Author Topic: Lifestyle Factors Improve Alertnest after Sleep  (Read 221 times)

Curt

Lifestyle Factors Improve Alertnest after Sleep
« on: January 24, 2023, 11:57:39 AM »
This report confirms lifestyle factors that contribute to both better sleep and alertness.
https://scitechdaily.com/berkeley-scientists-discover-secret-to-waking-up-alert-and-refreshed/

Researchers at the University of California, Berkeley have found that by focusing on three key elements – sleep, exercise, and breakfast- one can wake up each morning feeling refreshed and alert.
“All of these have a unique and independent effect,” said UC Berkeley postdoctoral fellow Raphael Vallat, the first author of the study. “If you sleep longer or later, you’re going to see an increase in your alertness. If you do more physical activity on the day before, you’re going to see an increase. You can see improvements with each and every one of these factors.”

“All of these have a unique and independent effect,” said UC Berkeley postdoctoral fellow Raphael Vallat, the first author of the study. “If you sleep longer or later, you’re going to see an increase in your alertness. If you do more physical activity on the day before, you’re going to see an increase. You can see improvements with each and every one of these factors.”

Breakfast:
High in Carbs, modest protein, low in sugar.
“We have known for some time that a diet high in sugar is harmful to sleep, not to mention being toxic for the cells in your brain and body,” Walker added. “However, what we have discovered is that, beyond these harmful effects on sleep, consuming high amounts of sugar in your breakfast, and having a spike in blood sugar following any type of breakfast meal, markedly blunts your brain’s ability to return to waking consciousness following sleep.

Exercise:
“It is well known that physical activity, in general, improves your alertness and also your mood level, and we did find a high correlation in this study between participants’ mood and their alertness levels,” Vallat said. “Participants that, on average, are happier also feel more alert.”
But Vallat also noted that exercise is generally associated with better sleep and a happier mood.

Sleep:

“It may be that exercise-induced better sleep is part of the reason exercise the day before, by helping sleep that night, leads to superior alertness throughout the next day,” Vallat said.
Vallat and Walker discovered that sleeping longer than you usually do, and/or sleeping later than usual, resulted in individuals ramping up their alertness very quickly after awakening from sleep. .......
Most people need this amount of sleep to remove a chemical called adenosine that accumulates in the body throughout the day and brings on sleepiness in the evening, something known as sleep pressure.

................................................. ..............................
Psalm 127:2 It is vain for you to rise up early, to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrows: for so he giveth his beloved sleep.
FAITH - As God's blessed sons & daughters we are to attempt the impossible to the extent that we will fail unless God steps in.   Keep the faith

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Re: Lifestyle Factors Improve Alertnest after Sleep
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2023, 08:54:24 PM »
Thanks for sharing, Brother Curt.  The information gathered from research is important. Let us add from the light we have been given. It would b e good to go to bed early if we want better sleep. The hours of sleep before midnight are more valuable. In other words, we can. do very well on less sleep, not more, if we go to be early. Generally, if I go to be at 9pm, I will awaken at 3 or 4am with an alert mind ready to study.

Another important truth is that if we want better sleep, it would be good to not eat a late meal, or to eat two meals rather than three with the last being early not late. Eating a heavy meal late in the day will not only keep one from a "better sleep" but will cause both the stomach and the brain to not function well. Before learning advanced truth regarding sleep, I had learned that eating a late meal, especially eating meat, not only impaired by sleep, but caused me to want to sleep longer in the morning. I reasoned that eating late had caused me to not want to have breakfast early in the morning. I now understand that my stomach had been laboring late into the night while sleeping, thus not only was my digestive organs were having to overwork, but it also disturbed my sleep. There were times when my mind was effected so that I had bad dreams. How do I know the relationship between the stomach and the brain? Science now knows the connection and we have been given light the subject. Science is proving a prophets accuracy once again. God continues to lead His people.

The latest truth unfolding, Jesus is coming very soon!! Let us get ready. Have a blessed Sabbath dear ones.

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Curt

Re: Lifestyle Factors Improve Alertnest after Sleep
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2023, 11:38:36 AM »
"Science now knows the connection and we have been given light the subject. Science is proving a prophets accuracy once again. God continues to lead His people."

Brother Richard,
thank you very very much for expanding on the subject of sleep relative to time of rest and time of meals. Yes, science is provivg what we know and we should be humbly boasting about it.  ;D
This is the intent of sharing these reports from cusrrent research. Though I know that to some the details may seem abit heavy and I will try to limit that.

To God be the glory
FAITH - As God's blessed sons & daughters we are to attempt the impossible to the extent that we will fail unless God steps in.   Keep the faith