Author Topic: State of the American Union  (Read 1285 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
State of the American Union
« on: August 29, 2021, 09:27:58 AM »
Again, no desire to be involved in politics. This thread is to reveal that America which was symbolized as a two horned lamb is no longer a lamb. It may appear that the political party in charge of the legislature and the presidency is wholly responsible for the great fall of a once great nation, that is not so. What we see today is the result of society which has elected its leaders. As it is in California, so it is in the national leadership. There is no use in discussing what we see happening in Afghanistan, for it easily discerned by anyone who has a semblance of intelligence and morality. The fall of America is a great sign that Jesus is at the doors. It was the world's last hope for help. The world is at it was just prior to the great flood that destroyed every living things on the face of the Earth except those that entered Noah's ark. From the Book of Matthew: "But of that day and hour knoweth no [man], no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. But as the days of Noe [were], so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be."

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Wally

• Senior Moderator
  • Romans 8:35, 38, 39
Re: State of the American Union
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2021, 03:45:10 PM »
It's pretty hard to avoid politics these days.  Everything has become political, from personal pronouns to face coverings.  It's only going to get worse.  If I didn't know that God is still in control of the affairs of mankind, I'd be laying awake at night worrying.
So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10