Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--86--Go Teach All Nations  (Read 20091 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Re: The Desire of Ages--86--Go Teach All Nations
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2019, 08:54:41 AM »
Amen Brother Beacon and Pastor Sean!  What an opportunity God has given to us!  Jesus wants us to go to the whole world, to share the knowledge of Him. And, He will empower us to do this with great power. How beautiful are those who seek the salvation of the lost with the gospel message!

All who consecrate soul, body, and spirit to God will be constantly receiving a new endowment of physical and mental power. The inexhaustible supplies of heaven are at their command. Christ gives them the breath of His own spirit, the life of His own life. The Holy Spirit puts forth its highest energies to work in heart and mind. The grace of God enlarges and multiplies their faculties, and every perfection of the divine nature comes to their assistance in the work of saving souls. Through co-operation with Christ they are complete in Him, and in their human weakness they are enabled to do the deeds of Omnipotence.   
     The Saviour longs to manifest His grace and stamp His character on the whole world. It is His purchased possession, and He desires to make men free, and pure, and holy.

Imagine that! Jesus wants the "whole world"!! We ought to think higher than we do!!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Dorine

« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2019, 06:02:19 AM »
It's wonderful to be back on line again. Is your plan to join here at chapter 86 where we left off? or to join with chapter 6 where we would be if we had been posting everyday as usual? I'm going to post my thoughts on this chapter this morning in case this is where you are going to pick it up again.

"The disciples were to begin their work where they were. The hardest and most unpromising field was not to be passed by. So every one of Christ's workers is to begin where he is. In our own families may be souls hungry for sympathy, starving for the bread of life. There may be children to be trained for Christ. There are heathen at our very doors. Let us do faithfully the work that is nearest."

We have a mission field all around us. It starts in the home and spreads out. What a privilege we have as Christs disciples to share the wonderful news of salvation. He will never turn anyone away that comes to Him. Just as Jesus was steps away from His heavenly home we too are just steps away from our eternal home. May we not grow complacent while we wait.  With the help of the Holy Spirit there's still much work to be done.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2019, 06:22:50 PM »
We can post from past readings, if we can remember our thoughts. I cannot.   Let us continue on as we have been reading daily. If some have not read daily, then they can pick up so we are on the same schedule. We are still having a few difficulties. They ought to be worked out by tomorrow morning.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Beacon

« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2019, 05:40:19 PM »
 "The Saviour's commission to the disciples included all the believers. It includes all believers in Christ to the end of time. It is a fatal mistake to suppose that the work of saving souls depends alone on the ordained minister. All to whom the heavenly inspiration has come are put in trust with the gospel. All who receive the life of Christ are ordained to work for the salvation of their fellow men. For this work the church was established, and all who take upon themselves its sacred vows are thereby pledged to be co-workers with Christ. The humblest worker, moved by the Holy Spirit, will touch invisible chords, whose vibrations will ring to the ends of the earth, and make melody through eternal ages."

At one point I was invited to preach a " Thanksgiving Day " message at a church that was about 1.5hrs away from where I lived. I always feel that it is a " Divine Appointment " when such an invitation is given. As I reviewed my notes, and prayed for God's guidance, the Holy Spirit seem to indicate that the message I planned to share was not the one needed. So after praying again I had the impression that it would be best to tell them what I was thankful for the "most" and then invite the congregation to do the same. When I finished sharing my testimony there were strong " amen's. " Then to my surprise, the entire congregation of about 35 people were eager to share their testimonies of Thankfulness to Jesus for all He had done for them. It was electrifying and one could strongly sense the Holy Spirit's presence and even though the service went overtime in a major way---No one was anxious to leave. So I would like to post again the closing sentence of the above paragraph for your encouragement to become an Active Laboring Labor for Jesus...You too will be amazed at what God will do through you if you are WILLING.

"The humblest worker, moved by the Holy Spirit, will touch invisible chords, whose vibrations will ring to the ends of the earth, and make melody through eternal ages." 

Look up and listen for the shout.

Dorine

« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2019, 04:48:26 AM »
It is in doing Christ's work that the church has the promise of His presence. Go teach all nations, He said; "and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world." To take His yoke is one of the first conditions of receiving His power. The very life of the church depends upon her faithfulness in fulfilling the Lord's commission. To neglect this work is surely to invite spiritual feebleness and decay. Where there is no active labor for others, love wanes, and faith grows dim.

This seems to be describing the condition of our church today. It's too easy to leave it to organizations to do the work but there are needy souls all around within our influence that should not be overlooked. What is it going to take to wake us up? Let's not wait until the church as a whole wakes up. God will start the work in us as we yield our hearts to Him.  As we yoke up with Him the power of God will work in our lives to accomplish mighty works for the saving of souls for the kingdom of heaven. What an awesome privilege God has given to each one of us.

This is the last verse to a song I sing each morning before starting my day.

O, Holy Ghost revival comes from Thee
Send a revival, start the work in me.
Thy word declares, Thou wilt supply our need;
For blessings now O, Lord, I humbly plead.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2019, 05:23:08 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon and Sister Dorine!!

As we share what Jesus has done for us personally and individually, we find grace and strength to continue to receive from Christ and continue to impart! He knew we needed to have an active part in sharing the gospel, and that is why Jesus invites us to start where we are as we yield the whole heart to Him! A complete surrender motivated by beholding the loveliness of Jesus (God's grace) leads us to experience genuine conversion manifest in whole-hearted obedience to all His commandments with the accompanying witness that all of the fruits of the Spirit are manifest in the life without one missing! That cannot be a lifeless theory!!

"The gospel is to be presented, not as a lifeless theory, but as a living force to change the life. God desires that the receivers of His grace shall be witnesses to its power. Those whose course has been most offensive to Him He freely accepts; when they repent, He imparts to them His divine Spirit, places them in the highest positions of trust, and sends them forth into the camp of the disloyal to proclaim His boundless mercy. He would have His servants bear testimony to the fact that through His grace men may possess Christlikeness of character, and may rejoice in the assurance of His great love. He would have us bear testimony to the fact that He cannot be satisfied until the human race are reclaimed and reinstated in their holy privileges as His sons and daughters." {The Desire of Ages, page 826, paragraph 2}

When we realize that Jesus is not satisfied yet, it can motivate us also not to be satisfied yet--but to seek and save the lost around us so that His great sacrifice for them on Calvary may not have been in vain!   
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2019, 08:09:38 AM »
Amen Pastor Sean! What a privilege we all have to work with God in saving the lost! It is why Jesus does not lay us to rest when we are truly converted as we saw with the thief on the cross. There is a work to do here that requires our help.

When I finished sharing my testimony there were strong " amen's. " Then to my surprise, the entire congregation of about 35 people were eager to share their testimonies of Thankfulness to Jesus for all He had done for them. It was electrifying and one could strongly sense the Holy Spirit's presence and even though the service went overtime in a major way---No one was anxious to leave. So I would like to post again the closing sentence of the above paragraph for your encouragement to become an Active Laboring Labor for Jesus...You too will be amazed at what God will do through you if you are WILLING.

Amen Brother Beacon! We are instructed that our people do not need a sermon every Sabbath, but what is needed are testimonies of how God is working in our lives. It has been my practice to always give opportunity for those in attendance to share before I preach.

Today's reading reminds us that the health message given to us is the "right arm" of the gospel. It gives us opportunity to plow the ground before we attempt to plant the seed of truth. Many fail to understand God wants to heal us body, mind, and Spirit.

I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the Lord that healeth thee." Exodus 15:26. Christ gave to Israel definite instruction in regard to their habits of life, and He assured them, "The Lord will take away from thee all sickness." Deuteronomy 7:15. When they fulfilled the conditions, the promise was verified to them. "There was not one feeble person among their tribes." Psalm 105:37.
     These lessons are for us. There are conditions to be observed by all who would preserve health. All should learn what these conditions are. The Lord is not pleased with ignorance in regard to His laws, either natural or spiritual. We are to be workers together with God for the restoration of health to the body as well as to the soul.
     And we should teach others how to preserve and to recover health. For the sick we should use the remedies which God has provided in nature, and we should point them to Him who alone can restore. It is our work to present the sick and suffering to Christ in the arms of our faith. We should teach them to believe in the Great Healer. We should lay hold on His promise, and pray for the manifestation of His power. The very essence of the gospel is restoration, and the Saviour would have us bid the sick, the hopeless, and the afflicted take hold upon His strength.
     The power of love was in all Christ's healing, and only by partaking of that love, through faith, can we be instruments for His work.

Amen! And this is found in the opening chapter of Ministry of Healing: Our Lord Jesus Christ came to this world as the unwearied servant of man’s necessity. He “took our infirmities, and bare our sicknesses,” that He might minister to every need of humanity. Matthew 8:17. The burden of disease and wretchedness and sin He came to remove. It was His mission to bring to men complete restoration; He came to give them health and peace and perfection of character.

Varied were the circumstances and needs of those who besought His aid, and none who came to Him went away unhelped. From Him flowed a stream of healing power, and in body and mind and soul men were made whole.

Beacon

« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2020, 08:23:41 AM »
"It is our work to present the sick and suffering to Christ in the arms of our faith. We should teach them to believe in the Great Healer. We should lay hold on His promise, and pray for the manifestation of His power. The very essence of the gospel is restoration, and the Saviour would have us bid the sick, the hopeless, and the afflicted take hold upon His strength."

The power of love was in all Christ's healing, and only by partaking of that love, through faith, can we be instruments for His work.

Jesus invites us to be His messengers of Love & Healing both Spiritually and Physically. 

In Matthew 28:18-20 we find these words of commission, an assignment given by the King of Kings & Lord of Lords!

18 "And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen"

What will our response be?

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2020, 06:04:09 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon! I choose to respond with my whole heart to Jesus for His will to be done!!

May we realize the simplicity with which Christ healed the sick and follow His manner of labor in pointing them to the simple agencies of nature without the use of drug medication, which places an additional burden on the immune system. I can testify of the healing power of the NEWSTART lifestyle in Christ: Nutrition, Exercise, Water, Sunshine, Temperance, Air, Rest, and Trust (in God's Divine Power) to have been the healing method Jesus used to restore me from bipolar disorder in 2011. The medications I once was on were not truly healing me, and there were major side effects as well. Jesus' method is best!!! I am so grateful for the power of His love to restore and motivate the soul to cooperate with the healing power of His grace so the soul may reveal all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing!

"In the Saviour's manner of healing there were lessons for His disciples. On one occasion He anointed the eyes of a blind man with clay, and bade him, 'Go, wash in the pool of Siloam. . . . He went his way therefore, and washed, and came seeing.' John 9:7. The cure could be wrought only by the power of the Great Healer, yet Christ made use of the simple agencies of nature. While He did not give countenance to drug medication, He sanctioned the use of simple and natural remedies." {The Desire of Ages, page 824, paragraph 1}

Let us cooperate with Jesus in His healing plan both for our lives and the lives of those around us!!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2020, 07:36:44 AM »
Amen, my brothers!  God has given to His people power to heal both body and soul. The right arm of the gospel is the health message. It is the method that God has given to us to plow the ground before we plant the Seed of truth. Jesus spend more time healing than preaching.

The disciples were to have the same power which Jesus had to heal "all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people." By healing in His name the diseases of the body, they would testify to His power for the healing of the soul. Matthew 4:23; 9:6. And a new endowment was now promised. The disciples were to preach among other nations, and they would receive power to speak other tongues. The apostles and their associates were unlettered men, yet through the outpouring of the Spirit on the day of Pentecost, their speech, whether in their own or a foreign language, became pure, simple, and accurate, both in word and in accent.
     Thus Christ gave His disciples their commission. He made full provision for the prosecution of the work, and took upon Himself the responsibility for its success. So long as they obeyed His word, and worked in connection with Him, they could not fail. Go to all nations, He bade them. Go to the farthest part of the habitable globe, but know that My presence will be there. Labor in faith and confidence, for the time will never come when I will forsake you.

We shall not be disappointed as we seek to save the lost. Our field is the whole Earth! God has put into our hands a way to reach out to many in their homes all over the world. Working with Jesus, our efforts will receive the power of God, and we cannot fail!

Dorine

« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2020, 07:56:10 AM »
To many of the afflicted ones who received healing, Christ said, "Sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee." John 5:14. Thus He taught that disease is the result of violating God's laws, both natural and spiritual. The great misery in the world would not exist did men but live in harmony with the Creator's plan.

As I watch family and friends suddenly succumb to cancer lately I am amazed to see how many are refusing to seek God for healing through His natural and spiritual laws. We must trust God completely to do as He promises even if it may not make sense to us.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2020, 05:24:36 AM »
Yes dear sister, it is amazing, but understandable. Like the person addicted to smoking can be diagnosed with lung cancer, but they will not quit smoking. So it is with unconverted sinners who when diagnosed with a disease will not give their hearts to Christ and follow His laws. They will not read Counsels on Health, Ministry of Healing, or any other healthl book which is inspired. They are intent on following the doctors prescription and will continue on until life expires. You would think that life was more precious, and they would try anything since they know they are dying. But, they will continue to follow their own wisdom, and not the wisdom of God. We ought not be amazed because a Laodicean people are blind to their sins and their need of Jesus. How very sad indeed.

Beacon

« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2020, 07:11:30 PM »
"The apostles and their associates were unlettered men, yet through the outpouring of the Spirit on the day of Pentecost, their speech, whether in their own or a foreign language, became pure, simple, and accurate, both in word and in accent."

The Great Gospel Commission is...."Matthew 28:18-20 "And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

"Thus Christ gave His disciples their commission. He made full provision for the prosecution of the work, and took upon Himself the responsibility for its success. So long as they obeyed His word, and worked in connection with Him, they could not fail. Go to all nations, He bade them. Go to the farthest part of the habitable globe, but know that My presence will be there. Labor in faith and confidence, for the time will never come when I will forsake you."

You do not need a Doctorate Degree in Religion from some prestigious university - You only need the Power of the Holy Spirit which is promised to ALL who are willing to Surrender ALL to Jesus. 

"The power of love was in all Christ's healing, and only by partaking of that love, through faith, can we be instruments for His work."..."Where there is no active labor for others, love wanes, and faith grows dim."

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2020, 05:43:49 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!

Let us give the message Christ has entrusted to us!!

"In the commission to His disciples, Christ not only outlined their work, but gave them their message. Teach the people, He said, 'to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you.' The disciples were to teach what Christ had taught. That which He had spoken, not only in person, but through all the prophets and teachers of the Old Testament, is here included. Human teaching is shut out. There is no place for tradition, for man's theories and conclusions, or for church legislation. No laws ordained by ecclesiastical authority are included in the commission. None of these are Christ's servants to teach. 'The law and the prophets,' with the record of His own words and deeds, are the treasure committed to the disciples to be given to the world. Christ's name is their watchword, their badge of distinction, their bond of union, the authority for their course of action, and the source of their success. Nothing that does not bear His superscription is to be recognized in His kingdom." {The Desire of Ages, page 826, paragraph 1}

As we keep our eyes fixed on Jesus and feed upon His word, we can gladly and boldly share with others what will uplift the soul from the ruin and degradation of sin to receive new hearts as they become partakers of the divine nature whereby all of the fruits of the Spirit will be manifest in the life without one missing! What joy to live in harmony with the will of God as revealed in His law--the definition of freedom!

Dorine

« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2020, 06:31:21 AM »
The first disciples went forth preaching the word. They revealed Christ in their lives. And the Lord worked with them, "confirming the word with signs following." Mark 16:20. These disciples prepared themselves for their work. Before the day of Pentecost they met together, and put away all differences. They were of one accord. They believed Christ's promise that the blessing would be given, and they prayed in faith. They did not ask for a blessing for themselves merely; they were weighted with the burden for the salvation of souls. The gospel was to be carried to the uttermost parts of the earth, and they claimed the endowment of power that Christ had promised. Then it was that the Holy Spirit was poured out, and thousands were converted in a day.

What a spectacular description of the revival that is coming to our church. Not everyone will accept it but those that do will be of one accord and used mightily for the saving of souls. We are told that the latter rain will be even more abundant than the early rain. But to be part of that group we must first experience the early rain by daily spending time with God and in full surrender to Him in preparation for that great event that is about to take place among God's people.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2020, 09:38:53 PM »
Amen, amen, and amen!!

There is so very much in this chapter, not the least of which is God's trust in us to take the gospel to the whole world. But, there was a short simple statement that is so very important to His church. Sadly, far too many trust in the physician and His drugs instead of God for healing. The following statement needs no explanation. It is easy to understand.

Christ feels the woes of every sufferer. When evil spirits rend a human frame, Christ feels the curse. When fever is burning up the life current, He feels the agony. And He is just as willing to heal the sick now as when He was personally on earth. Christ's servants are His representatives, the channels for His working. He desires through them to exercise His healing power.   
     In the Saviour's manner of healing there were lessons for His disciples. On one occasion He anointed the eyes of a blind man with clay, and bade him, "Go, wash in the pool of Siloam. . . . He went his way therefore, and washed, and came seeing." John 9:7. The cure could be wrought only by the power of the Great Healer, yet Christ made use of the simple agencies of nature. While He did not give countenance to drug medication, He sanctioned the use of simple and natural remedies.

The health message is the "right arm" of the gospel. We are to become educated in how God wants to use us to heal the sick. It is then that hearts will be softened and many will inquire as to how we learned to heal and how is the God we love and serve.

Beacon

« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2020, 05:32:56 AM »
"..The disciples were to teach what Christ had taught. That which He had spoken, not only in person, but through all the prophets and teachers of the Old Testament, is here included.

Human teaching is shut out. There is no place for tradition, for man's theories and conclusions, or for church legislation.

No laws ordained by ecclesiastical authority are included in the commission. None of these are Christ's servants to teach. 'The law and the prophets,' with the record of His own words and deeds, are the treasure committed to the disciples to be given to the world. Christ's name is their watchword, their badge of distinction, their bond of union, the authority for their course of action, and the source of their success.

Nothing that does not bear His superscription is to be recognized in His kingdom."

How thankful we should be that we have such a straight forward a commission. May our personal testimony of the love of Jesus and what His requirements are, always be the clear undiluted truth of His Word demonstrated in and by our personal lives.

Dorine

« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2020, 05:42:36 AM »
"Thus Christ gave His disciples their commission. He made full provision for the prosecution of the work, and took upon Himself the responsibility for its success. So long as they obeyed His word, and worked in connection with Him, they could not fail. Go to all nations, He bade them. Go to the farthest part of the habitable globe, but know that My presence will be there. Labor in faith and confidence, for the time will never come when I will forsake you."

What a beautiful promise. It is a promise that we may claim for it was not made to the disciples alone but to all God's workers to the end of time.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #58 on: October 23, 2020, 06:13:34 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon and Sister Dorine!

Our Heavenly Father gives us amazing promises as we go forth in the name of Jesus by the power of the Holy Spirit to spread the everlasting gospel that uplifts Jesus in His infinite loveliness so that all who will "look and live" may have everlasting life! Yielding the whole heart to Christ, He cleanses the heart and makes it new, comes to abide in us and fill us with all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing, and motivates us to affectionately obey His law of freedom--the Ten Commandments!

"The Saviour longs to manifest His grace and stamp His character on the whole world. It is His purchased possession, and He desires to make men free, and pure, and holy. Though Satan works to hinder this purpose, yet through the blood shed for the world there are triumphs to be achieved that will bring glory to God and the Lamb. Christ will not be satisfied till the victory is complete, and 'He shall see of the travail of His soul, and shall be satisfied.' Isaiah 53:11. All the nations of the earth shall hear the gospel of His grace. Not all will receive His grace; but 'a seed shall serve Him; it shall be accounted to the Lord for a generation.' Psalm 22:30. 'The kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the Most High,' and 'the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea.' 'So shall they fear the name of the Lord from the west, and His glory from the rising of the sun.' Daniel 7:27; Isaiah 11:9; 59:19." {The Desire of Ages, page 827, paragraph 4}

Let us dismiss our fears and doubts and go forth in the power of the Holy Spirit by having enjoyed that "thoughtful hour" upon the life of Christ, realizing that by beholding Christ, we become changed, and that others will see Jesus in us as long as we have that moment-by-moment union and communion with Him!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #59 on: October 23, 2020, 08:08:15 AM »
Amen Pastor Sean! He will have a church that reflects His character. And he has made provision that we would have power and Grace to attract those seeking truth. And He has given us all we need to do the work. Christ spent more time healing than preaching. So ought we.

The disciples were to have the same power which Jesus had to heal "all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people." By healing in His name the diseases of the body, they would testify to His power for the healing of the soul. Matthew 4:23; 9:6. And a new endowment was now promised. The disciples were to preach among other nations, and they would receive power to speak other tongues. The apostles and their associates were unlettered men, yet through the outpouring of the Spirit on the day of Pentecost, their speech, whether in their own or a foreign language, became pure, simple, and accurate, both in word and in accent. 

]"..The disciples were to teach what Christ had taught.

Amen Brother Beacon!!  He is our example in all things. We are to be His disciples and reflect His character.

"Thus Christ gave His disciples their commission. He made full provision for the prosecution of the work, and took upon Himself the responsibility for its success. So long as they obeyed His word, and worked in connection with Him, they could not fail.

Amen!! He has given us power to heal the sick using His natural remedies. When we and our families are sick, it gives us experience in dealing with His ways of healing that the world might be blessed by understanding His ways of dealing with disease. Then they will want to know more about our great God!

In the Saviour's manner of healing there were lessons for His disciples. On one occasion He anointed the eyes of a blind man with clay, and bade him, "Go, wash in the pool of Siloam. . . . He went his way therefore, and washed, and came seeing." John 9:7. The cure could be wrought only by the power of the Great Healer, yet Christ made use of the simple agencies of nature. While He did not give countenance to drug medication, He sanctioned the use of simple and natural remedies.