Author Topic: Kale  (Read 6633 times)

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
Re: Kale
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2013, 11:55:29 AM »
Well, God bless you! Who can blame you? Have another!

Yesterday afternoon, I sliced a German stripe along with an organic purple onion and made a sandwich. Of course, it was delicious, however, the purple onion was not hot nor did it sting my mouth as store-bought onions do. It was sweet and very rich. What a difference home-grown food makes! And part of lunch today included more of that onion along with another tomato and a bit of cilantro. I call it Seventh-day Adventist pico de gallo. I did not have celery or a lime but next time, I will.

Back to kale. Mine is so beautiful that I pulled an entire plant and quickly placed it in a vase full of water with marbles in the bottom and sat it in the kitchen for quick access. Its beauty is unsurpassed. 
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2013, 01:14:29 PM »
That is one of the blessings the come from living in God's country.  You have enough heat to grow tomatoes and onions, yet you have beautiful kale in the midst of summer. And...look at those beautiful trees!  And...clean air!! And, I imagine that the stars are brilliant at night!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Marelis

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2019, 04:58:37 PM »

Back to kale. Mine is so beautiful that I pulled an entire plant and quickly placed it in a vase full of water with marbles in the bottom and sat it in the kitchen for quick access. Its beauty is unsurpassed.
That sounds pretty!!
"Thou wilt show me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore."  Ps 16:11