn't find it.   :(

There was one fellow hanging around the park and left while we were there.  It was probably no more than half an hour from the time we left until the time we returned.  By then there were other folks there.  Who knows? 

My main concern is over the Social Security card he lost.  I know, I know!  You're not supposed to carry those around with you.   :-[    I'm praying that whoever found the wallet just took out what little cash was in there and trashed the rest. 

Sister Dee

« Reply #343 on: February 18, 2010, 04:04:05 PM »
I was in the midst of editing my previous post when time ran out!  Anyway, here's the rest of the story. 

We were just about to go out the door to buy him another wallet and take care of a few things.  I decided to check around one more time and found it in the pants he'd worn yesterday!   ;D  He'd checked, too, but he checked the wrong pants!   :D

You know, I'd looked at the back pocket of the pants he was wearing today and couldn't imagine how the wallet could have bounced out.  The pocket seement too deep for that. 

God is good!  Even if the wallet would have really been lost, He is still good!  Always!   :)

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #344 on: February 18, 2010, 04:47:35 PM »
Oh!!!!! I am so happy it was found! What a blessing!

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #345 on: February 19, 2010, 07:35:46 AM »
A friend of mine of another Christian denomination has asked that we petition heaven for a potential job she is applying for. Her name is Pari and she is a mother and wife who has become the sole provider for the family. God knows if she should stay in her current position or take this new one. She has seen the evidence of our praying for "my patient" and requested it this morning.

Pray God's will for her. Thank you so much!

Dora

• For the battle is not yours, but God's.
« Reply #346 on: February 19, 2010, 08:46:45 AM »
Thanking God for prayers answered, Diane. He is good! And, will remember your friend, too, Sybil. Yes, prayer is the key in the hand of faith that unlocks heaven's storehouse...and "Ye have not, because ye ask not."

On that note, I asked for prayer some time ago about a family situation.  A part of that situation has been taken care of very well! Praise God! It had seemed to put a small rift between my precious daughter and myself, and that is no more.  But, there is still a part (un-named) that has not been yet worked out, concerning another dear family member and a friend. I am praying this will be resolved before campmeeting if possible, to avoid more complications. I would appreciate your prayers for the best to be done in God's will. Sorry to be so vague, but if this is read by someone who knows them, it is better this way.
Dora

Sister Dee

« Reply #347 on: February 19, 2010, 08:50:23 AM »
Praying for both of your requests, Sybil and Dora! 

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #348 on: February 19, 2010, 11:15:08 AM »
Prayer works!!  :) God loves us and wants us to love Him more. He wants us to turn to Him with our cares, perplexities, and needs. He loves to answer our prayers as we trust fully in Him. These posts reveal that He is real. Many will read in the future and be encouraged by how God is working in our lives and that we do indeed value the opportunity we have to pray. We place this forum at the beginning of our forums hoping that it will receive the attention that it ought to have. Prayer is our connection with our God, it is the opportunity we have to tell Him of our love and our needs. He loves to hear us praying for others.

With that in mind, I want to ask for prayers for all Seventh-day Adventist ministers. There is a day soon coming, it may already be here, when the judgment of the living will begin. This judgment will begin with the "ancient men", the church leaders. They are on vantage ground and have had great opportunity to understand what is truth. They need our prayers very much. I know that many of your are already praying for  them, but we need to be reminded. Some will be helpful in the finishing of the work. Like the Apostle Paul, some will be true to God's Word. And some are already true to God's Word. They need our prayers as they face much trial.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Immanuel

• Senior Moderator
  • Jesus is My Judge
    • Emmanuel Institute of Evangelism
« Reply #349 on: March 26, 2010, 10:37:34 AM »
My wife's grandmother just passed away this morning. Unfortunately she was not a believer despite many attempts to share the gospel with her. I ask that you would pray specifically for a number of relatives that were close to this lady that this sad event would awaken them to the fact that this world has nothing to offer.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #350 on: March 26, 2010, 10:49:25 AM »
Amen - we will, Immanuel. My condolences to your dear wife.

Dora

• For the battle is not yours, but God's.
« Reply #351 on: March 26, 2010, 11:19:38 AM »
Yes, Dear Immanuel, as we know, sorrows like this can awaken hearts to Jesus. I will be in prayer for your wife, family, and you as you support and encourage them through this time.
Dora

Sister Dee

« Reply #352 on: March 26, 2010, 02:21:01 PM »
I am praying for your wife and the family as well. 

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #353 on: March 26, 2010, 08:19:21 PM »
We will be praying, dear brother. Death brings eternal realities to the minds of many. We will be praying for you and your family to know how you can help in this sorrowful situation.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #354 on: July 22, 2010, 09:40:02 PM »
My wife has an eye difficulty. Went to the doctor  today and they will be doing some tests next week. Your prayers are appreciated. An artist needs eyes that work! 

JimB

• Servant
  • Assistant Administrator
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
« Reply #355 on: July 23, 2010, 08:49:54 AM »
Will be praying... eye problems are no fun. :(
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #356 on: July 23, 2010, 09:11:35 AM »
Amen!

Sister Dee

« Reply #357 on: July 25, 2010, 08:50:32 AM »
I am praying for your dear wife as well.  Do keep us updated, Brother Richard! 

Vicki

« Reply #358 on: July 30, 2010, 06:53:20 PM »
Richard, it's been a week. Any news?

(What kind of art work does she do?)

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #359 on: July 30, 2010, 10:34:09 PM »
She is a graphics artist.  She used to do oils and colored pencil, but now she is on the computer. She did wildlife while working with oils. She is a professional, not of the modern art form.  I will take a picture of one of her paintings and post it.

From what we can tell at this point, it looks like she has some loss in one eye with her central vision. Thank you for the prayers. They are appreciated.

When I think about my vision, I am always reminded of Moses. We are told that at 120 his vision was not dimmed. :)  I think things have changed somewhat. But, lifestyle has a lot to do with vision as well as other aspects of health. We need to be so very thankful that God loves us and wants us to be in good health...and gave us so much counsel regarding health.

Sadly, many reject or neglect this counsel and suffer in consequence. Prevention is worth a thousand pounds of cure today. More and more we find that there is no cure for much of what ails us. Better to keep the dirt out of the gas tank than to have to take the car in for repairs after the engine quits working.