Author Topic: Seventh-day Adventist Hospital (Not) Destroyed  (Read 3820 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Seventh-day Adventist Hospital (Not) Destroyed
« on: November 09, 2018, 10:47:59 AM »
The Feather River Seventh-day Adventist Hospital was destroyed in a wind swept fire that decimated the town of Paradise, California. Two of our churches are in the fire area, Paradise and Upper Ridge. The fire now threatens Magalia, Chico, and Oroville.    (the report was wrong, the hospital was not destroyed).
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Dorine

Re: Seventh-day Adventist Hospital Destroyed
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2018, 03:10:36 PM »
We have been watching the news and praying for God's intervention. So, so sad. Have you heard if our Adventist brothers and sisters are safe or is it too soon to know?
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2018, 09:05:09 PM »
Spoke with one of our doctors tonight and he said the hospital was damaged but not destroyed as the press reported. It is a concrete building. The fire is not even two days old yet, so yes it is too soon to know. Amazingly so far there has been only 9 confirmed dead. Names have not been released. Over 30 have been reported missing. My doctor friend could not evacuate, the fire came too fast. He and his wife sat on their lawn and watched their home burn down. They were encircled by the fire, but were no injured. God is so very good!!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Dorine

Re: Seventh-day Adventist Hospital (Not) Destroyed
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2018, 11:59:12 AM »
Praise God! I'm sure we are going to be hearing many stories of God's protection when this is all over. We continue to pray for those in danger. It's far from over.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

LindaRS

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2018, 07:43:28 PM »
Spoke with one of our doctors tonight and he said the hospital was damaged but not destroyed as the press reported. It is a concrete building. The fire is not even two days old yet, so yes it is too soon to know. Amazingly so far there has been only 9 confirmed dead. Names have not been released. Over 30 have been reported missing. My doctor friend could not evacuate, the fire came too fast. He and his wife sat on their lawn and watched their home burn down. They were encircled by the fire, but were no injured. God is so very good!!

As of today, 23 are dead in the Camp Fire in northern CA, more than 6,000 buildings destroyed in the city of Paradise, and 110 people missing. The Paradise SDA church burned down, and the academy has damage. Pastor Chris Buttery at Sac Central has posted information on the church website. The post is soliciting help for those who are homeless, including many Adventists.
O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. O Lord, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing. Jeremiah  10:23-24

Plain Adventist

• In Search of Primitive Godliness
Re: Seventh-day Adventist Hospital (Not) Destroyed
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2018, 03:02:41 AM »
I praise the Lord for helping a dear family friend, 95 years old, to drive herself out of the Paradise fire. She reached safety. She is a long-time Seventh-day Adventist who knew me when I was a baby.
Amy Pavlovik ~~ “The strength and spirituality of the people of God are manifest by the distinctness of the line of demarcation which separates them from the world.” SW 17