Author Topic: Firefox  (Read 34782 times)

Lewis

Re: Firefox
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2009, 11:31:09 AM »
Is this feature of private browsing different than the add on that has been available?

Lewis

« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2009, 11:34:58 AM »
I guess it is not the same. Looking in the addons, this new version has disabled most of my themes and extensions because it says they are incompatible with this version  :( Even the addons I downloaded to magnify my pages has been disabled! I had track me not, private browsing, page zoom buttons, no squint, google black, key scrambler to name a few that have been disabled.

LindaRS

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2009, 12:02:40 PM »
I've downloaded, but not installed. I'll wait awhile 'cause I usually end up with addons that won't work. And then it's a nuisance waiting for the addon authors to catch up. Thanks, Lewis, for the heads up.
O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. O Lord, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing. Jeremiah  10:23-24

Lewis

« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2009, 01:34:52 PM »
Key Scrambler is working with this new version.

JimB

• Servant
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2009, 01:41:03 PM »
Yes, it's true. It will break a few of the addons. In my case it wasn't anything significant. I lost eQuake and a couple of others but my most important ones stayed in-tact. However, I won't promise that for everyone.

It might be best to like Tirza and wait a couple of weeks for the authors of the addons to catch up with the new version. I'm gonna wait for PortableApps.com in order to put it on my usb flash drive.
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2009, 06:20:00 PM »
All of my addons are working with the new version and there are close to 20 of them.
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2009, 12:21:14 PM »
How long does it take FF to open up with all the addons?
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

JimB

• Servant
« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2009, 01:06:25 PM »
I have not noticed any increase in FireFox's startup time.
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2009, 02:23:34 AM »
Firefox 3.5.2 has a new feature. At the top of the browser there is a "plus" tab for opening new window. I like the convenience of it.

Lewis

« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2009, 06:56:21 AM »
Before this new version of Firefox, you could go to their addons and download that feature in.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2009, 10:50:56 AM »
The startup time is quite a bit different between my two computers. I hooked up my newer box and it opens quickly while my older one takes quite awhile. It may be software related or it may be the processor, dual core vs single core.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

JimB

• Servant
« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2009, 12:40:17 PM »
Dual core vs. single is a big difference in "horse power". A slow load time can be very hard to diagnose as there is so much going on in the "newer" computers.

My Firefox is slow loading up but that is because I use the "portable" version that sits on my thumb-drive. That way I can take it everywhere I go and when I need it all my bookmarks are there and it doesn't leave behind all sorts of unwanted temp files on the host computer.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #52 on: December 25, 2009, 04:25:55 AM »
Good morning, everyone. We had a problem with right-clicking with the mouse for copying/cutting/pasting while using Firefox. It worked fine with Internet Explorer but was a "no go" with Firefox so when all else failed,   ::) I went to Mozilla's Help desk and found a solution:

http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Right-clicking+does+not+work?bl=n&s=right%20click

Right-clicking does not work

If you find that nothing happens when you right-clickhold down the Ctrl key while you click on a webpage, it is a known issue caused by the Yahoo! Toolbar for Firefox.

Yahoo!® has been contacted about this issue.

For now, disabling the Yahoo Toolbar add-on will prevent this issue.

1. At the top of the Firefox window On the menu bar, click on the Tools menu then select Add-ons, to open the Add-ons window.
   2. Select the Extensions panel.
   3. In the list of extensions, select the Yahoo! Toolbar, and click Disable.
   4. Click on Restart Firefox.

I am not a fan of toolbars anyway and for the life of me, I cannot recall installing Yahoo's toolbar on purpose. It may have come with another application but one day, all of a sudden, it was there on the Firefox browser.

I hope this information helps you.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #53 on: December 25, 2009, 06:15:19 AM »
Thank you, dear sister. I experienced the same, but just worked around it.  It in nice to have my right click back!!  :)  Apparently it is not restricted to the Yahoo toolbar. Had another report to remove the IE tab. Did not check it out, but if anyone is experiencing this problem, there may be other ad-ons that are buggy.

And I do not recall asking for a Yahoo toolbar either. My browser window is pretty large on top. Eight lines on top before my open windows begins. I am counting all lines. It is about a third of the screen.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #54 on: December 25, 2009, 07:15:00 AM »
Once accustomed to right-clicking, it is very difficult to use the Edit tab. Am thrilled to have it back.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #55 on: January 24, 2010, 04:39:25 PM »
3.5.7 is out and read for installation. https://wiki.mozilla.org/Releases/Firefox_3.5.7  I gather it is beta.

JimB

• Servant
« Reply #56 on: January 24, 2010, 08:25:46 PM »
I haven't looked yet at the link you posted but I don't think that 3.5.7 is beta. Normally beta versions are not published through the update option. However, I do think that 4.0 is beta.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2010, 08:42:32 PM »
It is interesting how I was notified. It appeared as a pop up that never "popped up" before. Firefox has not done that in the past that I can recall so I was suspicious in the beginning until it checked out, so it was downloaded.

LindaRS

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2010, 09:14:17 PM »
What? You don't get that little box that slides in from the bottom left announcing a new upgrade??? I get it all the time.
O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. O Lord, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing. Jeremiah  10:23-24

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #59 on: January 24, 2010, 09:30:05 PM »
Yes, I have received those. This one came as a large notice, covering most of the webpage I had open at the time. It was not like the rest, small and unobtrusive.