Author Topic: Microgreens  (Read 1351 times)

Marelis

Microgreens
« on: March 30, 2021, 05:50:32 AM »
Recently I was impressed to learn to grow cheap microgreens in these uncertain times. Microgreens provide excellent nutrition very cheaply, quickly and anywhere in any season. I have had great success sprouting copious amounts of mung bean sprouts but this week will be embarking on growing actually microgreens on a budget on trays and to have enough to supply to friends. So, to begin with, I'll be bypassing the exotic microgreens and growing cheap sunflower seeds, bulk cilantro seeds from an Asian grocery store, peas, wheatgrass and Russian kale. I have loads of marigold seeds from my garden and will try a batch of them as well as microgreens.
"Thou wilt show me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore."  Ps 16:11

Dorine

Re: Microgreens
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2021, 12:13:05 PM »
Oh I will be very interested in hearing about your adventure. I've been thinking about doing the same thing but have too busy with seed starting and don't have the room. Maybe this fall I will get serious about that after you have some experience to share.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Re: Microgreens
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2021, 08:59:10 PM »
Yes, we need to learn now, not later. I have grown sunflower sprouts, they are very good. Marigolds are edible? The seeds are plentiful and start very easy. How about roses? Did you know you can eat the pedals? Unless a systemic insecticide is used.  :( 

Marelis, where can we get bulk seeds that are much cheaper than the garden packages?
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.