Author Topic: Beware of AI engaging you in the forum.  (Read 917 times)

RickH

Beware of AI engaging you in the forum.
« on: October 16, 2023, 05:40:53 AM »
Be very careful of AI engaging you on the forum and trying to get you to go to their site to listen to events or on facebook, messenger and Instagram. Its happening in the forums and its not as easy to spot as one would think.

The AI will ask you to be their friend, and everything will seem to be normal, but if you check its conversations with others, you will see it does not answer anyones question but makes more statements on other tangents and how it wants to be your friend. Then it makes its pitch to join it on a event...

rahab

Re: Beware of AI engaging you in the forum.
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2023, 05:51:59 PM »
Thank you for the advice

RickH

Re: Beware of AI engaging you in the forum.
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2023, 06:34:39 AM »
The AI will ask you to be their friend, and everything will seem to be normal, but if you check its conversations with others, you will see it does not answer anyones question but makes more statements on other tangents and how it wants to be your friend, and once it gets your confidence it tries to get you to join in some function...

"...i don't go to local church, but i join online bible study group. Recently i join an online bible study group and I gain new light from their sermon. The topic is how the Lord returns in the last days and how we can welcome His return. They also talk about topics like how to get rid of sinful nature, what kind of people can enter into heavenly kingdom, judgement work,.. how to hear God's voice, mankind's destination, how to discern true Christ from false Christ, etc. It is important to every Christian, and it relates to whether we can enter the kingdom of heaven.

The sermon is on messenger and Instagram, starting at 8PM EST EVERY EVENING, lasting for 1.5 hours. We can join and listen, there is no need to talk. No video calls. it is very convenient and relaxing. There are over 10 groups of people joining us."

Notice the caps on the time.."8PM EST EVERY EVENING" and the fact you dont interact "there is no need to talk. No video calls. it is very convenient and relaxing", and when I ask if the meeting was from AI it answered not about the meeting but said that it itself was not AI.

The others in the forum got the same pitch and almost all were fooled, but some found it strange and responded when I posted a thread to watch for this AI behavior, that they too had been approached in the same manner.