Author Topic: California judge rules churches are essential  (Read 2200 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
California judge rules churches are essential
« on: August 17, 2020, 07:45:46 AM »
Friday Pastor John MacArthur, Grace Community Church, was granted permission to continue in-person Church with some restrictions in regards to social distancing and wearing masks. This was a temporary order and the case will continue to be heard on September 4.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Wally

• Senior Moderator
  • Romans 8:35, 38, 39
Re: California judge rules churches are essential
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2020, 04:45:20 PM »
And it was overturned by a higher court.  He held services anyway.  How many of our leaders have that kind of courage?  The government has no right to close churches.  They are a voluntary organization, and those who feel unsafe attending, are not obligated to do so.
So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10

Cop

• Senior Moderator
Re: California judge rules churches are essential
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2020, 08:44:33 PM »
How many of our leaders have that kind of courage?  The government has no right to close churches.  They are a voluntary organization, and those who feel unsafe attending, are not obligated to do so.
AMEN!!
My religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me....That is the way all men should live, and then all would be equally brave."
— Stonewall Jackson