Author Topic: A World Gone Mad!!  (Read 33891 times)

Marelis

Re: A World Gone Mad!!
« Reply #100 on: March 09, 2020, 01:52:06 PM »
I could never have imagined living in such times. Imagine our grandparents reading these articles?
"Thou wilt show me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore."  Ps 16:11

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #101 on: March 10, 2020, 06:20:11 AM »
Good to see your post, Marelis! Yes, the world is as it was at the time of the flood. You would think that this would motivate the church to be ready to receive Christ. But, like Jesus said, many are still in the world doing the things of the world. But, the wise will understand that the time is so very near. Let us look up for our redemption draweth nigh.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Cop

« Reply #102 on: March 19, 2020, 10:43:29 AM »
‘Squad’ Member Uses Coronavirus Crisis to Push ‘Compassionate Release’ of Prisoners

Rep. Ayanna Pressley, D-Mass., a member of Alexandria Ocasio–Cortez’s “Squad,” advocated for the “compassionate release” of prisoners as the coronavirus spreads.

“I think now would be the time, to commute some sentences, to exact clemency and to take care of our most vulnerable. Ten percent of those incarcerated are over the age of 60 and already have an underlying condition. We should be using compassionate release,” Pressley told MSNBC.

Overcrowded prisons are a “Petri dish” for the virus, she continued, noting that she and the other “Squad” members are already lobbying the Bureau of Prisons to take action and release prisoners.

“Given the overpopulating and the fact that many of these facilities are already subpar and that many incarcerated men and women do not have access to soap, to alcohol-based hand sanitizers, to regular showers, what is the guidance, both for those incarcerated and for staff?” she said.

Releasing prisoners, some of whom have violent histories, would only make a bad problem worse, as Republican lawmakers have frequently warned. Even nonviolent felons pose a potential problem, Sen. Tom Cotton, R-Ark., argued when the Trump administration was first considering the First Step Act, which released thousands of federal offenders.

Less than a year later, two felons released under the First Step Act found themselves back in prison. The first criminal was arrested for trafficking thousands of dollars of meth, and the second was arrested for stabbing a man to death.

“Most important, when there are manifest injustices in individual cases, the proper course of justice is not to simply let out thousands of serious felons,” Cotton said last year.

Source: https://www.libertyheadlines.com/pressley-virus-release-prisoners/
My religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me....That is the way all men should live, and then all would be equally brave."
— Stonewall Jackson

Cop

« Reply #103 on: April 07, 2020, 10:17:57 AM »
Liberals Discover Segregated School in 2019

Just a few days ago, more than 300 high school students got up and left class to stage a protest. They unfurled a big banner on the street that read, “Strike for Integration.” Some of the kids yelled slogans into a bullhorn, just like Elizabeth Warren shilling for cash at a public sector labor union rally.

The striking students chanted slogans like, “End Jim Crow” and “Education is a right, not just for the rich and white.” The kids were terribly upset because in the year 2019, they say they are still attending a segregated school.

Huh? Where is this hotbed of racism? Is the school situated in some backwoods Appalachian holler? Must be somewhere out in that icky flyover country, right?

Actually, no. The “segregated” school that sparked a protest was Beacon High School in New York City. Beacon is a public school in a really nice neighborhood. It’s one of the best public schools in America, truth be told. In 2018, the Parent-Teacher Association at Beacon High raised $685,000.

Even though Beacon is a public high school, it is a very, very nice school. It’s so nice, in fact, that Mayor and 2020 presidential candidate Bill De Blasio sent his daughter to school there. It has a fairly rigorous admissions process, too. 5,800 students applied to attend Beacon High as freshmen last year, while the school only had 360 slots available.

So, how is the public school in New York City that was good enough for one of Bill De Blasio’s kids a hotbed of racism and segregation? Here’s how the New York Times describes this hell-on-earth school, through the eyes of one of its Asian students:

“Sadie also said that she sometimes felt isolated at the school, which was about 9 percent Asian last year. She had exclusively white teachers last year.”

Got it? The school has too many white teachers, which proves that the school is segregated. Those same white teachers – probably not coincidentally – help the students at Beacon High achieve some of the highest standardized test scores in America. But those white teachers have got to go because they have the wrong skin color.

You can’t expect a non-white student to sit down, be quiet and learn something unless they have a teacher who is the same skin color, according to liberals. (I wonder if any of the white public-school teachers in America see what’s coming? I bet a lot of them will be secret Trump voters next year if they do!)

Here’s some more proof of the segregation at Beacon High: 47% of the student body is white. That’s just too many white kids for the black, Hispanic and Asian kids who outnumber them. Segregation, obviously.

In case you haven’t caught onto the “diversity” scam in America yet, it looks like there really is no lower limit on the number of white people allowed in order to achieve full diversity. The Beacon Hill segregation protest is a great illustration of this logic. If they could just get rid of all of the white teachers and the 47% minority white student body, the school would no longer be segregated! They’ll have achieved full diversity!

The Democrat Party is well on its way to accomplishing this as well. Last summer, Congresswoman Cheri Bustos (D-IL) was the new Chair of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee. Bustos single-handedly orchestrated the Democrats’ 2018 victory in which Democrats captured control of the House of Representatives. Bustos had figured out not only how to drive massive, all-time record-high donations for the DCCC, but also how to reach out to white female suburban voters in key districts. Those were the voters who put numbskulls like Ilhan Omar and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez in Congress.

But then the Diversity, Integration, Equality, Woke-Hysterical, Immigrants, Transgenders, Eskimos and Yetis Committee (Bumper Sticker: DIE, WHITEY!) of the Democrat Party staged an uprising and fired Cheri Bustos on the sole basis of her skin color. She was a white lady, so she had to go.

Hilariously, fundraising for the DCCC has cratered since the Democrats diversified Cheri Bustos. Now we’ll get to watch the School Board in New York City doing the same thing. They’ve got to desegregate Beacon High!

After they fire all of the white teachers and force the 47% white minority students to attend a crappier school, just wait until test scores at Beacon High plummet. And after that inevitably happens, liberals in New York will blame the systemic white privilege and racism of the school as the problem.

Source: https://www.americanlibertyreport.com/articles/liberals-discover-segregated-school-in-2019/
My religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me....That is the way all men should live, and then all would be equally brave."
— Stonewall Jackson

Cop

« Reply #104 on: April 07, 2020, 10:22:08 AM »
Sens. Warren, Sanders Seek Federal Study To Protect Prostitutes
[Excerpts]

A group of Democrats, including 2020 presidential candidates Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) and Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), on Tuesday introduced a bill to study the effects of a recent sex trafficking law on the health and safety of sex workers [more commonly known as prostitutes – Ed.] in the U.S.

The SAFE SEX Workers Study Act, which calls for the government to conduct a wide-ranging study into the experiences of sex workers, emerges in response to evidence that a sex trafficking bill signed into law last year has dismantled vital online ecosystems for people engaged in consensual and often life-sustaining work in the sex industry.

The controversial bill, dubbed SESTA-FOSTA, made it easier to target websites with legal action for enabling sex trafficking online.

But it also effectively cut off services that allowed sex workers to communicate and organize online.

“As lawmakers, we are responsible for examining unintended consequences of all legislation, and that includes any impact SESTA-FOSTA may have had on the ability of sex workers to protect themselves from physical or financial abuse,” Warren, who has faced criticism over some of her previous positions on sex work, said in a statement on Tuesday.

Source: https://thehill.com/policy/technology/474906-dems-introduce-bill-to-study-impact-of-sex-trafficking-law
— Stonewall Jackson

Cop

« Reply #105 on: July 11, 2020, 05:45:20 PM »
Female Athletes Sue Connecticut for Letting Boys Compete Against Them

Three high-school girls and their mothers, with legal assistance from the Alliance Defending Freedom, sued Connecticut‘s public schools on Wednesday for letting boys compete in female athletics.

“Girls deserve to compete on a level playing field,” said ADF Legal Counsel Christiana Holcomb, according to ADF’s press release. “Forcing them to compete against boys isn’t fair, shatters their dreams, and destroys their athletic opportunities.”

Holcomb said that regardless of one’s cultural gender identity, physical characteristics that distinguish boys from girls were not arbitrary.

“Having separate boys’ and girls’ sports has always been based on biological differences, not what people believe about their gender, because those differences matter for fair competition,” she said.

Three high-school track competitors—Selina Soule, Alanna Smith and Chelsea Mitchell—allege in the lawsuit that the Connecticut Interscholastic Athletic Conference’s policy creates an unfair playing field that allows males to take athletic honors and opportunities that rightly belong to females.

They also argue that CIAC’s policy violates Title IX protections for females.

“And forcing girls to be spectators in their own sports is completely at odds with Title IX, a federal law designed to create equal opportunities for women in education and athletics,” Holcomb said. “Connecticut’s policy violates that law and reverses nearly 50 years of advances for women.”

Since the CIAC chose to let boys who identify girls compete in female athletics, Connecticut’s girls have lost numerous medals and the “public recognition critical to college recruiting and scholarship opportunities.”

The lawsuit, Soule v. Connecticut Association of Schools, says that CIAC’s policy violates Title IX because “inescapable biological facts of the human species [are] not stereotypes, ‘social constructs,’ or relics of past discrimination.”

“As a result of these many inherent physiological differences between men and women after puberty, male athletes consistently achieve records 10-20% higher than comparably fit and trained women across almost all athletic events, with even wider consistent disparities in long-term endurance events and contests of sheer strength such as weight-lifting.”

Source: https://www.libertyheadlines.com/female-athletes-sue-connecticut/
— Stonewall Jackson

Cop

« Reply #106 on: July 11, 2020, 05:49:50 PM »
Transgenders Demand Insurers Pay For Special Underwear

Student government calls for free ‘chest binders’ for female students seeking to conceal their breasts

The Undergraduate Assembly plans to launch a new initiative pushing [the University of Pennsylvania’s] health insurance provider to cover the cost of chest binders for transgender, non-binary, and gender non-conforming students by fall 2020.

College junior and UA Representative Cam Duran said the UA plans to petition insurance coverage for chest binders when the Student Health Insurance Advisory Board, which Duran sat on last year, reconvenes in the spring to determine exactly what the Penn Student Insurance Plan can cover for the 2020-21 academic year.

Chest binders are compression undergarments worn to flatten breasts in order to create a more masculine appearance, according to The New York Times.

The Times added that they are not considered medical devices and can be purchased online and in stores.

Duran said the initiative was inspired by a program offered at Cornell University in which students enrolled in a Cornell student health plan or who pay the Student Health Fee can receive up to two chest binders each semester with no copayment.

Duran said that Penn should be able to provide chest binders without placing a financial burden on students to help improve transgender students’ mental health and gender affirmation.

Duran said Penn’s insurance provider, Aetna Student Health, covers gender affirming services such as surgical and hormone replacement therapy and counseling treatment but does not cover chest binders.

Similar to Aetna, Student Health Services does not provide chest binders.

Students can satisfy the health insurance requirement through either a private plan that fulfills University criteria or enrollment in the PSIP offered through Aetna.

Source: https://www.thecollegefix.com/penn-student-government-calls-for-free-chest-binders-for-female-students/
— Stonewall Jackson

Wally

• Senior Moderator
  • Romans 8:35, 38, 39
« Reply #107 on: July 12, 2020, 04:03:52 AM »
Female Athletes Sue Connecticut for Letting Boys Compete Against Them

Source: https://www.libertyheadlines.com/female-athletes-sue-connecticut/

I'm generally opposed to lawsuits in  most cases, and I don't care about sports, but I hope they win this one.  This "transgender" insanity has gone way to far.
So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10

Cop

« Reply #108 on: July 18, 2020, 05:13:57 PM »
How to baptize your dog
[Excerpts]

When Winston was five or six, the question of his eternal life laid heavy on my heart. Where do dogs go when they die? Is the film All Dogs Go to Heaven making a theological claim? How would I survive in my large heavenly mansion without that dumb little guy barking at every angel that walked by? So, I decided to do what any rational Christian person would do: I baptized my dog.

Before you get angry and say that I forced him, guess what? I did no such thing! I respected Winston's conscience and decision-making ability, so I set before him a napkin with an image on it that will be familiar to any long-time evangelical Christian: The Jesus Bridge. It looks like this, except I had drawn "Dog" on one side, and "God" on the other. Nice symmetry, hmm?

Next, I asked Winston to place his paw on the cross in the middle--symbolizing Jesus' sacrificial love bridging the gap between Dog and God--if he accepted Jesus Christ as his personal lord and savior. Lo and behold, his paw moved to the center of the napkin and he looked up at me with large, penitent brown eyes! He was ready.

The final step was the baptism itself, which could be performed by no means other than complete immersion. Luckily, our pool was just the right size for a small dog to be reborn in. I held Winston above the water and he began to doggy paddle with his legs. I said, "In the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, I baptize you!" and dropped him in the water. He swam to the pool steps and jumped out, washed in the blood of the lamb.

Source: https://religionnews.com/2016/02/17/how-to-baptize-your-dog/

[I know that many of the fallen churches are now performing animal baptisms, but I still think this nothing but blasphemy. The churches have truly become Babylon.]
— Stonewall Jackson

Marelis

« Reply #109 on: July 28, 2020, 01:32:01 PM »
Now I've heard everything. I need forgiveness because I almost laughed.
How to baptize your dog
[Excerpts]

When Winston was five or six, the question of his eternal life laid heavy on my heart. Where do dogs go when they die? Is the film All Dogs Go to Heaven making a theological claim? How would I survive in my large heavenly mansion without that dumb little guy barking at every angel that walked by? So, I decided to do what any rational Christian person would do: I baptized my dog.

Before you get angry and say that I forced him, guess what? I did no such thing! I respected Winston's conscience and decision-making ability, so I set before him a napkin with an image on it that will be familiar to any long-time evangelical Christian: The Jesus Bridge. It looks like this, except I had drawn "Dog" on one side, and "God" on the other. Nice symmetry, hmm?

Next, I asked Winston to place his paw on the cross in the middle--symbolizing Jesus' sacrificial love bridging the gap between Dog and God--if he accepted Jesus Christ as his personal lord and savior. Lo and behold, his paw moved to the center of the napkin and he looked up at me with large, penitent brown eyes! He was ready.

The final step was the baptism itself, which could be performed by no means other than complete immersion. Luckily, our pool was just the right size for a small dog to be reborn in. I held Winston above the water and he began to doggy paddle with his legs. I said, "In the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, I baptize you!" and dropped him in the water. He swam to the pool steps and jumped out, washed in the blood of the lamb.

Source: https://religionnews.com/2016/02/17/how-to-baptize-your-dog/

[I know that many of the fallen churches are now performing animal baptisms, but I still think this nothing but blasphemy. The churches have truly become Babylon.]
"Thou wilt show me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore."  Ps 16:11

Cop

« Reply #110 on: August 16, 2020, 12:33:30 PM »
NASA drops "insensitive" nicknames for cosmic objects

NASA is joining the ever-growing list of organizations and companies reexamining its naming system, removing names that are "insensitive" and "harmful" from its vocabulary. Aunt Jemima, The Chicks, Lady A, Mrs. Butterworth's, the Washington Football Team — and now, celestial objects — are all undergoing a rebrand.

"Eskimo Nebula" and "Siamese Twins Galaxy" are just two examples of nicknames that will be retired, the space agency announced this week. "Often seemingly innocuous nicknames can be harmful and detract from the science," it said.

Celestial objects such as planets, galaxies and nebulae are often given unofficial nicknames, since their official names are typically a series of letters and numbers. However, NASA said some of the names are offensive, and they plan to retire them.

"As the scientific community works to identify and address systemic discrimination and inequality in all aspects of the field, it has become clear that certain cosmic nicknames are not only insensitive, but can be actively harmful," the agency said. "NASA is examining its use of unofficial terminology for cosmic objects as part of its commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion."

NASA said it will no longer refer to planetary nebula NGC 2392, the glowing remains of a sun-like star near the end of its life, as the "Eskimo Nebula." It acknowledged the term's racist origins.

Many indigenous people consider Eskimo a derogatory term because non-native colonizers used it to mean "eater of raw meat," connoting barbarism. In June, Dreyer's Ice Cream dropped the name "Eskimo Pie" after nearly 100 years.

Additionally, the agency will no longer refer to the spiral galaxies NGC 4567 and NGC 4568 as the "Siamese Twins Galaxy."

"Siamese twins" is an outdated expression used to refer to conjoined twins, originally inspired by brothers Chang and Eng Bunker, who were born in Siam, modern-day Thailand. The twins performed in "freak shows" in the 19th century for European and American audiences.

NASA said that it will only use official International Astronomical Union designations to refer to the objects that previously had "inappropriate" nicknames.

"Our goal is that all names are aligned with our values of diversity and inclusion, and we'll proactively work with the scientific community to help ensure that. Science is for everyone, and every facet of our work needs to reflect that value," said Thomas Zurbuchen, associate administrator of NASA's Science Mission Directorate.

The agency said it is working with diversity, inclusion and equity experts to recommend other nicknames and terms for objects moving forward.

"These nicknames and terms may have historical or culture connotations that are objectionable or unwelcoming, and NASA is strongly committed to addressing them," said Stephen T. Shih, Associate Administrator for Diversity and Equal Opportunity. "Science depends on diverse contributions, and benefits everyone, so this means we must make it inclusive."

Source: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/nasa-drops-insensitive-nicknames-for-cosmic-objects/ar-BB17JjXw?ocid=msedgntp
— Stonewall Jackson

Cop

« Reply #111 on: August 16, 2020, 12:47:00 PM »
CNN No Longer Uses The Word ‘Woman’
[Excerpts]

There is a new iteration of the bitter public debate over trans rights, and it all began with a single tweet by CNN.

The cable news company tweeted on Thursday evening (30 July) that new guidance by the American Cancer Society recommends that “individuals with a cervix” should begin cervical screening from the age of 25, rather than 21.

On Friday morning, it began to be picked up by prominent British commentators, including Piers Morgan and Iain Dale.

“Do you mean women?”, Morgan tweeted to his seven and a half million followers.

The argument that CNN should have said “women” instead of “individuals with a cervix” ricocheted around the internet, and engendered a new controversy, as the Labour MP Rosie Duffield “liked” Morgan’s tweet in implicit agreement, and then doubled down on it when accused by other Labour supporters of being transphobic, replying: “I’m a ‘transphobe’ for knowing that only women have a cervix….?!”

Her name spent most of the weekend trending on Twitter, and huge numbers of Labour activists are organising to report her for breaking party rules, while many others flock to praise her.

If you are sick of Twitter rows and “identity politics”, don’t give up on reading this article quite yet. The row isn’t just about language, but about public policy.

Duffield, who is chair of the Women’s Parliamentary Labour Party (PLP), the largest grouping of women in parliament, and who rose to prominence after delivering a powerful speech about her experience of domestic abuse in a parliamentary debate on the Domestic Abuse Bill, was challenged over this because trans men (for those who may be new to this, a trans man is someone born biologically female but identifies and lives as a man) do, also, have cervixes in many cases, and have a legal right (see the Gender Recognition Act of 2004) to be recognised as men.

Source: https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/uk/2020/08/why-should-cnn-tweet-about-individuals-cervix
— Stonewall Jackson

Cop

« Reply #112 on: August 16, 2020, 01:04:31 PM »
These Outdated Body Part Names Are No Longer Deemed Appropriate
[Excerpts]

Doctors have been calling out gender bias on some of the origins of human body parts, believing that the medical language is both “sexist” and “misogynistic.”

For ob/gynDr. Kristin Small, these medical terms represented an older generation and had become increasingly irrelevant in today’s generation.

These terms include Achilles Tendon, which was named after the weak spot of a Greek Trojan war hero. Another example is the term Adam’s Apple, which refers to a biblical male figure.

While Small continues to teach the medical terms for strictly “exam purposes,” she encouraged her students to find alternatives for what she considers as a “dead man’s name,” that was simply patterned after “old men, kings and heroes.”

Other members of the medical field agree with the misogynistic medical language.

Another ob/gyn, Dr. Nisha Khot, claimed that students are often “shocked” by the sexist origins of these body parts.

She cites the term “hysterectomy” as an example. Khot explained that the origin came from the medical practice of removing a women’s uterus to treat hysteria, and instead suggested “uterectomy” as a more appropriate term.

Other sexist medical terms include Aquaduct of Sylvius, a fluid-filled brain canal, Montgomery glands that refer to the nipple glands, and Pouch of Douglas, an area that is found between the rectum and the uterus.

Most recently, other big companies are forced to make a change to their names. Such changes include Quaker Oats and Trader Joe’s.

More @: https://thepatriothill.com/left-news/2020/07/21/doctors-are-calling-out-names-of-male-body-parts-as-sexist-misogynistic/#comment-5000238457
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Using proper terminology is empowering
[Excerpts]

CerebralPalsy.org – Misused, outdated, or negative terminology is inappropriate and hurtful.

A person with impairment should not be defined by his or her condition: He is not spastic, he has spastic Cerebral Palsy.

Recognizing outdated terminology is respectful: She is not wheelchair-bound, she uses a wheelchair. Eliminating negative tone is respectful: He is not ‘special ed,’ he participates in the special education program.

Official Calls Special-Ed Kids ‘Crayon Eaters’: Report

Eliminating disrespectful slang and words that imply victimization is appropriate: He is not a victim, unfortunate, crippled, sufferer, stricken by, retarded, spastic, or incapacitated; he simply has impairment.

As those within the medical industry and the community-based support network move towards universally accepted concepts and shared terminology, many terms will continue to be modified, changed, and more clearly define. Terminology continues to evolve.

Even though the terms impairment, disability and handicap are accepted today, they may be changed tomorrow. In fact, in 2005 the World Health Organization (WHO) recommended classifying Cerebral Palsy as an ‘activity limitation’ versus ‘impairment.’

sexist Yet, others prefer ‘activity ability’ in order to concentrate on a person’s capability, rather than his or her limitation. Some recommend using the term ‘participation restriction’ in place of ‘handicap.’ Although recommendations are made, not all are established.

“Becoming aware of our own perceptions, stereotypes and discomforts around particular disabilities is the first step towards addressing subtle biases that could possibly be projected onto individuals with disabilities,” St. Mary’s County Commission for People with Disabilities states. “Our own beliefs and comfort level around disability has a major impact on how we view, interact, and provide service and programs.”

More @: https://www.cerebralpalsy.org/information/disability/etiquette
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A-to-Z list of terms that are no longer deemed socially acceptable

Addict, use person with a drug problem or person with a substance use disorder instead

Brain damaged, use a person with a brain injury instead

Crazy, especially when used to describe something incredible or ridiculous

Dwarf

Epileptic, especially when referring to an individual

Freak

Gimp or gimpy to describe a limp

Hysterical, typically used in reference to women

Imbecile was the diagnostic term for people with IQ scores between 30–50 in the early 1900s. It is no longer used professionally.

Junkie, use person with a drug problem or person with a substance use disorder instead

Lame. A reference to difficulty walking or moving; e.g. “He told us a lame excuse for why he had not done the work.”

Moron, moronic

Nut, nuts, or nuthouse

Hitchcock would never get away with this movie title today. "Psycho"

Retard/Retarded although before circa the 1990s this was considered acceptable by most non-disabled people and organizations. Also known as the r-word.

Schizo, especially as an adjective, meaning “erratic” or “unpredictable” or, for the former two, to refer to an individual.

Tard, short for “retard”; see retard above.

Vegetable

Wheelchair-bound, use “person who uses a wheelchair”

Yuppie flu used as a pejorative term for chronic fatigue syndrome
— Stonewall Jackson

Cop

« Reply #113 on: September 14, 2020, 06:30:47 PM »
Abortions an Essential Service Because They Are ‘Life-Sustaining’
[Excerpts]

Abortion will remain an “essential” service in Michigan because it is “life sustaining,” according to Gov. Gretchen Whitmer.

When asked about states such as Texas that have put a hold on abortions during the coronavirus pandemic, Whitmer declared that comparing abortions to elective surgeries, as Texas has done, is “ridiculous.”

“We stopped elective surgeries here in Michigan,” she said. “Some people have tried to say that that type of a procedure is considered the same and that’s ridiculous. A woman’s healthcare, her whole future, her ability to decide if and when she starts a family is not an election, it is a fundamental to her life.”

“It is life sustaining,” Whitmer said of abortion, adding, “It’s something that government should not be getting in the middle of.”

While she has deemed it acceptable for citizens in the state to be banned from seeing other family members or traveling to different residences, they are allowed to visit marijuana dispensaries and state-run liquor stores.

Source: https://headlineusa.com/whitmer-abortions-life-sustaining/
— Stonewall Jackson

Cop

« Reply #114 on: September 14, 2020, 06:36:00 PM »
Texas University Sued for Firing Math Prof. Who Mocked 'Microaggressions'
[Excerpts]

The University of North Texas fired a mathematics professor after he joked about a flyer, which was anonymously placed in the faculty lounge, that called attention to “microaggressions,” the Alliance Defending Freedom reported.

Dr. Ralf Schmidt, who chairs UNT’s mathematics department, fired Hiers for mocking the microaggressions flyer and then failing to show “honest regret” for doing so.
Identity-politics leftists use the term microaggression to label what they perceive as indirect, subtle and even unintentional racism, sexism or any other “ism” that offends somebody. “The right to free speech is for everyone—not just those in power. Tolerance is a two-way street,” said ADF Legal Counsel Michael Ross.

“Public universities can’t fire professors just because they don’t endorse every message someone communicates in the faculty lounge,” Ross continued. “By firing Dr. Hiers, the university sent an explicit message: ‘Agree with us or else.’”

Hiers said the flyers were left in the mathematics department’s faculty lounge, where professors chat, discuss ideas and banter with one another.
When someone anonymously dropped off the flyers, he drew an arrow on the chalkboard that pointed to the stack with the statement, “Don’t leave garbage lying around.”
Schmidt did not have a sense of humor about it. He called Hiers’ actions “stupid” and “cowardly.”

Hiers said he has the freedom to comment on flyers if someone else has the freedom to anonymously put them in the lounge.

Source: https://headlineusa.com/texas-prof-fired-microaggressions/
— Stonewall Jackson

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #115 on: September 15, 2020, 07:44:26 AM »
It appears that the mayors of some large cities in America have been suffering from the same illness that has infected what is called "higher education."
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Cop

« Reply #116 on: February 27, 2021, 08:18:54 PM »
Top-Down Anti-White Diversity Training Is Roiling the American Workplace
[Excerpts]

(John Murawski, RealClearInvestigations) A white physician working in Raleigh, N.C., says he has participated in multiple diversity training exercises – including two in the last two years – without a fuss. But he was taken aback when his employer, Duke University Health System, said this summer it will roll out a comprehensive strategy to purge the last vestiges of racism from the workplace.

The way it looks to him, Duke basically wants him to admit he’s a racist and repent.

Like a growing number of organizations around the country responding to the death of George Floyd and the Black Lives Matter movement, Duke is adopting anti-racist advocacy as an organizational mission. That mission doesn’t mention time-honored workplace goals like color-blindness, meritocracy, or equal opportunity; instead, its target is the so-called complicity of America and its citizens in “structural racism,” “oppression,” and denialism.

“I feel like my employer is calling me ‘racist’ and I then saying I must agree,” the doctor, who requested anonymity, told RealClearInvestigations. He said he is troubled that Duke’s leadership is imposing its political ideology on staff, implicating employees in a sweeping moral narrative, and dedicating itself to the task of “uncovering this hidden racism the employer is sure lurks within.”

Workers are coming under increasing pressure to support social justice programs on race and gender that would have been considered radical just a few years ago and too divisive to be injected into the workplace. Now an organization’s commitment to fighting racism and identity-related “phobias” increasingly involves encouraging, pressing, or even requiring workers to get behind the company’s social justice mission. And it can spell trouble for employees who balk or publicly disagree…

The backlash has been almost immediate. Just last month, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission filed a religious discrimination complaint against Kroger Co., the grocery chain, for firing two conservative Christian employees who refused to wear mandatory rainbow hearts on their work aprons in an Arkansas store because, they said, it constituted advocacy for LGBTQ causes. The women’s attorney, David Hogue, said he is representing about 10 other Kroger employees who are seeking a religious exemption from wearing the hearts on their smocks.

Also last month, President Trump issued an executive order banning racial and gender stereotyping in federal agencies and by federal contractors. What Trump had in mind wasn’t old-fashioned chauvinists and bigots – he was targeting racial-sensitivity workshops informed by a doctrine known as critical race theory.

“Many people are pushing a different vision of America that is grounded in hierarchies based on collective social and political identities rather than in the inherent and equal dignity of every person as an individual,” the executive order states. “This ideology is rooted in the pernicious and false belief that America is an irredeemably racist and sexist country; that some people, simply on account of their race or sex, are oppressors; and that racial and sexual identities are more important than our common status as human beings and Americans.”

Source: https://www.realclearinvestigations.com/articles/2020/10/20/top-down_white_penitence_is_shaking_up_the_workplace_125684.html
— Stonewall Jackson

Cop

« Reply #117 on: March 08, 2021, 05:18:22 PM »
Woke Educators Declare Objective Math a Form of ‘White Supremacy’
[Excerpts]

...math education itself has been deemed “racist.” A group of educators just released a document calling for a transformation of math education that focuses on “dismantling white supremacy in math classrooms by visibilizing the toxic characteristics of white supremacy culture with respect to math.”

Among the educators’ recommendations, which officials in some states are promoting, are calls to “identify and challenge the ways that math is used to uphold capitalist, imperialist, and racist views,” “provide learning opportunities that use math as resistance,” and “encourage them to disrupt the disproportionate push-out of people of color in [STEM] fields.”

Beyond activism, these recommendations also argue that traditional approaches to math education promote racism and white supremacy, such as requiring students to show their work or prioritizing correct answers to math problems. The document claims that current math teaching is problematic because it focuses on “reinforcing objectivity and the idea that there is only one right way” while it “also reinforces paternalism.”

This week, some prominent university professors spoke out against these new woke math education recommendations. Princeton mathematics professor Sergiu Klainerman wrote a guest post on the topic at journalist Bari Weiss’s website. He says: “Attempts to ‘deconstruct’ mathematics, deny its objectivity, accuse it of racial bias, and infuse it with political ideology have become more and more common — perhaps, even, at your child’s elementary school.”

Klainerman, who grew up in communist Romania, warns that this current classroom dogma is dangerous. He writes: “When it comes to education, I believe the woke ideology is even more harmful than old-fashioned communism.”

Columbia University English professor John McWhorter also chimed in against this math education document and its recommendations.

“This lovely pamphlet is teaching us that it is racist to expect black kids to master the precision of math,” he writes in a blog post. “To wit – its message, penned by people who consider themselves some of the most morally advanced souls in the history of the human species, is one that Strom Thurmond would have happily taken a swig of whiskey to.”

“This, folks, is the ‘Critical Race Theory’ that so many of us are resisting, not a simple program for ‘social justice,’” McWhorter later adds. “To distrust this document is not to be against social justice, but against racism.”

While the growing emphasis on critical theory in American classrooms has broader societal implications, including the devaluation of objectivity and individualism, the real victims of this educational approach are the students themselves. In one of his final articles before he died last December, economist Walter Williams decried the poor academic performance of students in large urban school districts.

“In two city high schools,” Williams wrote of Detroit, “only one student tested proficient in math and none are proficient in English. Yet, the schools spent a full week learning about ‘systemic racism’ and ‘Black Lives Matter activism.’”

More @: https://fee.org/articles/woke-educators-release-letter-declaring-objective-math-a-form-of-white-supremacy/
— Stonewall Jackson

Wally

• Senior Moderator
  • Romans 8:35, 38, 39
« Reply #118 on: March 09, 2021, 02:49:33 AM »
I'm sure the Black astronauts who have flown to the ISS were grateful for the "white supremacy" of the math that allowed them to rendezvous with the space station.

Insanity or devil possession?  A little of both?
So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10

Cop

« Reply #119 on: March 11, 2021, 01:12:03 PM »
I'm sure the Black astronauts who have flown to the ISS were grateful for the "white supremacy" of the math that allowed them to rendezvous with the space station.

Insanity or devil possession?  A little of both?

Along those lines, I keep thinking of what kind of faith a person would to have to fly in a plane, drive over a bridge or enter into a space station, etc. designed by an engineer who doesn't believe there has to be a correct answer to their math calculations? ::)
— Stonewall Jackson