Author Topic: World Wide live Bible study  (Read 4351 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
World Wide live Bible study
« on: May 02, 2020, 07:05:33 PM »
Remnant Online has changed hosting companies. You will notice a loss of a few days posting. We are sorry for the loss. Not all things go as we expect. If you posted something and want to repost, please do so. You have noticed the recent change in requirements for SSL (encryption) by browsers. They warn about the possibility of hackers gaining access to your bank account if you use the same password as you do for your bank. They actually do more than warn, they will keep you from accessing sites who do not have SSL.

Why the delay in obtaining an SSL? The hosting company we used for the last 20 years was ripping people off. Each domain requires its own SSL, and they charged a high price. Not only for SSL certificates, but for renewals of domains, etc. It took some time to find a new host and to do the migration. We are hopeful that our research will prove to be a blessing for our users. I am sure that some who do not understand the situation with SSLs were frightened off. We understand why. With the Coronavirus situation, we feel a responsibility to make sure our websites are working well and the good news of the soon coming of Jesus is reaching out to a world soon to perish.

We are planning on live Bible study and are interested in your thoughts on this. Ought we do live video, or is audio sufficient? And, we are seeking to set a time when we can reach many from around the world. Australia is almost a full day ahead of us in the US.  In some ways that works for us because they are awake when we are, just a day ahead. Europe is asleep when Americans get off work.  :)  God will work it out so we can enjoy fellowship with brothers and sisters who have more in common with us than many of our blood relatives. We look forward to study and praying with you all as the Lord opens the door. Please share your thoughts in this forum. God has given us the technology with the computer to be able to reach out to the whole world! What a privilege!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Marelis

Re: New Hosting Company
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2020, 10:43:28 PM »
Live study sounds wonderful. Zoom or Skype? Zoom seems to be more popular.
"Thou wilt show me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore."  Ps 16:11

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
World Wide live Bible study
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2020, 11:22:40 AM »
It appears Zoom is being used by more now. We are using it for church service. What day or days and time are going to be best? I am thinking probably Friday u.s. time around noon Pacific Standard Time. What are your thoughts thoughts Marelis?
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Marelis

Re: World Wide live Bible study
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2020, 03:10:20 AM »
That works for me, thank you.
"Thou wilt show me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore."  Ps 16:11