Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 21953 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #60 on: June 01, 2020, 08:51:54 AM »
Thanks for sharing some about your situation Glen. We have appreciated your posts. It is sad that the church as many see it in Europe, Australia, and North America has failed to be a witness of the character of our God.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

ClaudiaThompson

• My YouTube Channel (the closest thing I have to a website now)
« Reply #62 on: August 06, 2020, 02:56:13 AM »
I thought some might be interested to read this.

ZWINGLI THE PROTESTANT REFORMER AND THE PLAGUE EPIDEMIC of 1519

THE GREAT CONTROVERSY, PAGE 179, 180
At Zurich, Zwingli preached zealously against the pardonmongers; and when Samson approached the place, he was met by a messenger from the council with an intimation that he was expected to pass on. He finally secured an entrance by stratagem, but was sent away without the sale of a single pardon, and he soon after left Switzerland.

A strong impetus was given to the reform by the appearance of the plague, or Great Death, which swept over Switzerland in the year 1519. As men were thus brought face to face with the destroyer, many were led to feel how vain and worthless were the pardons which they had so lately purchased; and they longed for a surer foundation for their faith. Zwingli at Zurich was smitten down; he was brought so low that all hope of his recovery was relinquished, and the report was widely circulated that he was dead. In that trying hour his hope and courage were unshaken. He looked in faith to the cross of Calvary, trusting in the all-sufficient propitiation for sin. When he came back from the gates of death, it was to preach the gospel with greater fervor than ever before; and his words exerted an unwonted power. The people welcomed with joy their beloved pastor, returned to them from the brink of the grave. They themselves had come from attending upon the sick and the dying, and they felt, as never before, the value of the gospel.

Zwingli had arrived at a clearer understanding of its truths, and had more fully experienced in himself its renewing power. The fall of man and the plan of redemption were the subjects upon which he dwelt. “In Adam,” he said, “we are all dead, sunk in corruption and condemnation.”—Wylie, b. 8, ch. 9. “Christ ... has purchased for us a never-ending redemption.... His passion is ... an eternal sacrifice, and everlastingly effectual to heal; it satisfies the divine justice forever in behalf of all those who rely upon it with firm and unshaken faith.” Yet he clearly taught that men are not, because of the grace of Christ, free to continue in sin. “Wherever there is faith in God, there God is; and wherever God abideth, there a zeal exists urging and impelling men to good works.”—D'Aubigne, b. 8, ch. 9.

Such was the interest in Zwingli's preaching that the cathedral was filled to overflowing with the crowds that came to listen to him. Little by little, as they could bear it, he opened the truth to his hearers. He was careful not to introduce, at first, points which would startle them and create prejudice. His work was to win their hearts to the teachings of Christ, to soften them by His love, and keep before them His example; and as they should receive the principles of the gospel, their superstitious beliefs and practices would inevitably be overthrown.

Also, I thought I would add this thought....

To me it seems that if the Virus was caused by Bats and Bats live in Caves, in the darkness, that this may be the reason that they carry these types of Diseases? From a lack of Sunlight?

Ellen White talks alot about letting Sunlight into the Home, and opening the curtains. I think that it acts as a disinfectant.

And so, perhaps Sunlight would help to prevent this Disease and also help to cure it?

Since the Government are having People stay locked in, People should probably make sure to go outside at least in their own Backyards often to get Sunlight, and take Vitamin D3 Tablets.

Just an idea, I don't know if there is any "Science" to it.

Matthew 9:36-38
36 But when he saw the multitudes, he was moved with compassion on them, because they fainted, and were scattered abroad, as sheep having no shepherd.
37 Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few;
38 Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest.

rahab

« Reply #63 on: August 07, 2020, 04:31:41 PM »
Makes sense to keep yourself as healthy as possible...  Vit D is important to every cell in the human body.  If you're not sure, get tested.  I have been taking 4,000 units a day and I tested low...not really low but low.  So now my daily is 8,000 units a day.  I'll go for another test next year.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #64 on: August 08, 2020, 01:31:07 PM »
Yes, rahab, it would be good for  all to get tested for vitamins D3 and B12.  Even though I spend a lot of time outdoors, I tested low for D3 also.

Thank you for sharing Sister Claudia. It is good to see your posts today. What you have shared regarding Zwingli is important for us today. Sadly too many professing Christians fear death when they ought not. God is in absolute control. That does not mean we ought not be concerned about our health. We are to be examples as was Zwingli. When the Spanish flu laid to rest millions in 1918, it is known that the knowledge God as given to His church regarding natural remedies works. Fomentations applied daily to those who contracted the Spanish Flu healed all infected who were in the Danish-Norwegian Seminary in Hutchison Minn.

As a result of this system ·of handling a disease that is scoring thousands of victims every day there has not been one case that could have been called serious or a single death in the Seminary although there were more than 90 persons affected. The record is remarkable. It makes the ordinary methods of dealing with the flu appear irrational.

We will add that we are indeed thankful to God for His protecting care and for the  untiring efforts of Sister Louise Knudsen, our Seminary nurse, and for the assistance of the other nurses and helpers. The hydrotherapy treatments under the blessings of God are indeed helpful, as is recognized by this article.
source
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Theophilus

« Reply #65 on: August 08, 2020, 04:57:26 PM »
Amen Wally. Today on the way home, the car in front of me on the freeway, just about rolled. The car next to him traveling at 75 pulled into his lane and just about hit him. He would have if the driver in front of me had not jerked the car into an open lane. It was a miracle the car did not flip. Risks? Every time we get into a car, especially with all the drugs being used.

There appears to be multiple reasons for the lockdown, and politics sits at the top.  Another is that many are fearful of dying from the virus.  They do not have peace as we do. So, they will live a life ignoring science regarding health, use drugs even if eating properly, drive fast cars and worry about the virus?   

Has anyone noticed the governors look neat and clean? They seem to have found some way to get their hair cut even though the rest of us were ordered not to.  :(  The question was asked today, why are the Democrats so angry?  It is because they are fighting against God. Obama got them all they wanted, now they are losing it all. Yes, when you take something away, it does make people mad.
::)
I know this quote is an oldie from May, but I'm rolling my eyes as to what you say about the Democrats, who are far more humane than the other guys ever thought about being. Dems are angry because  the monies allocated for businesses wound up with big business , churches, and meanwhile back at the ranch, we have families who lost their jobs and are struggling.  Wow. 

rahab

« Reply #66 on: August 08, 2020, 06:52:10 PM »
update of covid:

back in March cases of death were largely in the big cities   :'(

now in late July-August it is hitting the rural areas of America.   :(

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #67 on: August 10, 2020, 10:51:37 AM »
Theophilus I don't often bring such matters into conversation because it tends to bring division, and we do not want that. Let me expound on my statement. What we see in the politics of America is just what you shared. Corruption everywhere. My comments about the Democratic Party is that they are fighting against God openly. And, yes, so are the Republicans, but not so much openly. Look at the platforms for both parties. The Republicans have a base strongly supported by professing Christians. Yes, there are professing Christians supporting the Democrats, but they have a platform and actions that are anti Bible and thus anti God.

Corruption surrounds us, the world is as it was just before the great flood. As we see suffering all around us, we have opportunity to reach out a helping hand to those who are in need. The answer to these difficulties will not be found in government, but in Christ. Let us spend our time in living after the example of Christ who went about healing and preaching.

Cop

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #68 on: August 10, 2020, 01:25:07 PM »
The answer to these difficulties will not be found in government, but in Christ. Let us spend our time in living after the example of Christ who went about healing and preaching.

AMEN!!!
My religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me....That is the way all men should live, and then all would be equally brave."
— Stonewall Jackson

ClaudiaThompson

« Reply #69 on: November 14, 2020, 05:32:07 AM »
In the US, everyone is forbidden to have church services, not just Adventists.  The government has not forbidden us to worship, or forced us to keep Sunday holy.  So, we are not being forced to choose between obeying God or man.  We have not been forbidden to keep Sabbath holy, and, as we all know, the Sabbath will be the point of controversy at the very end, when the mark of the beast is about to be enforced.

I don't particularly care for  "virtual church," or "online services," but it's better than nothing, and does not  require anyone to disobey the Lord.

I completely agree. I can not understand why so many make such a big deal out of just staying at home. The Waldenses were the Church in the Wilderness. It really is not necessary all the time to go enter a Church building. John the Baptist was out in the Wilderness.
36 But when he saw the multitudes, he was moved with compassion on them, because they fainted, and were scattered abroad, as sheep having no shepherd.
37 Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few;
38 Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest.

Theophilus

« Reply #70 on: December 26, 2020, 07:05:15 AM »
Exactly! People are screaming about staying at home, when they shouldn't be. When the Angel of Death passed over the Israelites, they were unharmed--they were told to stay home. Had any wandered out "in faith" they would've died.
I don't think it is a matter of lack of faith as it is thinking ones rights are being stepped on, and then using religion as an excuse.

(PS I don't find much anti God in democratic thinking. Social justice programs seem more Christian than Rep programs.)

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #71 on: January 06, 2021, 07:58:32 PM »
It is very sad that the issue of church has become a political issue. For many Christians it is a matter of liberty. America is no longer a Protestant nation. Individual liberties are being lost including freedom of worship.

It is true that we do not break God's law by wearing a mask in public. We ought to be respectful of other's safety if we are sick or may be infected with an illness. Let us be considerate of others and respectful of leaders unless they go contrary to God.

The Coronavirus is dangerous and is on the rise. Those who are young and have a strong immune system ought to continue working and helping others. Those with weaker immune systems need to strengthen their immunity and take care to lessen contacts until the pandemic weakens. It is a nasty virus. I am just surviving a bout with it. It took about 10 days to break the fever. With faith in God and hydrotherapy the victory was won. Quite weak after the battle, but temperature is back to normal and am breathing well.

Lessons learned:  The church has not established treatment rooms to minister to the sick with the natural remedies God has given to the world. My son gave me fomentations until he came down with the virus. Then there was no one to continue. this is the second time in the last couple of years that it has become very real that we are not walking in the light of God's counsel in regards to health reform.
Thus, those who would benefit from natural remedies during this pandemic are not. The light on the hill is not shining brightly.

God’s purpose in giving the third angel’s message to the world is to prepare a people to stand true to Him during the investigative judgment. This is the purpose for which we establish and maintain our publishing houses, our schools, our sanitariums, hygienic restaurants, treatment rooms, and food factories. This is our purpose in carrying forward every line of work in the cause.—Manuscript 154, 1902, 4

Most in the US suffer from low levels of D3 which is more than a vitamin, it is a hormone that is a powerful help to the immune system. One of the reasons why many are low in D3 even when working outdoors is that many processed foods contain high fructose corn syrup which blocks the formation of D3.

Medical literature suggests that doctors may be encouraging high doses of D3 for a short period of time without ill effects. D3 levels appear to be important in Covid19 responses.

Another natural remedy I used in my battle against the Coronavirus was eucalyptus oil. It is a very powerful agent that needs to be used with caution. Its remedial agent is concentrated in an oil and thus must be used sparingly. One or two drops in a tumbler of honey mixed well. Then only a teaspoon for help with a cough. Benefits will be to the lung.

The oil of the eucalyptus is especially beneficial in cases of cough and pains in the chest and lungs. I want you to make a trial of this remedy which is so simple, and which costs you nothing.—Letter 20, 1909

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #72 on: January 06, 2021, 10:07:20 PM »
Having taken this disease seriously, I have done my studies on it. Now, having been infected, I have a testimony as to God's faithfulness to care for His children in His ways. Going beyond my experience, I want to share with you what I feel is very good information based on scientific information. While I may not agree with all that is stated, I believe what I am sharing is important for you to consider including what is stated in regards to strengthening your immune system. Take time to watch the following video.  It is current having been posted January 4, 2021.

rahab

« Reply #73 on: January 14, 2021, 04:19:46 PM »
Thank you and glad you have recovered!!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #74 on: February 02, 2021, 08:07:17 AM »
A Closer Look at How COVID-19 mRNA Vaccines Work

COVID-19 mRNA vaccines give instructions for our cells to make a harmless piece of what is called the “spike protein.” The spike protein is found on the surface of the virus that causes COVID-19.

COVID-19 mRNA vaccines are given in the upper arm muscle. Once the instructions (mRNA) are inside the immune cells, the cells use them to make the protein piece. After the protein piece is made, the cell breaks down the instructions and gets rid of them.

Next, the cell displays the protein piece on its surface. Our immune systems recognize that the protein doesn’t belong there and begin building an immune response and making antibodies, like what happens in natural infection against COVID-19.

At the end of the process, our bodies have learned how to protect against future infection. The benefit of mRNA vaccines, like all vaccines, is those vaccinated gain this protection without ever having to risk the serious consequences of getting sick with COVID-19.       
source

ClaudiaThompson

« Reply #75 on: April 10, 2021, 12:06:35 AM »
I was just wondering, has anyone else seen the videos by a Scientist and Vaccine maker named Geert Vanden Bossche?

It is really quite frightening what he has been warning against in regards to the Vaccine.

There are videos on YouTube with him explaining about what is happening.

Marelis

« Reply #76 on: April 10, 2021, 05:17:28 PM »
I was just wondering, has anyone else seen the videos by a Scientist and Vaccine maker named Geert Vanden Bossche?

It is really quite frightening what he has been warning against in regards to the Vaccine.

I have, Claudia, and yes.
"Thou wilt show me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore."  Ps 16:11

rahab

« Reply #77 on: April 10, 2021, 07:11:39 PM »

Me too. Loved the football diagrams. Made it very clear what’s going on in our bodies.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #78 on: May 02, 2021, 08:52:17 AM »
MRNA vaccine has acute allergic reactions. Are we getting the truth as to how many are being injured? Here is an update on the numbers.

video

victims

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #79 on: May 02, 2021, 12:35:35 PM »
US states are banning Covid passports.  source