Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--86--Go Teach All Nations  (Read 16540 times)

JimB

• Servant
  • Assistant Administrator
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
Re: The Desire of Ages--86--Go Teach All Nations
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2017, 07:01:33 AM »
The first disciples went forth preaching the word. They revealed Christ in their lives. And the Lord worked with them, "confirming the word with signs following." Mark 16:20. These disciples prepared themselves for their work. Before the day of Pentecost they met together, and put away all differences. They were of one accord. They believed Christ's promise that the blessing would be given, and they prayed in faith. They did not ask for a blessing for themselves merely; they were weighted with the burden for the salvation of souls. The gospel was to be carried to the uttermost parts of the earth, and they claimed the endowment of power that Christ had promised. Then it was that the Holy Spirit was poured out, and thousands were converted in a day.

This speaks volumes. Especially today when people are mostly interested in God's blessings rather than God Himself. They weren't worried just for their own salvation. Like Moses care for the Hebrews the disciples had a burden to see others saved also. How is it with us?

By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2017, 07:09:57 AM »
Amen, Jim. There is so much in today's reading, but I like this. God puts a burden on all who are truly converted, to help others know Jesus.

The gospel is to be presented, not as a lifeless theory, but as a living force to change the life. God desires that the receivers of His grace shall be witnesses to its power. Those whose course has been most offensive to Him He freely accepts; when they repent, He imparts to them His divine Spirit, places them in the highest positions of trust, and sends them forth into the camp of the disloyal to proclaim His boundless mercy. He would have His servants bear testimony to the fact that through His grace men may possess Christlikeness of character, and may rejoice in the assurance of His great love. He would have us bear testimony to the fact that He cannot be satisfied until the human race are reclaimed and reinstated in their holy privileges as His sons and daughters. 

When the church is converted, then many who are waiting will be brought into the church.

The power of love was in all Christ's healing, and only by partaking of that love, through faith, can we be instruments for His work. If we neglect to link ourselves in divine connection with Christ, the current of life-giving energy cannot flow in rich streams from us to the people. There were places where the Saviour Himself could not do many mighty works because of their unbelief. So now unbelief separates the church from her divine Helper. Her hold upon eternal realities is weak. By her lack of faith, God is disappointed, and robbed of His glory. 

When we give the whole heart to Christ, then we will have power to help others.

Instead of man's speculations, let the word of God be preached. Let Christians put away their dissensions, and give themselves to God for the saving of the lost. Let them in faith ask for the blessing, and it will come. The outpouring of the Spirit in apostolic days was the "former rain," and glorious was the result. But the "latter rain" will be more abundant. Joel 2:23.   
     All who consecrate soul, body, and spirit to God will be constantly receiving a new endowment of physical and mental power. The inexhaustible supplies of heaven are at their command. Christ gives them the breath of His own spirit, the life of His own life. The Holy Spirit puts forth its highest energies to work in heart and mind. The grace of God enlarges and multiplies their faculties, and every perfection of the divine nature comes to their assistance in the work of saving souls. Through co-operation with Christ they are complete in Him, and in their human weakness they are enabled to do the deeds of Omnipotence.   
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2017, 11:53:14 AM »
Amen, Richard and Jim! Soul-Winning becomes our chief delight when Jesus is our chief delight, for winning souls was why He came to our dark earth, the Father risking so much for us!

Jesus loves us and desires us to share the truth warm from a rich experience of the knowledge and practice of the truth! We cannot give what we do not have, and unless we are vitally connected with Jesus by a full-heart surrender, we shall not be able to give the truth as it is in Jesus. We need Jesus moment-by-moment, and I invite you to join me in consecrating yourself fully to Him so that others may be blessed by seeing Christ at work in you in life by each thought, look, word, and deed!

In connection with Matthew 28:16-20, I was blessed to read this from The Desire of Ages, chapter 86, this morning:

"The gospel is to be presented, not as a lifeless theory, but as a living force to change the life. God desires that the receivers of His grace shall be witnesses to its power. Those whose course has been most offensive to Him He freely accepts; when they repent, He imparts to them His divine Spirit, places them in the highest positions of trust, and sends them forth into the camp of the disloyal to proclaim His boundless mercy. He would have His servants bear testimony to the fact that through His grace men may possess Christlikeness of character, and may rejoice in the assurance of His great love. He would have us bear testimony to the fact that He cannot be satisfied until the human race are reclaimed and reinstated in their holy privileges as His sons and daughters." {The Desire of Ages, page 826, paragraph 2}

There is power in the gospel to transform us into a fully Christ-like character--bearing all of the fruits of the Spirit so that not one is missing!!!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2017, 06:39:09 AM »
Amen, Pastor Sean.  Grace is the transforming power!

All who consecrate soul, body, and spirit to God will be constantly receiving a new endowment of physical and mental power. The inexhaustible supplies of heaven are at their command. Christ gives them the breath of His own spirit, the life of His own life. The Holy Spirit puts forth its highest energies to work in heart and mind. The grace of God enlarges and multiplies their faculties, and every perfection of the divine nature comes to their assistance in the work of saving souls. Through co-operation with Christ they are complete in Him, and in their human weakness they are enabled to do the deeds of Omnipotence.   
     The Saviour longs to manifest His grace and stamp His character on the whole world. It is His purchased possession, and He desires to make men free, and pure, and holy. Though Satan works to hinder this purpose, yet through the blood shed for the world there are triumphs to be achieved that will bring glory to God and the Lamb.

Such a simple truth!! Why is it so hard to accept? Because fallen man does not easily give up his pride and is not willing to make the sacrifice necessary to enter the kingdom of God. But, this can change if they will learn of God. If all would behold His love, they would be transformed in character. "By His stripes we are healed."
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2017, 09:05:11 AM »
Amen, Richard! Each of us may come to Christ and be transformed in character by beholding His infinite love and grace! I love who Jesus is to us!

"In Christ is the tenderness of the shepherd, the affection of the parent, and the matchless grace of the compassionate Saviour. His blessings He presents in the most alluring terms. He is not content merely to announce these blessings; He presents them in the most attractive way, to excite a desire to possess them. So His servants are to present the riches of the glory of the unspeakable Gift. The wonderful love of Christ will melt and subdue hearts, when the mere reiteration of doctrines would accomplish nothing. 'Comfort ye, comfort ye My people, saith your God.' 'O Zion, that bringest good tidings, get thee up into the high mountain; O Jerusalem, that bringest good tidings, lift up thy voice with strength; lift it up, be not afraid; say unto the cities of Judah, Behold your God! . . . He shall feed His flock like a shepherd: He shall gather the lambs with His arm, and carry them in His bosom.' Isaiah 40:1, 9-11. Tell the people of Him who is 'the Chiefest among ten thousand,' and the One 'altogether lovely.' The Song of Solomon 5:10, 16. Words alone cannot tell it. Let it be reflected in the character and manifested in the life. Christ is sitting for His portrait in every disciple. Every one God has predestinated to be 'conformed to the image of His Son.' Romans 8:29. In every one Christ's long-suffering love, His holiness, meekness, mercy, and truth are to be manifested to the world." {The Desire of Ages, page 826, paragraph 3}

I love this thought of how Christ is sitting for His portrait in every disciple--and in order for His character to be reproduced in us, we must look to Him and live, learn of Him, and unlearn the ways of this world that contradict the selfless character of Christ. When we surrender fully to Christ, He forgives our sins and imparts to us His Spirit. As long as we abide in Christ, His Spirit is transforming us to be ever more like Him, while all of the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives, not one will be missing, but these precious graces can become richer and more abundant!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2018, 05:26:59 AM »
God is so gracious to us! He uses each humble instrumentality for the fulfillment of His great commission, and though our beginning may be small, it will continue to swell until the whole earth is given a manifestation of His glory, and Christ's character is revealed that all may choose whom they will serve! Let us today choose Christ anew with a full-heart surrender!

"For who hath despised the day of small things? for they shall rejoice, and shall see the plummet in the hand of Zerubbabel with those seven; they are the eyes of the Lord, which run to and fro through the whole earth" (Zechariah 4:10). Small beginnings can have glorious results! God's Spirit is at work throughout the whole earth to draw souls to Christ! Let us cooperate with the Holy Spirit today!

"The disciples were to begin their work where they were. The hardest and most unpromising field was not to be passed by. So every one of Christ's workers is to begin where he is. In our own families may be souls hungry for sympathy, starving for the bread of life. There may be children to be trained for Christ. There are heathen at our very doors. Let us do faithfully the work that is nearest. Then let our efforts be extended as far as God's hand may lead the way. The work of many may appear to be restricted by circumstances; but, wherever it is, if performed with faith and diligence it will be felt to the uttermost parts of the earth. Christ's work when upon earth appeared to be confined to a narrow field, but multitudes from all lands heard His message. God often uses the simplest means to accomplish the greatest results. It is His plan that every part of His work shall depend on every other part, as a wheel within a wheel, all acting in harmony. The humblest worker, moved by the Holy Spirit, will touch invisible chords, whose vibrations will ring to the ends of the earth, and make melody through eternal ages." {The Desire of Ages, page 822, paragraph 4}

Whoever we are, wherever we are, if we are connected to Jesus, all the fruits of His Spirit will be seen in our lives, people will be drawn to the uplifted Savior, and we will have joy unspeakable and full of glory because we have set the Lord always before us! What a privilege it is to be colaborers with Christ for the salvation of souls! Let us pray, "Lord, please give me one more soul for You!" (And then keep praying that prayer as you hunger for more and more souls for His glorious name!)

Dorine

« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2018, 07:06:42 AM »
What a compelling chapter! Paragraph after paragraph is filled with conditional promises and truth. We are almost 'Home'. Am I living the gospel message? Am I burdened for lost souls? Does the love of Jesus show in my life through all circumstances I face?

These quotes popped out at me. "Christ is sitting for His portrait in every disciple."......."In every one Christ's long-suffering love, His holiness, meekness, mercy, and truth are to be manifested to the world."......."Let Christians put away their dissensions, and give themselves to God for the saving of the lost."....."Through co-operation with Christ they are complete in Him, and in their human weakness they are enabled to do the deeds of Omnipotence."

But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2018, 10:05:41 PM »
Amen, Sister Dorine and Pastor Sean!! What a work God has entrusted to us. While we are to not pass by those nearest us, we are also told to take the gospel to all the world, to the farthest corners of the world. Impossible, you say? For over 20 years, we have been reaching into living rooms around the world, including the big cities. It is not as personal as face to face in real life, but it is the Holy Spirit that takes the Word and opens hungry minds to the truth of God's love.

We have been given the technology that we may sit in our living rooms and reach to the far corners of the Earth. What excuse do we have for not doing so? None.

Jesus says "'Go ye therefore, and teach all nations. Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.' Mark 16:15. Again and again the words were repeated, that the disciples might grasp their significance. Upon all the inhabitants of the earth, high and low, rich and poor, was the light of heaven to shine in clear, strong rays. The disciples were to be colaborers with their Redeemer in the work of saving the world."

Some will say we have been doing this for over a hundred years. No, we have not. Today, in the church there is much confusion as to what is the gospel message. It is the true gospel message we are to take to the world, not a false gospel. Therefore, it is so much important that those whose eyes have been opened be faithful to take the gospel as far as they can,  not overlooking those nearby.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2018, 05:41:49 AM »
I need Jesus help today--how about you? Infinite help is provided us!!

"All who consecrate soul, body, and spirit to God will be constantly receiving a new endowment of physical and mental power. The inexhaustible supplies of heaven are at their command. Christ gives them the breath of His own spirit, the life of His own life. The Holy Spirit puts forth its highest energies to work in heart and mind. The grace of God enlarges and multiplies their faculties, and every perfection of the divine nature comes to their assistance in the work of saving souls. Through co-operation with Christ they are complete in Him, and in their human weakness they are enabled to do the deeds of Omnipotence." {The Desire of Ages, page 827, paragraph 3}

God enables us to do His work for His glory by His Spirit--the evidence that the work is of Him is that we are revealing in our lives all of the fruits of His Spirit without one missing! We gladly live up to every known duty and every revealed principle of His law of love! Praise God for this great joy in serving Him with gladness!!     

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2018, 04:29:56 PM »
Amen Pastor Sean! When we give the whole heart to Christ, the Spirit brings into the heart and mind "physical and mental power." We are new creature in Christ Jesus! And, then we have an unbelievable message to take to a world soon to perish. Sinners may be forgiven and have eternal life with Jesus!

And there were in Jerusalem many who had secretly believed on Jesus, and many who had been deceived by the priests and rulers. To these also the gospel was to be presented. They were to be called to repentance. The wonderful truth that through Christ alone could remission of sins be obtained was to be made plain. While all Jerusalem was stirred by the thrilling events of the past few weeks, the preaching of the gospel would make the deepest impression.
     But the work was not to stop here. It was to be extended to the earth's remotest bounds. To His disciples Christ said, You have been witnesses of My life of self-sacrifice in behalf of the world. You have witnessed My labors for Israel. Although they would not come unto Me that they might have life, although priests and rulers have done to Me as they listed, although they have rejected Me as the Scriptures foretold, they shall have still another opportunity of accepting the Son of God. You have seen that all who come to Me, confessing their sins, I freely receive. Him that cometh to Me I will in nowise cast out. All who will, may be reconciled to God, and receive everlasting life. To you, My disciples, I commit this message of mercy. It is to be given to Israel first, and then to all nations, tongues, and peoples. It is to be given to Jews and Gentiles. All who believe are to be gathered into one church. 

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2018, 06:16:27 AM »
God's plan of diffusing the light of the gospel is so simple, and yet so expansive. As we begin where we are, reaching those nearest to us, one more will reach another, and the light of Christ's loveliness of character will continue to draw others. We have been placed where we are in God's great plan because He knows what He is preparing us for, and how He will use us to glorify His name.

"The disciples were to begin their work where they were. The hardest and most unpromising field was not to be passed by. So every one of Christ's workers is to begin where he is. In our own families may be souls hungry for sympathy, starving for the bread of life. There may be children to be trained for Christ. There are heathen at our very doors. Let us do faithfully the work that is nearest. Then let our efforts be extended as far as God's hand may lead the way. The work of many may appear to be restricted by circumstances; but, wherever it is, if performed with faith and diligence it will be felt to the uttermost parts of the earth. Christ's work when upon earth appeared to be confined to a narrow field, but multitudes from all lands heard His message. God often uses the simplest means to accomplish the greatest results. It is His plan that every part of His work shall depend on every other part, as a wheel within a wheel, all acting in harmony. The humblest worker, moved by the Holy Spirit, will touch invisible chords, whose vibrations will ring to the ends of the earth, and make melody through eternal ages." {The Desire of Ages, page 822, paragraph 4}

We need Jesus at every step, and with Him in the heart there will be positive evidence--all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing, even as Christ is glorified and honored by seeing His character stamped upon all who come unto Him!   

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2018, 08:05:32 AM »
Ordination is an  issue in God's church today. Some want what God has not ordained. But, all may have an ordination that is higher than the ordination conferred by man. The wisdom of man is  often faulty. Thus we will find ordinations made by the church to be a mistake. But, the ordinations made by God will not reveal  any mistakes. If we will give Jesus the whole heart, then we too may be ordained of Him to take the real gospel to the world.What a trust!! And, what joy to be called to share the love of Jesus with a world soon to perish!

Thus Christ gave His disciples their commission. He made full provision for the prosecution of the work, and took upon Himself the responsibility for its success. So long as they obeyed His word, and worked in connection with Him, they could not fail. Go to all nations, He bade them. Go to the farthest part of the habitable globe, but know that My presence will be there. Labor in faith and confidence, for the time will never come when I will forsake you.
     The Saviour's commission to the disciples included all the believers. It includes all believers in Christ to the end of time. It is a fatal mistake to suppose that the work of saving souls depends alone on the ordained minister. All to whom the heavenly inspiration has come are put in trust with the gospel. All who receive the life of Christ are ordained to work for the salvation of their fellow men. For this work the church was established, and all who take upon themselves its sacred vows are thereby pledged to be co-workers with Christ.   

Dorine

« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2018, 06:40:00 AM »
"All who consecrate soul, body, and spirit to God will be constantly receiving a new endowment of physical and mental power. The inexhaustible supplies of heaven are at their command. Christ gives them the breath of His own spirit, the life of His own life. The Holy Spirit puts forth its highest energies to work in heart and mind. The grace of God enlarges and multiplies their faculties, and every perfection of the divine nature comes to their assistance in the work of saving souls. Through co-operation with Christ they are complete in Him, and in their human weakness they are enabled to do the deeds of Omnipotence."

What an awesome promise. If this is not happening in our lives then we need to go back to our closets and recommit our lives to Him. This is His promise to each one of us. It's not just a nice idea or someone's theory. It's ours to claim when we have consecrated our all to Him. Praise His name.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2018, 06:58:58 AM »
Amen, Dorine!! This is one of the promises I love to claim each day, and I love it so much I have prayerfully made it into a song!

The most momentous events the world will ever see are about to transpire. What is it that is so essential at this time?

"The first disciples went forth preaching the word. They revealed Christ in their lives. And the Lord worked with them, 'confirming the word with signs following.' Mark 16:20. These disciples prepared themselves for their work. Before the day of Pentecost they met together, and put away all differences. They were of one accord. They believed Christ's promise that the blessing would be given, and they prayed in faith. They did not ask for a blessing for themselves merely; they were weighted with the burden for the salvation of souls. The gospel was to be carried to the uttermost parts of the earth, and they claimed the endowment of power that Christ had promised. Then it was that the Holy Spirit was poured out, and thousands were converted in a day." {The Desire of Ages, page 827, paragraph 1} 
     "So it may be now. Instead of man's speculations, let the word of God be preached. Let Christians put away their dissensions, and give themselves to God for the saving of the lost. Let them in faith ask for the blessing, and it will come. The outpouring of the Spirit in apostolic days was the 'former rain,' and glorious was the result. But the "latter rain" will be more abundant. Joel 2:23."  {The Desire of Ages, page 827, paragraph 2}   

With such promises before us, may be prayerfully unite together with fellow believers so there can be right thoughts and feelings between us, there can be reconciliation and healing where there were wounds and misunderstandings, and we can earnestly pray for the outpouring of the Holy Spirit to bring in the final gospel harvest, as the message of the loveliness of Jesus will sound throughout the world!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2018, 09:32:34 PM »
Amen, Sister Dorine and Pastor Sean! We are called to take the greatest message ever given to man or angels to the world. What a privilege! Christ wants to set us free from sin!! The paragraph after the one Sister Dorine shared says this:

The Saviour longs to manifest His grace and stamp His character on the whole world. It is His purchased possession, and He desires to make men free, and pure, and holy. Though Satan works to hinder this purpose, yet through the blood shed for the world there are triumphs to be achieved that will bring glory to God and the Lamb. Christ will not be satisfied till the victory is complete, and "He shall see of the travail of His soul, and shall be satisfied." Isaiah 53:11. All the nations of the earth shall hear the gospel of His grace. Not all will receive His grace; but "a seed shall serve Him; it shall be accounted to the Lord for a generation." Psalm 22:30. "The kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the Most High," and "the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea." "So shall they fear the name of the Lord from the west, and His glory from the rising of the sun." Daniel 7:27; Isaiah 11:9; 59:19. 

Beacon

« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2019, 08:13:47 PM »
"The gospel is to be presented, not as a lifeless theory, but as a living force to change the life. God desires that the receivers of His grace shall be witnesses to its power. Those whose course has been most offensive to Him He freely accepts; when they repent, He imparts to them His divine Spirit, places them in the highest positions of trust, and sends them forth into the camp of the disloyal to proclaim His boundless mercy. He would have His servants bear testimony to the fact that through His grace men may possess Christlikeness of character, and may rejoice in the assurance of His great love. He would have us bear testimony to the fact that He cannot be satisfied until the human race are reclaimed and reinstated in their holy privileges as His sons and daughters."

However, we cannot give what we ourselves have not experienced. It must be more than "theory" . Jesus said to Peter in Luke 22:31 "I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren."  When this commission of Jesus is shared with others, it will only change lives when we ourselves have a personal testimony to bear.   
:
"In Christ is the tenderness of the shepherd, the affection of the parent, and the matchless grace of the compassionate Saviour. His blessings He presents in the most alluring terms. He is not content merely to announce these blessings; He presents them in the most attractive way, to excite a desire to possess them. So His servants are to present the riches of the glory of the unspeakable Gift. The wonderful love of Christ will melt and subdue hearts, when the mere reiteration of doctrines would accomplish nothing."

Do you want to have this type of personal testimony? Here is a vital key....Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: 8 for every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. Mathew 7:7,8.
Look up and listen for the shout.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2019, 08:27:55 AM »
The gospel is the good news of God's amazing grace that has the power to change sinners into saints! Let us behold the loveliness of Jesus and experience all that He has for us!

"The gospel is to be presented, not as a lifeless theory, but as a living force to change the life. God desires that the receivers of His grace shall be witnesses to its power. Those whose course has been most offensive to Him He freely accepts; when they repent, He imparts to them His divine Spirit, places them in the highest positions of trust, and sends them forth into the camp of the disloyal to proclaim His boundless mercy. He would have His servants bear testimony to the fact that through His grace men may possess Christlikeness of character, and may rejoice in the assurance of His great love. He would have us bear testimony to the fact that He cannot be satisfied until the human race are reclaimed and reinstated in their holy privileges as His sons and daughters."  {The Desire of Ages, page 826, paragraph 2}

What a promise of what God will do with us as we yield the whole heart to Him!!

Dorine

« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2019, 10:49:14 AM »
  "The Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come." Revelation 22:17. Everyone who hears is to repeat the invitation. Whatever one's calling in life, his first interest should be to win souls for Christ. He may not be able to speak to congregations, but he can work for individuals. To them he can communicate the instruction received from his Lord. Ministry does not consist alone in preaching. Those minister who relieve the sick and suffering, helping the needy, speaking words of comfort to the desponding and those of little faith. Nigh and afar off are souls weighed down by a sense of guilt. It is not hardship, toil, or poverty that degrades humanity. It is guilt, wrongdoing. This brings unrest and dissatisfaction. Christ would have His servants minister to sin-sick souls." 

What a power packed paragraph. This is the commission given to us by Christ and He promises us the Holy Spirit who will supply us with the tools needed to "minister to sin-sick souls." There's something about serving others that brings joy and humility to our hearts.

Beacon

« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2019, 08:27:13 PM »
"The first disciples went forth preaching the word. They revealed Christ in their lives. And the Lord worked with them, "confirming the word with signs following." Mark 16:20. These disciples prepared themselves for their work. Before the day of Pentecost they met together, and put away all differences. They were of one accord. They believed Christ's promise that the blessing would be given, and they prayed in faith. They did not ask for a blessing for themselves merely; they were weighted with the burden for the salvation of souls. The gospel was to be carried to the uttermost parts of the earth, and they claimed the endowment of power that Christ had promised. Then it was that the Holy Spirit was poured out, and thousands were converted in a day."
[/b][/u]

The Gospel commission has not changed and every member is invited to work for the Master. Matthew 28:19
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost

"So it may be now. Instead of man's speculations, let the word of God be preached. Let Christians put away their dissensions, and give themselves to God for the saving of the lost. Let them in faith ask for the blessing, and it will come. The outpouring of the Spirit in apostolic days was the "former rain," and glorious was the result. But the "latter rain" will be more abundant. Joel 2:23."
Look up and listen for the shout.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2019, 07:25:45 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!

Let us live Christ's unselfish life and overcome through the power of His grace--for God is preparing us for heaven!

"The gospel is to be presented, not as a lifeless theory, but as a living force to change the life. God desires that the receivers of His grace shall be witnesses to its power. Those whose course has been most offensive to Him He freely accepts; when they repent, He imparts to them His divine Spirit, places them in the highest positions of trust, and sends them forth into the camp of the disloyal to proclaim His boundless mercy. He would have His servants bear testimony to the fact that through His grace men may possess Christlikeness of character, and may rejoice in the assurance of His great love. He would have us bear testimony to the fact that He cannot be satisfied until the human race are reclaimed and reinstated in their holy privileges as His sons and daughters." {The Desire of Ages, page 826, paragraph 2}

God wants us keep our focus on Christ and the eternal plan He has for us!