Author Topic: Global Warming  (Read 5109 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Global Warming
« on: April 20, 2016, 08:40:59 AM »
The pope and his friends are moving ahead full steam to control humanity. I expect Houston will have their electronic highway signs telling the population to limit watering their gardens due to the drought.  You laugh?

In Northern California, I passed a highway sign saying just that. The state is letting precious water run out of the lakes into the ocean since the rainfall has been above average and there is danger or flooding if they do not do this. Rather than telling us to increase watering while we have the water, they would rather it be wasted. Voters provided emergency funds to increase water storage, but the state will not build any more reservoirs.

In a year with above average rainfall and when cities are in danger of flooding if water is not released from the lakes, they say we having a drought.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Wally

• Senior Moderator
  • Romans 8:35, 38, 39
Re: Global Warming
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2016, 04:53:06 PM »
This morning I heard some clips from some of the speeches which were given on the first "Earth Day" back in the 70's.  The alarmists were warning of global cooling and of the drastic effects it would have on agriculture.  Now the alarmists are claiming the same thing because of alleged warming.  Why do they have any credibility?  If it were about real science, they would be marginalized; but this is more about a political agenda than about scientific realities.
So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2016, 07:24:58 PM »
Doesn't agriculture depend upon carbon dioxide? You are right, Wally.  I was reading Isaiah 5 yesterday and read this, which explains what we see going on today.  "Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!"
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

colporteur

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2016, 03:08:04 PM »
This is off topic but still probably worthy of mention. I heard part of a sermon the other day on climate change. We are having a major climate change.... in the church. One definition of "climate" according to Webster's is " the prevailing attitudes, standards, or conditions of a group, period, or place." I did not here much of the sermon but think I will use that and create my own sermon off the same concept. My title may be " How Do We Stop Climate Change?"

Pastor Dan Shafer had a somewhat similar sermon but approached it from a different angle and titled the message, " The Way We Were." He talked about how we used to speak the same language and how we used to not have to wonder what kind of music we would be hearing in church today. His sermon took on a tone of nostalgia. It was a bit sad.
It's easier to slow a fast horse down than to get a dead one going.