Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 21952 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2020, 06:39:07 AM »
Amen Wally. When we follow the natural laws which are just as binding as the commandments of God, we will reap the blessing of a stronger immune system. Most of humanity comes in contact with viruses and other things that can cause disease, but do not fall prey to them. Bovine Leukemia Virus is a world-wide epidemic in dairy cows. Much of humanity still is drinking cow milk, yet cancer does not kill everyone. Some die young, but often because of our immune system the virus is kept at bay until the immune system is weakened. As Wally pointed out, many who die from virus, whether the Coronavirus or the multitude of flues, are the elderly or very young who have weakened immunity.

It is being reported that around 90,000 have contracted Covid19 and 3,000 have died. I believe that include people who were not otherwise sick even though again, the very young and the elderly are most at risk, as with the flu. That is a rate of 3.3% which is much higher than we experience with the flu. On the other hand, much of that is from China where the living conditions are different. Most of us do not eat bats. This is not a racist thought, but the reality that God has forbidden the eating of bats for just the reason we see today, it is an unclean meat. And, so that some who quick to judge that it is racist, then let me say that Americans are dying at a higher rate than many Africans because of what they eat. Cows and sheep are now often unclean and are causing much disease. Some of their diseases cross the specie barrier and are passed on to those eating them and drinking their milk. No, I am not from Africa and racist against those eating cows and sheep.  :)
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2020, 10:50:27 AM »
Amen Wally!  We are "wonderfully and fearfully made." Psalms 139:14.  If we will walk in the light of God's love and law we will find that ten thousand shall fall at our side, but these fearful plaques will not touch us (Psalms 91:7).

The CDC's reporting leaves something to be desired. Here is the important stat from March 3 report on Covid19.

Active Monitoring of Persons Exposed to Patients with Confirmed COVID-19 — United States, January–February 2020

Early Release / March 3, 2020

Since February 28, an increasing number of newly diagnosed confirmed and presumptive COVID-19 cases have been in patients with neither a relevant travel history nor clear epidemiologic links to other confirmed COVID-19 patients. However, despite intensive follow-up, no sustained person-to-person transmission of symptomatic SARS-CoV-2 was observed in the United States among the close contacts of the first 10 persons with diagnosed travel-related COVID-19. Analyses of timing of exposure during each patient’s illness as well as the type and duration of exposures will provide information on potential risk factors for transmission. Infection control and prevention efforts by patients with COVID-19, their household members, and their health care providers,*** in combination with contact tracing activities, are important to mitigate community spread of the disease.

There was more, but this was the best I could find from the report. Best to go online to get better info.

This current outbreak of a Corona Virus is of interest to me since I survived the Hong Kong Flu Pandemic, the third largest such pandemic in the 20th century, of which the Spanish Flu was the largest in which it is reported 50,000,000 people died world-wide. Over a million died from the Hong Kong Flu. I was sickened with it and had a fever of 104 for 7 days. It was not just the elderly that caught it. I was young and healthy. I thought I would die for sure.

We have nothing to fear as we abide in Christ. All things will work for our good. This current disease is the result of eating animals and their milk or eggs. We had been warned not to prior to the outbreak of the Spanish Flu which began in 1918 and lasted until 1920. The second pandemic, the Asian Flu began in 1957 and lasted until 1958 and it killed over a million world-wide. So, again, as Wally has stated, we have been given great light in regards to health. We have a golden opportunity to educate those who are seeking truth that they may walk in it. There is no safety in eating the carcass of dead animals, nor drink their milk or eat eggs. The diseases of animals is often passed to humans through these channels. God loves us and has given us this knowledge and has provided something better.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2020, 12:35:14 PM »
Finally I am hearing that some are pleading for information as to where infected ones have been moving around. The government will not tell us where they have been, even if they live next door.

Testing kits are not widely available to test those who have the symptoms of Coronavirus 19. Those who have been in meetings with people from many nations and have a 104 fever are not finding any interest to test them. When dealing with the government, we often are left talking to voice mail.

Since the medical community and government do not have the necessary test kits, they will test those who have symptoms and have come in contact with those infected or who have been in areas where many have been infected, Italy, China, and Iran.

rahab

« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2020, 04:30:40 PM »
kinda says it all when for that cruise ship, they dropped medical supplies and test kits from helicopter

reminds me of that old Herman cartoon where the doctor is giving the prescription to the patient sitting across the desk from him...  patient is covered with huge red dots...  doctor gives the prescription to patient via a long stick with the prescription at the end and says, 'don't touch the stick'

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2020, 08:48:41 AM »
We are seeing an increase of disasters world-wide. Expect a large earthquake before long. Iran is seeing a dramatic increase in the numbers of deaths from Cavid19. 

The death toll there almost doubled over the weekend, rising from 124 on Friday to 237 as of Monday morning, with 43 Iranians dying in the prior 24 hours.

There are around 7100 infected they know of. That is a death rate of those infected of 3.3% which is what we are seeing in China and other countries. South Korea is much less under 1%. It appears they got ahead of the spread by testing many more than other countries. In the countries that have the higher death rate, it may be that they have not yet discovered how many are really infected which if higher would bring the death rate down.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2020, 07:10:12 AM »
Yes, that is correct, Wally. And, age plays a part. "The World Health Organization mission to China found that 78% of the cases reported as of Feb. 20 were in people ages 30 to 69." Where does that leave most of us? Those living the US are not relieved if they have an underlying disease. "About 60% of U.S. adults have at least one underlying health condition, Tom Frieden, former director of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, told reporters on Monday."  source

The last pandemic in the 20th century was the Hong Kong Flu and it only killed about 1 1/2 million world-wide. I am sure it hit hardest those with a weakened immune system. But, ask me if I want to experience it again. I did not die, but I thought I was going to. None in my family was infected from my infection. There was no action taken to protect them from my disease. I don't remember any panic in 1968 from the pandemic. There was nothing like what we see today. The CDC states that about 100,000 Americans died in that pandemic in 1969-69. CDC The peak in the US came when schools were out for Christmas vacation.

What about the coronaviruses in the 21st century, MERS and SARS? Why no panic then even though the death rate of confirmed cases was higher in both diseases? They were contained with comparatively fewer confirmed cases. The SARS epidemic of 2003 killed around 10% of around 8,000 confirmed cases. MERS killed 34% of around 2,500 cases 2012.

The morbidity rate is not as high with Covid19, but the pandemic has not been confined, rather is spreading around the world. Many more have died so far with the number increasing. China has said that the pandemic has been confined in China and the new infections are very low. Will the deaths reach 100,000 in the US as it did with the Hong Kong Flu? It depends upon how successful we are at containing it. Who is at risk of dying? Those at greatest risk are those who have an underlying disease, 60% of the population.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2020, 04:55:47 PM »
Yesterday the President of the United States declared a national emergency regarding Covid19. Some who thought the virus to be no more danger than the common flu will reconsider the matter. We pray that the effort to contain the virus will bring an end to the danger in weeks rather than months and that the virus will not mutate to a more dangerous threat.

There are things we can do to help prevent infection. This video reveals much that is in harmony with church understanding and will aid those seeking light to prevent or treat infections. This does not take the place of medical care provided by physicians. If you believe you are infected with the Coronavirus, seek a diagnosis and treatment from your physician.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2020, 06:16:10 PM »
Wes Youngberg here updates his last presentation on how to prepare for an infection with God's natural remedies.

rahab

« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2020, 07:18:54 PM »
Many will die from this because they have not been careful to protect their immune systems.

1. Do not eat anything unclean.  In China this disease originated in humans due to eating bats.  Bats are known sources of corona viruses.  And if you can, it is best not to eat anything of animal origin to avoid other viruses in the meat.
2. Eat raw garlic daily.  Sleep when tired and at the first sign of tiredness, sleep, rest and stay there until you are well.
3. Diffuse essential oils like peppermint, tea tree oil, lemon grass, eucalyptus, etc. Almost any plant oil is anti bacterial, anti fungal, anti viral!  Praise God!
4. If someone in your family gets into trouble with breathing, apply fomentations to chest area and back 4x a day until symptoms subside.  It is hard to do this for yourself, you need someone to prepare the towels for you.
5. Take a shower as warm/hot as you can on your chest and back  for 4 minutes, then switch to ice cold for 30 seconds, then back to hot again... rotate and do this 4 times.
6. n-Acetyl-cysteine 2x a day to help with the symptoms...take for 10-14 days.
7. Sanitize with a high concentration of orange oil on surfaces as precautionary.  It will not stop the threat of airborne virus.
8. This virus likes to replicate in the sinuses.  A good sinus cleanser is good to use.  Add 4 drops of iodine to the cleanser and use often.  Or, make your own with sea salt and warm water.
9.  Get plenty of rest and stay away from crowds and anyone who displays symptoms.
10.  Pray and have trust in God.  All healing comes from the Great Physician. 

rahab

« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2020, 07:20:47 PM »
Many will die from this because they have not been careful to protect their immune systems.

1. Do not eat anything unclean.  In China this disease originated in humans due to eating bats.  Bats are known sources of corona viruses.  And if you can, it is best not to eat anything of animal origin to avoid other viruses in the meat.
2. Eat raw garlic daily.  Sleep when tired and at the first sign of tiredness, sleep, rest and stay there until you are well.
3. Diffuse essential oils like peppermint, tea tree oil, lemon grass, eucalyptus, etc. Almost any plant oil is anti bacterial, anti fungal, anti viral!  Praise God!
4. If someone in your family gets into trouble with breathing, apply fomentations to chest area and back 4x a day until symptoms subside.  It is hard to do this for yourself, you need someone to prepare the towels for you.
5. Take a shower as warm/hot as you can on your chest and back  for 4 minutes, then switch to ice cold for 30 seconds, then back to hot again... rotate and do this 4 times.
6. n-Acetyl-cysteine 2x a day to help with the symptoms...take for 10-14 days.
7. Sanitize with a high concentration of orange oil on surfaces as precautionary.  It will not stop the threat of airborne virus.
8. This virus likes to replicate in the sinuses.  A good sinus cleanser is good to use.  Add 4 drops of iodine to the cleanser and use often.  Or, make your own with sea salt and warm water.
9.  Get plenty of rest and stay away from crowds and anyone who displays symptoms.
10.  Pray and have trust in God.  All healing comes from the Great Physician.

the iodine used here is not the store bought kind... it is the digestible kind without preservatives and other additives

Wally

• Senior Moderator
  • Romans 8:35, 38, 39
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2020, 02:42:42 AM »
Doug Batchelor and Neil Nedley have produced a short video on this issue.  It's very informative, and devoid of all the hype and hysteria that is found in the mainstream media.  I would post it, but I don't know  how to do so.

Our Conference is strongly recommending that all churches cancel services for the near future.  We met as usual yesterday, with about 3/4 of our normal attendance.  We saw no reason to cancel church simply because 3 people in the State had tested positive.
So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2020, 09:19:22 AM »
Our churches are closed now.   Yes, it would be good to get the info without the hype since some are panicking already. There are some who will not follow common sense and continue to infect others around them.

Here is the video with Neil Nedley MD commenting on the Corona Virus.

rahab

« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2020, 11:11:26 AM »
yesterday is history   :-\

today is a mystery   ::)

Germs and Jesus are everywhere    8)

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2020, 10:42:07 PM »
It is impossible to not think about those who have no knowledge of the light God has given on health reform. I am not thinking of those in the world but those in the church. They were to have the opportunity to help those in the world who are sick or want to prevent disease.

For over 30 years I have been practicing natural remedies given to us. Sadly many in the church do not know of them, nor have used them. Like King Asa they trust in the doctor rather than God. That does not mean we never go to the doctor. We established schools to train doctors in the use of natural remedies. Clear light has been given that our educational institutions should be connected with our sanitariums wherever this is possible. The work of the two institutions is to blend. I am thankful that we have a school at Loma Linda. The educational talent of competent physicians is a necessity to the schools where medical missionary evangelists are to be trained for service. The students in the school are to be taught to be strict health reformers. The instruction given in regard to disease and its causes, and how to prevent disease, and the training given in the treatment of the sick, will prove an invaluable education, and one that the students in all our schools should have.  CD 450.

Today many in the world are afraid. Like soldiers in foxholes, they are thinking that the "bomb" may fall on them. It is then that they recognize the world does not revolve around them, and they have no power to prevent the bomb from hitting their "foxhole." What if there were something they could do to lower the odds of the bomb hitting their foxhole? Or better yet, what if there were someone who could keep the Coronavirus from attacking them or their family?

God has given to His people a knowledge of Him and His healing principles. Jesus spent more time healing than preaching. So it ought to be with us. We need to plow the ground before we plant seed.  We will be sharing information on how to do fomentations which are very effective at dealing with lung problems.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2020, 11:33:48 PM »
As we saw in the above video fomentations are done with heat and ice paks. You can buy these paks online or you can make the out of towels or I cut up a wool blanket to make mine. Wool is very nice since it will hold heat longer than cotton towels.

It is much easier to use a microwave to heat up the steampaks. This can  be done by soaking the paks, wringing the paks of much of their water and then folding them and placing them in plastic bags and then in the microwave for three minutes. We then place the wool paks in a wrapper of either wool or a towel.  My wool wrappers came from the same blanket and is slightly larger in width than the wool paks.

When I return home I will take pictures of my wool steam paks and share them here. Having four sets of paks and wrappers works well for steam and icepaks. One thing that we do that Sister Barbara did not explain is to make sure the patient does not get chilled and remains covered for at least a half hour after the hydrotherapy ends. If the patient is very sick or tired they will often fall asleep. If the treatment can  be done just before   bedtime, then the fomentation treatments will usually help the patient to sleep. Make sure patient is dry and completely covered.

Pray for the patient during the treatment. God is the Great Physician, we are merely a tool in His hand that are witnessing  the love and care our Father has for humanity.

Dorine

« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2020, 05:35:42 AM »
Thank you Richard. This is excellent information for those who have a desire to learn how to treat the sick. Which all of God's people should. Looking forward to your pictures.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2020, 05:44:00 AM »
Here is an example of how open some people are. Many have questions as to why the world is being turned upside down.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2020, 06:55:06 AM »
The U.S. passed China's 81,800 infected with more than 86,000 cases, and Italy also exceeded 80,000, the three countries together accounting for almost half of the world’s infections from the new virus. Most of China’s patients have recovered, while places where the virus arrived later are now dealing with overwhelmed hospitals and supply shortages and are rushing to convert public spaces for treating the sick. source

The case death rate in Italy is just under 10%. Of the 80,589 reported cases, 8215 have died. Spain, France, and Iran have very high case death rates also. It must be understood when looking at these rates of death, that there is insufficient testing so many more have been infected that are not being reported, thus the real rate of deaths per infected will surely be much less when the known number of infected becomes more accurate.

South Korea has done more testing and reports a case death rate of a little more than 1%.

rahab

« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2020, 08:23:51 AM »
Just a reminder......

The Lord has shown me repeatedly that it is contrary to the Bible to make any provision for our temporal wants in the time of trouble. I saw that if the saints had food laid up by them, or in the field in the time of trouble, when sword, famine, and pestilence are in the land, it would be taken from them by violent hands, and strangers would reap their fields. Then will be the time for us to trust wholly in God, and He will sustain us. I saw that our bread and water will be sure at that time, and that we shall not lack or suffer hunger; for God is able to spread a table for us in the wilderness. If necessary He would send ravens to feed us, as He did to feed Elijah, or rain manna from heaven, as He did for the Israelites.
Houses and lands will be of no use to the saints in the time of trouble, for they will then have to flee before infuriated mobs, and at that time their possessions can not be disposed of to advance the cause of present truth. I was shown that it is the will of God that the saints should cut loose from every Incumbrance before the time of trouble comes, and make a covenant with God through sacrifice.— Early Writings, pp. 56, 57.

Wally

• Senior Moderator
  • Romans 8:35, 38, 39
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2020, 04:28:42 PM »
A very good reminder, and we should not be panic buying during this current situation.  But this is not yet the Time of Trouble, which comes after the close of probation, after the Sunday law and the death decree is passed, when the plagues begin to fall.

What I see is "men's hearts failing them for fear."  We will know when it is nearly upon us, as the issue of a Sunday law will be debated everywhere.  And that will be precipitated, not by a virus (and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places), but by numerous natural disasters, which the "popular pulpits" will declare are a result of not observing the "sabbath," i.e., Sunday.

I would recommend this sermon, delivered last Sabbath by my former pastor, given last Sabbath.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahkXWb-QdsA

So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10