Author Topic: Growing Food in Freezing Conditions (greenhouse)  (Read 1422 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Growing Food in Freezing Conditions (greenhouse)
« on: January 27, 2021, 11:12:57 AM »
After many years of research, I am hopeful that we can grow citrus where there is a hard freeze often in winter.  The following video may prove helpful to those who have the same desire.

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Dorine

Re: Growing Food in Freezing Conditions (greenhouse)
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2021, 06:01:40 AM »
Well if he can do it in Montreal we should be able to do it where we are.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2021, 08:03:50 AM »
Amen!!  And he is not the only one.  I have been studying passive solar for many years and what was being done 40 years ago in homes is now being done in greeenhouses.   Tubes are buried between 8 and 4 feet that store daytime heat and bring it up during the night when the greenhouses need heat. The greenhouses are insulated everywhere there is no sun coming in. And, there is some insulation even in the plastic being used to capture the sun. I posted the video to illustrate some of the principles being used. I will post a few more for those interested.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Dorine

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2021, 09:10:11 AM »
Please do.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Marelis

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2021, 05:39:52 AM »
That looks pretty amazing, Br Myers.
"Thou wilt show me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore."  Ps 16:11