Author Topic: A Verse for Today  (Read 2118 times)

rahab

Re: A Verse for Today
« Reply #100 on: May 01, 2023, 05:26:27 PM »
(N)John 1:14

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

rahab

« Reply #101 on: May 02, 2023, 05:08:10 PM »
2 Chronicles 20:20

…Believe in the Lord your God, so shall ye be established; believe his prophets, so shall ye prosper.

Glen McCluskey

« Reply #102 on: May 03, 2023, 02:41:59 AM »
Humanity alone is a very poor combination of opposites.  Naturally, human beings are self-centered and opinionated.  But selfishness disappears from the lives of those who learn the lessons that Christ desires to teach them.  They become partakers of the divine nature, and Christ lives in them.  They regard all men as brethren, with similar aspirations, capacities, temptations, and trials, craving sympathy and needing assistance.  {ST, May 11, 1904 par. 4}

rahab

« Reply #103 on: May 03, 2023, 04:41:38 PM »
 :)

(N) Isaiah 8:20

To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

rahab

« Reply #104 on: May 04, 2023, 07:25:10 PM »
Job 17:9

The righteous also shall hold on his way, and he that hath clean hands shall be stronger and stronger.

rahab

« Reply #105 on: May 05, 2023, 03:12:58 PM »
(N) Daniel 2:21

And he changeth the times and the seasons: he removeth kings, and setteth up kings: he giveth wisdom unto the wise, and knowledge to them that know understanding:

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #106 on: May 05, 2023, 03:45:40 PM »
Amen.  He does the same with those who reflect His character.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Glen McCluskey

« Reply #107 on: May 06, 2023, 03:01:22 AM »
O my Saviour, Thou who hast shown compassion to us all, again we ask Thee to grant unto us a rich portion of Thy mercy, Thy fulness, Thy compassion, Thy everlasting love.  Come, Lord Jesus, and make us partakers of Thy divine nature, that we may overcome the corruption that is in the world through lust.  Oh, may the Spirit of Christ, the love of God, comfort every heart this morning!  Banish darkness, turn away the deceptive powers of the enemy, and let Thy voice and Thy Spirit and Thy love come into our souls, that we may sit together in heavenly places with Christ Jesus; and Thy name shall have all the glory.  Amen.  {GCB, April 2, 1903 par. 11} 

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #108 on: May 06, 2023, 06:44:47 PM »
Amen Brother Glen! Jesus is even at the doors and opening the eyes of the sleeping saints.

“The prince of this world cometh,” said Jesus, “and hath nothing in Me.” John 14:30. There was in Him nothing that responded to Satan’s sophistry. He did not consent to sin. Not even by a thought did He yield to temptation. So it may be with us. Christ’s humanity was united with divinity; He was fitted for the conflict by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. And He came to make us partakers of the divine nature. So long as we are united to Him by faith, sin has no more dominion over us. God reaches for the hand of faith in us to direct it to lay fast hold upon the divinity of Christ, that we may attain to perfection of character.  DA 123.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

rahab

« Reply #109 on: May 06, 2023, 07:50:36 PM »
O my Saviour, Thou who hast shown compassion to us all, again we ask Thee to grant unto us a rich portion of Thy mercy, Thy fulness, Thy compassion, Thy everlasting love.  Come, Lord Jesus, and make us partakers of Thy divine nature, that we may overcome the corruption that is in the world through lust.  Oh, may the Spirit of Christ, the love of God, comfort every heart this morning!  Banish darkness, turn away the deceptive powers of the enemy, and let Thy voice and Thy Spirit and Thy love come into our souls, that we may sit together in heavenly places with Christ Jesus; and Thy name shall have all the glory.  Amen.  {GCB, April 2, 1903 par. 11} 

AMEN.  ;D

Job 23:10

But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold.

rahab

« Reply #110 on: May 06, 2023, 07:53:47 PM »
Amen Brother Glen! Jesus is even at the doors and opening the eyes of the sleeping saints.

“The prince of this world cometh,” said Jesus, “and hath nothing in Me.” John 14:30. There was in Him nothing that responded to Satan’s sophistry. He did not consent to sin. Not even by a thought did He yield to temptation. So it may be with us. Christ’s humanity was united with divinity; He was fitted for the conflict by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. And He came to make us partakers of the divine nature. So long as we are united to Him by faith, sin has no more dominion over us. God reaches for the hand of faith in us to direct it to lay fast hold upon the divinity of Christ, that we may attain to perfection of character.  DA 123.

Romans 6:9
Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.

Romans 6:14
For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

rahab

« Reply #111 on: May 07, 2023, 05:03:38 PM »
(N) Psalm 119:104

Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way.

rahab

« Reply #112 on: May 08, 2023, 05:38:48 PM »
Job 36:11

If they obey and serve him, they shall spend their days in prosperity, and their years in pleasures.

rahab

« Reply #113 on: May 09, 2023, 03:21:07 PM »
(N). Luke 4:4

…That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.

rahab

« Reply #114 on: May 10, 2023, 06:19:06 PM »
Proverbs 8:17

I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #115 on: May 10, 2023, 09:07:50 PM »
Amen. So very true!!

rahab

« Reply #116 on: May 11, 2023, 07:19:16 PM »
(N)John 6:63
 …the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

rahab

« Reply #117 on: May 12, 2023, 03:57:09 PM »
Proverbs 8:21

That I may cause those that love me to inherit substance; and I will fill their treasures.

rahab

« Reply #118 on: May 13, 2023, 03:50:32 PM »
(N) Psalm 62:6

He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defence; I shall not be moved.

rahab

« Reply #119 on: May 14, 2023, 04:34:03 PM »
Proverbs 11:25

The liberal soul shall be made fat: and he that watereth shall be watered also himself.