Author Topic: Personal Testimonies  (Read 110177 times)

Joan

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #240 on: February 03, 2002, 09:49:00 AM »
 :o 3" of water in your water tank  :o

You're part of six-headed family. That's hardly enough water to boil a kettle of tea! How ever do you get your kids clean ? Roll them around outside in the desert and hope the sand will scrub off their dirt ?

Well, Clive ole brother, I will cut my shower tomorrow morning to three minutes instead of four, in honor of your water shortage and then go out to my desk and pray in kneeling for rain to come to Queensland.

Joan

Clive Nevell

• http://
Personal Testimonies
« Reply #241 on: February 03, 2002, 01:47:00 PM »
After the rain we now have about four inches in it. It is a bit ower than I would normally let it get but the chance of rain cominmg always looked good, until now it has not come. We use dam water for the rest of the house so we can all have good showers.
Blessings
Clive

Liane H

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #242 on: February 03, 2002, 03:13:00 PM »
Some of you may already be aware that I have a correspondence through Someone Cares to inmates in prisons. Next Sabbath I will be giving this testimony in my church.

How this works is that someone like me joins Someone Cares and fills out application to be a pen pal to a inmate in prison. The inmate never knows your address and you can use another name than your own in your correspondence with the inmates. You can be a child or an old persn, male or female.

All of this is for your potection. Everything is done through Someone Cares and is somewhat slow, but it works. When I started this program of writing, which I like to do, I asked for four names. I thought that out of four I would get perhaps two that might want to write me, maybe only one. Out of the first four I ended up with three that wrote back and I have continued to correspond with them now for six months.

Now the story of the fourth one is a story of a testimony of this inmate and how we got together. One of the names I was given was in a prison in Arizona. The guidelines says one should write at least three times before giving up because so many things could happen, which I did with no response back from this inmate.

I sent his information back to Someonce Cares to get another name so that I would have four inmates. Why four I cannot tell you, but a voice said four would be enough. Well Someone Cares sent me another name with his information and initial letter. I wrote to him to see what would happen. It turned out that he was a Seventh-day Adventist and was so glad to have another SDA to write to.

During this time I got a letter that was addressed to me through Someone Cares but I never got the application they are to fill out sent to me and his name was not familiar. Well it turned out that the former inmate that never wrote me gave my name and the address of Someone Cares to him and that was why he was writing.

He wrote a very nice letter but was a young man of looking for a long term mate relationship and that was not going to work with me as I was much older than him and not interested in any long term relationship (long story). So I wrote him back a polite letter explaining the rules and the conditions in which he would write. It was my expectation that I would never hear from him again and by that time I had my fourth inmate and felt complete.    

This is how the whole miracle of this story turns out.

The original inmate and the prison that he was in at the time had the program through Someone Cares. During my letter writing to him he was transferred to another prison and for some reason kept my name with the address of Someone Cares with him during the move.

When he got to the new prison he came across this young man finding out that he was interested in writing to someone gave my name and address to him. This prison does not have the Someone Cares program there.

He writes to me and I wrote him back stating he had to work with Someone Cares using their address and fill out the application form and agree to the rules. Also I made it clear that if he was looking for this long term mate relationship he needed to look elsewhere or if he wanted to continue writing I would try and help him find other pen pal groups that were for what he was looking for.

It was expected by me that I would never hear from him again. How wrong I was.

Not only did he write but sent me much information about him. It turns out that he took the Amazing Facts Bible Studies starting in April 2000, fullfilled his obligation and received his certificate of completion and became baptized into the SDA faith. Completed through the Chaplain program at his prison the changes he wanted in his diet as a SDA are part of his life now.

Just think how God worked this out for this young man. One inmate from another prison who had the Someone Cares program who is not SDA was sent to a prison that did not have the Someone Cares program and gave my name to this young SDA man.

Now I have two inmates that are SDA's. I also have five to write to now instead of four. Three of the others are not SDA, but one does keep the Sabbath, but believes very different from me, but we bless each other in our love for God.

Since partaking of this program I have found myself enjoying blessings from God and through these inmates that I never knew could be experienced. I did not realize how deep and caring some of these men can be and how much you can find to write about. What I thought what would become casual correspondence to fill my time I found myself longing for the letters to come and read what they have to say to me.

How they share their love for God and how God has transformed their lives in those dark places called prisons has touched my heart and soul, I have been blessed by their testimony of God working in their lives.

This is the testimony that God has given me to tell. Their testimony and my testimony of the blessings I have recieved from God from this wonderful experience.

Matthew:

25:35   For I was an hungered, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:  
25:36   Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in PRISON, and ye came unto me.

Everyone should read the rest of this for themselves. It is the message of the judgment and of eternal life.

Liane

Liane, the Zoo Mama
Romans 8:19   For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

Allan F

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #243 on: March 01, 2002, 11:11:00 AM »
Hello,
I want to share a little story which happened one week ago, which showed me how God helps in small things. Last thursday I finished my winter semester at the Czech university where I am studying. With one week free I started the long journey home to Norway with my car. My plan was to drive through Germany up to Rostock and take the ferry over to Denmark and stay at some relatives for the weekend.

When I came to Rostock it was really bad weather, snowing and blowing. And the sigt was not very good. Because of the bad weather and the fact that I had never been in this big city before and had no map, and also had a time limit, I really wondered if I should find the right ferry to Denmark in time.
I sent a silent prayer to God and asked him to help me.

As I approached the city there were several signs to different harbours and ferry terminals, but which of them should I follow? Suddenly I saw that I was driving behind a norwegian truck, which I beleived was also going the same way as me. So I just followed after it and ended up on the right place, in right time.

I thank God that he helped me in that situation. He has so many different ways to help us out of problems.

Allan F

[This message has been edited by Allan F (edited 03-01-2002).]

Joan

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #244 on: March 02, 2002, 12:21:00 AM »

Hi Allen  :)

Now that was so interesting to read. Great how you got behind a homeland truck leading you to the right harbor pier. Even then it was risky what with you not knowing if the guy could have had some reason to drive left over to the highway going to Hamburg  instead of to the harbor pier off to Denmark. It was good to see the outcome. Angel communication to you mind, surely. That was a walk in faith. Wow. I like stories like that  :)

I know all those highways from Czechei up through Berlin on to Rostock. It sure can get complicated finding the right road to anywhere in that city. We drove them not too long ago.

There's so much to see and learn from about the history attached to the region of towns and cities on that side of Germany. I'm way on the other side and hope to visit there in sommer again.

Denmark is sooooo expensive. You sure are lucky to have relatives living there otherwise you'd have had to sell an arm and leg to pay for food and overnighting there  :o

Joan

Allan F

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #245 on: March 02, 2002, 07:29:00 AM »
Hello Joan
Thank you for the response. I guess you are quite familiar with this area in Germany. Maybe you also had the bad weather last week? It was terrible. It was blowing and snowing all the way from Berlin to Copenhagen.

As you say, there are a lot to see in the cities, which I don't see when just driving on the highways.

Allan

Clive Nevell

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #246 on: April 16, 2002, 04:59:00 AM »
We all have a story to tell about what the Lord has done for us, some are very dramtic and others are less so. Tonight I had one of those experiances that are in the less so type. Our youngest son and only son at home now asked me to take him to bed after tea as he was very tired. I said yes but only if we could have our worship together. I picked up one of his small books on Joseph and read his life story before he went to sleep. As I read I would often make a comment about how God had looked after him and I could tell he was touched by the story, going into Egypt and then having his brothers come by and get grain and finally their father coming down to live there. I could see a tear in his eye as we went through the story. I hope and pray he will continue to want to hear God's Word.
Blessings
Clive

Joan

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #247 on: May 05, 2002, 10:53:00 PM »

(Marie H. Glass has asked me to post her Testimony. As soon as she learns the ropes around here as new member she'll post more herself )

"I Ain't Worth Nothin' "

This was my daily creed-this is what I believed, this is what was natural to believe. I just wanted to share with you a little bit of me. In my growing up years I was an only child and grew up in a home with a good mother in ways but mentally ill. My dad loved me but drank a lot. They did not love one another so I never learned from them about love. I grew up in the big Milwaukee Central Church and it was my second home. I loved the people there. But their children, my peers, treaded me like I wasn't much. I know now it was most likely because my mother was so different. But I did not know that then. I grew up without friends. I grew up feeling worthless. I married a man because at 18 I thought it would be my last chance; that no one would ever want me again. So I married a man that wanted a mother for his children, a maid and a lover-----but not someone to love. I looked on it as my only chance to have that baby I wanted so much, someone that would finely be mine to love and would love me. And that man tried to put me six feet under with his actions and words; his lack of love for me. I almost lost my children and my life because of him.

But praise God, Christ stepped in. Life went on...........and now, at 56, I have lost the one I truly love and want. He is mentally ill and can't see reality. And my dear daughter is also mentally ill and I care for her at home here. So why now, when I am older, do I appear to be so up? It is because His love finely got through. I am ashamed to admit that for 52 years of my life I looked at my pain and thought of the past till the pain became welcome, because I did not know how to live without it.

Now I don't ask why I have so many in my life with mental illness. I no I am ashamed to admit that for 52 years of my life I looked at my pain and thought of the past till the pain became welcome, because I did not know how to live without it. I no longer ask God why I have Epilepsy. I no longer ask why my beloved husband goes around telling lies about me. I could go on and on. But when I stopped looking to the past and problems in the present, I seen a different today, God was able to make today a good day. But as long as I allowed the past and daily problems to feed into my today, the day is filled with unhappiness and sorrow and doubt.

I am happy today, not because things are different, but because I am different; because I finely let go of the past and allowed God to control the present and the future. I know what it is like to think nothing of myself. I spent my life that way. But because of that, I know there is hope right around the corner. That hope is filled with the positive way of living in Christ. That hope is filled with a cleaned up mind that does not dwell on the past any longer. That hope is Christ!!!

My mind now dwells on Christ and not on the problems of life or on people in life. They say we are what we eat---we are also what we think about; what we watch and listen to, what we study and so on. It is our choice what we feed our mind, and what we feed our mind determines whether we are happy or sad. Someone told me years ago that I could change the way I thought, a little at a time. One needed to be aware of what they were thinking, and when doubt and sadness come in, to change it to good. The key is being aware of what is happening when it happens, before it gets a grip on us. God made us with the power to change our thoughts. Back then I just thought she did not understand. But today I see that she was 100% right. The years of sadness I could have saved myself had I listened to what she tried to tell me.

It really does work!!! Christ is the Answer and it is He that can help us make the change. Him and us working at it together!!!

Marie

Wendy

• http://www.megspace.com/religion/cainan/
Personal Testimonies
« Reply #248 on: May 11, 2002, 02:29:00 PM »
Amen!

------------------
WendyL ~ Maranatha!:)

WendyL ~ Maranatha!:)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Personal Testimonies
« Reply #249 on: May 12, 2002, 06:56:00 AM »
Amen!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Avalee

• The Good News Of Jesus
Personal Testimonies
« Reply #250 on: June 09, 2002, 09:50:00 AM »
Hello all....the testimony I am going to relate here is from our "Family Sabbath School Time" we have at our church from 9:00 to about 10:40. It was given by Liz. I was so blessed by today's program I just had to try and get Liz to write the story down for me so I could put it here. Well praise God she did better than that, she gave me her notes. I am not going to write it all out...just the main points to get the story down. Here it is:

A Careless Word - A Lost Soul

How often in our daily life do we say something impulsively...carelessly and it effects people's lives...possibly their eternal life?

Matthew 12:36
But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.[/b]

James 3:5
Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!

James 3:6
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.

About a year ago Pastor Art offered a class on "How to give a Bible Study, which I took. Last September he called me and asked me to give a Bible study to someone. The man was in a convalescent home. When Pastor Art and I met Donald, my heart went out to him. He was a 86 year old man who obviously loved the Lord and was in a great deal of pain, because he was convinced that he had grieved the Holy Spirit and there was no hope for him.

Twenty-five years ago someone in the church told Donald that he didn't deserve to be a Christian. for 25 years he daily suffered the agony of separation from Christ and the fear that he would go to hell. He believed that because he had grieved the Holy Spirit, that he would never be forgiven for his sins and his life was hopeless.

For most of the nine months when I went for my weekly visit with Donald I would find him crying over the fact that he would never be with Jesus. He wanted to be baptized, but he felt that his sins were too great to be forgiven and he smoked cigarettes.

He was 86 years old and had smoked since he was 12 years old. He has been an alcoholic and had given that up two years ago, but he couldn't overcome the smoking. I asked the Doctor to prescribe some medication that would cut down on the desire for nicotine. It only made him nauseous; we tried the Nicolette gum, it stuck to his dentures. Over the next few weeks he would stop for a few days and then he would become upset at someone or a situation at the convalescent home and he would start all over again. He went through deep valleys of depression. He just could not stop the cigarettes.

One day someone told me about something that they had developed at Loma Linda to stop the nicotine addiction. When I told Donald that I would get it for him, He said, "No, I'm going to stop the way that you did, by giving it to the Lord and asking Him to take it."

He had to totally surrender his addiction to the Lord and rely completely on Him. I found a picture of Peter sinking into the water, because he took his eyes off the Lord. I put it up on his wall. I said, "Every time you want a cigarette just look at the picture and say, 'Lord, save me." And remember that you are only that far away from being baptized." The length of a cigarette stands between you and God.

It wasn't just getting rid of the cigarettes. Donald prepared for his baptism by not only reading the Word, but also searching his heart. He tried to think of every person that he needed to call or write to. Anyone that he had had a problem with or felt that he had done something that he needed to ask him or her for forgiveness.

His niece Theresa had been the one who had called Pastor Art requesting someone to give Donald Bible Studies. She called me and we worked out the baptism. Between the two of us we contacted his family and friends to come to his baptism. He had a cousin who was a Seventh-day Adventist pastor. They had gone to a Seventh-day Adventist academy together. For over 70 years he had prayed for Donald to be baptized and now he was going to be the one to baptize him.

There was people all over California and Nevada that had prayed for him and wanted to come to his baptism, but we were a bit limited in space. You see, Donald is in a wheel chair and can't stand up. We had to solve the problem of immersing him in the water. Determined to not allow a small thing like that deter us, we finally decided to baptism him in the hot tub at the convalescent home. It resulted in a blessing for many of the members of the staff in the convalescent home, because they joined in and became part of the celebration. One of the men that helped has requested I give him Bible Studies.

If an 86 year old man can give his heart to the Lord and be baptized, there is hope for everyone. The Lord hears every prayer and wants every one of his children to be in the Kingdom with Him. Continue with your prayers, it took 70 years for Donald. It shouldn't take that long for you. Keep the faith.

Liz D.
---------------------------------------------

I hope you receive a blessing from this. We also got to see the baptism. Since the space was limited someone taped it and she showed it to us this am. It was such a blessing to see the joy in this mans face and the joy in Donald's cousin's face as he baptized him. Praise God. Prayer does work. I was not always a Christian...I gave my life to Christ in 1980...I found out later that my wonderful Grandmother and a study group of people had been praying for me for years. I believe this actually saved me from being murdered. God is so good. Amen

In The Blessed Hope

Avalee

In The Blessed Hope<P>Avalee

WendyForsyth

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #251 on: October 09, 2002, 10:28:00 PM »
UPDATE ON HOWARD
-------------------------

Hi everyone!

Sorry for taking so long (again!) to update. Your prayers are definitely being heard and God is good! Howard is now able to use his hands and arms extensively. He is able to roll from back to stomach with very little assistance, maintain his balance sitting on a therapy mat, raise the head of his bed and then use his hands to bring each leg up in turn and put his own pants on and then his shirt, almost transfer himself from bed to wheelchair!!! God is so incredible! I had very low expectations in the beginning because you can't survive something like this expecting a full recovery. You just have to place your faith and your lives in God's hands and let Him do the work. So every miracle that occurs in Howard's recovery is icing on the cake. Please continue to keep us in your prayers. Howard does have a pressure ulcer so he is bed bound for a few days as to not exacerbate it. We pray that it heals cleanly and does not cause more damage.

We thank you all for your love and support. I will try to update again soon.

God bless,
WendyF

I have no doubt that God considers you to be one of His friends; otherwise He would not trust you with so many crosses, sufferings and humiliations. Crosses are God's means of drawing souls closer to Himself.

Fenelon

Joan

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #252 on: October 10, 2002, 12:50:00 PM »

What a nice uplift after reading your report. I am so glad you have been encouraged by his progress.

For many of us who have seen the progress of similar cases regaining more muscle use through threrapy after the initial swelling and shock has subsided, the miracle is just as wonderful to hear about. It is a matter of time, effort and pushing oneself to the limit in the exercises. But most of all to be consistant in the therapy. Getting his arms and wrists strengthen is important.

Give a wave and hello to Howard from me.

Joan

Liane H

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #253 on: October 12, 2002, 04:44:00 PM »
It was requested of me to share my testimony here at the testimony forum, so here it is.  

October 2, 2002

For years I had been blessed with never having to deal with the Sabbath sunset issue. Every employer I worked with had one form
or another of flex time so I was able to leave way before sunset with time to spare, but no more. My company is currently in the
process of changing our hours of work. It will be from 8AM to 5PM starting in a few weeks.

My first test. Many have faced the issue of sunset time off with different experiences, but this was my first experience and that made all the difference in the world.

It was a struggling few days of e-mails back and forth with my boss, explaining the Seventh-day Sabbath with a lot of tension to say the least. They had agreed to let me leave work from the period when daylight savings ends and Sabbath sunset starts at 4:57PM through the end of February at 4PM.

The earliest sunset for Friday will be 4:43PM on December 2nd and that will be tight as it takes me 35 to 45 minutes to get home, just
enough time to get into the door of my home.

Then when February comes to an end I will leave work to 5PM to the next year. What could and might happen by then could change
all that.

My test had come and gone, but I knew this was probably going to be just the first of possibly more. What I did not realize was how soon that was going to be.  

October 10, 2002

It had been clear to me that the way our company was going that sooner or later there needed to be changes, so just when I thought all was settled at work regarding my Seventh-day Sabbath, we all got another big bang and I got another opportunity to witness.

Thursday, the three top bosses at our office plus the human recourse person were in meetings all day. The tension in our office was so very great as we all waited for the outcome. We all knew something was going to happen. It was bigger than we had expected.

October 11, 2002

The end results happened Friday. Four people were laid off in our building, the department was reorganized so th at we could absorb
their work. In the other building two more will be gone in December and the third person will come over to our building and she will be gone in June, 2003.

The person who had been my boss, who had hired me 12 years ago and I answered to through those years at my former company
and the almost three years of working at this Catholic organization that took over is no longer my boss. She was the person who I had
just settled the Seventh-day Sabbath with a week and a half as stated above.

My former boss now only has one person under her. There is no more billing department, but I still will be doing billing among other
new jobs projects. For the time being the CFO will be my boss on the clinical side which I am now part of until they hire a new clinical
office Director, then she will be my direct boss.

When the meeting was over as a group and the dust had settled my CFO boss and the director of both clinical offices called me into a
private office for a talk.

Unbelieving to me the topic of the Sabbath was brought up again. My new CFO boss said that she needed everyone to be in the office
from 8AM to 5PM. I said that was fine accept for when sunset starts after daylight savings time ends in November through end of February.

She said I was one of her best persons and she would hate to lose me, but I had to make this choice. That is when I spoke to them
both face to face from the Bible and why my Sabbath had to be kept. I do not remember the words, they came freely from my lips so if you ever wonder what you will say, never worry, as the words came out without any effort.

The closing words were the only words I do remember and I told her if it comes between my job and my faith, my commitment to my God is above everything. Then I said: now it is your choice.

They said that they would talk about it together and get back to me. Then they went on with my hearing service dog. They seemed
to think my having a dog was some kind of perk for me. I will not go into the games they played, but suffice to say whatever I said she ended up changing her mind.

I left when we had finished and then she called me back to talk alone and said that I can keep the previous arrangement that was had been set up with my previous boss. Now I have professed my faith to four people in less than two weeks.

Many times I had wondered over the years what this day would be like. So now I know and the spirit of peace that I feel is greater than I have felt in a long time.

It will never be known to me what motivated them regarding the time off early for my Seventh-day Sabbath. That in reality they
could not at this time afford to lose another person and I was needed, but could still be laid off at some future date. Or that
the legal ramifications regarding the laws respecting a person faith, which is far stronger in California than other states. That my former boss had already approved it. Or that the power of the words moved them.
Whatever it was it sure did not take them very long before I was called back in, so it was a quick decision.

This will at least give me time to prepare for the worse when and if that comes which is another blessing unlike those of yesterday that never saw it coming.

We never know of that day when we will need to stand for the Sabbath. Important to know is the words will come if you allow the
Spirit to move you, never fear. I never dreamed it would happen twice in such a short period of time, but it did.

We also need to remember that we never know when. We only must trust in Him and he will make the road smooth and the path sure.

In closing I wish for you to know that I was not sure that I would write this part here. I also want you to it was not easy for me to write this. I am a single woman, never married, no children and no extended family to fall back on. I have two friends that have said if worse comes to worse I could park my little trailer on their property until I got back on my feet. I am sure they are praying it does not come to that. I still owe on my car, two personal loans due to the illness of my previous hearing service dog who passed away last year. Also to find a new job as an older person, who is disabled that requires a hearing service dog would be infinetly hard.

So if any of you are struggling with the Seventh-day Sabbath issue there is a little book put together by Crystal Earnhardt called Trials and Triumph. I had just read the book a few weeks before. That is timing.

This book is a compilation of personal testimonies of people who have faced the very experienced I now shared. I must say it is one thing to read it in a book, but it is a whole other thing to experience yourself.  

Liane

[This message has been edited by liane (edited 10-12-2002).]

Liane, the Zoo Mama
Romans 8:19   For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

Joan

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #254 on: October 12, 2002, 09:25:00 PM »

"Trials and Triumph"by Crystal Earnhardt.

I am so glad you mentioned this book, Liane. Many like me don't know that such a book about work and Sabbath honoring has already been written.

Thank you for being faithful to your Sabbath honoring convictions and taking the time to tell us all about your experience. It sure was a strong encouragement to me to see how now...even now...our God in the Holy Spirit gives the right words when we are brought before the inquisitors.

May you keep on seeing how our Lord is blessing, guiding and protecting you.

your Joan

karen

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #255 on: October 17, 2002, 10:24:00 AM »
Thanks, Liane, for posting your experience. It is very uplifting to me. Our God is so wonderful to send His angels to be by our side when we go through things like this, to give us the words to say.

Karen

Clive Nevell

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #256 on: December 24, 2002, 11:08:00 AM »
I could have put this in answers to prayer as well. God has been good even if life at times is hard. God is still in control.

Last Sabbath I had the prayer at our Church and I felt impressed to pray for the boys, Sonny, Karl, and George as they had left to go to South Australia to do some friut picking. Last weekend they were at my brothers place in Mildura for Sabbath. I did not have any reason to think that they were in any danger. I have been in Brisbane until last night and rang up Sonny who had sent an email to say that they had been involved in an accident. Talking to him I have found out Karl and himself were out driving on Sundau afternoon wheen a large kangaroo jumped out in front of them. Karl who was driving swerved to miss it and in doing so rolled the ute over. The ute had a bar across the back of it. It saved them from being squashed. I am sure our prayers protected them. We could have been going to a funeral this week. Thanks so much for your prayers at this time. The work they were going to do has also fallen through. Sonny has arranged other work in Sydney so hoping that will be OK.

The College results for Sonny was also in the mail. He made 4 credits and 3 passes. He does have the ability if he will focus and put in the effort.

I believe it has been an answer to prayer that we still have him. He walked away from the crash without a scratch on him, Karl has a sore knee, George was not in it.

It is Xmas day here and we have had 18.5 mm of rain during the past 24 hours. That is a wonderful blessing.

Clive

Sister Marie

• May God's Light Shine On Us All
Personal Testimonies
« Reply #257 on: December 24, 2002, 11:31:00 AM »
God is so good. I am happy your boys are safe. Praise Jesus for His protecting Love and Care over them.

I backed up on my office chair (on the rug) Sabbath evening and the chair went backwards on me before I could stop it. We have a table with very sharp corners on it and my back (by the right kidney) smashed into the corner of the pull out seats hard enough to bust the wood part of that corner. I hurt so bad deep inside that my son took me to the hospital emergency to see if I broke a rib or injured myself. Thank the Lord that nothing is injured that is bad. I hurt really a lot, but I too am praiseing God every day that the fall was not more serious than it was.

But regardless of how things turn out, we have a wonderful and loving God, because even when things don't turn out so good, there is a good reason for it and in trusting God we see later on that it was for our own good in one way or the other. It is wonderful to have a Loving Father we can trust and have faith in, regardless.  :)

------------------
With Christian Love,
Sister Glass

With Christian Love,
Marie

Clive Nevell

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #258 on: December 25, 2002, 12:15:00 AM »
Amen Sister Glass and may our Lord comfort and heal you at this time.

Clive

Sister Marie

• May God's Light Shine On Us All
Personal Testimonies
« Reply #259 on: December 25, 2002, 04:19:00 PM »
Thank you. I hope everyone had a great day  and that your new year will be blessed fully.

------------------
With Christian Love,
Sister Glass

With Christian Love,
Marie