Author Topic: History is a Very Good Teacher  (Read 1897 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
History is a Very Good Teacher
« on: April 02, 2020, 10:07:48 PM »
Having listened to the "experts" since this pandemic began, I think they must be a little off on their thinking. I recall they told us early on that we did not have to worry about the virus spreading through the air, unless we were coughed on. Now, I hear that the virus can spread from infected individuals just breathing around us.

I wonder how many of the experts have gone through a pandemic and been infected. It does not sound like any of them have. Was President Trump alive when two pandemics hit America and the world, but I have not heard one mention of what happened in his day. I don't know how old some of the medical experts are, but some appear to be old enough to know what happened in the last two pandemics that killed over a million world-wide. How  is the Coronavirus different from the Asian Flu in 1957 and the Hong Kong Flu in 1968-9.

How many today know that the Hong Kong Flu is still circulating in the world? How many know that viruses can cause cancer? There is much ignorance in the world.  Is it restricted to those who are not "experts." If the immune system is vital to surviving the Coronavirus when infected, then why not tell people how to strengthen their immune system? I have not heard anything about the microbiome. Why not?

Where are the experts taking us as we fight this war against the Coronavirus?
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Re: History is a Very Good Teacher
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2020, 07:18:04 AM »
U.S. officials anticipated America’s most difficult week yet in the coronavirus crisis and some Asian countries braced for a surge in infections as the global death toll passed 70,000. Some European nations showed signs that restrictions were helping to slow the spread of the disease.  Wall Street Journal.

In the 1968 Hong Kong Pandemic between a million and two million died. And, no one quit work. Do we believe this pandemic is going to kill over a million? Maybe, but I doubt it. Unless we include those who die because of their financial matters. When people lose homes or their money has no value, then some will cease wanting to live.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Marelis

Re: History is a Very Good Teacher
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2020, 11:37:21 AM »
Having listened to the "experts" since this pandemic began, I think they must be a little off on their thinking. I recall they told us early on that we did not have to worry about the virus spreading through the air, unless we were coughed on. Now, I hear that the virus can spread from infected individuals just breathing around us.

I wonder how many of the experts have gone through a pandemic and been infected. It does not sound like any of them have. Was President Trump alive when two pandemics hit America and the world, but I have not heard one mention of what happened in his day. I don't know how old some of the medical experts are, but some appear to be old enough to know what happened in the last two pandemics that killed over a million world-wide. How  is the Coronavirus different from the Asian Flu in 1957 and the Hong Kong Flu in 1968-9.

How many today know that the Hong Kong Flu is still circulating in the world? How many know that viruses can cause cancer? There is much ignorance in the world.  Is it restricted to those who are not "experts." If the immune system is vital to surviving the Coronavirus when infected, then why not tell people how to strengthen their immune system? I have not heard anything about the microbiome. Why not?

Where are the experts taking us as we fight this war against the Coronavirus?
Yes to strengthening the immune system. "Where are the experts taking us as we fight this war against the Coronavirus?" Towards a vaccine......
"Thou wilt show me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore."  Ps 16:11