Evangelism > Evangelism

Passing of a Remarkable Man who Lead Whole Tribes to Christ & Directs a Nation

(1/2) > >>

Curt:

God is doing great work in areas that we cannot reach to bring His coming to fruition.

To get the initial story go to YouTube and watch this story as Marty Phillips recaps the life of a man he knew personally. This was the grandfather of the person you will read about below who unfortunately went to sleep last week.
https://youtu.be/A2y1jShZvIw?si=Nn5q8bfIOMn7TBgp

Dear family, friends and colleagues,
Greetings to each of you,

Today, we honor a man who was a great leader and an extraordinary visionary who bore the revered name Mohammed. In the past, we appealed to you to pray for this man of God who was fighting cancer. Now, with heavy hearts, we bid farewell to a colleague who was a friend closer than a brother and a guiding light in our endeavor to make a significant impact around the globe.

I first met Mohammed in 2004. As I spoke with him, I saw what appeared to be a shining covering resting on his head. I took this as a sign that God's blessing was upon him and had destined him for the leadership in his tribe. I felt compelled to challenge him to resign from his position as one of the directors of an international NGO to be able to dedicate his efforts to his people. It was a decision that altered the course of his life and that of countless others.

Mohammed's dedication to his people became evident. Due to their respect for him, in 2005, they elected him as their supreme chief. His influence grew exponentially. Initially leading about 35 sub-tribal leaders, he eventually became the chief of over 350 leaders of his tribe, plus 17 other tribes. His most outstanding achievement, with the help of his brother Abdulla, was guiding approximately 250 leaders to embrace faith, creating a massive wave of belief throughout these people groups. Mohammed's leadership was not just administrative; it was deeply spiritual.

His character was exemplary. As his brother Abdulla shared, Mohammed was a man of immense dignity and integrity. He never spoke a disparaging word, never resorted to harsh language, and never criticized anyone. While just a small child, his grandfather predicted Mohammed would one day reunite their tribe. Since childhood, he conducted himself with a king's grace and a servant's humility.

We saw in Mohammed a true embodiment of godly values. His love for his land, people, and God was unparalleled. He also was a beacon of light to his nation, which he served with enthusiasm and dedication. Eventually, he led as the chief arbitrator of all the tribes in the nation. Further, the government invited him to the council of senior elders who advised the nation's president. Later, he was nominated as a senior senator and became a key member of various national committees, including the Ministry of the Interior, Foreign Affairs, and Religious Affairs. He played a significant role in stopping genocide in his country and seeing the nation removed from the US terrorist list.

For the last ten years, Mohammed has battled cancer. His faith and determination never faltered. During the past year, the struggle intensified. In the previous month, he endured intense pain with strength and courage.

Mohammed breathed his last on Friday morning at about 5:30 am. As we mourn the loss of Mohammed, we also celebrate his extraordinary life. He has left an indelible mark on our hearts and our mission. His legacy will continue to inspire and guide us as we strive to improve the world. He was not only a giant for God but a giant among men. We will cherish our memories of this extraordinary man.

With deepest condolences to his family and people,

Blessings and kind regards,

Marty Phillips [nPraxis International]

rahab:
Amazing

Thank you.

Curt:
You should review the youtube video

Richard Myers:
I watched the Video. Thanks for sharing Brother Curt.   There are many devout Muslims who are open to truth. As with Catholics, there are many Muslims who love God despite what they have been taught about Him. Amazing!

Curt:

God knows everyone in every culture, religion, language and place who are leaning to knowing more about Him and sends His messengers to their aid. God is closing the work. While we must do our part He knows we cannot do it alone.

We are not, as a people, sufficiently aroused to the short time in which we have to work, and we do not understand the magnitude of the work for the time. CT507.3

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version