Evangelism > Evangelism

God Works in Closed Countries - Devout Muslim Finds Christ

(1/1)

Curt:
The story below is being shared to show that God is closing His work in seemingly unreachable and difficult mission fields. He is speaking directly to the hearts of people is high positions, the right places or in deep need to know more about the true God and His son Jesus Christ.

I will share stories to encourage and inspire from a newsletter but cannot name the ministry. The names in each story are not the real names of the individuals for good reason. I know this ministry for many many years and keep in contact with them.

To God be the Glory.

The Prophet that Never Sinned

Omar, a devout Muslim, observed all the requirements of prayer, fasting, and giving alms. The leading imam of the mosque grew to trust him fully, and they became close friends. Eventually, Omar became the number one helper of the imam. On a particular Friday, after prayers, the imam preached a moving sermon mentioning the life of Jesus, saying that He was the only prophet that the Qur’an registered no sin against His person. 

Omar was deeply impressed. Following the sermon, Omar asked his friend, the imam, more about Jesus, but his answers were vague. Omar walked away disappointed. For days, questions continued to bombard his mind about this Jesus who never sinned. One day, as he continued to contemplate this mystery, he heard a clear, though unusual, voice saying, "Omar, keep searching. You are on the right path with your questions.”

This occurrence led him back to his friend, the imam. This time Omar pleaded, "Please tell me all you know about prophet Jesus. I really need to know!"

The Imam said to Omar's great shock and joy, "Listen, Omar. I'll do even better than answer your questions.   I'll loan you my copy of the Gospels, and you will find what you need to know."

As Omar read the precious book, he discovered the path to salvation through faith in Jesus, who died for all mankind. He returned to question his friend, the imam, asking how he understood these things. The imam admitted that he, too, had discovered the true path to salvation in the Gospels. “I just don’t know how to relate to these things as a leader of a great number of Muslims," he added.

The national ****** ministry leader was providentially led to Omar and fully instructed him in the Bible teachings.

In May, Omar received baptism. Now the national leader and Omar are working with the imam, hoping that he will soon join a large number of Muslim spiritual leaders who are fully committed to sharing Jesus within their cultural context.

Richard Myers:
Amen Brother Curt!! Jesus is coming soon and Christ will not wait on us to give the message around the world. We ought not be surprised to hear these stories. Thank you for sharing. Good to see your post!

Curt:
Ah, my dear brother Richard.
Stories such as this are a breath of fresh air. It thrills me and raises my pores when I read such accounts. There are many many MANY more like this. When there is a delay in their reports I write to ask them when is the next release. I follow the work of Maranatha missions church building and well drilling projects and the joy and revival it brings to churches. But, the work behind closed doors is my true interest.

Good news, I now have the permission to share both the stories and the name of the organization. It is nPraxis registered in Tennessee, Michael Porter and Marty Phillips who I am familiar with. Michael Porter.
In 2004 while working in Amman Jordan, Bruce Moyer and Wagner Kuhn conducted a Tent Maker training program for my family and a few other interested persons from our little upstart group that was the beginning of my interest in working particularly with Muslims. This led to my connection with nPraxis who not only work with Muslims but other non-Muslim regions and peoples. There are hundreds of "missionaries" or people sharing the word without regular remuneration that need support. If we cannot be there we can SEND there (funds).

I will share the stories of faith and of God's direct working with people to bring them to him.

Blessings

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version