Author Topic: Fall 2017  (Read 4538 times)

JimB

• Servant
  • Assistant Administrator
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
Fall 2017
« on: October 09, 2017, 07:09:16 PM »
Well Fall is here. My favorite time of the year. Jacket or heavy shirt weather, vivid colors and ripe apples. And a couple of pictures.

By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Re: Fall 2017
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 06:16:54 AM »
Beautiful, Jim.  As I was contemplating the fall colors, coming from death, I thought of the object lesson God has for us.

Two lessons came to mind. First, out of death comes life.  When we die to self, we gain eternal life. When the leaves die and fall to the ground, they actually provide fertilizer to the trees. The leaves decompose and build of the soil. Have you ever wondered why it is that wild apple trees still produce good fruit when they are never fertilized by human hands?  :)    When the leaves fall off, and the trees are dormant, they are like us who have died to self and live unto Christ. When we go into the grave, are we really dead? Not at all. We are only sleeping. So with the dormant trees. They do not die, they only sleep. The nourishment gained from the soil just before going dormant provides the energy for the next years fruit. So it is in life. When we go to sleep in Christ, we have the supernatural power of Christ indwelling the heart, so that when Jesus calls, we come forth. If we die, not abiding in Christ and He in us, then we do not come forth. We are forever doomed.

I too, love fall, Jim. It is peaceful and a blessing after our hot summers. The rain comes and the grass grows. The air is cleansed and we are given a time of more rest as the harvest is completed. Thanks for sharing.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

JimB

• Servant
  • Assistant Administrator
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
Re: Fall 2017
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2017, 09:22:23 AM »
Saw some of those nasty white flakes this morning. They were tiny and far and few between thankfully. I'm going with the idea that it's fall still and will ignore the white flakes for now.

By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}