Author Topic: God's Providence in my Life--& yours I Hope  (Read 7419 times)

Nic Samojluk

• "I have come that you may have life! Choose Life"
    • Advent Life
God's Providence in my Life--& yours I Hope
« on: May 12, 2016, 07:04:45 PM »
Many of us have experienced the providential intervention of the Lord in our lives. I would like to share with you some of those experiences, and I hope some of you will be tempted to do likewise.

Nic Samojluk

• Advent Life
Re: God's Providence in my Life--& yours I Hope
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2016, 07:20:14 PM »
In the Name of the Lord

Many years ago,we were coming from Mexico and stopped at a gas station. My wife was not feeling well, and we were stranded near Temecula, California. The Gas station attendant informed us that he needed to close his business. I had spent four hours attempting to get the car started to no avail.

The tow truck man could not get it started and told me that the timing was broken and that there no way to get it started. I said to my wife: “Let’s call a taxi.” She said: “Let me try one more time.” and then she added: “In the name of the Lord," and turned the ignition key.

The car started and we got safely home, but the next morning the car refused to cooperate. I called the tow truck, and when the mechanic checked the motor, he informed me that the timing was broken and that there was no way to get the car started.

How do you explain this?

Dorine

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2016, 08:26:59 PM »
There is only one explanation. Praise God for His miraculous manifestations in our lives. Thank you for sharing this with us Nic.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Ed Sutton

• Ed Sutton Blogger Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2016, 03:40:17 AM »
Wed or Thur morning approx one mile from home, my son's car stopped on the four lane and was gushing gasoline out the engine onto the pavement.  Years ago I had watched a man's pickup truck engine ignite and engulf the whole front of the pickup in fire very rapidly from a gasoline leak, all he could do was get parked and exit the truck and watch it burn till the fire dept hosed out the roaring fire.  A total loss.

This time, the engine was cooler, had only gone one mile from home, no fire, no loss, no injuries.  He will attempt to repair it himself.  Is a truck driver and trained diesel mechanic.  He drives 30+ miles to the job start, picks up the truck & trailer and starts delivering cargo for the day in state and out of state depending on the route and stops for the day, works 60 hour weeks on the clock + nearly 20 hour transit time off the clock.

We pray by smart phone mourning and evening - work days, for ourselves, our jobs, our families, our church families, missionaries, etc. 

He is assembling a 1/10 scale Sanctuary and expounding on it's lessons, and at Michigan Cedar Lake Campmeeting , him & daughter in law & me & my wife are attending the Emmanuel Inst. lead evangelism training series, and tonite between sessions of the local Thunder In The Holy Land I am recommitting my self to Jesus through public rebaptism.

God is a prayer hearing, prayer answering, personal Saviour in Spirit and in Truth .
Grateful for Psalms 32 and Titus 2:10 - The divinity of Christ is acknowledged in the unity of the children of God.  {11MR 266.2}

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2016, 06:19:33 AM »
Yes, thank you both Nic and Ed for sharing how God is leading in your lives. Our testimonies of what God is doing will be an encouragement to others and gives the glory to God.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Nic Samojluk

• Advent Life
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2016, 06:29:32 AM »
Thank you Dorine, Ed, and Richard for your comments and testimonies. Today I would like to add the following anecdote I experience some years ago:

The Day I Was Almost Killed

Four decades ago, I was working with my wife at the Loma Linda Foods. My job was to remove the old paint with a very heavy piece of equipment that was hanging above my head. My assistant was next to me and all of a sudden he asked me something. I moved towards him and at that precise moment the heavy machine broke of from its support and came hurling down missing my head by inches. My partner said: “You gained a new lease on life.”

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2016, 01:11:52 PM »
It is amazing how many of us know we have been spared. Some do not believe God gives to man a period of probation, a period of temporal life in which we have time to be transformed in nature. Let us each take time to consider why it was that God has spared our lives for a bit longer. What a merciful and long-suffering God we serve!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2016, 01:21:29 PM »
Every time our heart beats it is like the gentle knock of our Savior to come into our hearts if He is not abiding there (Revelation 3:20), or, if He is abiding there, it is like the gentle work of the Master Carpenter continuing His work within us to make us fully like Himself--may we more fully appreciate the miracle of each heart beat, of each breath, and of each blessing from God. Our lives are a gift purchased at infinite cost--the cross of Calvary, and the ongoing intercession of Jesus in the heavenly sanctuary. I appreciated the testimonies that were shared! God is amazing!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Nic Samojluk

• Advent Life
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2016, 06:17:07 PM »
Thank you, Richard and Sean for your inspiring comments! Today I want to share with you and the readers of this blog the following personal experience:

Showers of Blessing!

Some years ago as we were singing the well-known hymn Showers of Blessings with the large congregation at the Loma Linda University Church all of a sudden my mind went back to another occasion thirty years before:

We were visiting my parents who lived in the city of Riverside at that time. It was a terribly hot day, and it had not rained in a very long time. My parents did not have air conditioning in their home, and we were perspiring heavily due to the unusual hot season.

My mother, who has always been a person of a strong spiritual faith, suddenly said: "It is really hot, and we need some rain. Let us sing 'There shall be showers of blessings.'” We did, and we sang it in Spanish, since that had become my parent’s adopted language when they emigrated to South America after leaving Ukraine back in 1937.

I did not pay too much attention to the incident, and we returned to our home in Loma Linda in the evening. Of course, we did have air conditioning in our home, for which reason we were greatly relieved upon arriving back to our place.

That night it rained, and the rain was so heavy that I told my wife: "We need to call my mother and ask her to please ask the Lord to stop this rain, because I think that it will flood our backyard." Of course, it didn’t, but it came pretty close.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2016, 08:33:24 PM »
Is not it amazing that God answers prayer. I have shared a testimony already when God answered prayer before I knew Him. It was most amazing to me at the time. It was unmistakable that it was God who responded to my prayer.

Nic, one of the very sad things we shall cry over during the thousand years, is when we realize God did answer our prayers for others. Why will we cry? Because we did not spend more time praying for others who might have made it if we had prayed for them. Such a painful thought!

Have a blessed Sabbath, dear friends.

Nic Samojluk

• Advent Life
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2016, 06:10:57 AM »

Happy Sabbath to you, Richard! I agree with you that we must take the time to pray for others; it is the essence of true religion and the good news of the Gospel. Today I want to share with you and others the following providential experience:

Saved From a Fatal Crash

Many years ago we were coming back from a visit to L.A. The place was unfamiliar to  us, it was rather dark, and I could not see well. Suddenly, my wife, who was seated at the passenger side of the vehicle, pulled on the steering wheel so hard and at that precise moment I missed a metal post by one inch I would have crashed into had not she intervened.

She had no time to warn me that I was about to crash into it. When I realized what had happened, my feet started shaking so hard I had to get to the side of the road, stop, and wait for my nerves to calm down. I felt that I could have lost my life had not my wife jerked on that steering wheel so hard. It dawned on me that God's angel was watching over us and saved us from a terrible tragedy.