Author Topic: NAACP leader says praying for Trump ‘borders on heresy’  (Read 1518 times)

Cop

[Excerpts]

A pastor and president of North Carolina’s NAACP chapter claimed Saturday that praying for President Trump is a form of “theological malpractice that borders on heresy.”

The Rev. William Barber, appearing on MSNBC’s “AM Joy,” was responding to a photo last week showing evangelical leaders laying hands on Mr. Trump in the Oval Office.

Mr. Barber, pastor of the Greenleaf Christian Church in Goldsboro, called the photo “a form of theological malpractice that borders on heresy.”

“When you can p-r-a-y for a president and others while they are p-r-e-y, preying on the most vulnerable, you’re violating the sacred principles of religion,” he said.

Source: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jul/17/william-barber-naacp-president-and-pastor-says-pra/
My religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me....That is the way all men should live, and then all would be equally brave."
— Stonewall Jackson

Wally

• Senior Moderator
  • Romans 8:35, 38, 39
Re: NAACP leader says praying for Trump ‘borders on heresy’
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 12:29:28 PM »
Guess he never read the Bible.  How many pastors do?

I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; for kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.  I Tim. 2:1, 2.

Funny, it doesn't limit only to "good" authority figures.
So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10